Carol
Super September 2018

Potential dress regret.

Carol, on May 24, 2018 at 1:31 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 24
Saved Save
So here is my issue with my dress. The top is an illusion, which I don’t like but I loved everything else. I decided I would wear a bustier under it so my skin doesn’t show through. I ordered the dress in ivory thinking the sown-in cups that don’t show your boobs would also come in ivory, although the consultants and managers were not quite sure. I’ve never seen this dress in all ivory (all pictures and samples are in Champagne) and the more I think about it, the more I think the cups will come in the nude color because it’s supposed to be illusion. And that makes me have serious dress regret because I think that will look funky. My wedding is in September, but the dress won’t be here until next month... any advice? Thoughts?? Opinions? I’ve attached pictures of the dress, then zoomed in so you can see the nude cups while everything else is ivory! Am I overthinking this?

Potential dress regret. 1

Potential dress regret. 2

Potential dress regret. 3

24 Comments

• futurmrslowe
    Super December 2018
    futurmrslowe ·
    • Flag

I don't think this is something anyone but you would notice. Smiley smile It's a beautiful dress and you look great in it!

• Mrs. Fall Bride
    Master October 2016
    Mrs. Fall Bride ·
    • Flag

Can they sew in a modesty panel in an ivory color before sewing in the cups?

• Jennifer
    Master September 2018
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

I think your dress as well as you in it look amazing!! I would not notice.

• Tara
    Master September 2018
    Tara ·
    • Flag
    Your dress is gorgeous😍 id say do as pp mentioned and ask for the modesty panel
  • SB
    VIP March 2019
    SB ·
    • Flag

That dress is beautiful! I don't think anyone would notice, I don't. BUT if they do come in and you just can't stand them or feel uncomfortable, any good seamstress/tailor should be able to fix that problem by adding in ivory ones if that's what you're looking for. Not sure why they wouldn't offer that option, but that's a very easy fix.

• Carol
    Super September 2018
    Carol ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Unfortunately no, they don’t have a panel for this dress. I could take it to another alterations place I will have to see, but my concern with taking it somewhere else is when I get to my wedding destination I won’t have a way to steam it, as David’s bridal told me I could steam it at any location. The cups are sown into the front of the dress it seems.
  • Private Users Shy
    Dedicated August 2018
    Private Users Shy ·
    • Flag
    I wouldn't have noticed it until you pointed it out. You look great I don't think anyone pay attention to that.
  • M
    Expert July 2018
    Melissa ·
    • Flag

I think it would be very strange if they kept the sewn in cups as champagne if you ordered it on all ivory, but I find it more concerning that the consultants wouldn't find that out for you before they ordered it if you asked them. The lace looks white, so I am thinking the ivory part is going to be the underneath which too me would mean even the cups. I hope it turns out the way you want it. Did you try looking up the dress on the internet to see if you can find a pictures?

• Carol
    Super September 2018
    Carol ·
    • Flag
    Okay thank you everyone! I’ll talk yo alterations if it comes in nude. I hope it all works out 😅 I do love this dress and will love it in ivory! I’m just nervous because I’ve been waiting since February and I still have another month to go!
  • ThePeoplesBride
    VIP October 2020
    ThePeoplesBride ·
    • Flag
    I don't think it would be terribly noticeable. Ask the person in charge of alterations if they could add a layer of ivory fabric as a lining and then attach the cups to the inside.
  • Carol
    Super September 2018
    Carol ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I did try to find pictures- and I actually work there as well! I don’t think a version of this dress has been created yet in pure ivory, also the reason why I have found ZERO photos of it in pure ivory, so no one but the top dogs know for sure! Maybe I can give corporate a call?
  • Tammy
    Super October 2018
    Tammy ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

When it comes in can you just 'set' the cups inside without having them sewn in and see how it looks? They did that for me at David's when I picked up my dress to see if I wanted padding or not in my dress but I assume they will hold in place tight enough to see what it looks like?

Also any David's will steam my dress? I am having a DW too and was worried about my dress an veil needing steamed (both purchased at David's and I'm doing alterations there too)

• M
    Expert July 2018
    Melissa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Corporate definitely should know what the colors are going to be on each part. If they don't know then I can't see how they would expect you to take the dress if it comes in different then how you ordered it..... "pure ivory". Regardless of how it comes in, I think it will be gorgeous and if a version of pure ivory has been done yet then you have a one of a kind dress. Smiley smile

• Carol
    Super September 2018
    Carol ·
    • Flag
    Thank you all so so much! Turns out the dress was delivered yesterday so I can find out very very soon if the cups are the right color! 😍 good thing I called corporate! I’ll receive a call from my store once it’s unpacked and hung up 💕 it was delivered a month earlier!
  • J
    Dedicated November 2018
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    That's a beautiful dress!
  • M
    Expert July 2018
    Melissa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Please let us know how it turned out! I hope it is still the dress of your dreams!

• DC Wife 10.27.18
    Master October 2018
    DC Wife 10.27.18 ·
    • Flag

I think you're overthinking it. Your dress is beautiful and you look amazing in it.

• B
    Expert September 2018
    Brittany ·
    • Flag

I think it looks great! If your nervous about it you could buy an undergarment and have the cups removed or replaced with the right color Smiley smile

• M
    Mim ·
    • Flag
    Take it to an independent seamstress. David's seriously overcharges. Any dry cleaner could steam it without a problem, or quite likely it won't need more than a steamy bathroom at your destination
  • Katie
    Dedicated October 2018
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    I’m having a hard time noticing what you’re concerned about so I’m sure people who aren’t aware won’t notice either. That dress looks beautiful on you!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics