Family and Relationships

Join  group

Blending familys can be a true joy, but there are tricky elements too. From merging households, to deciding where to spend the holidays, this is the place to give and get support on all things family.

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
Finish The Sentence: I knew they were “the one” when _____.
Lynnie, on July 23, 2019 at 11:05 AM

When did you know that your fiancé(e) was “the one”? Is there a specific “aha” moment that stands out? Or did it sneak up on you over time?Finish the sentence!Next Question: My wedding playlist must...

Katherine, 12 minutes ago 141 1 509
Ice Breakers Needed for Families to Meet
Elizabeth, on July 26, 2019 at 5:28 PM

FH's family and mine are meeting for the first time the week we get married. We're getting married in my home state and live on the other side of the country. I'm from NY, we live in TX. We've met and...

Elizabeth, 13 minutes ago 12 142
How long did you date before the proposal?
Lynnie, on July 30, 2019 at 11:05 AM

We're ready for your first number! How long were you and your fiancé(e) together before popping the question? 💍Photo by CaptureCraft Studio in Alhambra, CANext Question: How long will your engagement...

Katherine, 40 minutes ago 131 636
Jessica
In law stubbornness
Jessica, Today at 9:38 AM

Quick rant because I need to relieve my anger somehow 🤗🤗 my fiancé purchased a bottle of wine 6 years ago from Italy when he was on deployment. He gave it to his parents and they decided to save it...

Maggie, 45 minutes ago 8 139
Kind of not wanting a bridal party at this rate
Kelsey, Today at 10:41 AM

I never thought I would be this person. I know that no one will care about the wedding the way I do. I totally accept that and am fine with that. I'm just tired of cattiness and drama, I'm not that...

Kelsey, 51 minutes ago 10 85
Wedding to Baby Shower: Gifts or no gifts?
Melissa, Today at 10:07 AM

Hello everyone. I just got married (8/16/19) and my now sister-in-law is having her baby shower the weekend after. I was going through our gifts and cards to look for an idea on how much she gave us...

Madison, 51 minutes ago 9 121
i love my mom
Reeshma, on August 9, 2019 at 11:58 PM

I was talking to my mom and MOH about something old, something new and told them I had nothing borrowed or old. My mother, the sweet lady that she is, says that she has an old watch that she wore on...

Haley, 56 minutes ago 8 149
Heartbroken. Please send prayers.
Kendall, Today at 1:18 AM

I need prayers and pixie dust. My wedding is in 8 days. I’m breaking. I should be happy and excited but my heart is so heavy. I had a long sob post typed up but deleted it bc it was extremely long and...

Laurel, An hour ago 7 260
Let's Talk Regrets
Danielle, on March 29, 2019 at 9:49 AM

What are your wedding planning regrets, if any?For me, it was impulsively asking bridesmaids, when I should have taken the time to carefully choose. I chose FH's brother's (at the time) fiance to be...

Ka-Rina, 2 hours ago 70 3,362
My Maid of Honor Quit This Past Weekend (long Rant)
Jazmine, Today at 8:26 AM

I can honestly say that I am not upset or heartbroken over the situation because I saw the signs early. There is A LOT of backstory but to sum it up, here it is:My MOH is my middle sister and when I...

Future Mrs. H, 3 hours ago 3 130
Future mil is so "stressed" out over our wedding that she's not planning ;)
KT4ever, on August 19, 2019 at 9:08 PM

I have been the planner, coordinator for everything for our wedding. I am very organized, detail-oriented, specific, and on top of my things. Despite all this, I am stressed out but it's worth it. I...

KiwiDerbyBride, 8 hours ago 21 322
Negative people
Erica, Yesterday at 11:21 AM

Does anyone else have anyone in their family that never has anything nice to say? In my example it's my sister lol. She is one my my bridesmaids (my mom and grandmom pressured me into asking her to be...

Rebecca, 9 hours ago 14 170
Burnt-out, Needing Advice
Nicole, Yesterday at 11:43 PM

First off, I LOVE the forums here because this is such a great group full of advice! Have any of you just been so burnt-out and emotionally drained from the wedding planning? I have severe regret...

Samantha, 11 hours ago 3 90
Guest List Issues follow up!
Maricarmen, Yesterday at 2:20 PM

Here’s a follow up to the ladies that commented on my previous post! It just got worse!! Yes on our rsvp’s we included the number of people AND we also added names of those people invited, babies or...

Cassi, 11 hours ago 44 1 693
Guest list issues
Maricarmen, on August 16, 2019 at 11:01 PM

A little long. Sorry to put drama out there but I need to know other peoples point of view. Back story to this. My FBIL’s gf/mother of his 2 daughters doesn’t like my FH’s family idk why. They have...

Maricarmen, Yesterday at 11:12 PM 35 694
Fill In The Blank: My "pet name" for my future spouse is _____
Lynnie, on March 19, 2019 at 11:05 AM

Fill in the blank! Do you have a "pet name" or term of endearment for your future spouse? Is it super mushy or an inside joke? Next Question: I wish _____ wasn't so expensive! Back to the...

Lisa, Yesterday at 11:12 PM 134 613
Talking To Your Ex - Red Flag or Deal Breaker?
Lynnie, on August 13, 2019 at 11:05 AM

How do you feel about your future spouse talking with their ex? Does it depend on the person you're with and their past relationships? Or do you have firm relationship rules about exes?Is talking to...

Melinda, Yesterday at 10:03 PM 46 156
Doesn't Like Cats or Dogs - Red Flag or Deal Breaker?
Lynnie, on August 13, 2019 at 11:45 AM

Would you marry someone who didn't love your fur baby? Or who doesn't want any pets at all? Or is it the other way around, and you have a firm no pet policy?Is a difference of opinion on your furry...

Melinda, Yesterday at 9:59 PM 64 213
Inviting Second Cousins/first Cousins Once Removed
KAREN, Yesterday at 3:32 PM

I'm sure this has been discussed on here to some extent, but figured I'd give it a shot.Same old story as so many of you: Fiance and I are attempting to have a small wedding. We only wanted around 50...

Rebecca, Yesterday at 9:25 PM 10 133
Wedding stress
Brandi, on August 19, 2019 at 2:40 AM

OMG!!! I don't know where to start.This weekend has been horrible. First, my remaining Grandma passed away age 90.Second, my Dad tells me to start planning his funeral because he is tired of fighting...

Pirate & 60s Bride, Yesterday at 8:27 PM 8 1 169