The Ward Eights

The Ward Eights

Boston, MA 02124 | map
Agency or Band: Band
Band size: Large (6+ musicians)
Genres: 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Classic Rock, Dance, Funk, Hip H...
About Us

Whether you're planning a wedding, dance night, class reunion, corporate event, or any other excuse to get a bunch of people together and have a great time, The Ward Eights is your party waiting to happen.  Specializing in funk, soul and R&B, but also being no stranger to rock and hip-hop, The Ward Eights will keep your guests entertained and dancing all night long.  From our full 9-piece band to our 6-piece combo, we offer a variety of live music solutions to suit virtually any budget and musical taste.  We also offer special wedding packages that include live classical music for your ceremony and jazz for the cocktail hour.

The Ward Eights are a band born in the audio department of Harmonix, the cutting edge video game developer behind games such as Guitar Hero, Rock Band and Dance Central.  We've spent the last few years making killer music video games together, and now, in addition to that, we're bringing that same passion for music, musical authenticity, and, most of all, fun to the stage.  We're co-workers, great friends and serious professional musicians (who don't take ourselves too seriously).

The Ward Eights are a 9-piece funk band including male and female vocalists, trumpet, tenor sax, bari sax, keys, guitar, bass and drums, but we can do a full dance night with as few as 6 musicians for smaller events.  If you're planning a wedding and want music for your ceremony and cocktail hour in addition to your reception, we have a plan for that too.  Between the 9 of us, we cover a lot of musical ground.  Pretty much anything from classical to jazz to polka (yes, tuba and all), we can do it

Reviews
5.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 5.0
  • Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Professionalism: 5.0
  • Value: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I'll keep this short and sweet. The Ward Eights = The Best Wedding Band of All Time! Every person at our wedding said, "This is the best band I've ever seen at a wedding!" They have an amazing setlist that continues to grow by the day. Very professional and helped MC as well. My wife and I can't wait to see them play around Boston this winter. I can honestly say that our wedding wouldn't have been what it was without The Ward Eights. Cheers!

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
Services Used: Band
The Ward Eights is a wedding band from Boston. We service weddings througout the local area, including Southern Connecticut , New Hampshire, and Rhode Island. The Ward Eights is a professional wedding band that has been part of the Massachusetts wedding industry for 3 years. We specialize in Motown, wedding band
802-598-7285
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards