Lombardis on the Sound

Flexibility:
 (4.2/5.0)

Sort By:

Adrianne 4 Reviews
Amazing location and out of this world food! This is the 3rd wedding in my family to be held at one of the Lombardi locations! Would recommend any of their venues especially Lombardi's on the sound!!
Wedding: 08/10/2013

Private User 5 Reviews
I had my wedding reception at Lombardis on the Sound on July 20, 2013. After planning my wedding for over two years and looking at about 15 wedding reception venus I fell in love with Lombardis on the Sound. Every single guest that attended raved about the amazing food, service, and stunning view the Lombardis on the Sound had to offer. Numerous of my family and friend have said to me that my wedding was the most elegant, beautiful and delicious even that they have ever been to in there lives. I am at the stage of my life where I have been to so many weddings and I know for a fact that my wedding has blew every single wedding that I have attended and will be attending out of the water. Lombardis on the sound made my wedding day absoutly perfect and will highly recommend them to anyone!!
Wedding: Recently Married
4.9/5.0
  • Value:  4.5

Kimberly 5 Reviews
So much food! Includes open bar, buffet cocktail hour fit for a king, dinner with several choices for each guest, a waiter for each table, bridal suite for the bridal party, cake, and fireworks on the 4th of July! Ana helped us with the planning and she is wonderful. I was planning from out of state and they were so helpful over the phone. We dropped off things for them to set up a week before the wedding (name cards, guest book, etc) and everything was perfectly done. The food was amazing and we were all stuffed. The deck is beautiful and has a gorgeous view. The staff was so helpful in moving the reception along. It was a great wedding and we loved using Lombardis!
Wedding: 07/04/2013
1.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  2.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.5
  • Professionalism:  1.0
  • Value:  2.5
  • Flexibility:  0.0

Jennifer 6 Reviews
Where to start.....first the person that we were working with was fired and we found out she had promised many things that were NOT going to happen. Examples include....our wedding cake was not going to be a "wedding" cake but an occasion sheet cake, we no longer had the bridal rooms because there was another party (this went back and forth as to whether it was another wedding or just a party). After working with the director Pat we were able to move past some of the broken promises. I arrived that day and the limo from the previous wedding was still in front of the front doors, so I could not be brought inside before my guests had lined up to get in. After having to sit there in the car feeling so out of place with people trying to get a look at me; I was finally brought in and brought to the elevator which opened at the top where ALL OUR GUESTS were!!!! Of course I started crying and felt horrible, but the thought of the amazing man I was about to marry carried me through. I had to write detailed instructions for favor placement, movement of things like palm trees from ceremony to reception dais, ....looking back I'm not sure why because NOTHING was followed. Not happy but wasn't going to wreck my day. Our maitre'd introduced herself, brought us finger foods (from the party downstairs, I'm guessing because what we wanted she didn't think was good enough) then totally disappeared!!! Our friends were getting us drinks and trying to find our maitre'd, )she was non existent) then with 10 minutes to spare a friend informed us the buffet was being closed and we had better try to get some food. We had time for cold mash potatoes and a bite or two at most. The view was beautiful and we have been told the food was great but everything else was not good. There is much more I can go on about but whats the use. I would NEVER use Lombardi's again!! IF YOU CONSIDER THEM GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING AND TAKE NOTHING ON THEIR WORD!!!!
Wedding: 06/02/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Great food, very organized and also professional! They made the day flow smoothly and I didn't have to worry about a thing! Can't say enough wonderful things about all aspects of Lombardi's on the Sound!
Wedding: 05/27/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Loved Lombardi's on the Sound! Very helpful every step of the way! Food was great! Guests are still raving about how delicious everything was!
Wedding: 11/19/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Made my day very special, I didn't have to worry about a thing.
Wedding: 08/20/2011
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.0
Lombardi's on the Sound was a beautiful venue for our wedding. The food was amazing! The view was beautiful! Everything came together to make the day perfect!
Wedding: 08/06/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
loved this venue for my wedding! Food was amazing and the cocktail was unbelievable! If i had to do it over again...it still pick lombardis on the Sound!
Wedding: 04/10/2010
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Great location, wonderful food, exceptional service!
Wedding: 08/22/2009
2.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  2.0
  • Professionalism:  2.0
  • Value:  2.0
  • Flexibility:  2.0
OK, this is a review I have been waiting to write. I would NOT recommend this facility or any other Lombardi's owned venue. Although the food was fantastic, a beautiful location, and the day turned out perfect with many compliments, the aggravation leading up to our special day was so not worth it! Every step of the way was met with rule changes and lack of communication (for instance getting bills with late reminders when we were ahead of schedule on payments). They did not know who their house vendors were, they were inflexible with anything we wanted to change (we couldn't), and were arrogant to boot. They know they have a good reputation and don't really care how they treat the bride once the contract was signed because they know they have you. Cake by the way was AMAZING and provided by The Rolling Pin Bakery in Setauket--check them out! If you are looking for an attentive and friendly catering facility try Bellport Country Club instead.
Wedding: 09/01/2008
  • Flexibility:  5.0
They did a wonderful job on my wedding day. The food was out of this world and the view is breathtaking.
Wedding: 08/22/2008
3.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  2.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  2.0
  • Value:  4.0
THE CATERING HALL WAS BEAUTIFUL AND THE FOOD IS EXCELENT, BUT
THE SERVICE COULD HAVE BEEN SO MUCH BETTER. THEY REALLY DIDN'T PAY
ATTENTION TO DETAIL OR MAKE ME FEEL COMFORTABLE AS A BRIDE.
I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS HALL TO HALL TO ANYONE, NOT FOR THE PRICE
WE PAYED.
Wedding: 06/28/2008
4.5/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  3.0
AMAZING place for a wedding, it isn't cheap, but it is worth every penny!! Bridal attendant and maiter'd were so attentive and made sure everything was great and I had everything I needed!! The best food ever and amazing cocktail hour, just wish I can go to a friend's wedding there so I can actually eat at the cocktail hour!!
Wedding: 09/16/2007
4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Responsiveness:  3.5
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
The food and the view was phenomenal. I highly recommend splurging for the Venitian table and also ask for the champagne march, they both provided the "wow factor" we were looking for. Just be sure to upgrade the champagne because the house champagne is completely undrinkable. I would love to attend a wedding there so I could enjoy the full experience. It's been nearly four years since our wedding and we still hear comments that it was, "The best wedding ever."
Wedding: 08/17/2007
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Amazing food and lots of it! The cocktail hour was huge and many people said it was the best they ever had. The dinner was elegant and they also made a beautiful and delicious cake which was half canoli and half chocolate pudding. I had nbo problems. if you want a preview, got to mama lombardis in holbrook.
Wedding: 07/27/2007