Brides of Florida

Brides of Florida

Miami, FL
305.273.5794
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
4.3
Value
Flexibility
0.0

I ordered my dress in May 20104. The ordering process was smooth and I was guaranteed a dress for my wedding in April 2015. When the order was placed, I asked how far in advance I should start the fittings and they said between January and February it will be fine. I made an appointment to do my first fitting (I am the bride) on January 27th. I was called that afternoon to reschedule my fitting for January 30th because they were very "busy" and had a lot of fittings that day. Mind you Tuesdays are the only days they are there late and they only do fitting on the weekdays. On Friday, I was called in the afternoon and told that I will need to come the following week because the dress they have was not in the color that I ordered. They wanted to do the fitting on the dress that was no in the right color and they would then change the pin markings to MY dress. How can you do a fitting on another dress and change the pins after? Doesn't make sense... After much back and forth, we agreed that MY dress would be in the store on February 3rd. I arrived to the store on February 3rd and was shown my dress. I had specifically ordered the dress with a zipper. The dress came with straps in the back instead of a zipper. They told me that I did not order the dress with a zipper. Mind you when the order was brought out it clearly stated "Zipper with buttons." The staff at this place was not very understanding and was telling me that they could change the dress from straps to a zipper. If I ordered the dress WITH zipper, I expect to receive the dress WITH a zipper. We asked multiple times to have them call the owner Macky and they kept telling us that "she doesn't answer." After multiple disagreements at the store with the store personnel, the owner "called" back (perfect timing right?). I spoke to the owner and we agreed that on February 4th, the dress will arrive with the zipper. on February 4th, the owner called me and told me that the dress will be coming in but my mother is not

Recently Married

I had gone to 3 other stores in search of my dress before I got to Brides of Florida and every where else I went I felt that I was being pushed to buy dresses that I wasn't in love with who's prices were way over my budget although they had asked for my budget before hand. I called Brides of Florida and was able to be seen the same day without having to wait for an appointment. As I came in to the store I was asked my budget and date of my wedding and I was able to find my dream dress under my budget with the awesome help of maggie and her team.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Bought my dress back in July after looking for non strapless dresses everywhere!!! they're selection by FAR is the best I've seen.. Bought my Bill Levkoff bridesmaids and all the girls love them and the best part was finding my mom a dress WITH SLEEVES off the rack!!! Thank you Nilvia for your help so much!! you guys rock!!!!!!

1 Review
0.7

Do yourself a favor... STAY AWAY FROM THIS VENDOR. They are poor quality and pricey. Bridesmaid dresses and brides gown were ordered from this vendor and there were so many things that went wrong working with these people! Bridesmaids dresses didn't arrive until 2 weeks to the wedding even though they had been ordered way in advance. The alterations were HIDEOUS. They took $200+ dresses and made them look like garbage. The bridesmaids dresses were warped and altered in a way that all the ladies were complaining and needed to bring backup dresses in case they ripped. The alterations made along the bottom of the dresses looked like a school aged child had cut it and glued it back together. Bridesmaids were constantly asked to make and keep appointments due to various return visits due to poor alteration skills. ARE YOU KIDDING? Hire some staff to keep up with your business... And change the alterations department if you would like to stay open Brides of Florida. When it came time to bustle the gown it seemed to be missing the necessary buttons and clips to make it possible. How do you run a bridal store and not think to ensure bustling is discussed at the last last fitting? Bustling is the last thing on a brides mind just before the big day and I think a vendor like this should know better than to not demonstrate or provide the necessary buttons on the dress to do this. JUST A BAD EXPERIENCE.

Paola Asensio
2.0

Brides of Florida offers a beautiful selection of dresses, guarantees lower rates with "fixed price alterations," and does not come through on their promises. To make a long story short. I had to go in for six fittings (although they only wanted to do 3) to have my dress taken in correctly. They promised a rented ivory sash and gave me the used one from the store. They promised a custom made veil to match my dress which was never made. Lied about the rented veil having a metal comb (when it had a plastic comb instead-as I had remembered). However, since I was far I could not check and my hairdresser 2 weeks before the wedding said NO PLASTIC COMB for my hair. I was lucky to purchase a decent veil at David's bridal two days before my wedding and the rented veil even had holes in it! The clasp on the back of my dress also broke on wedding day (mind you, I am 5'4" at 140 lbs and not overweight at all) and during the reception, my bustle came undone three times. Thankfully, I had purchased a flattering Macy's white long lace dress as my reception dress. However, this vendor provided poor quality service. FUTURE BRIDES BEWARE! Spend the extra money for good service, good alterations, less headache, and to ensure that you will have an INTACT DRESS FOR YOUR WEDDING DAY!

3.8

I had a great first experience with this store. I went in during the Maggie sotero trunk show and received 10% off a beautiful dress and $200 towards the purchase of accessories. I came in for my first fitting and everything was fine. On my second fitting, they had forgotten to add a belt to the dress and were trying to give me a belt I did not purchase. They would only let me use the $200 credit they had promised on certain items even though I had already purchased a belt from them. They would not refund any of the money to get me the rest of my credit so I was only able to use half of it. Over all they were nice and helpful but the issue with the credit turned me off to the store.

Maeileen
01/24/2015

I have to admit, I have mixed feelings about Brides of Florida. The dress I got was amazing and the staff was always super friendly and helpful. My only issues were 1. every time you go, they are overbooked. When I went with my bridesmaids to try on dresses, there were 3 other brides trying dresses (all in the same small space) so there is no privacy and it was hard to enjoy the dress shopping process (also very hot since the place was packed with people) and 2. I did not want a veil and the lady kept trying to push a veil on me like a hundred times and stuck one on my head every time I went even though I said I was not wearing a veil. That said, my alterations came back perfectly and beautifully and we even had trouble finding the loops to put up my train and they came outside to the hotel I was at (across the street) to help us get it up and tightened my dress.

Recently Married

Thank you to Maky and her team! I know it was a crazyyyyy time for you all 12/13/14 lol but you made it all happen! I only wish I could wear it again, just need to find an occasion to wear it again lol

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Loved my dress! The staff was extremely accommodating and they were determined to make my special day everything that I dreamed of.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Amazing service and dresses! I had already tried about 15 plus dresses somewhere else and I was a bit disappointed at the experience but when I walked into this place.... I felt like a princess getting ready to become a queen! Thank you so much for helping me look for the right dress!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Brides of Florida has an immense selection of Bridal Gowns! My dress was a Maggie Sottero and it was beautiful, I received sooo many compliments on my dress from my guests, and the Groom absolutely loved it as well. Everyone at Brides of Florida was great to work with, and they helped me select a dress that complimented my body! I would recommend them to any Bride!!!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Thank you Mackie for helping me find my dream dress. I went to Brides of Florida, as recommended by my planner who swore that I would certainly find my dress there. I was very skeptical and decided to make my very first appointment to begin my wedding dress search. I of course never thought I would find anything on the first try. I met with Mackie, who was positive, well knowledgeable, professional, and extremely helpful. I showed her a few styles that had elements of what I was searching for and gave her my budget. She immediately found several gorgeous gowns for me to try. When I found my dress, just based on her reaction and mine, I knew when I had found the one. Within 30 minutes of walking into the store I was signing the contract for my gown. During the next subsequent months , I was maid of honor for my best friend's wedding and went to several high end bridal boutiques to assist her in finding her gown. Honestly, I felt after seeing dozens of gowns at various stores, the level of professionalism, selection, and value paled in comparison to the experience I had at Brides of florida. I am in love with my dress, and am in awe reflecting on how beautifully it photographed. I would make the same choice all over again. I have referred 3 friends , who also found their dresses at Brides of Florida with Mackie. They are thankful and share the same praise for her. Thank you Mackie, you guys are awesome!!!

Recently Married

I'm having a destination wedding in Miami. I purchased a Maggie Sottero gown someplace else and three months before the wedding decided that I also wanted the sleeves from the dress. Well the place I got the dress from as well as many other places across the Unites States did not carry the sleeves at their stores and told me that I wouldn't get the sleeves until after the wedding if I ordered them. This place was a life saver as it was the only store that was able to place the order for the sleeves and get them delivered on time just before the wedding. Highly recommend this place. If I would have know about this place earlier, I would have ordered my dress from them as well. Thank you Macarena for getting the sleeves on time.

Recently Married

Dress was beautiful and reasonably priced. I did have to wait awhile each time I came in even though I had an appointment. But staff was friendly and helpful

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I have nothing but great things to say about Brides of Florida! Several of my friends and my sister purchased their wedding dress here. My mom bought her dress to my sister's wedding here as well. Everyone is very friendly and professional. They have a wonderful selection of styles and I luckily found exactly what I was looking for. If you're looking for your wedding dress, go to Brides of Florida!

I have had two dress fittings and was pleased with how attentive the staff was! They truly care about making the experience as wonderful as possible! Their prices are also extremely reasonable. I have recommended several of my friends here, who have also had great experiences and found their wedding dress.

Kathy
08/16/2014

The dress selection was great and they have competitive prices for the same brands and gowns available elsewhere in the area. They were very friendly and professional every time I visited the store. The dress and alterations were perfect until I picked up my dress. Dress arrived when they said it would, was gorgeous, perfectly steamed and alterations were done very well. My only issue for not rating them a solid 5.0 is that they added in boning after my final fitting when told not to which made the dress too small the day of my wedding. The dress barely fit and was definitely not perfect like it was less than a week before when the alterations had already "been finalized." They are great and I would buy from them again, just make sure to try on the dress before walking out with it in case anything was done after "nothing further needed to be done."