Alexis
Dedicated July 2019

Veils Anyone?

Alexis, on January 9, 2019 at 2:33 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 91
Saved Save

What's everyone doing as far as veils? I didn't expect to, but while dress shopping I tried on a cathedral veil and fell in love! I was nervous about it being looked at as too dramatic (especially since otherwise the theme of my wedding is more cutesy than grandeur) but my bridesmaids convinced me to go with what I love and that it's my day to be as grandeur as I want. Is anyone else doing this type of veil? I found that with my dress being a layered ball gown, shorter veils were sort of lost and/or didn't blend well. The long veil had embroidery that matched the bodice of my dress and when extended out past the end of my dress it seemed to flow so well. Is anyone doing a traditional double tier veil to cover your face? I liked the idea but it wouldn't work with my hairstyle. What about those of you doing short or no veil? Do you think my veil will be looked at as over the top?

91 Comments

• MrsV1027
    Master October 2018
    MrsV1027 ·
    • Flag

When I was dress shopping I was 100% against veils after trying some on. Turns out they just weren't the right ones. I kept having this nagging thought of wanting to look for one so I kept my eyes open and found the perfect veil for me! My mom was shocked since I told her absolutely no veil when she tried getting me to wear hers....which I wore the first time I got married. That was a definite hard no.

Here's my veil!

Veils Anyone? 1

Veils Anyone? 2

• Yoice
    Rockstar March 2019
    Yoice ·
    • Flag
    I’m a veil girl! I think no matter what the theme or style of your wedding you never go wrong with a veil. Is just for the ceremony.
    I have a cathedral veil as well and it has a small double tier. I do not plan on covering my face I just felt in love with how my dress looks with this specific style of veil.
    When I did make up and hair trial I loved how I looked but when I put my veil I got tear eyes. I felt like a true bride.
    If you like it go for it! Do it! It would look amazing with your ball gown.
  • Yoice
    Rockstar March 2019
    Yoice ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Wow so beautiful!
  • Alexis
    Dedicated July 2019
    Alexis ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That's beautiful!

• earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    • Flag

I had my dress and veil custom made and chose to wear a cathedral lace edged veil. I really wanted the lace on the veil to frame my face and dress and loved how romantic it looked. I only wore the veil for the first look, pictures before the ceremony and then the ceremony.

No, I don't think your veil will be looked as over the top! The cathedral veils are very popular plus I think everyone expects the bride to be dramatically gorgeous!

Veils Anyone? 3

Veils Anyone? 4

Veils Anyone? 5

• Alexis
    Dedicated July 2019
    Alexis ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you! I was feeling self conscious, but it helps to hear from other brides on the subject and get a little affirmation Smiley smile

• Chandra
    Master May 2019
    Chandra ·
    • Flag
    This is my veil!! My mom wanted me to have something that she wore on her wedding day. Since she was like a size 10 and I am not....that wasnt an option, so I chose her veil!

Veils Anyone? 6
  • Alexis
    Dedicated July 2019
    Alexis ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Oh wow, so beautiful and I love the detail!

• earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you!

• Alexis
    Dedicated July 2019
    Alexis ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

So pretty, and I love the sentiment behind it. It makes it very special.

• Angerra
    VIP August 2019
    Angerra ·
    • Flag
    I was indifferent about having a veil. Once I decided on my dress, the consultant brought over a cathedral length veil and I did not like it; I felt like my head was being pulled back.
    She brought the fingertip length version over and I liked it so much better! I still could have done without but my mom was so excited about the veil, I had to oblige her.
    So I'll have a simple, single layer fingertip length veil; no blusher!

Veils Anyone? 7
  • C
    Super July 2019
    Crystal ·
    • Flag
    I still have absolutely no clue if I want a veil or not lol
  • Alexis
    Dedicated July 2019
    Alexis ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I curious, what kind of dress are you doing?

• Alexis
    Dedicated July 2019
    Alexis ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Have you done dress shopping at all? I think your mind can totally change once you see different types paired with your dress

• C
    Super July 2019
    Crystal ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes I have bought my dress and all the alterations are done. I've tried veils with it and I like the idea I just couldnt find one i like i thought ehhh for them all lol. I have no clue if I'm doing one or not. I have to do my own hair so I'm unsure of how if I want to do it because I still haven't figured out 100% what I'm doing with my hair lol
  • Devoted November 2019
    ·
    • Flag
    Hi Alexis. I do not feel it would be too much. As your bridesmaids said, it’s your day. 😊 Do what makes you happy. I haven’t decided what I want to do. At first I said no and I was going to do extensions to make my hair look thicker. I have such thin hair 🥺. The more I thought about it I would spend so much money on fake hair that a veil started to sound good. So when I go look this weekend I’ll try some on, see how I feel. I am getting married on the beach with my ‘aisle’ being the pier but if I find a cathedral length veil I love, I’ll definitely wear it.
  • Gen
    Master June 2019
    Gen ·
    • Flag
    I seriously don’t think there is such thing as “over the top” when you are the bride! lol. My dress is relatively simple, as I bought it back when I thought my wedding would be much more casual than it turned out to be haha. I still love my dress and never even thought about getting a new one, but I realized getting a cathedral veil dressed it up juuust enough without going overboard! So I’m biased to loving cathedral veils. I can’t wait to wear mine!
  • Angerra
    VIP August 2019
    Angerra ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Here's a picture! I cared more about the dress than the veil so sorry it doesn't show it more.

Veils Anyone? 8
  • Devoted November 2019
    ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Angerra I may have said this in a different post if not I know I have said it out loud to my phone LOL but you look AMAZING. That dress is so beautiful 😍
  • D
    Dedicated July 2019
    Dayna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s veil is stunning!!

Comment on this discussion