Krista
VIP May 2012

Which Dress?

Krista, on August 8, 2011 at 8:23 PM

Posted in Wedding Attire 65

Hi all. I am torn between 2 dresses. I dont have pics of the dresses on me(on my mother's camera)but both look great. It is a beach wedding so I wanted the chiffon material. Plus I have a slim figure so the dress looks similar to that of the model. Take and look and see which of the 2 you like...

Hi all. I am torn between 2 dresses. I dont have pics of the dresses on me(on my mother's camera)but both look great. It is a beach wedding so I wanted the chiffon material. Plus I have a slim figure so the dress looks similar to that of the model. Take and look and see which of the 2 you like better.

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=AD3371

http://www.sotteroandmidgley.com/dress.aspx?style=RSM1118

65 Comments

• Jessica
    Expert August 2011
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

I like number 2 better, especially if you add some sparkle to it somewhere.

• krista
    Dedicated August 2011
    krista ·
    • Flag

Number two is beautiful!!

• countrybride*H*
    Master April 2012
    countrybride*H* ·
    • Flag

Without seeing them on you, my personal favorite is the 2nd one. I just LOVE sweetheart necklines, and I think the way (I think you call this ruching (sp?)) ruching is around the tummy area would flatter you, from what I've read and heard they say ruching is a good way to hide any problem areas around your mid section if you have any.

• Jennifer
    Super November 2011
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

I like #1, it looks so unique! But you would look great in either! Smiley laugh

• Beatrice
    Expert August 2011
    Beatrice ·
    • Flag

Love #2

• Melissa
    Devoted June 2012
    Melissa ·
    • Flag

I think they are both really pretty dresses, but #1 pops a little more with the detail. #2 seems like it needs something more to it IMO.

• Charlotte T.
    Super March 2012
    Charlotte T. ·
    • Flag

Love #2! So simple yet elegant. I think it would be really flattering.

• M
    Beginner October 2012
    Megan ·
    • Flag

I'm doing a beach wedding too and trying to find a dress! From my experience, and recs from photographers, I'd go with #2. The more shiny chiffon of the first one could be washed out with the sun, sand, and reflection off the ocean in your pictures. And personally I like the neckline and more fitted body of #2. But whichever way you go, I bet you'll look beautiful. Congrats & good luck!

• Tori
    Dedicated April 2012
    Tori ·
    • Flag

The second one is beautiful. While I think the first dress is most appropriate for a beach wedding, the second one is more attractive. Also, the one strap one the first dress is a little odd.

• Mrs.T.to.Be
    Super September 2011
    Mrs.T.to.Be ·
    • Flag

Number 2! I love Maggie Smiley smile

• Megan
    Expert June 2012
    Megan ·
    • Flag

• Maui Bride
    VIP June 2011
    Maui Bride ·
    • Flag

#2 gets my vote - it's classic and elegant. Personally I'm not a fan of the one shoulder and agree that it may seem dated in a few years.

• Brandy
    VIP March 2013
    Brandy ·
    • Flag

I like number one Smiley smile

• Clare316
    VIP September 2011
    Clare316 ·
    • Flag

Ugh hard to say, #2 is definitely prettier but #1 is more unique...hmm I think #2.

• Kerry
    Super March 2012
    Kerry ·
    • Flag

I love #1 because of the bling. I have a Maggie gown, too! Smiley smileTo be honest, you won't know which one to pick until you try them on. I went into the bridal salon and had narrowed down my dress to two dresses based on their photos alone. When I tried them on, I wasn't happy with how I looked in them. The gown I chose is something I never would have picked based solely on the picture. Everything looks different in person, so keep that in mind.

Good luck! Smiley smile

• Anonymous
    Super October 2012
    Anonymous ·
    • Flag

I really love number 2. The back is my favorite. Smiley smile

• Cayla
    Super August 2011
    Cayla ·
    • Flag

• Katie
    Super June 2012
    Katie ·
    • Flag

I love 2! with maybe a little extra touch or something

• Leann
    Dedicated August 2012
    Leann ·
    • Flag

#2 gets my vote.

• keira
    Super January 2012
    keira ·
    • Flag

I love #2 but if its a beach wedding i'm assuming its going to be fairly hot....the second dress although beautiful loots like it could be quite heavy...you dont want to be a sweaty bride! just something to think about! I'm going to have the opposite problem - getting married in january in the UK!

Good luck - both are excelent choices!!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics