Davids Bridal
5957 Virginia Beach Blvd.
Norfolk, VA 23502

• Professionalism:  1.0
  • Value:  2.0
  • Flexibility:  2.0

Private User 1 Reviews
This place was absolutely horrible. It was the first place I went to try on wedding dresses. I was so excited and happy to be there until I started to try on dresses. The lady who "helped" me didn't even let me pick out my own dresses to try on. She pushed me into the fitting room and told me to wait in there until she came back. She came back with the most awful dresses I have ever seen but I tried them on anyway and they looked even more awful on. She kept telling me how beautiful i looked...really lady? I tried on four dresses that I hated and that I DIDNT pick out and then she told me to make another appointment to come back. I was there maybe 30 mins total and didnt even get to look at or try on any dresses I wanted to. She said she was going to get her business card. I ran out the door before I had to see her again. I will never go back to this place ever again. I almost left in tears.
Wedding: [Private]
1.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.5
  • Professionalism:  2.0
  • Value:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  2.0

Private User 4 Reviews
Please keep in mind the closest store (Military Circle, Norfolk, VA) is a 3 hour round trip drive and $26 in tolls for each trip.

Trip 1: Was "sold" a veil with dress, to find out at time of pickup they do not include veils with dresses. However when purchasing the dress the sales attendant requested the veil to be tried on and that "it comes with the dress".

Trip 2: Visited store with a bridesmaid while she got fitted and purchased bras/undergarments. Also was sent with incorrect bras/undergarments in bag, found out when got home. During this visit witnessed store associate state "I will never get out of here if people don't stop calling or coming in the door".

Trip 3: Made appointment to pickup dress and to pickup flower girl dress, shoes and accessories for bridal party. Store was packed, associates were overwhelmed, I was left in store standing in heavy/big dress with no assistance. Also found out about veil not being a part of the dress mentioned in Trip 1.

Trip 4: Returned to store with dress after my mother, a professional seamstress, was starting to work on dress to find out the dress was previously altered and had stains underneath. This made us believe the dress was previously worn and/or made for someone else. Keep in mind this dress was a special order from the manufacturer at the time of order.

After the first issue on Trip 1 the Store Manager was very apologetic, offered a discount when we returned to exchange the mis-packaged bras/undergarments and also offered a discount for anything else needed for the bride or wedding party.

After the issue on Trip 2, a call was placed to the Store Manager, she didn't seem to be very concerned that we were mis-sold an item and there was nothing which could be done about it. She also claimed there is nothing they can do if the store gets full and attention can not be provided to someone who makes an appointment. (What is the purpose of making an appointment????)

Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Showed up early for my appointment, manager agreed to take me early. Staff was very nice and patience. It took me three appointments to find my dress but I finally got it.
Wedding: 04/05/2014
3.3/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  3.0
While the process of dress shopping went pretty smoothly and my consultant was friendly and genuinely seemed to want to help me, the rest of David's Bridal's service is severely lacking. Each time I needed to go in for one reason or another, it took at least five minutes or more to be helped. I often had to stand at the front counter waiting for someone to acknowledge my presence. If there were more options in my area for inexpensive dresses, I would definitely have shopped there.
Wedding: 08/17/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Many people complain that David's Bridal is not personal, I had the exact opposite experience. I went to the David's Bridal in Norfolk and was warmly greeted by the girl at the welcome table. Jessica D. was amazing in finding dresses to match the style I was looking for and ultimately matched me with the gorgeous Vera Wang Georgette Mermaid. Karin in alterations took my dress and made it perfection..as if it was made specifically for me. She was flexible with appointments and met every expectation, going above and beyond to make me feel beautiful. It was the best experience I could have hoped for in finding the perfect dress. Thank you!!!
Wedding: 08/02/2013
4.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Customer services maybe because it was busy. missed the mark.
Wedding: 06/08/2013
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility:  4.5
I went to David's Bridal because I am a plus-size woman and they offered dresses in my size.

I had a wonderful experience. My consultant was friendly and attentive, and made me feel comfortable and beautiful. We found the perfect dress(number 3 I tried on), but since I wasn't 100% sure on it, she found me 3 more beautiful dresses to try on. I was still thinking about the 3rd dress, so she encouraged me to try it on again. I did and realized it was the perfect dress.

She then brought me a veil that was exactly what I had been looking for without even having to ask me.

She also helped me pick out the perfect bridesmaids dresses during my visit.
Wedding: 01/12/2013
3.2/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  2.5
  • Flexibility:  3.5

Anonymous 5 Reviews
David's Bridal was within my price range, but they were very disorganized. I got my dress no problem, but when it came to my bridemaids dresses it was a nightmare. First of all, if you're planning a relatively last minute wedding (t-minus 3 months), do not plan on getting the bridesmaids dress of your dreams. I had to settle with a "special occasion" dress that I was unhappy with - I had an October wedding and I was scared the whole time that the bridesmaids dresses would be too summery. I eventually got over my fear and was okay with the result.

Furthermore, when the bride buys her dress from David's Bridal, all members of the bridal party are supposed to get a discount. I assumed that this would be something they would automatically know when my bridemaids (who were registered/placed on my account with the store) went in to purchase their dresses. but no, the bridesmaids had to specifically ask for the discount - some forgot, so they were overcharged. I'm not sure if David's Bridal is trying to "pull a fast one" and make a few extra bucks here, but they should definitely be more organized when it comes to details like this.

Also, whenever i came in to David's Bridal they always had to look all over the store for my dress, and ask a million associates about the whereabouts of my items. they are just very disorganized. Every time I went to this store I would spend at least an hour there, even if it was to pick something up that was paid for over the phone. So be prepared to spend a lot of time waiting around at this store.

Overall, I was provided with the things I needed for the wedding. I was happy with my dress, with the exception of some strap malfunction issues at the wedding, and there are price ranges for any budget here. Would moderately recommend this store. Maybe other locations are better/different too.
Wedding: 2+ years ago
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility:  4.5
O.k. so I found my dress at D.B on the first try. My dress chose me. I put it on and it fit like a glove and looked so exquisite. At my reception someone said. " I know they paid alot of money for it".
Well guess what I didn't. My dress made me a princess for a day.
No one expected me to look as I did. Just amazing!
I love,love love my dress and veil which matched to the tee.
Wedding: 04/21/2012
4.5/5.0
  • Flexibility:  3.5
I used David's Bridal Photography for my wedding on 04/20/2012. The photogrpaher himself, Jim, was AMAZING! He contacted me about 6 weeks before my wedding and spent a goopd hour and a half on the phone with me going over my vision for my wedding, pictures that meant the most to me, portraits etc. to ensure that everything went just as planned. On the day he showed up early and began immediately taking pictures. I had him for 8 hours and believe he took over 1300 photots. I am still waiting to see the images as I was told it tajkes 28 days for tehm to be prepared. My only critique of the company is that the girl in the David's store who "sold" me the package gave me some misleading information that corporate had to clear up. I feel like she was saying whatever she thought I wanted to hear in order to land the sale.
Wedding: 04/20/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Tiffany helped me find my perfect Gown for my wedding. The alterations were a bit much, but that was to be expected. They were great with my bridesmaids.
Wedding: 03/31/2012
3.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.5
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  3.5
  • Value:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  4.0
I absolutely loved my dress! And it was actually pretty reasonably priced :) The staff was pretty good. I've heard some horror stories from brides that went to davids bridal, and while they may not have gone above and beyond to help, I still have no huge complaints. They sold me a dress and that's that.
Wedding: 03/17/2012
2.8/5.0
  • Professionalism:  2.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0

Rubylee 8 Reviews
I had a terrible first impression at David's Bridal. Multiple staff members were rude and uncaring my first two visits. However, my consultant was absolutely wonderful. She was not pushy and she seemed to truly care about me and my preferences; while adding a perfect balance of encouraging me to try other gown styles. After making my purchase, she recognized me and made it a point to greet me the three times I went to the store afterward.

I loved DB for the fact that there is a wonderful variety of gowns and prices, and their sales are pretty good, too. The only reason I would recommend is because of the products NOT the service.
Wedding: 02/12/2012
2.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.5
  • Responsiveness:  1.5
  • Professionalism:  1.5
  • Flexibility:  1.5
I purchased my wedding gown and bridesmaids dresses at David's Bridal. The first time I went in, the consultant was helpful but there was a lot of waiting involved with her trying to juggle other customers. Considering the amount spent for these dresses, you would expect their full attention. The second time we went back to make final purchases, it was even worse. Although you are supposed to wait for your consultant, we did it ourselves and amazingly, I ended up with a beautiful dress with little thanks to the consultant. It was the one I saw online originally. Their prices are some of the best in town, so if you can put up with inferior customer service and you know what you want, use them. If not, got elsewhere.
Wedding: 10/01/2011
4.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.5
Loved my dress and Bridesmaid dresses, I just had to have beads sewn on my dress twice before I left the store after alterations.
Wedding: 10/01/2011
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.0
Rochelle at David's Bridal provided me with amazing service! I had a few ideas of dresses I wanted, she brought all to me (found them on David's Bridal website). She also suggested other dresses she thought would fit me. In the end I chose one I didn't even think of, and it was PERFECT!
Wedding: 09/01/2011
 757-455-8411
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire