1137 McNeil Drive, Blacklick, OH 43004 Map · Phone number
  • Deals 1

About Home Run Cakes, LLC

No HFCS or hydrogenated oil, and delivery is free in Metro Columbus area.

*****

They put WHAT in the cake? Crisco? ALUMINUM???

Not my cakes.

All my cakes are made from scratch, and that includes not just the cakes themselves but also the buttercreme frosting and the fondant. I don't use any high fructose corn syrup or hydrogenated oil (Crisco) in my home. I buy locally-produced ingredients when possible, including eggs from cage-free chickens who live on a nearby farm. They taste SO much better because the chickens are free to roam -- and the eggs I buy haven't been sitting in cold storage for weeks!

And the frosting you get from jars or from the local grocery? That's not buttercreme. It's shortening-creme. That sickening sweet, leaves a slimy aftertaste in your mouth frosting is made from hydrogenated shortening -- not butter. It's typically all shortening with artificial, clear butter flavor added. My buttercreme is just that -- BUTTER creme. Creamy and delicious, and made with all real butter. My fondant is also all homemade with real ingredients. (And actually TASTES good too! Really!)

Once you taste REAL cake made with real food, you won't want one of those chemical cakes again. I'd love to help you design a cake for your upcoming wedding or special event that will be as delicious as it is beautiful.

Follow Home Run Cakes, LLC on

110712weddingworkshop015
cakes092912034
052612burkert010
Home Run Cakes, LLC
5 tier wedding cake, all buttercreme with quilting and pearl detailing.
5 tier wedding cake, all buttercreme with quilting and pearl detailing.
cakes071412037
cakes071412036
Home Run Cakes, LLC
Multi-shaped cake with royal icing piping.
Multi-shaped cake with royal icing piping.
070812GausWedding004
Home Run Cakes, LLC
Hand-painted grass themed wedding cake, with royal icing scrollwork and french dotting.
060912TaylorWedding1
Tree cake with red leaves and black branches
Tree cake with red leaves and black branches
Wedding cupcake tower on square stand, with centerpiece cake. Design based on the bride's amazingly...
061612SwartzenWedding005
Home Run Cakes, LLC
Three tier wedding cake, half chocolate silk and half french vanilla, with buttercreme frosting and...
Three tier square cake with two side satellite cakes. Half french vanilla with wild berry creme...
Rustic barn wedding
Rustic barn wedding
CopyofIMG9616
IMG0438
Home Run Cakes, LLC
Tower of cupcakes, various flavors. All decked out in black, pink, and green.
Tower of cupcakes, various flavors. All decked out in black, pink, and green.
IMG9563
IMG9493
IMG9164
IMG0466
040712Wolfwedding
Home Run Cakes, LLC
Twisted squares with fondant draping and red roses!
Twisted squares with fondant draping and red roses!
051912cakesHanWedding
10675514101527491445741508755739976899308511n
090812040

23 Reviews for Home Run Cakes, LLC

• User3723706 · event on: 04/07/2013

Debby's work is always 100% impressive. We have been using her for all our cakes (and cupcakes!) since at least 2010. When it came to deciding who would make the cakes for my wedding and related events, all I had to do was give Debby the list of dates - there was no question in my mind! Reliable, consistent, imaginative, and delicious every single time.

Debby is an absolute joy to work with. My family has ordered cakes from her for several years now, and they've only gotten more beautiful and delicious over time. The artistry and attention to detail are top-notch, and she can make seemingly ANY flavor happen! I spent a VERY long time coming up with the concept for our wedding cake. Debby took my ideas and vision and brought them to life - it was better than I had imagined it. People talked about our cake for days! I would highly recommend taking a look at her work on her website or Facebook page - it speaks for itself.

Amy · Married on 08/30/2013

Stunning, beautiful, delicious, unique....these were just some of the things that our guests had to say about our amazing cake. Debby was our favorite wedding vendor and hit the ball out of the park on our cake. WE LOVED IT!!!! She kept buttercreme from melting on a hot August night in the Palm House of Franklin Park Conservatory--not an easy task. She always supported our choice for our favorite (buttercreme) but she taught us that homemade fondant made right is delicious too. Everything is made from scratch from natural ingredients and you can taste the difference.

Besides the delicious, beautiful cake, Debby became a friend, not just a vendor. She was always open to new ideas, quick to answer emails, and passionate about her work. She was genuinely happy to be a part of our day and went above and beyond to make our cake the statement piece of the reception. We can't wait to work with her again!!!!

Home Run Cakes, LLC FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding cakes with buttercream frosting (per slice, without tax)? $ 3.00
  • What is the starting price for fondant wedding cakes (per slice, without tax)? $ 4.00
  • What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)? $ 3.00
  • What types of desserts do you provide? Cake Pops, Cakes, Cupcakes, Groom's Cake
  • What cake items do you provide? Cake Stands
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate? Gluten Free
  • What special ingredients do you use? Fresh Fruit, Local, Organic
  • Are you licensed by the state health department? Yes

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Home Run Cakes, LLC 1
    Free Premium Flavor (Filling or Cake) Upgrade!
    Mention that you found me on WeddingWire, and I'll provide a free premium filling or cake flavor upgrade, up to 25 servings. (Additional servings can be added for marginal cost.) Visit my website at http://www.homeruncakes.com to explore all the premium flavor options. No jello pudding packs, flavor bottles, or other artificial ingredients are used to make my "premium" flavors -- just REAL food! Only one offer per customer, new clients only. Thank you!

• Pauline's Kitchen
    Pauline's Kitchen Wedding Cakes

An amazing lady and a wonderful mentor! Love her cakes and the the love she puts into them!

• 1137 McNeil Drive Blacklick, 43004 See on map