Happy In Hawaii
Master July 2015

What are your after-wedding projects?

Happy In Hawaii, on September 2, 2015 at 9:01 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 36
Saved Save

I always thought after my wedding was over that I'd feel empty and bored and sad that it was all over. I actually was one of the rare brides who did enjoy the planning process, and only cried once from drama and that was a week before the wedding, so I was fully planning on being sad. Quite the contrary, it's nice not to have all those emails and phone calls to send and I have actually come up with quite a few post-wedding projects. The things on my list are: 1) Edit videos of honeymoon into a DVD, 2) Make a shadow box of wedding things, 3) Scrapbook our wedding, 4) Make shutterfly wedding albums for parents 5) Make shutterfly album of honeymoon, 5) Hang shelves to put up wedding memorabilia and pictures, and 6) What I have pictured here.

I of course also have thank you notes (I know I'm behind...blame my photographer, we want pro pics to send with our thankyous).

So what post wedding projects have you done or are planning to do?

*Note about pic: My new last name is Chu

36 Comments

• Happy In Hawaii
    Master July 2015
    Happy In Hawaii ·

Also, the sign I made with my name is basically all re-used wedding things. That's what DIY brides do when their wedding is over!

• MeowMeow
    Dedicated November 2017
    MeowMeow ·

That's so cute! I love that it is very Hawaiian themed.

• OG FMP
    Master August 2015
    OG FMP ·

I should start working on the shadow boxes - one for each kid and one for the wedding. I'm just too lazy!

• Ostrich
    Master April 2016
    Ostrich ·

Love it! My husband and I signed up for the Dopey Challenge in Disney this January. 5k on Thurs, 10k on Fri, half on Saturday and full on Sunday. It's definitely kept a "goal" for us to work towards. We also both picked up part time jobs bartending again to make sure we could max out our retirement accounts. I just like having something to look forward to in life, but I agree with you HIH i don't really miss planning.

• OG FMP
    Master August 2015
    OG FMP ·

VMD - That's me too - I feel like in the two years I was planning the wedding I abandoned my home.

• Tori
    VIP September 2015
    Tori ·

Other then the whole have a baby thing

we are going to put a deck on our house. FH has wanted one all summer but we just haven't had the time. He already has it planned for October.

• Chrissy
    VIP September 2015
    Chrissy ·

We bought a house last year and I can't wait to start making it our own. It hasn't even been painted yet.

• K+S
    VIP October 2015
    K+S ·

We have a long list of house projects that we want to work on, we haven't put any money into our house because of the wedding so I'm really looking forward to being able to do that and I'm pretty sure that it will take up just as much time as wedding planning!

• KellySD
    VIP September 2015
    KellySD ·

That looks great! I'm glad to hear that life after wedding isn't as depressing and boring as I'd been expecting I'm looking forward to embracing the New England fall with FH - DH by then! - and getting our apartment in order after Hurricane Wedding. I'm planning to take starting an Etsy shop really seriously so I expect that to keep me busy. At this point I'm just excited to having my weekends back and have no wedding appointments, etc. to go to!

• JaKLyn
    Master November 2015
    JaKLyn ·

Really plan the honeymoon and increase our house savings and start searching for homes/school districts that we like. We're hoping to be in a house by July when our lease is up.

Once we have that straightened out it will be trying to get MaKyla and Taylor enrolled and ready for school (Kindergarten and college freshman) and saving for adoption.

• Tori
    VIP September 2015
    Tori ·

Ugh I haven't even thought about painting. I HATE painting, I am really excited at first. Then I quit halfway and FH always finishes it. We bought our house in November and I had so many plans but the wedding took over everything. I am excited to give it some much needed love.

@KellySD- Weekends! I can't wait! We haven't had one since May. (also- Date twin! 10 days!!)

• Happy In Hawaii
    Master July 2015
    Happy In Hawaii ·

Man house projects sound fun...but I'm just renting, can't really afford a place in hawaii and we aren't staying here long term, but gosh I'd love to paint a room or something!

@KellySD, I know that hurricane well! What are you going to sell in your etsy shop? That's so cool!

• Jacklyn
    Expert August 2015
    Jacklyn ·

1) We miscarried early into our engagement and I have been waiting until this week to start TTC again. It's consuming all my thoughts- but DH is sick with a cold- so I'm probably gonna have to wait another month. Which is fine- I"m honestly a little scared to try again. And really- there isn't much planning or stress happening there- its a wait and see game.

2) We desperately need to clean out our apartment. We moved in a few months ago- and have just filled the "guest room" with bridal shower stuff. The big boxes from the wedding projects are gone- leaving just enough room for our half unpacked honeymoon luggage.

3) I HATE my job- the company and my coworkers. I actually cried when I realized I had to come back this week- so I'm refreshing my resume and sending it to everyone.

4) I still don't have my pro pics or video back- so I'm obsessively checking my inbox for emails from my photographer and videographer.

5) Thank you notes- so many to write- and I still don't have my cards. Working out my hand- no hand cramps for me haha.

6) I MIGHT try to actually work more now that I'm back- but clearly still spending time on WW so we'll see (did I mention I HATE this job?).

• Brigit
    Master October 2015
    Brigit ·

Cleaning lol, yup. FH is not happy with all the stuff we have accumulated for the wedding.

• KellySD
    VIP September 2015
    KellySD ·

@Tori yay date twin! I cannot believe it's 10 days away! Queue the obsessive checking of the 10-day forecast...

@HIH - I can't wait to have rooms in my apartment that aren't filled to the brim with boxes! haha I'm still trying to decide exactly what I'd like to sell in my Etsy shop, or at least where to start. I have a graphic design background and would love to design and sell invitations/STDS/etc, but I'm also super crafty and have really enjoyed some of the DIY elements of our wedding like placecards, etc. Even the koozies that I made for the Bachelorette could be a contender! My creative skills/interests/hobbies are kind of all over the place right now, but once I don't have total bridal brain I'm hoping to be able to focus my ideas and choose one place to start.

• Mrs. Nicole
    Master May 2016
    Mrs. Nicole ·

We have so many things we want to do with our house but don't have the time or money for with the wedding. So after the wedding, it's going to be remodeling our kitchen and bathroom first thing. I'm talking new countertops, back splash, appliances, floors, paint the cabinets, retile the bathroom, new vanity, new shower, etc.

• Yasmina
    Master November 2015
    Yasmina ·

Project will be either moving, or looking for our own space.

Or, if we can't find a small condo/townhouse with a yard, we will be doing some MAJOR cleaning/overhauling on the house we rent now.

I also want to start an indoor garden.

But the more reasonable project will be to complete the scrapbook that I'm putting together as our guest book.

• VWCat
    Master October 2015
    VWCat ·

Super cute project with your last name!

After the wedding dies down, we're installing hard wood floors in our house (or laminate... we'll decide after the wedding), painting our kitchen cabinets, building bookshelves, and doing lots of home renovations! I also have plans to really dig in to my '73 vw camper bus renovation.

I'll be so happy when wedding planning is over!

• Tammy
    Expert September 2015
    Tammy ·

Ours is home projects. Bathroom and kitchen are number one on the list to get painted. We also need to replace the front steps on our house, but are trying to decide if we want to go with a small wooden deck or just put cement steps back in.

We're also going to get into honeymoon planning. It took us forever to decide where to go, so after the wedding we are just doing a mini-moon and doing the full out thing next fall.

• DeniseD
    Master May 2015
    DeniseD ·

We are busy getting ready for baby and fixing the house for the baby.

We sent the thank you cards two weeks ago (finally). Next week we are getting new windows and carpet for the bedrooms. DH is painting 2 of the bedrooms (we painted the master already) since the rooms are empty and there is no carpet to mess up.

We still need to order wedding photos, select photos for the album. We are crazy insanely busy right now.

Comment on this discussion