Kelly
Legend October 2022

Fiancé(e) Friday! What was your first impression? Was it love at first sight?

Kelly, on January 18, 2019 at 12:05 PM Posted in Family and Relationships 1 75
Saved Save

What was your first impression of your future spouse? Do you remember what your very first thoughts were about them? Was it love at first sight or did it take some time?

Fiancé(e) Friday! What was your first impression? Was it love at first sight? 1

Photo by Tony Gambino Photography in Oregon

Feeling the Friday vibes? Check out these other fiancé(e) Friday discussions: Describe your spouse in 3 words and Show of your Fiancé(e) !

75 Comments

• Kenisha
    Champion June 2019
    Kenisha ·
    My first impression was that he was cute & very nice!
  • JustKidding
    VIP April 2018
    JustKidding ·

I met my husband a LONG time before we started dating. I was actually dating someone. But I remember turning to my best friend (who later was a MOH) and said "He's cute. Short, but cute"

• Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    Our 1st coffee date lasted 5 hours (and we ended up having lunch together)! Good sign. He said he felt I was pretty special when I hugged him goodbye. Aw. 🥰
  • Brae
    VIP September 2019
    Brae ·
    Lol. We met in fourth grade, so no it wasn't love at first site. I didn't even have a small crush on him until some point in middle school. We started dating on and off sophomore year of high school.
  • Chelsea
    Just Said Yes April 2019
    Chelsea ·

We didn't really know each other! We both were in the same group of friends, and didn't get to know each other until we became roommates! Once we were roommates and hung out more, we realized we had a lot in common, and people assumed we were dating because we were such great friends, but we were actually dating other people our first year as roomies!

• A
    Just Said Yes July 2019
    amber ·

I met him on Tinder, and initially thought we'd only make it as friends. But he immediately became my best friend, and I couldn't help but fall in love with him.

• Chandra
    Master May 2019
    Chandra ·
    I almost didn't message him back! (We met on okcupid). But his message was really thoughtful and showed he cared about my profile and we hit it off pretty quickly.
  • Cristy
    Rockstar May 2020
    Cristy ·

Since we met in 7th grade, at the age of 12, I'm not sure you could call it "love at first sight," but it was definitely something!! I liked him immediately. I think he liked me immediately too. We became fast friends, but didn't actually "date" until our freshman year of high school. That didn't work out, but we remained friendly through high school. I always had a soft spot in my heart for him.

Fast forward 30 years and we reconnected through social media prior to our 30-year class reunion. He didn't end up going to the reunion, but it got us talking more frequently, and one day we decided to meet up in person. Neither of us still lived in our hometown, but we only lived a few miles from each other. When I saw him again for the first time, I knew I still loved him. He felt the same way! We started dating, and here we are, two years later, happy as ever and getting married!!

• Diana
    Beginner October 2019
    Diana ·
    We met on Match.com and although it was not love at first sight, he was very nice and a complete gentleman. 1 date turned into 2 and so on, I probably fell in love with him by month 4 or 5 of dating and now can't wait to be his Mrs.
  • Dedicated June 2020
    ·
    My first impression of him was that he was loud and annoying which didn’t make him attractive to me, but he was sweet heart and very caring. I fell in love with after our first date we set in his car afterwards and talked all night (literally until the sun came up) about our future goals and mistakes we made in the past that formed us into better people.
  • Maren
    Champion October 2021
    Maren ·
    View Quoted Comment

Hi Chelsea! Welcome to WeddingWire and congrats on your engagement! That's such a sweet story, sometimes it's crazy how things end up happening & falling into place!

• MrsV1027
    Master October 2018
    MrsV1027 ·

Oh it was definitely not love at first site. I'd walk past his desk at work to get to another desk and he'd apparently try to talk to me and I was like who the heck is this guy and walked faster lol. I'm super shy so I get weirded out when people I don't know try to talk to me

• Megan
    Just Said Yes August 2019
    Megan ·
    I met my fiance when I was 17 years old (now 25). His looks got me at first. He was so handsome and took good care of himself. Then I really got to know him and found him to be honest, man of good integrity, and very caring towards other people.
  • Kelly
    Legend October 2022
    Kelly ·
    View Quoted Comment

Awww that's so sweet!! How did it progress into something more?

• Kelly
    Legend October 2022
    Kelly ·
    View Quoted Comment

That's so sweet, Amber!!

• L
    Dedicated March 2020
    Laura ·
    It was my first day after I moved to go to grad school. he was in the “2nd year” group who invited our “1st year” group out for some beers. I remember snap chatting my now MOH a picture of the two single guys in our group, saying “well I guess these are my choices” and FH was 1 of the 2, but at that moment was more initially attracted to the other guy - HA!

I only became attracted to FH when i saw how scrappy he was when we all played beach volleyball (my favorite sport). Those are my earliest memories!! Almost 5 years ago.
  • Kelly
    Legend October 2022
    Kelly ·
    View Quoted Comment

I love that!! It's amazing how life works out and brings you back to the right person!

• Becca
    Super August 2019
    Becca ·
    Nope! Wasn’t love at first site....for me at least. I met him freshman year of college through some freshman orientation volleyball event. He reached out to me on Facebook (which he said he never does) and wanted to talk to me and know more about me. Literally mid conversation, I stopped responding....I ended up ghosting him for 3 years haha we reunited senior year when my boyfriend at the time wanted to play club football. He happened to join his team. We all became one really close friend group over senior year. When my ex and I broke up after graduation, my fiancé was the one who helped me through it since he knew my relationship with my ex the best. That quickly made us closer and then one thing led to another it definitely put my fiancé’s friendship my my ex to a fast hault, but in the end, it was worth it!
  • Peggy
    Master November 2019
    Peggy ·
    My first impression was that he was cute and I liked talking to him. We met online but had our first date at Panera. I told my bff to text me in two hours to check but we ended up talking for four and I had all these missed calls.
  • Abby
    VIP March 2019
    Abby ·
    I met him online and my first impression based on our first messages was that he was cute and also into the same geeky stuff I'm into! When we first met in person my first thought was that he was even cuter in person!

Comment on this discussion