MrsV1027
Master October 2018

Panic Mode

MrsV1027, on October 11, 2018 at 7:42 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 13
Saved Save

I finally went to DB to get a bra last night. The size they marked down from when I bought my dress barely went on and the cups were way too big. Made no sense. So 2 more tries and we got the right size but it's a bigger size and now I'm in panic mode that my dress won't fit. I can't reach to zip it myself so I haven't had a chance to try it on. It's tea length and it fit perfect when I bought it in January so I have had no reason to go to a seamstress for a fitting. And now I'm freaking that it won't fit. We fly out in 13 days. My friend is coming over tonight to help me try it on. I'm so scared it's not going to zip. I woke up at 3 am and couldn't fall asleep because I was panicking so hard. Ughhh why oh why did I avoid getting the bra to try it on with a friend for so long. I really don't know what I'll do if it doesn't fit. This is wedding season so I don't even know if I'd be able to find a seamstress to fix it in less than 2 weeks.

13 Comments

• Future Mrs. H
    Rockstar September 2019
    Future Mrs. H ·

Aw, breathe! Everything is going to be ok. I am sure your seamstress will be able to make it work! They're often referred to as "miracle workers" for a reason, lol. Please stop back and let us know how everything goes tonight! Good luck!

• Fiona
    Expert October 2018
    Fiona ·
    I’m sure it’ll be fine. Often the area that is effected if something changes is the waist. What did you wear when you tried it on the first time?
  • DC Wife 10.27.18
    Master October 2018
    DC Wife 10.27.18 ·

Its going to be ok!! Take a deep breath. See what happens tonight and go from there. We still have plenty of time!! We are date twins lady...you freak out....I freak out!!!

• Kenisha
    Champion June 2019
    Kenisha ·
    Try it on first before you start panicking.
  • MrsV1027
    Master October 2018
    MrsV1027 ·
    View Quoted Comment

I used a corset bra at the store which is actually the bra I went back to purchase last night. Thankfully it's not a mermaid or fit and flare so it's a smaller area that is tight. I'm a worrier by nature so of course until I actually get it on I can't think about anything else lol

Panic Mode 1

• MrsV1027
    Master October 2018
    MrsV1027 ·
    View Quoted Comment

We are getting so close ahhhhhh. I told my coworkers if they don't see me tomorrow it's because I'm driving around Columbus hunting down seamstresses lol

• DC Wife 10.27.18
    Master October 2018
    DC Wife 10.27.18 ·
    View Quoted Comment

LOL!!! You gotta do whatcha gotta do!! What else do you have to do? I have checklists of checklists of checklists full of little things that are driving me batty. I wish I was going to Vegas with you instead!! LOL

• MOB So Cal
    January 2019
    MOB So Cal ·

Good luck! I'm guessing it will be perfect, but understand your anxiety until you actually try it on! If you need last minute alterations, try checking with your regular dry cleaner -- they often do alterations or may be able to refer you to someone they know who won't necessarily be part of the busy "wedding circuit."

PS -- after hearing a million stories about David's mess-ups, I'd guess it's quite possible they just wrote down the wrong size originally. Also, the fact that the cups were way too big suggests you may actually be smaller than you were when you first tried it on. Hang in and let us know how it goes tonight!

• Victoria
    VIP October 2018
    Victoria ·
    If they tried it on you, it's possible the one you tried on with your dress was also a sample, which would be stretched out and that would be why you're needing a bigger size now.

I thought my dress was too small too, but sure enough, it zipped right up at the seamstress. I bet you're fine! And if not, 13 days is a good amount of time to find a seamstress to take sympathy on you and squeeze you in. 😊
  • MrsV1027
    Master October 2018
    MrsV1027 ·
    View Quoted Comment

I still need to get an outfit and shoes for my son, FH needs his outfit and shoes and I need to make sure my dress will fit. We need to reserve somewhere nice to eat Sunday for just the two of us after the wedding but we've got the itinerary from the venue and my hair/makeup is now booked and our night before parties are all set up. I feel like I'm forgetting something. I need to make a list of all the stuff to pack and start packing things like the cake toppers and ties and stuff. We just got our new suit cases the other day and they are HUGE! I think maybe if I make a nice checklist it will calm my nerves. Doesn't help that the project I'm helping with at work that should have been wrapped up last month turns more into a s**t show on a daily basis. Like I literally am ready to grab popcorn and watch it all go down since none of the fall out is my fault ha

• MrsV1027
    Master October 2018
    MrsV1027 ·
    View Quoted Comment

That's what I'm hoping. I was just glad I tried on the bra last night before just buying the one they claimed was the right size. It would have worked but I wouldn't have been able to eat or breath if I ate anything but you'd sure get a show from the cups being too big lol. My coworker was like if it's too small I can take it in. I just laughed. There's 0% chance that it's too small lol.

• DC Wife 10.27.18
    Master October 2018
    DC Wife 10.27.18 ·
    View Quoted Comment

I am so glad you said FH doesn't have his outfit yet because every time I walk into the closet and see my FH still UN-TAILORED suit I want to SCREAM!!!! Yes make lists. It has really helped calm my nerves. Even if something isn't on the list but I get it done I add it to the list just to cross it off. It must be some sort of mental thing but, it is really helping me stay focused, motivated and SANE....or as sane as possible at this point. We are prepping for ACA Open Enrollment at work so the stress is REAL!! I cannot wait to get a break from all of this!!

• MrsV1027
    Master October 2018
    MrsV1027 ·
    View Quoted Comment

Oh I hadn't thought of going to a dry cleaner! I don't actually have one but if the one seamstress I know of won't work out I'll try reaching out to the dry cleaner near me. I'm reallllly hoping it zips up but it's always good to have options to fix it.

Comment on this discussion