Amazing Cakes Of Austin

Amazing Cakes Of Austin

Wedding cakes

Leander, TX 78641 | map
Desserts: Cookies, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Groom's Cake, Pas...
Additional services: Consultations, On-site Delivery, On-site Setup, Pick...
Health license: Yes

Value:
(4.8 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Yvette is incredibly flexible, reasonable, and creative. I was so impressed with the beauty of our wedding cakes! I highly recommend her!

Amazing Cakes Of Austin responded with the following comments:

Thank you Brittany. It was so nice working with you. Don't forget to contact us for your first anniversary cake

Yvette

• Wedding: 03/08/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My (now) husband and I booked Yvette, from Amazing Kakes of Austin back in 2011 (when it was Amazing Kakes) but for reasons out of our control, the wedding had to be cancelled.

When we reinstated the wedding for November 2013, Yvette was top of mind due to her professionalism and tasty cakes. Fortunately she was available, so we re-booked without hesitation! Without asking, she offered to give us credit for the previously paid deposit which we had forfeited at the time that our initial wedding date was dissolved. How thoughtful!

The day of the wedding, the cake was delivered on time, and aptly named, looked "amazing"! But even more wonderful than its appearance, was the taste. All 4 layers were different flavors, and each was deliciously moist! Not what you would expect in a wedding cake at all! Typically their appeal is purely visual and lack hugely in taste. Not so with Amazing Cakes of Austin. I highly recommend her services! We could not have been happier.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The cake was fabulous! Beautiful, delicious, we just can't rave enough about it! The service was exceptional. We had to add more servings at the last minute. It was not a problem. Also, we had cheesecake shots for the grooms table, Yvette's idea since the groom wanted cheesecake. It was very popular among the guests. Thanks for your part in making our event awesome, Amazing Cakes Of Austin!

Amazing Cakes Of Austin responded with the following comments:

Thank you Kacie and Jesse. Working with you was such a pleasure. We loved the chocolate dipped strawberries in pink and yellow. What a fantastic (your) idea! I also loved the decor/table settings, absolutely beautiful
Best wishes. I will see you next year for your First Anniversary cake :-))

• Wedding: 05/18/2013
Kacie
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Yvette and her team did an absolutely fantastic job on mine & my husband's wedding cakes! As a planner in the wedding industry, I have worked with many cake vendors and when I saw Amazing Cakes of Austin's work, I knew that I had to have them create my cake when I got married. My husband and I wanted "show stopping" cakes and boy did we get just that & more! I had a 6 tier chandelier cake over 5ft tall & my husband had fish chasing smaller fish for his cake... They looked SO real!! They looked like actual fish coming out of the water.. It was incredible (and edible!)! We had so many compliments on our cakes. Yvette listened to exactly what we wanted & exceeded our expectations on all levels! Amazing Cakes of Austin is truly AMAZING!! Thank you for helping make our wedding day perfect with the most perfect cakes :)

• Wedding: 03/15/2013
3.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.5
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 3.5

Best buttercream ever! A little pricey but they also give you a fresh anniversary cake!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Awesome Job!!!!!!!!!! They did exactly what I wanted!! They do very detailed and beautiful work! A little pricey but well worth it!

• Wedding: 08/25/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everyone at Amazing Kakes was fantastic to work with! The shop was a bit tricky to find but other than that, they were perfect! They were great at coming up with ideas for our cakes and both turned out amazing. Even the other wedding vendors were asking us where the cakes were from because they were so delicious. I would definitely get any cakes I need in the future from Amazing Kakes!

• Wedding: 05/05/2012
Natasja
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kim did an amazing job with our groom's cake!

My husband was so sad that our dog, Maggie, couldn't be at our wedding, since we live in NY but were married in Austin...so I tried the next best thing and asked Kim to create a molded cake of Maggie for our rehearsal dinner.

The cake looked amazing - it was at least two feet tall, complete with her heart-shaped Maggie collar and all. Even more, it tasted amazing!! At least a dozen guests asked for doggy bags (no pun intended) of leftover cake because it tasted so good. Kim also delivered the cake to Uncle Billy's on Lake Travis, so I didn't have to worry about a thing.

For great-tasting, amazing-looking cakes, hire Kim!!

Amazing Cakes Of Austin responded with the following comments:

Thank you Marissa. I have enjoyed sculpting Maggie. I am so pleased your husband liked the cake. I do all of the sculpted cakes, have been doing it for years, but Maggie was my first dog. Thank you for giving me this opportunity.

Yvette

• Wedding: 04/28/2012
Marissa
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Absolutely wonderful! We have received so many compliments on our cake and cake shots. Not only was the presentation beautiful, but it was delicious!!!

• Wedding: 04/07/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amazing Kakes was above and beyond other cake makers we had tried. Our tasting was a pleasurable experience, and they were very helpful and easy to work with, plus they will re-do your top tier for free on your one year anniversary!

• Wedding: 04/06/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I are from Houston and at the time were planning a destination wedding in Austin, Texas. I was definetly a bride who wanted it all, but was on a budget. We had found 3 cake vendors that we were going to meet with. Amazing Kakes was the first. Kim and Yvette were so warm and welcoming and the cakes, WOW - Amazing Kakes is the perfect name for their company, because the cakes were amazingly beautiful and delicious!! I am not a fan of fondant, but the fondant that we had during our tasting was out of this world. My fiance did not want a grooms cake, but immediately changed his mind when we saw the drum cake that was displayed in their tasting room. As for me, by the time we left, I knew who we were going to book as our cake vendor for our wedding. The sketch of our wedding cake was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. I wanted the cake to look like my dress and the drawing was spot on. We liked all the flavors so we ended up getting two flavors in the wedding cake, which were Classic White and Almond Delight. Filling: Raspberry Currant and the drum cake was a Carrot Cake. If you book with Amazing Kakes, they also give you a small cake on your 1 yr anniversary so that you don't have to freeze the top layer of your wedding cake - Now that is genuis!! Months leading up to the wedding Kim was very quick on answering questions and me being the control freak, I felt very comfortable with what I was going to be getting from them so was able to put the cakes to rest and move on to the next vendor. On the day of the wedding, when we saw our cake for the first time, I was so happy - Our cake was Gorgeous, beyond words. Everyone kept saying how it looked just like my wedding dress - which is exactly what I wanted!!! We are still getting compliments on how great the cake tasted and how good the fondant was. My husband and I can't wait for our 1 yr anniversary so that we can taste that cake all over again! Kim and Yvette love what they do and it shows in their work.
One Happy Bride!!

Amazing Cakes Of Austin responded with the following comments:

Thank you Laurie. We have enjoyed making your beautiful cakes. Actually, the drum was so real looking, a child was trying to play with it! Gasp! The cake was move to a more supervised area...lol
We loved the setting! breathtaking!

• Wedding: 02/11/2012
3.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 2.0
  • Professionalism: 2.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The cakes and cake shots that Amazing Kakes provided us were amazing and tasted exactly how we wanted. However we were never sent a contract and when we finally got one it wasn't clear and had notes scribbled all over it. Emails weren't promptly answered (sometimes we had to before we got a response) and flavor questions were asked of me (the bride) two days before the wedding.

The price of everything was very reasonable and as I said the taste was great - on the day of they were perfect and so was the set up and the cake and desserts. They were also right on time and extremely flexible with our changes. While we would recommend them as a company to check out, we'd warn future clients that sometimes the artsy side and the business side of the business may communication gaps.

• Wedding: 01/28/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Not only are their cakes yummy, but Yvette and Kim are some of the nicest and friendliest ladies, great personalities. The lace overlay on my cake didn't quite turn out as I thought it would but the cake was still beautiful and tastey. And one of the coolest things that they do is if you have your wedding cake done by Amazing Kakes, you get a 6 inch anniversary cake for your 1 year anniversary so you don't have to eat 1 year old frozen cake---a great idea.

• Wedding: 10/22/2011
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I shopped around for wedding cakes and in the end I was happy to choose Amazing Kakes. What ended up selling us was that the sample cakes were amazing and the prices were very reasonable. They were very responsive to our ideas and worked hard to create our vision. My husband and I met at Best Buy so we wanted a grooms cake that payed homage to this. They created an ADORABLE geek squad shirt that everyone loved. The cakes were just as amazing as the samples and everyone kept commenting on how good they were. Great vendor!

• Wedding: 10/21/2011
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The only reason I didn't give them full 5 stars was that they still didn't get the color of my cake correct, even though I gave them color samples & a copy of the invitation.

The cake looked pretty & tasted great. Much easier to work with than some of the other well-known or larger bakeries in town.

• Wedding: 10/08/2011
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We got both wedding cake and groom's cake from Amazing Kakes. The service was great. Delicious cakes and very responsive to my emails and requests. We had a very simple design on our wedding cake and no design on the groom's cake so we can really judge the design creativity in that aspect. All in all we are very happy with our cakes and services.

• Wedding: 09/30/2011
512-619-6765
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards