Cake Dots Wedding Cakes
Best of the Knot for 2007-2009 plus the 2009-2013 WeddingWire Brides Choice Award
4392 Santa Michele Court

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

Private User 2 Reviews
I am thoroughly pleased and happy that we chose Ms. Dottie and Cake Dots to do our beautiful wedding cake! From the taste, to the design and from the pleasantries and professionalism, I would highly recommend her services to anyone who is looking for a premiere, quality baker. I feel as if she took a personal interest and was willing to accommodate all requests that we had for our cake. We will definitely work with her again in the future!!!
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Wedding cake isn't suppose to taste that good. I saw it and thought "oh no that's too big" but sure enough It tasted so good there wasn't much as far as left overs... and what was is already gone just 3 days later. I knew it would be pretty but it tasted so good I can't believe it.
Wedding: 01/26/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I looked everywhere for a bakery that would make a Guinness chocolate wedding cake and not a single baker would risk making a cake that was not in their normal repertoire. Then I found Cake Dots. The cake was delivered on time, it was beautiful and it tasted fantastic. I didn't want a princess cake; it was made with beer, after all, and Dot did a wonderful job making it elegant but still staying true to fact that it was a dark beer cake. Thank you Cake Dots.
Wedding: 09/28/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The wedding cake was beautiful and it was everything that our daughter asked for - very natural and nothing fancy. The messy buttercream icing was spot on and the cake was truly delicious. The chocolate with peanut butter filling was everything as promised. Tad did an exception job as well putting all the finishing touches on the cake at the reception - We can not wait to see the photo of the cake appear on your web site! Dot was such a joy to work with and Tad delivered everything in perfect condition. We would recommend Cake Dots to any bride. Thanks...
Wedding: 09/28/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Delicious creativity! I told her what I wanted and that's what I received. Our guests thought the cake was cute and LOVED how it tasted!
She is kind and fun to work with.
Wedding: 06/01/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The cake was delicious and beautiful! I definitely recommend the snickerdoodle.
Wedding: 04/27/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We contacted Cake Dots to do both the kid's wedding cake and the rehearsal. Both came out perfect. Wedding cakes was a 5 layer cake serving 200 people. Many of our guests commented how great the cake looked and tasted!!

As both of the bride and groom were alumni of the Ohio State Marching Band, the rehearsal cake was a Script Ohio stadium cake. Came out perfect!!

Thanks to Cake Dots for making the wedding and rehearsal a big success
Wedding: 10/14/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The cake was absolutely fabulous. Moist and delicious, truly the best wedding cake ever! Instead of having a lingering shortening after-taste like every other "professional" cake I've ever had, the cake had rich, creamy, home-made buttercream frosting. No shortening taste anywhere to be found. Dot herself was a pleasure to deal with, professional and friendly. More than willing to take on the task. I had called another baker for my cake, and set up an appointment, but the baker hadn't seemed too anxious on the phone to bake my cake, and the more I thought about it, the less I liked the idea of going to that particular baker. So, back on the internet I went to look up Cakedots' phone number, for I had browsed the site before deciding. I'm embarassed to say that it was my second choice, when it should have been my absolute top pick. If you need a cake of any sort, Cakedots should be it. They do an absolutely amazing job. I promise, you will NOT be disappointed!!
Wedding: 09/15/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our cake was absolutely beautiful and delicious! I would recommend them to anyone!
Wedding: 06/02/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I am the mother of the bride. When we went to visit Cake Dots, she was so sweet and helpful. When my daughter described the cake she wanted, Dottie asked questions until she felt like she understood, and then sketched the cake - it was perfect! When everyone came to the reception, everybody was amazed at how beautiful the cake turned out. It was absolutely gorgeous, and it tasted even better! I cannot say enough good things about it. If I could give her a 10, I would! Thank you, Cake Dots - you made my daughter and son-in-law very happy on their special day!
Wedding: 03/30/2012
4.9/5.0
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
They were willing to try and make a flavor for me that they had never done before, which was wonderful, but even better it tasted amazing, everyone LOVED it! We had a pumpkin spice cake, she had regular spice cake on her menu of flavors, but nothing with pumpkin, so we asked if she cold use all natural pumpkin and she was very receptive to it. It was truly a pleasure to work with this home-based baker.
Wedding: 10/22/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Here is THE premier Ohio cake designer and decorator, in my estimation. Dottie dreamed up a gorgeous chocolate cake with white icing and a gorgeous cascade of handmade fondant (most edible) autumn leaves. The cake was beautiful, gorgeous and very tasty. We saved the top tier for our first anniversary celebration and it's nestled in our freezer, per Dottie's directions. She thought of Every Thing. We thank her and you will too! Just check our her website. Oh, she did a beautiful, scrumptious lemon flat cake (also w/leaves) for our rehearsal dinner. Yum! We all just devoured it! I forgot to mention the handmade fondant sea shells...we ate them too, from both cakes...Wow! She's a 6 out of 5!!
Wedding: 10/15/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I am a Mother of a Groom. We used Cake Dots for our local reception, as the actual wedding and reception were in Arizona, and we wanted to provide a celebration for our people, here. I found Dottie to be friendly, very easy to work with and attentive to detail. Purple is a difficult color, and she executed it quite well. I got raves about the flavor of the icing and the moistness of the cake. It really put the "big cake" in AZ to shame. (Sorry, kids.) Be happy about her phone restrictions, as this cake was fresh and yummy and the actual wedding cake in AZ was almost crisp!! I will use Cake Dots again if the need arises.
Wedding: 10/08/2011
3.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Value:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  4.5
The cake tasted wonderful! But the design of it was nothing that I wanted. I gave her my only picture of the cake I wanted, and it was nothing like it. I wanted flowers trailing down the side, and messy buttercream icing. The icing was smoothed out, and she did some little bubble thing around each layer? And there were like 4 flowers on it. I provided at least a dozen flowers for her.. She picks up if you call between her hours, but she doesn't have any voice mail or email.. She was very felxible when I called 3 weeks before the wedding and ordered 7 dozen cupcakes, which turned out awesome. When her husband delivered the cakes to the site, he was very rude and short with my groom... For her being one of the top rated, I expected for her to be in a bakery, but she works out of her trailor, which contains 2 long haired cats that jump up on the tables and stuff.. we didn't find any cat hair in our cake tho. :) She's expensive, but it did taste great! Hope this helps.
Cake Dots Wedding Cakes responded with the following comments:
Cake Dots feel there are MANY untruths in the above review and have added our comments to dispute them.
MEGAN'S COMMENT: I gave her my only picture of the cake I wanted, and it was nothing like it. I wanted flowers trailing down the side, and messy buttercream icing.
CAKE DOTS REPLY: Megan gave me a picture of a roughly-iced cake and that is exactly what we did. We are Cake Dots and not the cake artist that did the original cake for the picture. Also, cakes that are professionally photographed are usually fake cakes and can be touched up for photography purposes or “photo shopped” for the magazine or whatever, just like they do with models. We posted the biggest enlargement we could so you can see that it has not been smoothed. She wanted roughly iced and we did roughly iced. At no time did she mention she wanted MESSY. We are a touch angry and hurt. We pride ourselves on making good tasting and do our best to please the bride. We also pride ourselves on making cakes that look home-grown and done by real people who care.

MEGAN'S COMMENT: she did some little bubble thing around each layer
CAKE DOTS REPLY: Regarding the comment about that “little bubble thing” around the bottom of each tier, it is called a border and it is to hide the cake boards; for the past four, five or even more years, we have used that “little bubble thing” on just about every cake--wedding and otherwise. In fact, while Megan was here for the consult, she was sitting at the only table in this house, right beside a cake dummy with "that bubble thing."

MEGAN'S COMMENT: And there were like 4 flowers on it. I provided at least a dozenflowers for her..
CAKE DOTS REPLY: If you will notice in the picture on Cakedot.com, cake #781, there are certainly more than four flowers on it with some being on the other side since the cake was in the center of the room. There are four tiers and if Megan only had a dozen flowers, that would be only three flowers per tier and they would have to be lined up in a row, which would look strange. We use every flower unless the bride says not to or for us to use our judgment. In that case, we leave all leftover flowers for the bride. After setting up the cake and the flower placement etc., Tad got the approval of Megan’s cake by the person in charge (he didn't get her name but assumed it was the MOB) and they loved it.

MEGAN'S COMMENT: She picks up if you call between her hours, but she doesn't have any voice mail or email..
CAKE DOTS REPLY: Yes, like all businesses, we do pick up during our telephone hours and all telephone hours are posted on each and every page of our website (unless we accidentally overlooked a page), along with a statement regarding leaving a message on the answering machine.

There are only two people working at Cake Dots answering the phone, making appointments, baking, decorating etc. and that is why we had to set a limit for telephone hours and number of cakes we can do per week. We need time to work—we do not take breaks and we do not take lunch. Wow, would you believe we have to defend our telephone hours etc.?

Megan mentions that we do not have voice mail or email—WRONG. Good grief!! What is Megan talking about? She should read or at least look at a couple of website pages before making untrue comments like that. Or call after closing hours and listen to our message and leave your message. Everywhere on Cake Dots website there is our telephone number along with a statement plastered under the phone number stating that if we cannot pick up, please leave a message on the answering machine; is that not voice mail? Correct me if I am wrong. Again, why is she posting things that are not true? Is she trying to make her post more "sensational?" Why is she implying all sorts of things? We may be slow at times in returning calls but we could do worse . . .

Cake Dot does not, however, have an email listed and we only give out the email address when requested, otherwise we would get absolutely nothing done except trying to find legitimate emails among tons of spam.

MEGAN'S COMMENTS: When her husband delivered the cakes to the site, he was very rude and short with my groom...
CAKE DOTS REPLY: First of all, that is my son and I asked Tad about being rude to the groom; Tad was totally shocked when he heard this. Tad said that he and the groom were joking around while Tad was setting up and putting out the cupcakes and thought he and the groom were having a good time. Again, why is Megan trying to hurt us with implying this and that?

MEGAN'S COMMENTS: I expected for her to be in a bakery, but she works out of her trailor
CAKE DOTS REPLY: Now this is really personal. Megan is trying to belittle me regarding where I live and also trying to belittle me because I bake out of my home, as do MANY of the bakers around the Columbus area. She says she thought we were a bakery and Cakes Dots mentions 15 million times on the website (including the Map and Direction's pages which Megan had to print out or at least read to get to the consult) that we bake from my home and that my home is in Enchanted Acres, an adult mobile home community.

If everyone must know, my “trailer” (Megan's spelling) is actually an 1800 square foot modular home (see pictures on Cake Dots website) which has real honest-to-goodness walls, a living and dining room, a huge kitchen with an enormous island, three bedrooms and two full baths PLUS a utility/laundry room. We also have indoor plumbing!!! My home is a high-end modular home and not a tin-can like Megan is trying to imply. Wow. One more thing, we also have a huge porch with actual honest-to-goodness porch furniture and not an old sofa. Geesh.

MEGAN'S COMMENTS: which contains 2 long haired cats that jump up on the tables and stuff.. we didn't find any cat hair in our cake tho.
CAKE DOTS REPLY: Regarding the two long-haired cats: Sally and Emily have NEVER EVER been on the counters or table in this house--EVER!!!. Sally is allowed to jump up on the washer and dryer in the UTILITY ROOM--period--which is NOT the kitchen, because that is where we feed her. Emily is over 20 years old and is fed on the floor; she is barely able to walk and is barely able to get in a standing position from the floor let alone jump up on anything. Speaking of them jumping on the table, we only have one table in this house and that is where Megan sat during the consultation, so how could either cat jump upon it. Megan knew she was lying when she wrote the reviews. I am so hurt! Why is she trying to make her review so sensational and hurt me?

I talked to an attorney 9-27 or 9-28-11 and am now trying to decide what to do about this review, the outright lies and the insinuations. Giving a rating about the cake is far different than personally attacking me, my business, Tad and lying about my cats jumping up on the table etc. Not a nice thing to do. I love all my brides except this one. We cannot understand how a person would have nerve to make up lies to post on the internet for the world to see. At least I, and all my previous brides, know what is true and what is untrue I know who Megan is even though she posted the comments anomalously (under a screen name). If anyone would like references, please call. We will give you as many references as you would like.
Wedding: 09/17/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!!!! Cake was awesome, delicious, reasonable and I'm going to have her make me another one for Thanksgiving! She was very professional, excited and well organized!
Wedding: 09/17/2011
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our cake was amazing! It was beautiful and delicious. We had chocolate with chocolate ganache (botton layer) and white with strawberry filling (middle layer). We got so many compliments on the taste and look of the cake. We couldn't have been happier with it!
Wedding: 08/20/2011
 614-491-9663
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire