Lombardi's on the Sound

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
4.3

We had a wonderful experience at Lombardi's on the Sound. The location is absolutely beautiful, both the building itself, the view, and the ceremony location. We were fortunate enough to have great weather the day of our wedding, and our outdoor ceremony was lovely. The ushers and maitre'd were helpful and responsive. Our wedding coordinator, Jenny, was absolutely wonderful. She was so helpful and truly did everything in her power to make us happy, to make our experience enjoyable, and to ensure that our wedding would be affordable for us. The food was amazing, and the venue was so accommodating when it came to setting up our decorations, guest books, programs, centerpieces, etc. We are so grateful for the wonderful experience we had, and for Jenny and the entire team at Lombardi's!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything was perfect for Valentine's day. The backdrop was so beautiful and even with snow it looked perfect. The food was super tasty and the staff catered to anything we asked.

James
11/08/2014

Provided a wonderful experience with exceptional food service and extremely attentive staff! Just a great job by everyone!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughter just had a lovely wedding here. We loved the cozy outside area where the ceremony was held. The food was absolutely delish with Lombardi's famous cocktail hour. Cannot get better food than this!!! Dealing with the planner was ok. Originally my daughter had a real sweetheart but then was given someone new. She was a bit curt and my daughter did not like her that much, but when we told them we were able to also call and use someone else who was wonderful. The ride there is so beautiful and then there you are!!! Just gorgeous. Also Cedar Beach is nearby and a great place to take pics also. My only little complaint is that the bridal attendant can use a little more experience. In the past we have experienced true bridal service and this one was a bit lacking. BUT - i would still recommend this place over and over again.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Our wedding reception on Sept 14th, 2014 at Lombardi's on the Sound was perfect.
The food was fantastic and the view was spectacular. We highly recommend using this venue for any occasion.

4.7

Great food, beautiful view, great service. All our guests have been raving about the food! The Viennese our is 100% worth it!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Lombardi's is a hidden gem! We stumbled upon this reception site due to a recommendation from a friend. We couldn't be happier how our wedding turned out. The staff was beyond helpful and made the evening run so smoothly. Throughout planning (long distance) the team was very flexible and responsive. The night went by so smoothly, and by the time we were ready to leave, they had packed everything up for us so it was ready to go! The value you get for your money is outstanding and the view is breathtaking. We can't wait to go back and celebrate our anniversary!

Lombardi's on the Sound responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for the kind review and for sharing your special day with us!

3.8

Had a few bumps throughout the planning process with Lombardi's. I truly believe they need to get a computer system to keep things more organized. We had changed our seating arrangements and brought new place cards to replace the old ones one week in advance ad had confirmed 3 times that the old place cards were discarded. On the day of the event before the guests arrived my mother in law had brought the list to double check- and they put out the old place cards. She had to spend the entire cocktail hour with one of the staff members to find the place cards we had asked them to use. It also took multiple calls to get answers from the event coordinator. I thought the service was amazing the day of and the food was great- but I don't think I would plan another event there.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My maitre'd and bridal attendant were amazing, I forgot their names, but they were on point ALL night. They made sure our glasses were full and always made sure we didn't need anything. The food was incredible. Cocktail hour and veinesse hour was perfect. You get your moneys worth, Lombardi's does an AMAZING job with food. Very happy with everyone i dealt with. They did such a great job.

Private User
1 Review
1+ year ago

My husband and I were married on 10/26/2013 and our reception at Lombardi's on the Sound was absolutely amazing. We have been to many events at Lombardi's catering halls and restaurants, and wanted the same quality of service for our wedding. With their delicious food, professional staff, and beautiful facility (not to mention the view!), they more than delivered. Months later, our guests are still complimenting our elaborate cocktail hour, amazing dinner selection, and elegant atmosphere, and we couldn't agree more. From start to finish, our expectations for our wedding reception were not only met but surpassed. Lombardi's on the Sound made our wedding day absolutely perfect and we highly recommend them to everyone!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Lombardi's on the Sound is an amazing venue with amazing views! They offer so much and try and accommodate any request you have. Anna is so nice and fun to work with. We had a lot of dietary issues with guests at our wedding and they went above and beyond. The food was amazing and the service top notch!!! Guests at the wedding keep calling me to say how wonderful the service was. So impressive! Only negative is that they do not use computers or email. So you have to call and play phone tag a lot. It can get a little frustrating just for a simple question!

Adrianne
08/10/2013

Amazing location and out of this world food! This is the 3rd wedding in my family to be held at one of the Lombardi locations! Would recommend any of their venues especially Lombardi's on the sound!!

Private User
2+ years ago

I had my wedding reception at Lombardis on the Sound on July 20, 2013. After planning my wedding for over two years and looking at about 15 wedding reception venus I fell in love with Lombardis on the Sound. Every single guest that attended raved about the amazing food, service, and stunning view the Lombardis on the Sound had to offer. Numerous of my family and friend have said to me that my wedding was the most elegant, beautiful and delicious even that they have ever been to in there lives. I am at the stage of my life where I have been to so many weddings and I know for a fact that my wedding has blew every single wedding that I have attended and will be attending out of the water. Lombardis on the sound made my wedding day absoutly perfect and will highly recommend them to anyone!!

Kimberly
07/04/2013

So much food! Includes open bar, buffet cocktail hour fit for a king, dinner with several choices for each guest, a waiter for each table, bridal suite for the bridal party, cake, and fireworks on the 4th of July! Ana helped us with the planning and she is wonderful. I was planning from out of state and they were so helpful over the phone. We dropped off things for them to set up a week before the wedding (name cards, guest book, etc) and everything was perfectly done. The food was amazing and we were all stuffed. The deck is beautiful and has a gorgeous view. The staff was so helpful in moving the reception along. It was a great wedding and we loved using Lombardis!

Jennifer
06/02/2012
1.2

Where to start.....first the person that we were working with was fired and we found out she had promised many things that were NOT going to happen. Examples include....our wedding cake was not going to be a "wedding" cake but an occasion sheet cake, we no longer had the bridal rooms because there was another party (this went back and forth as to whether it was another wedding or just a party). After working with the director Pat we were able to move past some of the broken promises. I arrived that day and the limo from the previous wedding was still in front of the front doors, so I could not be brought inside before my guests had lined up to get in. After having to sit there in the car feeling so out of place with people trying to get a look at me; I was finally brought in and brought to the elevator which opened at the top where ALL OUR GUESTS were!!!! Of course I started crying and felt horrible, but the thought of the amazing man I was about to marry carried me through. I had to write detailed instructions for favor placement, movement of things like palm trees from ceremony to reception dais, ....looking back I'm not sure why because NOTHING was followed. Not happy but wasn't going to wreck my day. Our maitre'd introduced herself, brought us finger foods (from the party downstairs, I'm guessing because what we wanted she didn't think was good enough) then totally disappeared!!! Our friends were getting us drinks and trying to find our maitre'd, )she was non existent) then with 10 minutes to spare a friend informed us the buffet was being closed and we had better try to get some food. We had time for cold mash potatoes and a bite or two at most. The view was beautiful and we have been told the food was great but everything else was not good. There is much more I can go on about but whats the use. I would NEVER use Lombardi's again!! IF YOU CONSIDER THEM GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING AND TAKE NOTHING ON THEIR WORD!!!!

Services Used: Catering

Great food, very organized and also professional! They made the day flow smoothly and I didn't have to worry about a thing! Can't say enough wonderful things about all aspects of Lombardi's on the Sound!