Trixie325
Super October 2016

Show me your non traditional guest book! Or your inspiration!

Trixie325, on April 30, 2016 at 8:14 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 66
Saved Save

I'll be making mine on Tuesday, it'll be pallet art to hang in our home Smiley smile

66 Comments

• FutureMrsH
    Expert May 2016
    FutureMrsH ·
    • Flag

We ordered a canvas "guestbook" from etsy and it's GORGEOUS! Here is the link to the kind that we got: https://www.etsy.com/listing/162652561/custom-wedding-guest-book-alternative?ref=shop_home_active_8

• BecomingBailey
    VIP August 2016
    BecomingBailey ·
    • Flag

I bought a bunch of old windows for decor and one will be the guest book and then we'll hang it in the house.

• SailawaySomppi
    VIP April 2018
    SailawaySomppi ·
    • Flag

We are having our guests add a different colored layer to our large sand unity vase and write us a note with which color they chose and a piece of advice Smiley smile cant wait to display it!!

• Kathryn
    Super July 2016
    Kathryn ·
    • Flag

I just ordered one from peachwik today. It will have the states we grew up in and we can pick 3 different colors!

• Elena
    Super June 2017
    Elena ·
    • Flag

Love them.all - esp the canvas BC it can be super DIY and u can look at it every day Smiley smile

• mlw
    Master December 2016
    mlw ·
    • Flag

I have two. One is going to be like a yearbook style with all our engagement pictures in it for everyone to sign. The other will be ornaments, for people to sign and hang on a tree. I had considered a "bucket list" idea, but I didn't want to do too much.

• Charity
    Super October 2016
    Charity ·
    • Flag

I haven't decided on one yet, but I love the Peachwik ones!

http://peachwik.com/darkwood-guestbook-tree/

• N
    Dedicated August 2016
    Noel ·
    • Flag

Got this from etsy and it's made to look like us and we even got to include our pets! Got an awesome groupon for a 16x20 canvas print for less than $25 including shipping! Had to hide the dress from the FH because they even copied what that looks like too!

• Mrs.Hawks
    Master October 2016
    Mrs.Hawks ·
    • Flag

We are ordering this one at the end of the week! https://www.etsy.com/listing/244540921/large-big-wedding-guestbook-poster

• Steffany
    Super August 2016
    Steffany ·
    • Flag

I found this on the WW Facebook site. I'm going to make my own and have a basket or something for guests to put them in.

• S&P
    Master January 2017
    S&P ·
    • Flag

I wasn't going to do a guestbook until someone posted their guest letter

• Sarah H.
    Master September 2016
    Sarah H. ·
    • Flag

We're ordering something that looks like this.

• AMW
    Master September 2016
    AMW ·
    • Flag

We are having a small wedding, but I seriously was so weirdly obsessed with this one really strange idea.

I wanted to get one of those vending machines that releases the balls, and put small candies into each one. Then the guests would write their well wishes on a slip of paper, stick it back inside, and drop it back into the machine.

I know. So weird. But I saw something a tiny bit similar in a wedding concept thread and I cannot stop thinking about how fun it would be, especially for kids. They sell some that don't require money to use, and have slots at the top to insert them in. The favors/guestbook wouldn't have to be combined, but it was just such a strange idea.

We're just doing little mini cards people can write on. Nothing special.

• Cuddlebum09
    Savvy August 2016
    Cuddlebum09 ·
    • Flag

@Noel where did you get that exactly on etsy??! I love that and such an amazing idea!!!

• Laura
    WeddingWire Administrator June 2010
    Laura Online ·
    • Flag

We had two. One was a book with our engagement pictures in it, and the other was a quilt that DH's aunt made for us.

• JaKLyn
    Master November 2015
    JaKLyn ·
    • Flag

We ordered the design off of Etsy and printed a poster through VistaPrint. We love having it hang in our living room and it was a fun and easy way to involve our cat since he couldn't actually be there.

• TravelWife
    Devoted October 2016
    TravelWife ·
    • Flag

I'm really leaning toward this one I found!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/253063922/alternative-atlanta-skyline-wedding?ref=cat_gallery_1

• MrsBest2B
    Master June 2016
    MrsBest2B ·
    • Flag

Made ours on Shutterfly using our engagement pictures

• Kelly
    Super July 2016
    Kelly ·
    • Flag

We're using a lawn size Jenga. Small wedding so each guest can sign a piece and a special piece with our names and date!

• Mrs_MLF
    Super July 2016
    Mrs_MLF ·
    • Flag

We are using a board game. We collect and play board games so it fits us. The game is called Carcassonne and we're using the "Winter" edition because the tiles are white. Guests will be able to sign a tile and write a message. After the wedding we'll put the tiles together and frame it.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics