Seams Couture

Flexibility
Profile Picture
Alyssa
10/13/2012

Harper Della-Piana, owner of SEAMS, is beyond talented.

I ordered my wedding gown through Ann Taylor Wedding - while the dress was exactly what I wanted, it didn't fit perfectly. I brought the dress to Harper in July of 2012. She did the whole fitting in about 20 minutes, knowing exactly what needed to be taken in, altered, and added.

The dress was promised for the last week in September (without any additional fittings in between!) and boy did she deliver. I was nervous that the dress may not be perfect because we had only met once prior, but it certainly wasn't necessary...

The dress was exactly how it should have been. It was fitted in the right areas and the bustle that she created was GORGEOUS! I couldn't believe the attention to detail. If I was this impressed with how the dress fit, I can only imagine how her other clients feel when their dress is made specifically for them, created by Harper.

I highly, and strongly, recommend SEAMS to any and all brides!!!

Services Used: Dress & Attire
LOCATION
Providence, RI 02903
BLOG

Couture and Custom Gowns and Accessories

You're a One of a Kind Bride and Seams Couture Is a One of a Kind Studio.

You're a One of a Kind Bride and Seams Couture Is a One of a Kind Studio.

Just like a Real European Styled Couture House, we do every step of the process from the Design, to Fittings, to Hand Finishing every piece.  A Custom Seams Couture Gown (or Suit!) is the one of your dreams, Designed and made to measure specifically to you.  Every detail is taken into consideration and constructed entirely in our Workshop and never outsourced to factories or overseas.  Made in the USA all the way!

Services include Custom Design & Construction, Major Alterations on gowns both Modern and Antique, Women's Custom Suit Tailoring, Corsetmaking, Beading, Swarovski Pave, Custom Headpieces Veils and Accessories.

Seams Couture has access to the same high quality professional textile suppliers as Vera, Carolina, and Oscar.

You are not limited by a 'dress size' here as every piece is Made to Measure here in our Workroom!   Seams Couture is the only Design House of it's kind in the New England area with over 25 years experience in all aspects of Professional garment construction.  It all starts with a sketch!

Harper of Seams Couture is a Designer and classically trained Draper, Pattern maker, and Fitter with over 25 years experience making couture for Film, TV, Broadway, and A-List Clients.  Her years of expertise is At Your Service.  Harper used to sew for Martha Stewart Living Magazine among others during her years in New York City.

All Services are By Appointment Only.  Please Contact Us via the website.

Creative Brides are our favorites, and we welcome Everyone!

Major Wedding Gown Alterations (especially the re-Design or re-cutting) and Vintage Gown Remaking are a Seams Couture specialty!  Rates begin at $500.

*Now offering the STAR TREATMENT Service:  a Day-Of Onsite Wardrobe Prep for the Bride and Everyone else in the Wedding Party.  All the steaming, tie-tieing, spot cleaning, and hand sewing last minute emergencies are taken care of.   Rates begin at $200. for the first hour, $100. each consecutive hour.

Profile photo by Kristin Chalmers Photography

+/- read less
Details
Services: Bride, Bridesmaids, Flower Girls, Groom, Groomsmen, Mother of the Bride, Mother of the Groom
Accessories: Hair Accessories, Veils
PROS I KNOW (184) View All 184 Pros »
ASSOCIATIONS I BELONG TO (5)