Brides of Florida

Flexibility:
 (4.6/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
I have nothing but great things to say about Brides of Florida! Several of my friends and my sister purchased their wedding dress here. My mom bought her dress to my sister's wedding here as well. Everyone is very friendly and professional. They have a wonderful selection of styles and I luckily found exactly what I was looking for. If you're looking for your wedding dress, go to Brides of Florida!

I have had two dress fittings and was pleased with how attentive the staff was! They truly care about making the experience as wonderful as possible! Their prices are also extremely reasonable. I have recommended several of my friends here, who have also had great experiences and found their wedding dress.
Wedding: 09/20/2014
4.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.5

Kathy 5 Reviews
The dress selection was great and they have competitive prices for the same brands and gowns available elsewhere in the area. They were very friendly and professional every time I visited the store. The dress and alterations were perfect until I picked up my dress. Dress arrived when they said it would, was gorgeous, perfectly steamed and alterations were done very well. My only issue for not rating them a solid 5.0 is that they added in boning after my final fitting when told not to which made the dress too small the day of my wedding. The dress barely fit and was definitely not perfect like it was less than a week before when the alterations had already "been finalized." They are great and I would buy from them again, just make sure to try on the dress before walking out with it in case anything was done after "nothing further needed to be done."
Wedding: 08/16/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Very pleased with my maggie sottero wedding dress! I loved it and so did my guests I felt beautiful! Got my gown on time very nice and professional staff and owner!
Wedding: 08/03/2014
  • Value:  2.0
  • Flexibility:  1.0

Private User 6 Reviews
BUYER BEWARE!
This vendor bites off more then they can chew. Promises many things but refuses to deliver. My dress had tears at the bottom and asked for it to be fixed. I was told not to worry. On wedding day the tears were still there. I was frantic when I put on my dress and realized it! The owner will tell you whatever you want to hear in order to make a sale and drag you along. You are just a number at brides of florida I've heard the horror stories of the many bad experiences from other brides but decided to go there anyways because another vendor referred me there. I should have listened to the stories. One bride had to take her dress to another seamstress because they completely messed it up two weeks before the wedding. Another bride purchased a custom veil and when she opened up the garment bag the night before her wedding realized it wasn't her custom veil but a standard one. One bridesmaid dress came in the week of the wedding in a wrong color. Sometimes it's best to pay a little bit more money to get better quality service. You get what you pay for ! Please don't take my word for it, do the research before spending any money at this place. Read both sets of reviews on the new location and old location.
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Professionalism:  4.5

Private User 2 Reviews
Thank you so much for going above and beyond! I bought my dress back 8 months ago and decided to alter it the last month trying to loose as much weight as possible.. The alteration lady did an awesome job and the overall fee for the alterations on the dress was 150.. My sister paid 600 for that for her dress at David's bridal so to me that was amazing! Super accommodating and they even altered my moms dress so we didn't have to pay so much at the store were we got hers... Would totally recommend 100%
0.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.5
  • Responsiveness:  0.0
  • Professionalism:  0.5
  • Value:  1.5
  • Flexibility:  0.5

Linda C, 3 Reviews
The dress my daughter picked out was beautiful it was a Maggie Sottero.(Expensive for us). We picked it out on 7/19/2013 it was a trunk show date. We were told we had FREE alterations and $200.00 worth of credit for accessories in the shop since we came on a trunk show day. We also came from Port Saint Lucie, FL almost 3 hours away for this. My daughter picked out a dress, they told us when we come to get the dress come an spend the whole day since we live so far and the dress will be altered in 1 day and we did that. In the mean time my daughter ordered a dress for me(mother of the bride) without me knowing it was a surprise for me). We go to pick up her dress and to have the dresses altered (mine was to be altered free also she was told, we have it on the text message). Now after all the alterations are finished we get told we owe $1,341.40. $806.40 was for the balance of the dress that's fine but its $150.00 for alterations. We said no alterations were FREE they said no alterations were $150.00 the girl would work for free today. I said that's not what you said when we came here to buy the dress, we left very unhappy. We tried calling back at least 7 - 10 times and the receptionist said she(Maggie Mgr) just left the bldg or not here one time she answered the phone realized it was my husband an hung up. I said tell Maggie we take this to small claims court an we will. These are people who do not keep their word. So BUYER BEWARE if you shop in this store. The other issue was all of a sudden nobody spoke ENGLISH. I have had many say my daughters dress was so beautiful where did you get it, I told them I wont even tell you because we have nothning but trouble and we traveled so far.
Wedding: 07/07/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I found my dress here after trying multiples stores all over coral gables.Brides Of Florida is Super I loved Nilvia and the rest of the staff including the Owner Macky! I recomemmed Brides of Florida 100 %.I will provide a more thorough and Full review once I get the dress in February and have it altered-I can't wait!
Wedding: 07/05/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
i completely altered my dress and they did an amazing job Nilvia was so helpful through the whole process. would recommend
Wedding: 05/25/2014
0.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.5
  • Professionalism:  0.5
  • Value:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  0.5
I really thought I had found a gem when I find this shop for my dress.... boy was I wrong!

It was a horror show from the moment I went to my first fitting. They had the right dress but in the wrong color! It took a week but then they fixed it... only problem, they didn't have my vail. It was supposed to be made to match my dress. I ordered the lace pieces and everything. I didn't get the vail until my wedding day and instead of it being the custom made vail it was the stock, crappy one that they put on me at the store. They are so irresponsible! Your wedding dress is very important, don't risk something happening by trusting them!
Wedding: 12/07/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Brides of Florida is fantastic!!! They didn't have a sample of the dress I wanted, but no problem! They got it for me to try on :) It turned out to be my dress :) I loved it. There were some alterations I wanted done like changing the corset back to a zipper and changing the sleeves. They did it with no problem. Not only was it not a problem, but it was done beautifully. They know what they are doing!!! Also, they are so much easier to get to than any stores on Miracle Mile plus the prices are 100% better. Get your dress there. You wont' regret it!!!!
Wedding: 12/06/2013

Private User 1 Reviews
Everyone was great! Would recommend to anyone
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I purchased the Carolina by Maggie Sottero from Brides of Florida. I wore my dress with a cathedral length veil which I rented from Brides of Florida. From the moment I walked into Brides of Florida I was greeted by friendly and knowledgable staff. They have an amazing talent in assisting you with picking out the right dress for your body type and budget. Macky, the owner, is an amazing person. She is prides herself on making sure her Brides are happy. I will never forget her amazing spirit and friendly nature. She made my shopping experience less stressful and reassured me every step of the way! Thank you to everyone at Brides of Florida for making me look and feel like a princess on my Wedding day!
Barbie
Wedding: 11/23/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The owner at Brides of Florida was very professional and very knowledgeable. Not only was she helpful but really made the entire experience very memorable. Her staff was also excellent. I would highly recommend Brides of Florida!
Wedding: 11/16/2013
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
I had looked all over south florida for my specific Maggie Sottero dress and this is the place I found it. They were lovely to work with the day that I bought my dress and the price couldn't have been better. I was a little disappointed with the fact that they did not call me when my dress came in, I had to call to follow up. Furthermore, when I wanted to come pick up my dress they didn't have it because they only pick up dresses from their warehouse once a week. So I had to pick it up a week later. I would still recommend the store, they had a great selection, just be prepared to make a few phone calls.
Wedding: 11/09/2013

erika 6 Reviews
I bought my dress and rented my veil from this store!
The dresses they had at this store were all beautiful!!
The workers are super super super helpful!
Overall an amazing experience!
Wedding: 10/25/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Point blank period I over loved my dress, the staff, and the alterations that was done on my wedding dress. They offered the best price, Mackie is a doll to work with, and I loved the price of my gown. I am a Maggie Sottero bride and they specialize in that particular gown, which made it even more of a less stressful process because i knew my dress was in good hands. Great store, with a great staff
Wedding: 09/01/2013
 305-273-5794
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire