Cake Dots Wedding Cakes

Cake Dots Wedding Cakes

Favorite
Columbus, OH
614.491.9663
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Dottie made the best tasting, most beautiful cake I could never have imagined in my best wedding fantasy. Her cake truly made my wedding day perfect!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Cake dots did such a great job. We wanted a simple, elegant cake and that is what we got. Plus and most importantly it was amazing!!! It tasted good that night and two months later after being frozen! I really recommend her.

Profile Picture
Private User
1+ year ago

I am thoroughly pleased and happy that we chose Ms. Dottie and Cake Dots to do our beautiful wedding cake! From the taste, to the design and from the pleasantries and professionalism, I would highly recommend her services to anyone who is looking for a premiere, quality baker. I feel as if she took a personal interest and was willing to accommodate all requests that we had for our cake. We will definitely work with her again in the future!!!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Wedding cake isn't suppose to taste that good. I saw it and thought "oh no that's too big" but sure enough It tasted so good there wasn't much as far as left overs... and what was is already gone just 3 days later. I knew it would be pretty but it tasted so good I can't believe it.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I looked everywhere for a bakery that would make a Guinness chocolate wedding cake and not a single baker would risk making a cake that was not in their normal repertoire. Then I found Cake Dots. The cake was delivered on time, it was beautiful and it tasted fantastic. I didn't want a princess cake; it was made with beer, after all, and Dot did a wonderful job making it elegant but still staying true to fact that it was a dark beer cake. Thank you Cake Dots.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

The wedding cake was beautiful and it was everything that our daughter asked for - very natural and nothing fancy. The messy buttercream icing was spot on and the cake was truly delicious. The chocolate with peanut butter filling was everything as promised. Tad did an exception job as well putting all the finishing touches on the cake at the reception - We can not wait to see the photo of the cake appear on your web site! Dot was such a joy to work with and Tad delivered everything in perfect condition. We would recommend Cake Dots to any bride. Thanks...

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Delicious creativity! I told her what I wanted and that's what I received. Our guests thought the cake was cute and LOVED how it tasted!
She is kind and fun to work with.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

The cake was delicious and beautiful! I definitely recommend the snickerdoodle.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We contacted Cake Dots to do both the kid's wedding cake and the rehearsal. Both came out perfect. Wedding cakes was a 5 layer cake serving 200 people. Many of our guests commented how great the cake looked and tasted!!

As both of the bride and groom were alumni of the Ohio State Marching Band, the rehearsal cake was a Script Ohio stadium cake. Came out perfect!!

Thanks to Cake Dots for making the wedding and rehearsal a big success

Services Used: Wedding Cake

The cake was absolutely fabulous. Moist and delicious, truly the best wedding cake ever! Instead of having a lingering shortening after-taste like every other "professional" cake I've ever had, the cake had rich, creamy, home-made buttercream frosting. No shortening taste anywhere to be found. Dot herself was a pleasure to deal with, professional and friendly. More than willing to take on the task. I had called another baker for my cake, and set up an appointment, but the baker hadn't seemed too anxious on the phone to bake my cake, and the more I thought about it, the less I liked the idea of going to that particular baker. So, back on the internet I went to look up Cakedots' phone number, for I had browsed the site before deciding. I'm embarassed to say that it was my second choice, when it should have been my absolute top pick. If you need a cake of any sort, Cakedots should be it. They do an absolutely amazing job. I promise, you will NOT be disappointed!!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Our cake was absolutely beautiful and delicious! I would recommend them to anyone!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I should never have taken so long to write this review, but I was talking to someone about my wedding the other day and remembering how wonderful the day was, and a big part of that was the cake Dot made for us. Our wedding had a tree theme, and we went to Dot with a description of what we wanted, We never went to another tasting anywhere else, Dots was the only one, and we knew instantly she was the right baker. Her cakes are incredibly good. We gave her our description and our precious vintage topper, and she completely surpassed every idea we had of what it would be. I wish I could post a picture here...it was sky blue, with an oak tree overlaid with fondant leaves and acorns, just like we wanted, with our little topper bride and groom set in front instead of on top, like the were dancing under the branches. It makes me tear up thinking about it, because it has special meaning for us. Dot, thank you for doing such an amazing job. We will never forget how sweet you were to us, and whenever we need a cake in the future, or know someone who does, we will always use and recommend you!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I am the mother of the bride. When we went to visit Cake Dots, she was so sweet and helpful. When my daughter described the cake she wanted, Dottie asked questions until she felt like she understood, and then sketched the cake - it was perfect! When everyone came to the reception, everybody was amazed at how beautiful the cake turned out. It was absolutely gorgeous, and it tasted even better! I cannot say enough good things about it. If I could give her a 10, I would! Thank you, Cake Dots - you made my daughter and son-in-law very happy on their special day!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

They were willing to try and make a flavor for me that they had never done before, which was wonderful, but even better it tasted amazing, everyone LOVED it! We had a pumpkin spice cake, she had regular spice cake on her menu of flavors, but nothing with pumpkin, so we asked if she cold use all natural pumpkin and she was very receptive to it. It was truly a pleasure to work with this home-based baker.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Here is THE premier Ohio cake designer and decorator, in my estimation. Dottie dreamed up a gorgeous chocolate cake with white icing and a gorgeous cascade of handmade fondant (most edible) autumn leaves. The cake was beautiful, gorgeous and very tasty. We saved the top tier for our first anniversary celebration and it's nestled in our freezer, per Dottie's directions. She thought of Every Thing. We thank her and you will too! Just check our her website. Oh, she did a beautiful, scrumptious lemon flat cake (also w/leaves) for our rehearsal dinner. Yum! We all just devoured it! I forgot to mention the handmade fondant sea shells...we ate them too, from both cakes...Wow! She's a 6 out of 5!!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I am a Mother of a Groom. We used Cake Dots for our local reception, as the actual wedding and reception were in Arizona, and we wanted to provide a celebration for our people, here. I found Dottie to be friendly, very easy to work with and attentive to detail. Purple is a difficult color, and she executed it quite well. I got raves about the flavor of the icing and the moistness of the cake. It really put the "big cake" in AZ to shame. (Sorry, kids.) Be happy about her phone restrictions, as this cake was fresh and yummy and the actual wedding cake in AZ was almost crisp!! I will use Cake Dots again if the need arises.