We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Family and Relationships

Join  group

Blending familys can be a true joy, but there are tricky elements too. From merging households, to deciding where to spend the holidays, this is the place to give and get support on all things family.

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Michelle
At odds with fiancé on scaling back guestlist
Michelle, Yesterday at 11:49 PM

What if you are at odds with your partner on how far to scale back the guest list? My venue holds 250, with distanced tables it’s 130. My guest list is 150 and I’m comfortable only inviting 80-100...

Michelle, 2 minutes ago 4 26
Tiffany
Wedding party titles
Tiffany, Yesterday at 11:15 PM

Edited to add....I am not seeking advice if I should or should not do this, I am asking a very specific question. Title suggestions only please! I'm working on our wedding website and on the page...

mrswinteriscoming, 8 minutes ago 15 81
Bianca
Kids at the wedding/ hire babysitter?
Bianca, on July 2, 2020 at 7:14 AM

My FH has little kids in his family ages 10 and under. He has 3 nieces who are 2, 1 and 1 years old and FH has a son who is 5. We also have a 9 month old son so by September of next year he will be...

Ashley, Yesterday at 9:34 PM 14 115
Sarah
Family
Sarah, Yesterday at 4:43 PM

I have 2 sisters 1 brother and my fiancé has 5 sisters and 1 brother. Together we have 7 nieces and 1 nephew. Since our family is so big we decided to not have family in the wedding because we know if...

Ali, Yesterday at 8:17 PM 7 74
Kelly
Whose parents are more involved in the planning? Your parents or your fiancé(e)'s?
Kelly, on November 13, 2018 at 11:05 AM

Throughout the planning process, whose parents have been more involved? Your parents or your fiancé(e)'s? Photo by Shaunte Dittmar Photography in CA Thanks for playing you or your fiance! If you...

Sweetness, Yesterday at 7:02 PM 300 1,651
Sam
Who's more jealous? You or your fiancé(e)?
Sam, on November 13, 2018 at 11:05 AM

Jealousy is completely normal in a relationship! But if you had to choose between the two of you, who’s more jealous? Next Question: Who is bigger bed hog? You or your fiancé(e)? Start from the...

Sweetness, Yesterday at 6:46 PM 288 1,291
Dj Tanner
Children
Dj Tanner, on July 4, 2020 at 5:48 PM

Sort of wedding unrelated: What’s everyone’s take on having children?? We live in crazy times. FH and I talk about having kids a lot. He loves the name Ruby for a girl lol. But there’s also a big part...

Dj Tanner, Yesterday at 6:39 PM 23 281
Kelly
Who said "I love you" first? You or your fiancé(e)?
Kelly, on November 13, 2018 at 11:05 AM

Those three little words can be scary to say for the first time!. With you and your fiancé(e), who said “I love you” first? Next Question: Who's more jealous? You or your fiancé(e)? Start from the...

Sweetness, Yesterday at 6:33 PM 351 1,530
Maggie
Who defined the relationship? You or your fiancé(e)?
Maggie, on November 13, 2018 at 11:05 AM

In every relationship, there’s a time when you’re a little unsure of what you two are to each other. Which one of you cleared that up? Who defined your relationship? You or your fiancé(e)? Photo by...

Sweetness, Yesterday at 6:19 PM 249 922
Maren
Who has a bigger family? You or your fiancé(e)?
Maren, on November 13, 2018 at 11:05 AM

Which one of you will have more family members at your wedding to witness the “I do's”?? Who has the bigger family - you or your fiancé(e)? Photo from Hunter James Photography in Maryland Next...

Sweetness, Yesterday at 6:08 PM 395 1,748
Maren
Who was a bigger flirt before you started dating? You or your fiancé(e)?
Maren, on November 13, 2018 at 11:05 AM

Who was the bigger flirt from the start? Was it you or the one who stole your heart? Which one of you was the bigger flirt?? Next Question: Who has a bigger family? You or your fiancé(e)? Start from...

Sweetness, Yesterday at 6:06 PM 352 1,375
Candice
Wedding in five days and I'm too anxious to enjoy it. Rant Sorry (covid Related Post)
Candice, Yesterday at 10:47 AM

So it's been a long painful road to get where we are concerning our wedding. Both my fiance and I are from big families (4+ siblings on each side). We had originally planned a massive, indoor, "cozy"...

, Yesterday at 5:16 PM 5 156
Jackie
Inviting someone you don’t like?
Jackie, on October 15, 2019 at 1:56 PM

Hello all. I’ve recently been thinking about my guest list...who to invite and who not to invite. My fiancé has a friend that I’m not particularly fond of...probably not all! I’m stuck in the in...

Jana, Yesterday at 4:32 PM 25 745 1
Amanda
Just Lost My Mom
Amanda, on June 27, 2020 at 8:40 PM

Hey everyone. I just lost my mom a month ago and planning a wedding without her seems to be super hard. Any ideas on how We can incorporate her into the wedding or honor her? This is one of the...

Vicky, Yesterday at 4:30 PM 32 179
R
Unique Situation
Rachel, on July 6, 2020 at 8:51 PM

So what I'm going to ask requires some backstory information. Before I was born, my grandfather quit speaking with his mom (my great grandmother) and his siblings. He is one of 12 children and he...

Rachel, Yesterday at 1:09 PM 7 163
Alyssa
Replacing Maid of Honor
Alyssa, on July 6, 2020 at 12:13 PM

I’m just going to get straight to the point here. So when I first got engaged this year I already knew that my maid of honor would be my best friend no doubt. But as it gets later in the year she’s...

Ashley, Yesterday at 7:31 AM 15 261
Bianca
Maid of honor hair retainer
Bianca, on July 1, 2020 at 9:00 PM

Do I pay for my maid of honors retainer to get her hair and makeup done the day of the wedding. The salon I’m using charges a 25$ retainer for every person getting something bridal done. Do I...

Elmarose04, Yesterday at 1:55 AM 13 135
Aurora
Wedding in 14 days but feeling very down.
Aurora, on July 4, 2020 at 3:39 PM

When we kept our July 18th date we knew it wouldn’t be easy for many reasons. I asked my fiancé if he was willing to elope and do the big wedding next year with many convos about it. But he really...

Kimberly, Jul 6, 2020 20 304 1
M
Maid of Honor drama
Michelle, on July 5, 2020 at 6:23 PM

Hey all I have a dilemma. My MOH has been posting some rather political stuff on her Facebook. It does have to do with current racial politics. I have no real issue with it, however, my mom and sister...

Hannah, Jul 6, 2020 19 263 1
T
Odd fmil behaviour
Taylor, on July 6, 2020 at 12:39 PM

Sorry, just need to rant for a minute. So my FMIL is a really sweet woman, but she has a big personality and can be a lot to handle at times. Now, some background info... my mom and sister (MOH) are...

Taylor, Jul 6, 2020 8 221
Start a discussion