Davids Bridal

Davids Bridal

Favorite
Norfolk, VA
757.455.8411
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

3.9
4.3
Flexibility
Leslie
11/21/2015

I went into David's for my wedding dress. I didn't have much of a set image in my mind and they were still completely accommodating. I ended up falling in love with a dress I would never have taken a second look at normally. The only downfall is that alterations are NOT included in the price of the gown.

1.2

I bought by bridesmaid dresses here, but I decided to purchase online because the service was HORRIBLE. When I arrive my attendant was still helping a previous bride, so they sent me and my bridesmaids to pick out our own dresses - that was fine, but twenty minutes later I still didn't have an attendant. So with all dresses in tow I was finally let into a dressing room. Still no attendant. Later a different lady stopped by but every time we asked for something she would disappear for way too long (like 10 minutes in a store not big enough to warrant her being gone that long for a 60 minute appointment). It was clear they were way overbooked and all the poor attendants were tired. I did not feel special here, and I doubt you will either. Although I did find a dress I liked, none of the ladies here were even remotely helpful and we hung out in a back corner doing everything ourselves. When I came out to the center of the store you'd see three our four brides vying for space in front of the mirrors. It was atrocious, those poor girls probably felt terrible not having their own space. Do not get your bridal dress here unless you absolutely cannot afford something nicer, the dresses were shoddy and the girls are overworked.

Private User
1 Review
[Private]
1.8

This place was absolutely horrible. It was the first place I went to try on wedding dresses. I was so excited and happy to be there until I started to try on dresses. The lady who "helped" me didn't even let me pick out my own dresses to try on. She pushed me into the fitting room and told me to wait in there until she came back. She came back with the most awful dresses I have ever seen but I tried them on anyway and they looked even more awful on. She kept telling me how beautiful i looked...really lady? I tried on four dresses that I hated and that I DIDNT pick out and then she told me to make another appointment to come back. I was there maybe 30 mins total and didnt even get to look at or try on any dresses I wanted to. She said she was going to get her business card. I ran out the door before I had to see her again. I will never go back to this place ever again. I almost left in tears.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Ashley was a great consultant. Between her and my matron of honor we found a dress that I normally would have never tried on but they made me try it on and I fell in love with it.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

My bridal party was dressed from Davids. The dresses were beautiful and the alterations department did a great job. The thing that really made them stand out is 2 hours before my wedding I was without a veil, I ran in and they rushed around to find a dress like mine so we could find a veil to match. I really appreciated that the lady at the front desk dropped everything and practically ran to help me find a veil. I wish I had gotten her name so I could thank her again!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I had concerns about going to David's Bridal after reading some reviews, but with only 6 days until my wedding I didn't have too many options! I had to wait a little for assistance when I arrived, but once I met with my consultant things went so smooth! I really can't say enough good things about Jill, the consultant I worked with. With only 6 days before my wedding, I knew I was asking a lot to find a dress that would fit perfect without alterations, and that I would love. The store was crazy busy, but within 45 minutes I had a beautiful dress that I can't wait to wear! She listened to my list of wants, my price range, and made it happen. I have nothing but awesome things to say about the store and Jill!

3.1

David's Bridal worked for me. I didn't find the staff particularly helpful while looking for a dress, but considering my wedding was 10 days away, I was able to buy one at a very good price off the shelf. I fell in love with another dress, but wasn't excited about the cost of tailoring and didn't trust them to have it done in time for my wedding. On a positive note, when I came back to purchase a bra, they were on point. I had a horrible experience finding a bra at 5 other stores. They were able to help me find exactly what I needed.

Private User
1+ year ago
1.5

Please keep in mind the closest store (Military Circle, Norfolk, VA) is a 3 hour round trip drive and $26 in tolls for each trip.

Trip 1: Was "sold" a veil with dress, to find out at time of pickup they do not include veils with dresses. However when purchasing the dress the sales attendant requested the veil to be tried on and that "it comes with the dress".

Trip 2: Visited store with a bridesmaid while she got fitted and purchased bras/undergarments. Also was sent with incorrect bras/undergarments in bag, found out when got home. During this visit witnessed store associate state "I will never get out of here if people don't stop calling or coming in the door".

Trip 3: Made appointment to pickup dress and to pickup flower girl dress, shoes and accessories for bridal party. Store was packed, associates were overwhelmed, I was left in store standing in heavy/big dress with no assistance. Also found out about veil not being a part of the dress mentioned in Trip 1.

Trip 4: Returned to store with dress after my mother, a professional seamstress, was starting to work on dress to find out the dress was previously altered and had stains underneath. This made us believe the dress was previously worn and/or made for someone else. Keep in mind this dress was a special order from the manufacturer at the time of order.

After the first issue on Trip 1 the Store Manager was very apologetic, offered a discount when we returned to exchange the mis-packaged bras/undergarments and also offered a discount for anything else needed for the bride or wedding party.

After the issue on Trip 2, a call was placed to the Store Manager, she didn't seem to be very concerned that we were mis-sold an item and there was nothing which could be done about it. She also claimed there is nothing they can do if the store gets full and attention can not be provided to someone who makes an appointment. (What is the purpose of making an appointment????)

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Showed up early for my appointment, manager agreed to take me early. Staff was very nice and patience. It took me three appointments to find my dress but I finally got it.

3.3

While the process of dress shopping went pretty smoothly and my consultant was friendly and genuinely seemed to want to help me, the rest of David's Bridal's service is severely lacking. Each time I needed to go in for one reason or another, it took at least five minutes or more to be helped. I often had to stand at the front counter waiting for someone to acknowledge my presence. If there were more options in my area for inexpensive dresses, I would definitely have shopped there.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Many people complain that David's Bridal is not personal, I had the exact opposite experience. I went to the David's Bridal in Norfolk and was warmly greeted by the girl at the welcome table. Jessica D. was amazing in finding dresses to match the style I was looking for and ultimately matched me with the gorgeous Vera Wang Georgette Mermaid. Karin in alterations took my dress and made it perfection..as if it was made specifically for me. She was flexible with appointments and met every expectation, going above and beyond to make me feel beautiful. It was the best experience I could have hoped for in finding the perfect dress. Thank you!!!

4.7

Customer services maybe because it was busy. missed the mark.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I went to David's Bridal because I am a plus-size woman and they offered dresses in my size.

I had a wonderful experience. My consultant was friendly and attentive, and made me feel comfortable and beautiful. We found the perfect dress(number 3 I tried on), but since I wasn't 100% sure on it, she found me 3 more beautiful dresses to try on. I was still thinking about the 3rd dress, so she encouraged me to try it on again. I did and realized it was the perfect dress.

She then brought me a veil that was exactly what I had been looking for without even having to ask me.

She also helped me pick out the perfect bridesmaids dresses during my visit.

Anonymous
2+ years ago
3.2

David's Bridal was within my price range, but they were very disorganized. I got my dress no problem, but when it came to my bridemaids dresses it was a nightmare. First of all, if you're planning a relatively last minute wedding (t-minus 3 months), do not plan on getting the bridesmaids dress of your dreams. I had to settle with a "special occasion" dress that I was unhappy with - I had an October wedding and I was scared the whole time that the bridesmaids dresses would be too summery. I eventually got over my fear and was okay with the result.

Furthermore, when the bride buys her dress from David's Bridal, all members of the bridal party are supposed to get a discount. I assumed that this would be something they would automatically know when my bridemaids (who were registered/placed on my account with the store) went in to purchase their dresses. but no, the bridesmaids had to specifically ask for the discount - some forgot, so they were overcharged. I'm not sure if David's Bridal is trying to "pull a fast one" and make a few extra bucks here, but they should definitely be more organized when it comes to details like this.

Also, whenever i came in to David's Bridal they always had to look all over the store for my dress, and ask a million associates about the whereabouts of my items. they are just very disorganized. Every time I went to this store I would spend at least an hour there, even if it was to pick something up that was paid for over the phone. So be prepared to spend a lot of time waiting around at this store.

Overall, I was provided with the things I needed for the wedding. I was happy with my dress, with the exception of some strap malfunction issues at the wedding, and there are price ranges for any budget here. Would moderately recommend this store. Maybe other locations are better/different too.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

O.k. so I found my dress at D.B on the first try. My dress chose me. I put it on and it fit like a glove and looked so exquisite. At my reception someone said. " I know they paid alot of money for it".
Well guess what I didn't. My dress made me a princess for a day.
No one expected me to look as I did. Just amazing!
I love,love love my dress and veil which matched to the tee.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I used David's Bridal Photography for my wedding on 04/20/2012. The photogrpaher himself, Jim, was AMAZING! He contacted me about 6 weeks before my wedding and spent a goopd hour and a half on the phone with me going over my vision for my wedding, pictures that meant the most to me, portraits etc. to ensure that everything went just as planned. On the day he showed up early and began immediately taking pictures. I had him for 8 hours and believe he took over 1300 photots. I am still waiting to see the images as I was told it tajkes 28 days for tehm to be prepared. My only critique of the company is that the girl in the David's store who "sold" me the package gave me some misleading information that corporate had to clear up. I feel like she was saying whatever she thought I wanted to hear in order to land the sale.