Poetically Rustic Events

Flexibility:
 (1.5/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  0.0
I too cannot say enough bad things about her! Our wedding is Dec 31, 2013 we hired Amanda (Poetically Rustic) to do everything for us from décor to invites, flowers photography everything! She cancelled our photographer b/c she said that the photographer cannot make it as she now has to fly back home on our wedding, we had a contract and had given a deposit for this service and still have not seen any money back! We gave her a deposit back in July for out invites and I continued to contact her to ask her the progress of the invites and she con't to brush me off saying that she will meet with me soon and we will discuss, she kept cancelling our appointments! When she finally sent me a prof two weeks late they were the worse ugliest invitations ever and she said I am working with the supplies I have and whatever I can find! She even had the balls to ask for more money!!! I wanted these invites for the end of Sept and we were in the 2 week of October and she had no remorse, not once since March when I first hired her did she even attempt to talk wedding with me even though I have attempted several times to contact her for the past 8 months!!!

I have decided to fire her as our wedding planner decorator and all that and she now will not return calls, texts or emails! She has $1800.00 (deposits from back in March)worth of our money and I will now have to fight for it back!!!
She is an awful person and takes advantage of people!!!
If anyone else is interested in filing a lawsuit against her I am open to statements and anything you can help with to have a successful case! I am looking to shut this company down!!!
pls email me at jennchiass@gmail.com
Wedding: 12/31/2013
Services Used: Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Invitations, Photography, Wedding Planning, Lighting & Decor, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Party Supplies, Travel, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)

Private User 1 Reviews
WORST EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD WITH ANYTHING SHE RUINED THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE AND SHE HAS GONE MIA AND O STILL HAVE NOT RECIEVED MY WEDDING PICTURES FROM HER AND I KNOW I WONT EVER!!!!! LOOKING TO FILE SOMETHING SERIOUS AGAINST HER, SHE CANNOT DO THIS TO PEOPLE AMD GET AWAY WITH IT!!
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  0.0
Poetically Rustic Events ruined my wedding. Don't hire them for anything, ever. We hired them for full reception and ceremony décor, as well as day-of coordination which was on as a promotion at the time we booked with them. Two days before my wedding the owner, Amanda Seymour, told me she didn't get the flowers I ordered. Instead she got fake flowers. Her response was "Things go wrong at weddings". From the picture she sent of the boutonniere, the flowers looked so sloppy and bad that we had to find another company to do all of our bouquets and boutonniere's last minute.
The next morning Amanda sent me a text telling me that she wasn't going to do day-of coordination anymore, simply because she neglected to put it in my contract (even though we had a verbal contract and e-mails confirming that we were entitled to it). When I called, she ignored my questions and hung up on me.
When she showed up to set up the décor, she didn't bring an assistant even though our package said we would have one. She roped my bridesmaids into doing over half of her work for her. If they hadn't done it, my wedding would not have been set up because Amanda just left after only a few hours regardless of whether or not she finished her job. I didn't get even half an hour of time alone with my bridesmaids.
The centrepieces looked nothing at all like what we chose, the chair covers were the wrong colours and there weren't enough chair covers or sashes for the ceremony. She never did a cake table, gift table, signing table at the ceremony, any floral at the ceremony, linens on the dj table or catering table, etc. The 'backdrop' was a see through white piece of fabric that was not even centred and had three uneven strands of lights that my bridesmaids and I kept getting caught on because they were too close to the table, which was embarrassing. Because we couldn't afford to hire another coordinator last minute everything was chaotic. I can't say enough bad things about them.
Wedding: 09/27/2013
Services Used: Flowers, Lighting & Decor

Private User 1 Reviews
This was by far the most incompatent wedding planner, absolutly nothing that was put on the contract was done even remotely well.

Invitations could have been done by a a child (crooked, poorly glued)
Colour scheme of venue was incorrect (pink sashas versus gold)
Bouquests and centre pieces looked nothing like what was agreed upon on the contract (flowers that were used weren't even fresh, wilted by on the way to the church shortly after they were delivered)
Church was not decorated (except for 2 dollar store garden urns)
Mothers of the bride and groom got a a boutonniere with no heads up from the planner

Poetically CRAP!!

Anon 1 Reviews
Amanda Seymour changed the business name to \'Parlour Soiree\' in order to hide from us and her bad reviews. I really don\'t want other couples having their weddings ruined by Amanda, like I did. Please leave your review at: https://weddingful.com/vendors/parlour-soiree
Wedding: 08/08/2013
Services Used: Flowers, Photography, Wedding Planning, Event Rentals & Photobooths
0.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.5
  • Value:  0.5
  • Flexibility:  1.5

Private User 1 Reviews
So disappointed with how things were dealt with. Probably the most unprofessional wedding planner. Very difficult to get a hold of and was only interesetd in what was in it for her. She has no concept of what YOUR time, money and efforts are worth... especially on such a big day. Her side of the contract was far from met and it was nearly impossible to try to resolve anything. I would not reccomend this service to anyone. I have learned to never count on someone who relies on Facebook to market their service.... the hard way.
5.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  5.0
  • Responsiveness:  5.0
  • Professionalism:  5.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Very helpful and attentive to detail helped the day sail smoothly
Wedding: 06/22/2013
0.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.5
  • Professionalism:  0.5
  • Value:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  1.0

Private User 1 Reviews
I found her extremely unresponsive and unreliable for someone who is taking on (and being payed for) coordinating someone's special day. I found it very difficult to get simple inquiries and requests answered. Her side of the contract was far from met. Very unprofessional.....think twice!!!!! save your time and money
Services Used: Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility:  0.0
I'm not surprised to see she ripped off another web designer, she did the same thing to my company about a year ago.
She paid a deposit, changed her mind from the agreed design many times (all requests were accommodated) and when it came time to pay the bill she disappeared.
Everybody needs to beware - customers and suppliers!
Wedding: 01/01/2013
Services Used: Unique Services (Other)
4.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.5
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0

Anonymous 4 Reviews
A definite plus to have an extra set of hands to help out with the "behind-the-scenes" aspect of it all.
Poetically Rustic Events responded with the following comments:
Thank you for your kind words! It was great to be apart and assist in your wedding. It was a lot of fun! Thank you for letting us be apart of your wedding day!

~Poetically Rustic x
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Professionalism:  5.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0

Anonymous 1 Reviews
Such a relief to have a professional set of hands to take care of the day details for us! Very creative with decor and taking our ideas to the next level. Our day was absolutely perfect!
Thank you Poetically Rustic Events!
Poetically Rustic Events responded with the following comments:
Thank you for your lovely words! It was great to be apart of such an amazing wedding!

~Poetically Rustic x