Brides of Florida

• Professionalism:  0.5
  • Value:  1.5
  • Flexibility:  0.5

Linda C, 3 Reviews
The dress my daughter picked out was beautiful it was a Maggie Sottero.(Expensive for us). We picked it out on 7/19/2013 it was a trunk show date. We were told we had FREE alterations and $200.00 worth of credit for accessories in the shop since we came on a trunk show day. We also came from Port Saint Lucie, FL almost 3 hours away for this. My daughter picked out a dress, they told us when we come to get the dress come an spend the whole day since we live so far and the dress will be altered in 1 day and we did that. In the mean time my daughter ordered a dress for me(mother of the bride) without me knowing it was a surprise for me). We go to pick up her dress and to have the dresses altered (mine was to be altered free also she was told, we have it on the text message). Now after all the alterations are finished we get told we owe $1,341.40. $806.40 was for the balance of the dress that's fine but its $150.00 for alterations. We said no alterations were FREE they said no alterations were $150.00 the girl would work for free today. I said that's not what you said when we came here to buy the dress, we left very unhappy. We tried calling back at least 7 - 10 times and the receptionist said she(Maggie Mgr) just left the bldg or not here one time she answered the phone realized it was my husband an hung up. I said tell Maggie we take this to small claims court an we will. These are people who do not keep their word. So BUYER BEWARE if you shop in this store. The other issue was all of a sudden nobody spoke ENGLISH. I have had many say my daughters dress was so beautiful where did you get it, I told them I wont even tell you because we have nothning but trouble and we traveled so far.
Wedding: 07/07/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
i completely altered my dress and they did an amazing job Nilvia was so helpful through the whole process. would recommend
Wedding: 05/25/2014
0.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.5
  • Professionalism:  0.5
  • Value:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  0.5
I really thought I had found a gem when I find this shop for my dress.... boy was I wrong!

It was a horror show from the moment I went to my first fitting. They had the right dress but in the wrong color! It took a week but then they fixed it... only problem, they didn't have my vail. It was supposed to be made to match my dress. I ordered the lace pieces and everything. I didn't get the vail until my wedding day and instead of it being the custom made vail it was the stock, crappy one that they put on me at the store. They are so irresponsible! Your wedding dress is very important, don't risk something happening by trusting them!
Wedding: 12/07/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Brides of Florida is fantastic!!! They didn't have a sample of the dress I wanted, but no problem! They got it for me to try on :) It turned out to be my dress :) I loved it. There were some alterations I wanted done like changing the corset back to a zipper and changing the sleeves. They did it with no problem. Not only was it not a problem, but it was done beautifully. They know what they are doing!!! Also, they are so much easier to get to than any stores on Miracle Mile plus the prices are 100% better. Get your dress there. You wont' regret it!!!!
Wedding: 12/06/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I purchased the Carolina by Maggie Sottero from Brides of Florida. I wore my dress with a cathedral length veil which I rented from Brides of Florida. From the moment I walked into Brides of Florida I was greeted by friendly and knowledgable staff. They have an amazing talent in assisting you with picking out the right dress for your body type and budget. Macky, the owner, is an amazing person. She is prides herself on making sure her Brides are happy. I will never forget her amazing spirit and friendly nature. She made my shopping experience less stressful and reassured me every step of the way! Thank you to everyone at Brides of Florida for making me look and feel like a princess on my Wedding day!
Barbie
Wedding: 11/23/2013

Private User 1 Reviews
Everyone was great! Would recommend to anyone
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The owner at Brides of Florida was very professional and very knowledgeable. Not only was she helpful but really made the entire experience very memorable. Her staff was also excellent. I would highly recommend Brides of Florida!
Wedding: 11/16/2013
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
I had looked all over south florida for my specific Maggie Sottero dress and this is the place I found it. They were lovely to work with the day that I bought my dress and the price couldn't have been better. I was a little disappointed with the fact that they did not call me when my dress came in, I had to call to follow up. Furthermore, when I wanted to come pick up my dress they didn't have it because they only pick up dresses from their warehouse once a week. So I had to pick it up a week later. I would still recommend the store, they had a great selection, just be prepared to make a few phone calls.
Wedding: 11/09/2013

erika 6 Reviews
I bought my dress and rented my veil from this store!
The dresses they had at this store were all beautiful!!
The workers are super super super helpful!
Overall an amazing experience!
Wedding: 10/25/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Point blank period I over loved my dress, the staff, and the alterations that was done on my wedding dress. They offered the best price, Mackie is a doll to work with, and I loved the price of my gown. I am a Maggie Sottero bride and they specialize in that particular gown, which made it even more of a less stressful process because i knew my dress was in good hands. Great store, with a great staff
Wedding: 09/01/2013
4.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.5
My dress was made for my body!! The seamstress and team at Brides of Florida did an amazing job!!
Wedding: 07/21/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The moment I walked in, I felt like I was getting married the next day. The service is impeccable. David got to know ME and EVERY SINGLE PERSON I brought into that shop with me. He made my experience feel so special. My most fond moment was when he knew the final dress I tried on was for me and personalized it as my own. I love every moment of my experience. David was honest with every gown I tried on and it felt like I was in a fashion show! I was the queen for the day, and David had everything to do with that. Don’t hesitate to go to Brides of America! He made my dream dress come alive and I know he will do the same for everyone else too!
Wedding: 07/20/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
This was the first place I went to to try on dresses. I tried on several of them but one of them stuck out as my favorite as well as the favorite of my mom, mother in law and friend who were with me. I was a bit sticker shocked since I really had no idea how much wedding dresses cost and decided to keep looking. I looked at a few more places including Davids Bridal and a couple of the stores on miracle mile. Nothing compared to that one dress I had seen at Brides of Florida. The quality of that dress became obvious to me after I tried on other dresses at other stores- the material of the dresses at the other stores felt like plastic, they were hard to move in, they clung to me in the wrong places, they just looked so terrible, and they cost the same or more than the one I liked at Brides of Florida. I went back to Brides of Florida a few days later and tried on the dress again and this time, knowing what was out there, I fell in love with it. The quality of the material, the detail and the stitching is just incredible. Everyone at the wedding told me how beautiful the dress was. I felt like a princess all night long.
Wedding: 06/01/2013
4.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Brides of Florida was where I found my one perfect dress for my wedding. The ladies there truly listened to what I was looking for in a dress. The seamstress was in house and very talented at her job. Brides of Florida is a great choice for girls in Miami that are looking for a great designer dress without the Miracle Mile price.
Wedding: 06/01/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
They made me feel so comfortable and allowed me to try on as many dresses as it took to find the one. And they are so considerate to a budget. I loved my experience, I'm very excited for my first fitting
Wedding: 05/18/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Amazing service, I felt like a star! Thank you all for the excellent customer service. It is very important for the bride to feel so special. Also, dress was ready as requested and I loved my Maggie Sotero dress! :-)
Wedding: 04/06/2013
 305-273-5794
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire