Peacock + Papaya

Flexibility
Profile Picture
Sasha
07/28/2012

I was so blessed on my wedding day. It was a sunny 82 degree day at the end of July, I was surrounded by family and friends and I felt so much joy when I got to marry the love of my life. I was also blessed to have Shantel from Peacock and Papaya at my side throughout my entire wedding planning process. The BEST decision I made during the year that I planned my wedding was to hire Shantel.
In the summer of 2011, my husband and I had just moved from New York to Chicago and we had set our wedding date for July 2012. The first thing I insisted on doing was finding a wedding coordinator. We finally found Shantel through a recommendation from a friend, and not only did her services and price match exactly what we were looking for, but her personality matched us perfectly as well. Between finding her and our first meeting with her, Nick and I actually won a wedding planning package from a different company from our church. When we went to meet with Shantel, we loved her so much that we decided to forgo the prize and go with Shantel. In the first meeting, she was so reassuring and so organized that I knew she would be the one to help us.
Throughout the planning year, Shan was always available to help me find vendors that were in my price range and were also my personality match, she helped us work with vendors to get exactly what we wanted, and she even cheered me on in my DIY project endeavors. I am a self-professed procrastinator, so having Shantel there to keep me on task was necessary. She made sure that I got updated checklists and timelines.
On my wedding day, everyone I interacted with-my "beauty" team, my photographers, the limo driver, my guests- said I looked so happy and joyful. The root of this joy was my love for my husband, but the reason I was able to give into that joy and enjoy my day was Shan. That day I did not have to worry about anything. She did all the set up, the crisis control during the day, and all the clean up.

Services Used: Wedding Planning
LOCATION
Chicago, IL + Atlanta, GA, 30319
BLOG

Wedding + Event Production

We know your future husband beat us to it, but we’d like to sweep you off your feet, too. Be it an outdoor summer wedding with summer’s most beautiful flowers or a cozy & romantic winter wedding in December’s most glamorous shade of white, we’re dedicated to crafting your picture perfect day. Combining talent and passion, we’re here to make certain your wedding day is your exact vision, and beyond every one of your dreams.

Your wedding day is the most special day of you and your loved one’s life together, and while it’s a day of utmost celebration, the days leading up can be far from the same bliss.

Founded on the idea that people shouldn’t have to pay for services they don’t need, Peacock Papaya approaches wedding planning from a different angle. All of our services are completely customizable and offer a la carte pricing.  Peacock Papaya’s unique design enables you to create a package that helps in the places you need it most and allows you to forget about all the rest.

Whether its a little support in an area you’re uncertain about or full blown planning, Peacock Papaya has everything you need to relieve the stress of your big day.  So forget about the cost, create a package that works for you.

Leave us to the details (we’re mildly obsessed with them), and we’ll leave you to the “you may now kiss the bride” moments.

Be prepared to share every detail of the engagement and every angle of your ring, and we’ll be prepared to make your day exceptional, unforgettable and more than you ever imagined it would be. We look forward to hearing from you, and

CONGRATULATIONS FUTURE BRIDE!