Augustbride
Expert August 2013

Wedding shoes

Augustbride, on June 22, 2013 at 10:01 AM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 38
Saved Save

GM ladies! how many of you are wearing 4-6 inch heels for your wedding? and if you're already married how high were your shoes? I like so many shoes i dont know if i should go for high and uncomfortable or low and comfortable? any thoughts?

38 Comments

• Sarah D.
    VIP March 2013
    Sarah D. ·

I went with my comfy cowboy boots. They are me, and safer! I'm a total klutz. And I still tripped down the aisle.

• Michele
    Super July 2013
    Michele ·

I got 3 inch uncomfortable and am regretting it already! I am hoping the more I wear them, the more comfortable they will get!

• ♥MrsC♥
    VIP July 2013
    ♥MrsC♥ ·

Mine are 4 inch but can't say if they are comfy or uncomfy I haven't gotten to wear them much.

• Leanna
    Devoted May 2015
    Leanna ·

I own super tall heels and have worn them out dancing, You don't want your feet to feel like there on fire and be limping. So if you choose high heels maybe you should have a comfy pair for when you can't take it anymore.

• Jess08
    Super July 2013
    Jess08 ·

I'm wearing alittle over 2 inches. I do not want to be uncomfortable at the wedding.

• Chrissy
    Expert June 2014
    Chrissy ·

I'm probably going to wear some cute sandals or low wedges. I plan to dance all night and will not have my feet hurting.

• Hot chocolate
    VIP November 2013
    Hot chocolate ·

I am wearing 4 inch heels that a stable and somewhat comfortable. I have cute flats for the reception. I am only wearing the wedding shoes for the ceremony and pictures

• Augustbride
    Expert August 2013
    Augustbride ·

Thank you ladies! i will get some hot high heels for ceremony and pictures and get some flats for the reception.

• Leonie
    Super September 2013
    Leonie ·

I have 4 inch heels and hopefully they will be ok. The only thing with changing into flats is the length of your dress, you don't want to be tripping on it all night.

• kahlcara
    Master August 2013
    kahlcara ·

I bought 3 1/2 or 4 inch for the wedding and then bought myself and the BM's flipflops from DB for the reception and dancing.

• OhHeyItsIna
    Master November 2014
    OhHeyItsIna ·

Mine are 4inch, I wear them on days off!

• M2H
    Master September 2013
    M2H ·

Mine are 4 inch for the ceremony then 4.5 for the ceremony. But i LOVE to dance in heels. I feel awkward in flats so i'm not worried about it. I especially wanted something a little bit taller for the reception so i can really be sure to not step on my dress.

• Bee
    VIP January 2013
    Bee ·

I got both. But ended up wearing only the flip flops!

• Mrs. C
    VIP September 2013
    Mrs. C ·

Mine are 4 inches, and if could go higher, I would (FH is 5' 7"). They aren't uncomfortable. I do have a pair of flip flops for the reception though.

• BalletShoesRachel
    VIP September 2014
    BalletShoesRachel ·

The comfort of the shoe depends more on the build of the shoe than the heel height. You should look for a shoe with a supportive arch, first and foremost, as well as a shoe with a space that feels right for your toes and the ball of the foot. I, personally, will be wearing a pair of Steve Maddens, with either a 4- or 5-inch heel. I love my 6-inchers, but I don't want to look taller than my honey!

• Sarina
    Super May 2014
    Sarina ·

I am changing my shoes. My ceremony shoes are 4-5 inch ivory to match my dress. Then I plan to change into some different high heel for the reception (still haven't found these) and ending the night in some flats!FH is 6'4 so high was never an issue... I love heels! Beauty is pain!

• Kim
    Master June 2014
    Kim ·

Mine, that I'm ordering, is about a 4" heel. They apparently are pretty comfy. They have padded leather and all. They're simply gorgeous. Check out some Rachel Simpson shoes. They get on the pricey side and you have to order from the UK but if you're wearing them all day, it may be worth it. I used to wear 6" stilettos but I just can't do it anymore lol.

• ForeverMyLove
    Master December 2014
    ForeverMyLove ·

Mine are 4.5". However, I have a comfortable pair of blinged out flip flops I will change into just in case.

• MinD
    VIP June 2013
    MinD ·

Just wore 4 1/2" heels ... in the grass at my outdoor garden wedding. No issues with comfort or walking, but I did kick those puppies off when the dancing got going during the reception

• Private User
    VIP July 2013
    Private User ·

Mine are between 4 and 5" didn't have to hem my dress.

Comment on this discussion