We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Shalott
Devoted March 2017

What have you added to your beauty routine to be picture perfect on the big day?

Shalott, on May 26, 2016 at 11:36 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 40
Saved Save

I'm using the app so I apologize if this has been posted before!

Is anyone changing up their beauty/skincare routine in months leading up to their wedding? I've started taking biotin to get my hair to grow a little so I won't have to use extensions.

40 Comments

• Minerva
    VIP August 2016
    Minerva ·
    • Flag

I'm drinking water like a maniac. My MUA said that my skin was really dehydrated, so I'm hoping that this will be a kick in the butt to be more conscious of my hydration.

FYI, I had really good luck with biotin. It really helped my nails!

• A&G
    Master August 2014
    A&G ·
    • Flag

Starting 6 months before my wedding, after washing my face before bed every night I also used a good moisturizer. By time my wedding came around my MUA said my skin felt amazing and overall my acne was much less.

I still continue this routine since I love how my skin feels now.

• Beatrice
    Master June 2017
    Beatrice ·
    • Flag

I'm using the boscia moisturizing gel for my face and an innisfree volcanic pore mask each night

• M
    VIP September 2016
    MrsInSeptember ·
    • Flag

I just got bosica for my spots and it's great! Maybe I'll get their moisturizer too.

• H
    VIP March 2017
    Hammie ·
    • Flag

I tried Biotin as well but it made my face break out like crazy. Otherwise, I've really just been trying to remember my skin care routine at least once a day! I tend to start a routine but then forget and never do it again after like a week.

• Ashley589
    Super August 2016
    Ashley589 ·
    • Flag

Well normally I have pretty good skin but OF COURSE I have been breaking out like crazy so guess I should start doing something differently...

If I don't exfoliate well then I will get some "blemishes" as I like to call them. I was using St. Ives blackhead scrub (it's green, I can't remember the name of it, but it's awesome) and it was working well. I guess I should get to using it again!

• Sylvia751
    VIP November 2016
    Sylvia751 ·
    • Flag

I'm a dye-aholic, so I'm trying to lay off that so I actually have hair by my wedding day.

• Shalott
    Devoted March 2017
    Shalott ·
    • Flag

@futuremrsjay same! I've been cracking an egg on my head once a week and it's helped SO much!! (It sounds crazy but it works!!)

• Colleen
    Devoted September 2016
    Colleen ·
    • Flag

I've been using a new moisturizer, exfoliating more often, and using a face and hair mask a few times a week Oh and I've been trying to drink a shit ton of water. That does wonders for almost everything.

• Sara
    Expert November 2016
    Sara ·
    • Flag

I just started a Rodan + Fields regimen...stay tuned!

• Meesh
    VIP May 2016
    Meesh ·
    • Flag

I invested in a serious skin regimen the year prior to my wedding. I struggle with rosacea, melasma, large pores, acne scarring and the beginnings of some fine lines.

I did five rejuvapen treatments, three IPL treatments, two dermaplanes and invested in a clarisonic as well as a very quality moisturizer and sunscreen. I am very happy with the results and it was worth all of the money (and pain/discomfort!)

• Beatrice
    Master June 2017
    Beatrice ·
    • Flag

Use moisturizer prior to applying makeup as well to help keep your skin clear

• Stefanie
    Dedicated July 2016
    Stefanie ·
    • Flag

Added a bi-weekly face mask to my routine...it's been pretty fun wandering around the house with a green face for a good 10 minutes!

Good call on the water and moisturizer @Minerva and @A&G!

• Sylvia751
    VIP November 2016
    Sylvia751 ·
    • Flag

@Shalott, I've stopped "washing" my hair...one of my friends' sisters has enviable hair (long, platinum white blonde, and healthy! She's like freaking Khaleesi) and I asked her how she got it that way.

She told me she uses a coconut oil mask every night, and only uses conditioner her hair. Shampoo's it once a month with a clarifying shampoo just to get rid of any possible build-up. I've been doing that for a while, and I hate to admit it, but this gross-ish sounding routine works!

• Natalie
    Master September 2016
    Natalie ·
    • Flag

I definitely wanna drink tons of water, and moisturize daily. I think I may cut out some dairy too as it nears wedding time because I hear it breaks out skin and I break out enough as it is.

• BoozyBaker
    Master January 2017
    BoozyBaker ·
    • Flag

I use dermalogica SPF daily and love it so I've started branching out into their other products. Got some sample kits and hoping I see a difference soon in texture & tone.

On the fitness tip, I've started jogging and doing squats cause I'm wearing a short dress. FH says my butt has been looking better so.. *shrug* Smiley winking

• [anonymous]
    Master October 2017
    [anonymous] ·
    • Flag

I haven't really added as much as I've tried to now remain consistent. I shaved my head 2 years ago (my mom had cancer), so I'm still trying to regain my length. I've been taking Hairburst and have seen noticeable results when used consistently.

I've also tried to use my skin care products more regularly instead of just when I feel like it; things like deep moisturizers and beauty oils. One of my New Years resolutions was to wear spf daily to protect my skin, especially living in Florida. I do plan on getting a facial or two a couple of months before the wedding to help with hyper pigmentation and acne scars.

• Nicole
    Master July 2015
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

I upgraded to a better foundation (I was using the $5 covergirl kind). I also started doing a cleansing mask once a week.

ETA: I also starting washing my pillows every single week. That cleared up my face a lot-which is kind of disgusting.

• Christine
    Master October 2015
    Christine ·
    • Flag

Hair/skin pills plus I started doing face masks a few times a week, helped some

• Meghan
    Expert April 2017
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

Not specifically for the wedding, but I started a weight loss program in January and am down 35 lbs so far.

I have started washing my face with actual face cleanser and exfoliating once in a while. Also moisturizing after I shower and using under eye cream. It has made a big difference! I highly recommend trying out Perfectly Posh (it's a lot like LUSH but cheaper!).

Comment on this discussion

Related articles