Carole M (a.k.a "old tart")
Master October 2011

My DIY First Anniversary Present(Pics) - Thank You Marissa R!

Carole M (a.k.a "old tart"), on September 27, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Posted in Wedding Attire 53

A week or so ago I posted asking for paper anniversary suggestions. Marissa R shared an Etsy link of a pic of a roll of first anniversary toilet paper. She remembered we had gotten engaged in the bathroom. Also, considering Frank's colon cancer diagnosis, and the fact that he says I always blow...

A week or so ago I posted asking for paper anniversary suggestions. Marissa R shared an Etsy link of a pic of a roll of first anniversary toilet paper. She remembered we had gotten engaged in the bathroom.

Also, considering Frank's colon cancer diagnosis, and the fact that he says I always blow smoke up his arse, I DIY my own first anniversary toilet paper.

We are getting out of Dodge Saturday morning. Our anniversary cake is on order and we have a bottle of champagne left. I can hardly wait.

53 Comments

• lov3ualways
    VIP July 2013
    lov3ualways ·
    • Flag

It's a perfect present . I think he'll love it !

• Rachel S.
    Master September 2013
    Rachel S. ·
    • Flag

What a great gift!! And happy anniversary to you two love birds!

• FutureMrsC.
    VIP May 2013
    FutureMrsC. ·
    • Flag

LOL!!!!!!!! OMG HOW FUNNY! That is so sweet and cute! I love it. Happy Anniversary. Have a great time!

• EdubbsWife™
    Master October 2011
    EdubbsWife™ ·
    • Flag

Too cute, and absolutely perfect for you all. Where are you all going? We're headed back to DC where we took our mini moon last year.

• Spicydeene
    VIP October 2012
    Spicydeene ·
    • Flag

Congrats on your 1st year anniversary!!! LOVE the gifts!!

• Kathy
    Master July 2010
    Kathy ·
    • Flag

Wow! I cannot believe a year has gone by!

Happy Anniversary, Carole.

I love the toilet paper gift.

• Heather
    VIP May 2013
    Heather ·
    • Flag

LOL so cute!!! What a great idea, how did he react? I didn't read any other posts so I might be asking again sorry! Happy anniversary and have a great vacation :-)

• ~*DesigningBride12*~
    VIP September 2012
    ~*DesigningBride12*~ ·
    • Flag

WOW Carole Is been a year already!! Congrats. That gift is hilarious!! Congrats And Have a great time!!!

• Emily
    VIP August 2015
    Emily ·
    • Flag

Lol to cute!

• Marisa
    Super October 2012
    Marisa ·
    • Flag

Oh my goodness. You're so very welcome. After seeing that and remembering your story I thought it fit well. Your DIY looks amazing!!!

• tiedaknot™
    Master March 2013
    tiedaknot™ ·
    • Flag

Congrats Carole =)

• Mrs. Wilson
    VIP August 2013
    Mrs. Wilson ·
    • Flag

I think its a very cute idea for the 1 yr gift

• Lala
    Master May 2012
    Lala ·
    • Flag

I haven't been on much since the wedding.....but I'm so glad I signed on today and saw this! It made me laugh!! That's awesome! And I can't believe it's been a year already. Wow......

• Ashley
    VIP August 2012
    Ashley ·
    • Flag

Haha omg Carol I love it ... That is awesome!!

• JJ
    VIP October 2011
    JJ ·
    • Flag

So cute and fitting! Happy Anniversary date twin!

• Carole M (a.k.a "old tart")
    Master October 2011
    Carole M (a.k.a "old tart") ·
    • Flag

Thank you so much for your kind words ladies! It means a lot. I will not give him the present until after he opens the "real" present(a framed pic of us at Cate's RD with my vows to him on the back). I know the pic and vows will make my mushy old Italian tart cry. Yup, he is a big sentimental man. This way the TP will make him laugh.

EDubbs, Have an awesome First Anniversary! We are hitting our venue to say hello to the owner and then hitting NH and ME. Enjoy DC! I still can't believe it has been a year.

JJ...Happy Anniversary! How will you be celebrating?

• JJ
    VIP October 2011
    JJ ·
    • Flag

I made a scrapbook with 366 reasons why I love him (one for everyday of the leap year) with little gifts to go along with them. He's getting them a few pages at a time starting this morning. So far he's gotten gift card for gelato (mutual love of gelato), nuts (because I'm nuts about him), cinnamom bun (because he's got nice buns), and a 1st aid kit (don't ask.....!) We're going to NYC tomorrow to shop and have a nice dinner.

I love that as soon as I logged in I saw your post. But then I got distracted by all the BS drama that's been going on. Gotta say, I kinda feel bad for the brides still planning their weddings....

• Kelly
    January 2020
    Kelly ·
    • Flag

Too funny! Thats awesome. lol

• Private User
    VIP November 2014
    Private User ·
    • Flag

Carole! I absolutely love this! I just showed FH and said I'm doing this bc you spend so much time on the john! lol I think it's fabulous! Happy Anniversary to you guys!

• Carole M (a.k.a "old tart")
    Master October 2011
    Carole M (a.k.a "old tart") ·
    • Flag

JJ....I love that idea! It is excellent. I would have never thought of something that creative. Enjoy your dinner and trip into the city. Re the drama...if I typed all I was thinking this post would be closed and locked. As long as we keep it positive and constructive it will be a great place for bride's to plan a wedding and support one another.

Kelly...Thank you!

Kasey c.....LMAO Well, that is the other reason he deserves the TP.

Amy...Thank you too.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics