Silverlava
VIP September 2017

How far out do I make dress appointments?

Silverlava, on October 22, 2016 at 1:32 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 10
Saved Save

I'm planning on buying a dress by the end of the year for a Sept '17 wedding. How far in advance do salons book up for dress appointments? I've been calling vendors all week trying to nail down a photographer and a band or DJ, so the last thing I want to do is figure out where and when I should be making appointments for dress shopping. However, at the same time, I don't want to be rushed into picking a dress because of a short timeline.

10 Comments

• TiffanyGomez2018
    VIP July 2017
    TiffanyGomez2018 ·
    • Flag

I made a 4 pm appointment at 1 pm that day.. soo.. just pick a day? They generally have an online feature that allows you to see when appointments are available. At least from my experience.

• Private_User832
    Master August 2017
    Private_User832 ·
    • Flag

Some of the places I went to booked a month out for a Saturday appointment

• Silverlava
    VIP September 2017
    Silverlava ·
    • Flag

Haha that's a wide variance.

• carspfern
    Super December 2016
    carspfern ·
    • Flag

You might have more luck going during the week, saturdays are usually pretty busy. But yeah, I'd say just call around and see what's available. I know at davids you can schedule appointments online, I'm not sure about other places though. Also, don't feel rushed lol, you can always schedule another appointment

• ChristinaNYC
    Master December 2016
    ChristinaNYC ·
    • Flag

It really depends where you want to get your dress. David's Bridal has really quick shipping so you probably won't need to rush. BHLDN has a few dresses that could take a couple of months to arrive.

• FutureMrsS
    Expert August 2017
    FutureMrsS ·
    • Flag

I would start going now, they can sometimes take you right away but it could take up to a year to get the dress so def start looking!

• N
    Dedicated October 2017
    Natalie ·
    • Flag

Depends on where you go. All the salons I visited let me try on without an appointment. Then there are some that don't want you to even look without an appointment. Just call ahead...or drop in like I did. You need to leave time to get the dress altered (usually 6-8 months).

• Amber
    Dedicated September 2017
    Amber ·
    • Flag

David's Bridal is amazing my wedding is Sept '17 too. I haven't purchased my dress yet but they helped me so much. The lady I had my appointment with pulled one I didn't think is like at all and I totally fell in love with it. I would definitely suggest David's bridal

• momofmn
    Super July 2017
    momofmn ·
    • Flag

Usually just a few days ahead... unless you want to go on a weekend.

• LauraR
    VIP June 2017
    LauraR ·
    • Flag

It's really going to depend on the salon. I went into two without an appointment (one was DB and the other a local salon). But then the place I actually got my dress didn't allow walk-ins. I made the appointment on a Wednesday for a Saturday but I was a waitlist appointment and just got lucky that the original person cancelled. I think you're safe to give yourself a breather for a few weeks but I wouldn't wait to start researching past maybe mid-November.

Comment on this discussion