Lora
Super April 2014

UPDATE pics in comments: Review of my China dress

Lora, on February 25, 2014 at 2:29 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 35
Saved Save

January 20th I ordered my wedding dress from Lightinthebox.com.

it arrived today (after briefly being lost by the company)

Well I only have crappy pictures so far (check back tomorrow lol) but I'm in love! I think its Stunning!! VERY true to the picture, no wonky hems, long enough (which is awesome because I'm 6 feet), no rips or stains, a very well put in zipper, Crinoline, typical bridal material, it feels just like all of the dresses I tried on. I am VERY impressed with my China dress because I honestly wasn't expecting much.

The only negative thing I will say is that I ordered custom sizing and it is too big. I will have to get it altered down so that it isn't sliding off lol.

35 Comments

• D
    Master May 2014
    D ·

The pic you have is hard to tell but glad it worked out for you. You are one of the lucky ones : )

• Manhattan Bride
    Devoted November 2014
    Manhattan Bride ·

So glad it worked out! Yay, great news! And better too big than too small!

• Lora
    Super April 2014
    Lora ·

Yea I'll post better pictures later, just me and FH home so I had to kick him out of the bedroom and could only take cellphone pics lol

• C
    Master July 2014
    csquid ·

I'm so glad it worked out for you! You're the third person I've now heard great things from about lightinthebox.com

• Lora
    Super April 2014
    Lora ·

They do pretty well! All of the girls in my city's wedding swap said great things about them, really helped bring down the anxiety while I was waiting on it lol

• MrsNewvine
    VIP September 2014
    MrsNewvine ·

I'm so glad you had a positive experience!

• Kristin
    Super April 2014
    Kristin ·

I think that as long as you're happy with it, that is what matters. You do need to put up some better pictures though I feel as though you're teasing us with the cell phone pictures.

• TheOGJesse's Girl
    Master March 2014
    TheOGJesse's Girl ·

Glad you had a good experience!

• Donna
    Master June 2014
    Donna ·

So glad you are happy with your dress! The material looks beautiful in the picture.

• Piecesofadream
    Master June 2014
    Piecesofadream ·

Good for you!!! Make sure you get those pockets put in there too!

• Lora
    Super April 2014
    Lora ·

HAHAH! POAD! I was just talking with FH about the pockets! He thinks I am bonkers because of how bad I want pockets!

• Officially Mrs. Walden
    Super March 2015
    Officially Mrs. Walden ·

Glad your happy. Yes post a clearer pic when you have the chance. From what I can see it looks good

• kristenann
    Master October 2014
    kristenann ·

So happy it turned out well!!!

• Cindy
    Beginner July 2014
    Cindy ·

Happy to hear you like it, post pics when you get it altered =)

• Michele
    VIP August 2014
    Michele ·

Glad you had a good experience with them and your dress looks beautiful..

Good Luck and Happy Planning

• OhHeyItsIna
    Master November 2014
    OhHeyItsIna ·

Light in the box is a site I trust more than ebay or alibaba. I've seen two happy brides from that site. I'm glad it worked out for you! Looking forwards to seeing it fitted

• Kimberly
    Devoted May 2014
    Kimberly ·

So glad to read your review. I ordered a dress from them because it was so cute and they had it for a $100 off so I decided it was worth a try. I should receive it in the next week or so.

• tiki monkey-buns
    VIP March 2014
    tiki monkey-buns ·

I'm so glad it worked out for you and that you're happy with your dress!

I didn't get my wedding gown from them, but I did use Light In The Box for other things and have been very happy with them. I got my headpiece, veil, and bridesmaids dresses & chiffon wrap/shawl there, and it's all been great!

• Happy In Hawaii
    Master July 2015
    Happy In Hawaii ·

That's really great that you loved it! I got a dress from there that I wore as a guest to a wedding and it turned out great, a little big in the top though. Nothing too difficult to fix though which was great. I always wondered what their wedding dresses were like, glad you got lucky!!

• kob8
    Savvy November 2014
    kob8 ·

Glad to hear it came out well! I found a dress for my shower from there that I love but heard horror stories about shipping. Maybe since you had a great experience I could give it a try. Did you have to pay extra shipping at the post office?

Comment on this discussion