We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Family and Relationships

Join  group

Blending familys can be a true joy, but there are tricky elements too. From merging households, to deciding where to spend the holidays, this is the place to give and get support on all things family.

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Katie
Save the Dates - Disinvite a Relative
Katie, Today at 11:21 AM

My fiance and I planned to get married in Sept 2020, and due to covid we moved the wedding to Sept 2021. We sent out save the dates in 2020 as a New Year card in 2020. And with covid, we had sent out...

Katie, 19 minutes ago 18 160
Shirley
Favorite bridesmaid gift?
Shirley, Today at 7:23 AM

So it seems like there is a lot of stress on the forum, so I'm wondering if we could get some good ideas out there. What is the best bridesmaid gift you ever received? What gift or gifts did you...

Eniale, 2 hours ago 15 151
Laura
Mom as Maid of Honor Instead of Bridal Party
Laura, Yesterday at 8:59 PM

My fiancé and I have chosen not to do a bridal party. In lieu of a bridal party, I want to ask my mom to be my maid of honor. Has anyone else done this before? No bridal party but asked their mom as...

Laura, 2 hours ago 12 99
Jessica
Father/daughter Dance- Not Close
Jessica, Yesterday at 9:51 PM

My dad and I aren't very close, but I would still like to have a dance with him. I can't seem to find anything that isn't sappy. Any suggestions?

Katharine, 2 hours ago 12 83
Sophie
How to tell my narcissistic mother she can't sleep at our house before and after our wedding
Sophie, on July 1, 2020 at 9:54 AM

I’m the single daughter of a covert narcissistic mother. I am still in contact with my mother, because I don’t want to lose the relationship with my father. They are still together, my father is...

Shirley, 6 hours ago 14 344
Cassi
Wedding party vent-again lol
Cassi, Yesterday at 10:17 PM

It’s been a while since I’ve posted about my wedding party selection-which I initially struggled with due to not wanting to upset or hurt anyone’s feelings. I have since made the decision (my fiancée...

Cassi, 7 hours ago 8 161
Addi
Bridesmaids rant
Addi, on February 17, 2021 at 3:19 AM

Hello ladies! I mostly just want to vent about one of my bridesmaids on here to let it all out. I have a bridesmaid that I’ve been friends with since middle school, and she’s always made not the best...

Prist, 13 hours ago 15 270
K
Fiancé broke up with me
Kaci, on March 2, 2019 at 10:15 PM

Hi, I am writing hoping to get support. My fiancé broke up with me 2 days ago. We have been on and off having arguments over the past few months but had been seeing a counselor and both agreed things...

Michele, Yesterday at 11:53 PM 28 2,732 1
Jumpsfences
Family Drama
Jumpsfences, Yesterday at 2:45 PM

I’m in a sticky situation. My fiancé has a fairly rocky relationship with his family and while he was at one point close to his sister, they spent their teen years in different households (one with...

Michelle, Yesterday at 7:56 PM 12 197
Allison
How To Compromise?
Allison, on February 23, 2021 at 10:57 AM

So my wedding isn't until October 2022 but just discussing things with my fiancé I don't really know what to do. We had our venue food tasting on Sunday and picked a menu. I really wanted a nice...

Katie, Yesterday at 6:14 PM 18 281
Bank Accounts
, on February 22, 2021 at 3:50 PM

I've seen a few forums on WW related to the topic of joining bank accounts, but was curious if anyone shared their account prior to getting married? My fiancé and I live together and have shared money...

Samantha, Yesterday at 3:26 PM 14 205
Steven
Fiance is hurt her family doesn't want to attend shower
Steven, on February 23, 2021 at 5:09 PM

Hello everyone, So our wedding shower is this Saturday and my fiancé's family isn't going to come. She also doesn't have a huge friend group so she only having a couple of her friends and members of...

Rebecca, Yesterday at 3:30 AM 11 242
Felicity
Fiancé cancelled our engagement
Felicity, on February 17, 2021 at 6:05 AM

My fiancé and I had been engaged for almost 3 years and he suddenly called it off one night because I got jealous and upset because he was allowing other females to openly flirt with him while I was...

Kristin, Feb 23, 2021 18 538
L
Step parents role in the wedding
Lauren, on February 22, 2021 at 11:14 AM

Hi All! Both my fiancé and I lost our mothers when we were in our early 20s. Both of our dads are remarried. Neither of us are close with our step-mom’s and they did not contribute to raising us since...

Lauren, Feb 23, 2021 15 123
Erica
It's been 3 years and no proposal, contemplating moving on?
Erica, on December 17, 2020 at 2:39 PM

I'm enlisting the advice and counsel of anyone who has gone through a similar situation. My boyfriend and I have been together for just over 3 years, with our fair share of ups and downs and learning...

Shirley, Feb 22, 2021 35 1,465
MLS
Walk down the aisle
MLS, on February 21, 2021 at 12:39 PM

My father and I have an incredibly rocky relationship. My childhood was...bad. Now that I'm 30 it's tolerable. It helps that I moved over 2 hours away. We don't scream at each other for hours on end....

Maggie, Feb 22, 2021 8 73
M
Mom cannot handle wedding planning
Melissa, on February 20, 2021 at 7:19 PM

Since I began wedding planning Mom and I have had a long standing battle. I understand many emotions are involved for many people but unfortunately I have felt little support from her. I started...

Melissa, Feb 22, 2021 14 219
Latron
Real Friends
Latron, on June 15, 2020 at 1:46 AM

How many brides found out through the wedding process that your friends aren’t your real friends?Real Friends

MIWM, Feb 22, 2021 44 554 2
MIWM
Friend Advice
MIWM, on February 19, 2021 at 11:19 AM

Looking for some advice on weather I should end this friendship or not. A friend of mine who I was very close with started acting different towards me after hanging around a mutual friend of ours who...

MIWM, Feb 22, 2021 19 210
A
Losing Interest in Wedding
Alyssa, on February 7, 2021 at 4:17 PM

I'm not sure if I love my fiancé anymore. I don't care for the ring with a gold setting, as I have a gold allergy. He refuses to upgrade to a platinum where I'm not allergic too. I've been losing...

PATRICIA, Feb 21, 2021 18 554
Start a discussion