Galleria at Lafayette Centre

4.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had a wonderful time and would recommend the venue. The staff was professional and very nice.

• Wedding: 08/22/2009
3.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 2.0
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

We had a September wedding at the galleria, and people are still telling us that it was the most beautiful wedding that they have ever seen---the space was gorgeous and it turned out exactly as we had hoped--however along the way there were some problems. Sylvie is the events coordinator for the galleria and at first she was very hard to deal with--we had originally dealt with a different events coordinator but she left half way through our contract and the galleria changed ownership--so what we had been told by one person ( that lighting was included) was in fact not correct ( at least not the type of lighting we had expected)...However after my mother had a frank conversation with Sylvie she became much more helpful and accommodating. Over all This was the perfect space, the service that goes along with it though is not up to par. I give the space an A , and the service a C to a C-

• Wedding: 09/20/2008
3.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 3.5

The galleria was the most unique site we found and it's so dramatic and beautiful we had to have our wedding there. They changed event planners half way through our process and the new one never called me. I only found out because i was trying to contact the old one and couldn't reach her so called them main line. The new event rep there didn't seem to really know what was going on but tried very hard to make us happy. It's a very flexible space so you can get very creative and the restrictions are minimal. Parking was an issue because they changed their policy and again, didn't notify us nor were really able to explain it. Overall I would recommend the Galleria. It's beautiful but on the night of the wedding i never saw the event rep, and if she was there she never came up to me, my parents or my planner to say hello even though she stated she would be present to monitor the event. Out of everything for my wedding i loved the galleria but was very disappointed with thier event rep. I would still recommend them but make sure you or your planner stays on top of them.

• Wedding: 05/17/2008
4.3/5.0
  • Professionalism: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Since the Galleria is an atrium of an office building, it was affordable and had decent parking. However, the woman who is the contact there was not very responsive and waited until the last minute to ask about our wedding insurance - potentially we would have had a problem getting it on short notice, so we didn't like that hold up.

• Wedding: 04/11/2008
4.2/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Gorgeous location for something different from the hotel ballroom. It was elegant and spacious. The director was friendly and professional and willing to meet with us for several walk-throughs and coordinated all building facilities without any problems. RECOMMENDED!

• Wedding: 08/26/2007
4.2/5.0
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Beautiful place to have a wedding.

• Wedding: 07/07/2007
4.7/5.0
  • Flexibility: 3.5

The Galleria at Lafayette Centre is a magnificent venue. We only used it for our reception, but it is completely doable to hold both your ceremony and reception there. The atrium is tinted so day weddings are not incredibly bright, however the whole feel of the Galleria is light and airy. We loved it there. The butterfly staircase is truly a grand entry for every bride and groom. It is very reasonably priced.

• Wedding: 06/25/2006
4.0/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

This is an atrium in an office building. The site is spacious enough to fit 300-400 people. I didn't have much contact with Donnita until closer to my wedding date which concerned me, but everything went smoothly on the wedding day. The site provides parking beneath the building, but there are 2 entrances which I didn't know at the time so it was a bit confusing so I'd recommend that you check out everything until you're comfortable with where everything is laid out.

The site provides a security guard so all you need to do is get the wedding insurance and pay for the fee. Since the ceiling is very high, it's not easy to hear everything from the opposite end of the floor so it's something to be aware of as far as seatings are concerned. Overall, it's a spectacular spot with an openness that you won't find at a typical hotel ballroom.

• Wedding: 05/20/2006
4.4/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

The Galleria @ Lafayette Center is absolutely beautiful! We held our ceremony in the main atrium and had the guests go upstairs for the cocktail hour while the caterers set up for the reception downstairs.

• Wedding: 03/25/2006
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Great location for a multicultural wedding, bridging 2 very different families. Elegant and open... great for socializing and dancing!

• Wedding: 06/11/2005
202-263-8492
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
4.2