Becky
Super September 2014

undergarments...

Becky, on March 12, 2014 at 2:44 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 13
Saved Save

I don't know a better way to find this out, so I'm completely embarrassed, but here goes:

I'm trying to shop for bridal lingerie and can't figure out undergarment details.

I have a strapless bra that works great with my dress, so even though it's not exciting, I'll be wearing that. But I'm a little worried about not being "fresh" by the evening after a day outside in early September under a layers of taffeta.

For undergarments/underwear, are you wearing you're "pretty stuff"/lingerie under your dress or comfy stuff and changing before your wedding night? My FH are waiting until we're married to have sex, so these are important details!

13 Comments

• Kelsey
    Expert May 2015
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag

I'm wearing the stuff that makes my dress look good and then changing. With being under that many layers and all of the dancing, I can picture me being hot and sweaty and nobody wants that lol

• TheOGJesse's Girl
    Master March 2014
    TheOGJesse's Girl ·
    • Flag

I had the pretty blue/white undies that said "bride" in glitter on the butt, lol.

• Angel
    Super March 2014
    Angel ·
    • Flag

Nothing to be embarassed about girlie :-)

Me and FH waited too, so I know how you feel.

But I did wear cute undergarments under my dress not because FH was going to see them but because i wanted to feel pretty under my dress lol

But I did not wear the same undergarments on my honeymoon night that I did for my wedding. We drove halfway to our honeymoon destination (2 hours) right after the wedding, so we both took a shower and freshened up for the honeymoon night. Between my wedding and the honeymoon night was like 9 hours lol. You should defintely wanna change Smiley smile

Yall can even take a shower together, make it fun Smiley smile

• rusticbride
    Master May 2014
    rusticbride ·
    • Flag

I'm wearing the practical, tummy sucking stuff during the wedding. I'll get out of all of that unattractive stuff before even participating in wedding night activities. I'll have a cute lingerie outfit and will probably rinse off/freshen up before getting into it. Either that or the basis of our wedding night will be water related since we are having a Jacuzzi suite Smiley winking

• Meilani
    Devoted July 2014
    Meilani ·
    • Flag

I'm wearing comfy undies and taking a few minutes to freshen up and change in the hotel that night. I'm not in the position of waiting until my wedding night to have sex, but I will still want to be fresher than will be possible after a humid day in a wedding dress. I would rather have to take a minute to change than spend hours with uncomfortable but pretty underwear that no one can see.

• CeCe
    Master May 2014
    CeCe ·
    • Flag

I'm wearing comfy stuff under my wedding dress, and then telling FH I need to take a quick shower, and changing in to something sexier after the shower. I know, I will want a shower! As should he. My dress is really easy to take on and off though, so that makes it a bit of a different situation.

• Ashley
    VIP September 2014
    Ashley ·
    • Flag

I will be wearing comfy undies since no one will be able to see them and then taking a quick shower and changing into something sexier after..

• serenity523
    Super June 2014
    serenity523 ·
    • Flag

I have a pretty lace bustier for sucking everything in under my dress. I'll most likely do those cute lacey blue or white undies with the i do or whatever on them. Depends on how I feel at the end of the day whether I change or not. I'll have an extra set of things to wear, since I have other stuff for the boudoir shoot I'm doing as FH's wedding present.

• D
    Master May 2014
    D ·
    • Flag

I think you should wear whatever feels good and makes your dress look good.

You will want to freshen up anyway...so at that time you can put on some sexy undies.

• Abby
    VIP May 2014
    Abby ·
    • Flag

I have been having this same dilema! I want to be sexy underneath but I know I will be sweaty from getting my groove on! Still undecided, I may not make a decision until that day :/

• Lora
    Super April 2014
    Lora ·
    • Flag

My pretty cute sexy stuff isn't strapless so obviously won't be worn under my dress!

I'm going to shower and put on the hot stuff when we come home.

• Riki
    Master August 2014
    Riki ·
    • Flag

Shapewear hunty...There will be 50lbs of lycra on these thighs...I can only imagine what is going to happen when I take it all off...We live together anyway...He won't be surprised...LMAO!

• GrayCatVintage
    Master October 2015
    GrayCatVintage ·
    • Flag

I have a "shapewear" thing that I have to wear with my dress because it is sheath and it is satin. Never in my life did I ever think I would need to wear "shapewear" (I am tall and thin) BUT in a clingy satin dress you can see the outline of your underwear plain as day and I did not want people looking at it. If I were you, wear something that makes your dress look fab because you will sweat and feel gross no matter what. Then, after the wedding take a bath and put on something sexy then.

Comment on this discussion