Lovetts Inn

Value
Flexibility
1 Review
Recently Married

I recently attended the wedding of one of my dearest friends at Lovett's Inn and I could not have been more pleased with my experience. The property is beautiful and the service is wonderful. The rooms were clean and well kept and each one had it's own charming character. The staff was excellent and made everyone feel comfortable and welcome. Also, the food was delicious! I would highly recommend Lovett's Inn if you are looking for a beautiful home away from home.

1+ year ago

My husband and I were just married this past August- we cannot say enough great things about Jim and Janet!! They really took care of everything! From the first time we met them Jim and Janet have been more like family- they make you feel right at home. They are very flexible and understand the stressors of planning a wedding. They work with you from day one right up to the big day.

The Inn and the surrounding area are quite beautiful. Our wedding and reception was outside- the tent was gorgeous- the food was AWESOME. The weather was perfect. The staff at Lovetts is just wonderful! Our guests keep telling me how great a time they had. This was the PERFECT place to have our wedding. We cannot wait to go back on vacation and spend more time with Jim and Janet!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Just returned from a wonderful weekend at Lovett's Inn and were reminiscing with innkeepers Jim and Janet about the amazing job they did for our wedding there last May. Our family and friends filled the main house and cottages and found Janet's tasteful New England country decor quite charming and comfortable, each with its own unique details and understated elegance.

For our wedding day we had a 4pm outdoor service under the arbor with a lovely cocktail hour on the deck looking up at Cannon Mountain. The view is fabulous and the grounds were beautifully decorated. Chef Janet's display of stationary appetizers was artfully placed and proved to be even more delicious than they all looked. The passed selections were equally tasty and Janet's staff made sure that we were taken care of and got to enjoy our selections as we took pictures and mingled with our guests. We opted for the salmon and tenderloin selections as the main courses of our dinner buffet, which was served under the wedding tent. Our guests seriously still rave about the food!!! Jim and and Janet worked with us on ideas and planning options that helped us remain within our budget without compromising on anything. The personal touch that Janet provided throughout the planning process and our wedding weekend made for a memorable weekend not just for us but for our guests as well.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My Husband and I got married here September 2011 and I can't say enough good things about Lovett's! We were just back this past September to celebrate our second anniversary. When Jim & Janet told us they had just gotten on wedding wire, I knew I had to write a review! Don't let the rustic appearance from the outside fool you, it's part of it's charm! The Inn is so quaint and cute. We knew as soon as we visited that this is where we would get married (the small bar area was our favorite as well as the sitting/sun room in the back). We got a tour so we got to see all the rooms in the Inn (there are 5) and all of the cottages. Each is amazing in it's own way. We chose to stay in the Inn and loved our room. It was spacious and had windows overlooking both the pond across the street and the grounds out back.The food is amazing! My husband and I are both foodies and that was one of the most important things in choosing a venue. We had dinner in the dining room when we first visited. I had the beef tenderloin, my husband the duck and we started with the crab cakes. Everything was amazing! For our wedding we ended up choosing the duck and beef with a crabcake appetizer and a salad. I can't even tell you how many compliments we got (about how gorgeous the grounds and the wedding was) but mostly about the food and how it was "the best wedding food I've ever had" and "the best duck/beef I've ever tasted". We had breakfast each morning (included in the room rate). I had pancakes one morning and eggs benedict the other, everything was so good. And finally what makes this place so amazing is Jim & Janet who own and run it. Honestly, they are the nicest, friendliest, and welcoming people I have ever met. The made our families feel right at home, remembering most by name. I can't recommend this place enough. The grounds are beautiful, the Inn homey, the food delicious and there's so much to do in Franconia Notch. My Husband and I can't wait to go back!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wife and I could not be happier with the services at this venue. Just quality all around, great value, and the owners jim and Janet could not be more amazing at catering to all of our needs. Incredible view of the mountains! Such a beautiful and amazing place to become husband and wife. Such memories here and we can not thank the owners enough for making this so special.

1+ year ago

Lovetts Inn is the perfect location to have an amazing wedding experience! Janet and Jim were very helpful and accommodating to our requests. Having family and friends staying on site made the entire weekend even better because we felt like we got to spend more time visiting and catching up with our guests. We filled 15 of the 18 rooms, making for a really intimate weekend. When the dinner and dancing ended we thoroughly enjoyed spending the rest of the night chatting and reminiscing with guests around the fire pit. You can't find a better meal in Franconia so the breakfasts and reception dinner were all fabulous.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I wanted to have an intimate outdoor setting for our wedding reception. We also wanted all of our guests to have a sort of mini-vacation over July 4th. Lovetts Inn turned out to be just what we were looking for as we could reserve all of the rooms for our guests for the entire long weekend. It was so perfectly relaxing and charming. From the moment we met Janet and Jim, they made us feel at home. They helped us to incorporate every special little detail (a dessert table, specific beers that my husband really likes, late night snacks for our guests, breakfast for extra guests the morning after) -- everything was flawless. Janet is such a wonderful chef -- everyone raved about her food. We heard from so many of our family and friends how special the weekend was. As a tradition, we continue to go back every summer with family and friends to see Janet and Jim and to enjoy the wonderful food and intimate setting.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I checked out a number of B and B's in this area, and we felt this would be the best place for us- it had the best view of the mountains right from the Inn. It was more secluded and beautifully landscaped. Not to mention the owners were super friendly, thoughtful, and would go above and beyond without even asking. The food was incredible, and just got catered to like kings and queens. Great value overall and would say to anyone you will have a memorable and awesome wedding if you choose this place.

4.7

We have been together as a couple for 35 years and live in Pennsylvania, a state that does not currently recognize marriage equality. After the Defense of Marriage Act was overturned by the Supreme Court in the summer of 2013 we knew that our commitment could now be recognized. We decided that while visiting family in New Hampshire in the fall we would get married, in a place that recognizes and supports marriage equality. When our family heard that we wanted a simple, intimate ceremony and a chance to celebrate with them with a good meal, they mentioned that we might want to contact Lovett's Inn, in nearby Franconia. We thank them for that recommendation. From the time of our initial contact with the innkeepers, Jim and Janet, we were reassured that we had made the right choice. With a limited period of time between our first call and the ceremony date Janet helped us plan to ensure that the celebration would be what we desired. When the weather turned grey the afternoon of our planned outdoor ceremony, they accomodated our group in one of the inn's lovely rooms and we exchanged vows in front of a fireplace surrounded by family and friends. Janet and Jim and their staff then helped us celebrate our marriage with a wonderful meal, from appetizers to dessert, that received rave reviews from our guests. If you are looking for an intimate, friendly New England setting to celebrate your special day, whether with a large or small group, we highly recommend this venue.

4.7

Lovett's Inn was the perfect location for our wedding. We were looking for a place that we could essentially rent out for an entire weekend so our bridal party and family could stay there with us the entire time. It also matched my history-loving, antique-appreciating style. It has a wonderful charm to it! Janet and Jim were also great. They were very helpful and responsive. They are pretty easy-going, which is helpful, especially if you are 'taking over' their inn for the weekend. The food is delicious and the rooms are unique and charming. Our reception was held outside, which was simple and beautiful--- the way we wanted it! Franconia is gorgeous and the area is nice and quiet-- but no worries if your party will be loud. The cabins look outdated from the outside but they are wonderful inside! We had the time of our lives and I know all of our guests did as well!!