Great Woodland Photography Reviews

Great Woodland Photography 2
Great Woodland Photography 3
Great Woodland Photography 4

Tiffany · Married on 10/06/2018

Taryn is amazing! We had our engagement session at Balboa Park and Coronado beach. She made us feel so comfortable and relaxed, walking us through the process and teaching us a few key poses (good life skills). We put our trust in her to see our vision come to life and we could not be more happy. We can't wait for the wedding!

Medina · Married on 08/03/2018

Engagement + Wedding Photos - LOVE TARYN

We came across Taryn and Great Woodland Photography through a referral from a family friend and we can't explain how happy we are. Not only did she walk us through the different packages, she took the time to get to know both of us. This made taking our engagement photos a lot less awkward for my husband. Prior to our wedding, she visited the site to find the best spots for pictures and even notified us when she noticed the grounds weren't being kept, which definitely was above and beyond. During the wedding, she kept us on schedule and made sure get the photos we wanted. We're super pleased with Taryn's work and awesome personality. Have already referred her to a coworker planning a wedding next year!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Great Woodland Photography's reply:

Medina I am blushing. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! I loved being there for you and Arash on your wedding day, and I especially loved our wild golf cart ride up and down the hills on the golf course. :) Big hugs to you both!

Shannon Brady · Married on 07/28/2018

A joy to work with!

Taryn was extremely professional and fun, making for such a wonderful wedding day experience. She was on top of her game when it came to getting all the details in order ahead of time, knew exactly when the right lighting was and what the best natural backdrops would be at our venue, and she stayed precisely on schedule for all the photos we had planned throughout the big day. Nonetheless, I was very impressed by how organized she was. Our photos arrived within the timeline she gave us and everything came out beautiful. She perfectly captured how happy we were during the big day and all the special moments we shared between my husband and I, our family members, our guests and even our dog. She certainly took the time to make great edits to the photos to ensure they were delivered with the best quality. I highly recommend Great Woodland Photography, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/26/2018

Great Woodland Photography's reply:

Thanks Shannon! I had such a blast at your Wyoming wedding and I am so glad you both loved your experience. I wish every wedding was a as fun as yours was! Big hugs! :) - Taryn

Paige · Married on 06/30/2018

Taryn is absolutely amazing! Although we have not got our wedding photos back yet, I can leave this review just from our interactions, engagement photos, and our sneak peak!

Taryn is not only the nicest and detail oriented person, SHE IS SO DAMN TALENTED! We chose Taryn because our entire wedding was outside and she specialized in natural light. The few photos I have seen from our big day brought tears to my eye, and I cannot wait to see the final product.

Taryn is also very flexible and willing to make a contract that works best for you. She makes a package perfect for your needs and budget. Thanks Taryn, our big day would not have been the same without you!

Sent on 07/08/2018

Great Woodland Photography's reply:

Paige! I am so so happy that I got to work with you and Kareem. You're day was stunning and I loved every minute, but especially the sunset portrait time over the vineyard! I'll never forget it, I hope you love all the images now that you have them.

Sarah · Married on 05/26/2018

Taryn took our engagement photos at the Torrey Pines Gliderport and Scripps Pier on a rainy winter day and made it the best day ever! Taryn's high-energy and creative plans made for an awesome session and we are so excited about the photos. Family and friends are loving them and we were able to put a few "sneek peek" photos on our wedding website within 24 hours. Taryn is also super flexible - I had to change the date of our session and she made it work. I can't wait for Taryn to photograph our wedding day.

Sent on 03/08/2018
    Great Woodland Photography 5
    Great Woodland Photography 6
    Great Woodland Photography 7
    Great Woodland Photography 8

Great Woodland Photography's reply:

Sarah! Thank you so much, you are so sweet. I loved your engagement session sooo much and I can't wait for your big day!

Jenna · Married on 04/29/2017

We had such a great experience working with Taryn! She did an amazing job of making us feel comfortable and relaxed during both our engagement and wedding photos. Both our engagement photos at Balboa Park and our wedding photos at the Darlington House turned out great and she was able to capture all of our special moments. I highly recommend using Taryn, she will do an amazing job!

Sent on 06/24/2017

Great Woodland Photography's reply:

Thanks Jenna! You and Kaj were so amazing, and your stunning spanish inspired wedding at the Darlington House was a dream! I loved every moment (especially the bouquet toss!) and I wish we could do it all over again. :)

Brianna · Married on 03/16/2017

I found Great Woodland Photography on Instagram. I searched a few hashtags and was blown away by the quality of work. Taryn, Owner/Founder, is fantastic. Her ability to direct the photoshoot, but keep it playful and fun is amazing. I must admit I was nervous at first, but her friendly personality and attitude immediately put me at ease. She already had the day planned in advance and we didn't have to worry about anything. She's so accommodating and even has a list of go-to vendors for any last minute needs. My husband and I were running late to our shoot and Taryn waited patiently for us to arrive. Thanks, Taryn! You made our experience fun and memorable, and captured our love perfectly! I definitely recommend her services.

Claudia · Married on 03/10/2017

Our experience working with Taryn was wonderful from beginning to end. We had a small civil wedding ceremony at the San Diego Recorder’s office, so time was very limited, but she was amazing at making the best of the time we had to really capture the love and happiness of our special day in such an artistic way. She found the most unique locations around the building and nearby city streets and produced a collection of beautiful pictures that we will cherish for years to come. It can be challenging posing for good professional pictures, but she made us feel very comfortable and relaxed and encouraged us to be ourselves. We definitely enjoyed the session and it showed through. I sincerely recommend Great Woodland Photography. No matter how big or small your celebration might be, Taryn will add that cherry on top!

Sent on 04/05/2017

Great Woodland Photography's reply:

Oh Claudia!! You are so sweet, I teared up reading your review. You were both such a delight and I hope we get to work together again sometime in the future. I wish you both so much happiness!

jen · Married on 11/01/2016

I was on a very tight wedding budget and Taryn let me book a custom package. After a month or so I was worried I didn't have enough hours booked so she let me upgrade to an amount that would ease my nerves. Hands down, she was the best purchase I made for my wedding and value wise I feel like I got so much more than wedding photos. She went above and beyond and then some, she had the timeline nailed down and knew the ins and outs of the area, sunset, etc. She literally is the best, just let her work her magic!!! I am so glad I found her. Do one thing for yourself during the wedding planning and book her; you will not be disappointed I promise you! Thank you Taryn and your assistant Jax for making my wedding the absolute best day ever (totally cliche, but totally true!) I can't thank you enough and will send every person I know your contact information! Xoxoxo

Sent on 07/17/2017

Great Woodland Photography's reply:

Thank you Jen! Your wedding was so lovely, and I had the best time with you and your sweet Husband. I'm so glad you guys trusted me and let me take you on a bit of an adventure (aka creeping up to Del Mar Surf Station and climbing over fences) to get the best images. I love you guys and so appreciate your trust and confidence in me!

Briana · Married on 09/25/2016

Taryn with Great Woodland Photography made our wedding day so much fun! She did not make it about her photography but instead, just captured everything as it happened! She was so prepared with the list of shots we wanted in priority order that during dinner she snuck up and without interrupting got our wedding rings, took the picture and brought them back! Love it!
    She was not bossy, got the shots we wanted, we all had fun doing it and the pictures look great!

Thank you Taryn!

Josie · Married on 08/09/2016

Taryn was wonderful to work with. My now husband and I didn't have any solid ideas about what kind of photos we wanted & she was able to set us up with the perfect photos! We had a variety of backgrounds & different poses to choose from. She had wonderful ideas & was very creative! I would highly highly recommend!

Great Woodland Photography's reply:

Your review means the world to me! I am so honored that I got to be a witness at your beautiful wedding and I hope you treasure the wedding images for years to come. Thank you Josie!

grer · Married on 11/25/2015

Great Woodland Photography was an awesome company to work with for our special event. Our wedding was held on a boat and Taryn managed to capture all of our special moments on film. She was very easy to work with and collaborated with us all the way through the event to make sure she understood what results we were looking for in the outcome. She was very professional and takes lots of heart in her art. I would recommend her for any event that you need to capture memories forever.

• Dana

Dana · Married on 10/16/2015

I originally hired Taryn from Great Woodland Photography to take pictures for my engagement session. Taryn made me feel extremely comfortable in front of the camera, which is not something that ever came naturally for me. Not only did she help make sure that my outfit choices matched the location of the photo session, she also made sure that my hair looked nice, my smile looked genuine, and that my husband and I were comfortable at all times. The pictures turned out great so I knew she would be a great photographer for my wedding. Not only did the wedding pictures turn out great for our own home collection but we also got published in a couple wedding blogs! I also ended up hiring her for my one year anniversary photo session and I plan on having our holiday pictures taken every year with Taryn. Thanks for helping to capture me and my husbands most special memories.

Great Woodland Photography's reply:

Thank you Dana! It has been my genuine pleasure to not only take your wedding photos, but to continue to be apart of you and your husbands lives. I am so thankful for your both! :)
  • User7919350 · 2+ years ago

So romantic! One of the best parts of our wedding was taking the pictures with Taryn! At first we were nervous because we are both shy and the pics were taken in the garden at Stone Brewery, out in the open for everyone to see. We definitely needed a bit of "help" in order to relax and be natural with each other (especially my shy, reserved husband). Taryn gave us little cues that not only relaxed us but made it feel like it was just the two of us there. The garden was beautiful but she made it look like some type of dream world. Very satisfied!

Matthew · Married on 10/25/2014

Taryn was amazing as she took our engagement pictures. She put us at ease and made us look great. She was so easy to work with, professional, and has a great sense of humor. I was hesitant about having my pictures taken at first but after the first few minutes I barely noticed the camera. Thank you for starting this wedding adventure off with a bang!

Sent on 06/30/2017

Great Woodland Photography's reply:

Thanks Matt! I love you and Paul, and your yacht club/liberty station engagement session is still one of my favorites. Thank you so much for taking the time to do such a lovely review.

I recently had the pleasure of working with Taryn from Great Woodland Photography and let me tell you, she is an absolute dream to work with! Not only did her pictures turn out beautifully - but she has a way of making everyone else around her feel completely at ease. Totally flexible and easy going, Taryn gets it all done with a smile. :) I highly suggest booking Taryn for any upcoming photo needs you may have!

Brian · Married on 08/19/2014

As we were planning to elope to San Diego, we knew we wanted photos to document the occasion. We found Taryn through a business associate who worked with her. Even through she was enthusiastically recommended, we had some hesitation to turn over our "big day" to someone we had not met. But from the moment we spoke on the phone, we knew we had the right person! Her warmth and passion for her artistry made us realize this was as important to HER as it was to us. The final photos were amazing, as she was able to catch that golden sunset moment perfectly!

Great Woodland Photography's reply:

Thank you Brian! I loved working with you and Denny, and your Balboa Park wedding is still one of my favorites! Much love to you both.

Best,