Jolly
Dedicated July 2016

Veil Away.....which one are you?

Jolly, on April 23, 2016 at 9:49 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 35
Saved Save

Here's a list I found...

Blusher:The blusher is a short, single layer veil worn over your face during the ceremony, then flipped back over the head or removed before “kiss the bride.” You can wear a blusher solo or with a longer veil.

Flyaway: The flyaway veil is multi-layered and barely brushes the shoulders. This veil is appropriate for more casual looks.

Elbow: As the name implies, an elbow length veil extends to your elbows, providing the grace of a veil without overpowering your dress. This style is very popular for more casual weddings.

Finger Tip: The finger tip veil extends to your fingertips when your arms are hanging naturally.

Chapel: The chapel veil extends to the floor, falling 2.5 yards from your headpiece and flowing over your train. This veil complements the length of your train.

Cathedral: The cathedral veil – or royal veil

35 Comments

• Beth
    Expert July 2016
    Beth ·
    • Flag

Not quite chapel length. My mom made it for me and it's maybe mid calf?

• annakay511
    Master July 2015
    annakay511 ·
    • Flag

I wore a cathedral length veil with a blusher. I LOOVED my veil!! I NEVER expected to have a long veil or a blusher, never! I always envisioned myself in an elbow-length veil, but when I tried them on it really didn't do anything for me. When we put the cathedral length veil on, I fell in love! It made me truly feel like a bride.

• Jolly
    Dedicated July 2016
    Jolly ·
    • Flag

@annakay that looks amazing!

• OG Dianna
    Master March 2017
    OG Dianna ·
    • Flag

Cathedral. I really didn't have any idea until I went dress shopping and they placed a cathedral veil on me to "complete the look". I knew from that moment on I had to have one for my wedding day.

• MrsBest2B
    Master June 2016
    MrsBest2B ·
    • Flag

Cathedral for me! No blusher. My mom and I actually just added my lace appliques to it today. Took pictures, but no one sent them to me :-/

• Patricia
    Savvy September 2016
    Patricia ·
    • Flag

I have a finger tip veil. I can't wait to wear it! I found one that actually matches the silver/gold stitching on my gown! I was married before, but this is my first veil!

• Mrswelch
    Master December 2017
    Mrswelch ·
    • Flag

Cathedral length with a blusher!

• Cupcake
    Super July 2016
    Cupcake ·
    • Flag

Fingertip for me! We are getting married outside so I didn't think something too long would be a good idea.

• Soon2BMrsB
    VIP October 2016
    Soon2BMrsB ·
    • Flag

Mine is a two layer elbow length veil. I would have liked longer, but we did it this way because I wanted a double layer to help cover a small birth mark on my back.

• Rebecca
    VIP June 2016
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

I will be wearing the same cathedral length veil my sister wore at her wedding! The lace on it is just beautiful. It will be my something borrowed Smiley smile

• Amanda
    VIP October 2016
    Amanda ·
    • Flag

I wanted elbow but I ended up with fingertip. I'm torn on if I'll wear it for the wedding or just bridal portraits.

• Beth
    Expert July 2016
    Beth ·
    • Flag

So I was kind of debating just wearing mine for the ceremony and photos, and then taking it off for the reception. Since it's on the longer side, I feel like it'd be easier. What did everyone else plan/do in that respect?

• FallforLindahl
    VIP June 2017
    FallforLindahl ·
    • Flag

I'm wearing an elbow veil! I didn't want anything in my face when I see my FH for the first time!

• FutureMrsCarlstad
    VIP November 2016
    FutureMrsCarlstad ·
    • Flag

I have a fingertip veil, but am really wanting a chapel length with a blusher! Or a cathedral length with blusher.

• therightLane
    Master October 2017
    therightLane ·
    • Flag

I believe mine is elbow which I really loved since the focus is on the dress. I could be wrong and it could be fingertip. I can't remember.

• Yourlilfig
    VIP August 2016
    Yourlilfig ·
    • Flag

I have a fingertip veil. My mom chose it and it goes perfectly with my dress Smiley smile

• mlw
    Master December 2016
    mlw ·
    • Flag

Elbow with blusher.... but I am considering flipping it so the blusher adds poof. Mine is trimmed in a thicker satin trim, so I can get away with it Smiley winking

• Sarah G.
    Expert June 2016
    Sarah G. ·
    • Flag

Mine falls between elbow and fingertip, no blusher. It goes perfect with my dress.

• Liz
    Super March 2016
    Liz ·
    • Flag

Thought I was going to go short- ended up with a fingertip that I loved!

• Belle
    Super May 2016
    Belle ·
    • Flag

Cathedral-ish with blusher. We just trimmed the silk today but I still need to hem it. But I'm also switching to a birdcage veil for the reception because I don't want to drag such a crazy long veil around during dinner.

Comment on this discussion