Skip to main content

Family and Relationships

Join  group

Blending familys can be a true joy, but there are tricky elements too. From merging households, to deciding where to spend the holidays, this is the place to give and get support on all things family.

Members

Discussions

Sort by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Imani
Love Languages
Imani, Yesterday at 1:35 PM

There are 5 different love languages. Quality TimePhysical TouchActs of ServiceReceiving GiftsWords of Affirmation What is your love language and your significant other? How do you cater to each other...

Imani, Yesterday at 7:18 PM 14 96
A
mil advice
Ashley, on August 8, 2022 at 10:59 AM

I feel kind of defeated in the MIL department. Any time I ask her opinion on something or ask her to help with something she seems very uninterested. But then I don't ask her something and she gets...

Michelle, Aug 8, 2022 8 129
EGD
i so badly want to be petty
EGD, on August 2, 2022 at 12:43 PM

My bridal shower was this weekend and it was absolutely beautiful! My MOH and mom did a wonderful job, and were even able to pull off a surprise guest that I didn't think was going to be able to make...

EGD, Aug 3, 2022 16 280
Megan
Should i kick her out of the bridal party?
Megan, Today at 12:36 PM

Link to my pervious post about the situation:...

Sharon, 37 minutes ago 4 82
Annika
Incorporating my fiancé’s 2 step-sisters (10 & 11)
Annika, Today at 9:13 AM

I wasn’t planning on involving my fiancé’s 2 young step-sisters (10 and 11 yrs) other than them being invited, but this weekend When talking to my future step-MIL I made the mistake of saying “well...

Grace, 2 hours ago 12 82
EGD
2023 Wedding Calendar filling up?
EGD, Today at 8:50 AM

We're getting married in 16 short days, but our social calendar for weddings appears to be filling up so quickly I'm getting nervous that we're not going to be able to do them all! We're at that age...

Erin, 2 hours ago 6 58
Kelly
Married Finances
Kelly, Today at 7:28 AM

I want to share a piece of advice from my financial advisor. Instead of completely combining finances, keep them separate and create a joint account for you and your partner. That's what we do and it...

Maggie, 2 hours ago 4 89
Bailey
Wedding guest woes
Bailey, Today at 12:01 PM

I think I'm just here to vent. I'm having a destination wedding next year, and my mother (who helped pay!) gave me a list of people to invite that were her cousins, friends, etc. I vetoed some of them...

Rosebud, 3 hours ago 9 75
H
Spiritual attack before marriage…
Hilary, on August 14, 2022 at 2:15 PM

So we had a talk about my gut feeling per my last post and he says that he’s under a spiritual attack. He has been on a 45 day Daniel fast. He says that he thinks because we are getting close to...

Michael, Yesterday at 6:00 PM 15 293
A
My Family not being supportive?
Aerial, Yesterday at 11:13 AM

Hello This is such a touchy topic right now for me and I can't stop crying. I know there are many opinions that will be on this topic, but I will just start. I fell in love with an immigrant from...

Michael, Yesterday at 3:14 PM 11 182
Valerie
Age Differences?!
Valerie, on August 4, 2022 at 6:28 PM

More just me venting my insecurities lol. So...when my fiancé I and first met, we didn't know we had an age gap. He was really mature, patient, and kind. And we got all of each other's pop culture...

Kris, Yesterday at 1:25 PM 14 290
H
Anyone Marrying the first person they had a real relationship with? Any worries?
Hilary, on August 13, 2022 at 4:12 PM

I’m getting married in 18 days and some worries are coming to my mind. I’m 26 and my fiancé is 40. I’ve dated other guys before. I had a first boyfriend in high school and then I dated my first love...

EGD, Yesterday at 9:13 AM 9 209
Twinsiesmum
Did she lie?
Twinsiesmum, on August 14, 2022 at 10:43 AM

So I had an outing planned with all of my bridesmaids. Everyone said they were coming. The day of one of my bridesmaids said she couldn’t come because her whole family was sick. Later on I see her...

EGD, Yesterday at 8:43 AM 17 248
C
Family shows no interest in my wedding
Courtney, on May 1, 2022 at 10:11 PM

I’m really struggling with wedding planning. My partner is a full time student in an intensive nursing program and is about to take the NCLEX (the huge exam to become a certified RN), so he helps when...

Diana, Aug 14, 2022 10 263
E
Please tell me if I’m crazy
Emma, on August 12, 2022 at 1:54 AM

So my fiancé and I are having a destination wedding in France next summer. We got engaged in May of 2021 and gave everyone a two year notice of when our wedding will be and to plan accordingly. Two...

Jacks, Aug 12, 2022 9 290
Hailey
Father issues
Hailey, on August 9, 2022 at 9:47 PM

I’m getting married next year to my amazing fiancé. My father originally offered to pay for whatever I wanted, which was such a nice gesture. My father was absent until I was 11 but when he came into...

Jacks, Aug 11, 2022 8 189
A
My future in-laws are both engaged and planning weddings, at the same time my fiance and i are...
AB28, on August 10, 2022 at 9:23 PM

My fiance proposed to me in October of 2021 a few months after his dad (future FIL) proposed to his s/o. Now this past weekend my fiance's mom (my future MIL) got engaged. Our wedding date is set for...

Bailey, Aug 11, 2022 5 161
Breelyne
Mom Drama, Am i overreacting
Breelyne, on August 8, 2022 at 10:50 PM

So my mom has graciously offered to help pay for our wedding but now she has fought me every step of the way making the entire planning process completely and utterly miserable. so our latest issue...

Leslie, Aug 10, 2022 6 231
Grace
How Can i Include My Biological Mom as a M.o.b?
Grace, on August 8, 2022 at 5:38 PM

I was adopted at birth month including my birth mother in my wedding somehow. Whether that be in the ceremony or at the reception. My Adoptive Mother has said she would be OK with my Birth Mom taking...

Zanetah, Aug 9, 2022 3 85
Breelyne
Drama continued
Breelyne, on August 8, 2022 at 10:56 PM

What do I do??

Allaura, Aug 9, 2022 11 287
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics