Family and Relationships

Join  group

Blending familys can be a true joy, but there are tricky elements too. From merging households, to deciding where to spend the holidays, this is the place to give and get support on all things family.

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
Can anyone relate? fmil invited to dress shopping?
Michaela, Yesterday at 9:41 PM

I’m still a ways out from dress shopping so I have time to decide. I have a wonderful relationship with my FH family and I love them all so much! I am trying to decide if I should invite my FMIL to go...

Anna, An hour ago 10 96
Wedding Party Dilemma
Future Mrs. B, Today at 2:17 AM

So I have selected five girls to be in my wedding party, but the problem I’m having is that there is history between two of the girls. My FH’a best friend/best man dated my FH’s childhood...

Future Mrs. B, An hour ago 7
Need advice
Kendra, Yesterday at 9:19 PM

I live in Kansas with my FH and his whole family while my whole family is in Illinois. While we are finishing up the little details, my mom is getting more......sensitive toward decisions about when...

Renee, An hour ago 1 44
Just a vent.
Traci, on October 19, 2019 at 5:02 PM

I rather put this vent here instead of Facebook to start a fight. I am venting to feel better.This comment has been flying around since we picked our date.Backstory-My Fiancee and I met in July 2016....

Mrsmtobe, 2 hours ago 22 322
Ex-friends
DIY Bride, Yesterday at 11:49 PM

So I’m posting because I just need some reassurance that I did the right thing. I had a friend that really didn’t like my FH and she had no problem telling everyone in our group of friends that. She...

Jocelyn, 3 hours ago 1 42
This is why we cant have nice things. a mini-vent
Traci, Yesterday at 11:31 PM

So someone asked about my wedding. Then proceeded to force an invitation."You BETTER invite me!""Am I invited?"The the conversation steered to."Will there be an open bar?"I said no. For personal...

Traci, Yesterday at 11:31 PM 39
Mother-in-law drama!!!!!
Kylie, Yesterday at 5:15 PM

So I'm getting married in less than 20 days. I got engaged earlier this year and it was nice at first. But, once the wedding planning started getting further along, drama erupted with my fiancé and...

Vivian, Yesterday at 10:22 PM 25 295
Do you keep secrets?
Lynnie, on September 10, 2019 at 11:50 AM

Sometimes there's a good reason to keep a secret! Whether you're planning a surprise for your fiancé(e), keeping a trusted friend's secret confidential, or you know that your future spouse is a huge...

Aurora, Yesterday at 10:11 PM 88 284
Do you sit together on plane flights?
Lynnie, on September 10, 2019 at 11:49 AM

I fondly remember the days when I used to have an aisle seat... but once we started traveling together the question became: do we sit together (and I'm demoted to a middle seat), or sit separately...

Aurora, Yesterday at 10:08 PM 91 329
Do you tune each other out?

Whether it's intentional or accidental, sometimes we just forget to fully listen to our partner! Do you ever tune each other out? Never, always, or sometimes?Next Question: Do you sit together on...

Aurora, Yesterday at 10:06 PM 81 254
Do you check in with each other throughout the day?

Do you frequently check in with your bae throughout the day? Whether you make a point of keeping open communication while you're at work, or if it's just a quick chat or text - how much do you talk...

Aurora, Yesterday at 10:03 PM 103 380
Family drama for older couples
Jennifer, on October 18, 2019 at 8:24 AM

So my fiancé and I have been dating for almost 3 years and proposed to me last Christmas. The problem is I was married for 21 years and my husband left me for a much younger woman. I was devastated...

Sonya, Yesterday at 9:56 PM 23 348
Do you kiss each other hello and goodbye?

First question! Do you give your future spouse a huge smooch each time you see each other, and every time you say goodbye? 😘 Or is it more of a "honey I'm home" yell through the house?Do you kiss each...

Aurora, Yesterday at 9:18 PM 119 1 485
Cheating - Red Flag or Deal Breaker?
Lynnie, on August 13, 2019 at 11:46 AM

Last question!! Do you firmly believe that "once a cheater, always a cheater"? Or is a history of cheating just a red flag for you?Red flag or a deal breaker?⭐⭐⭐⭐Thanks for weighing in on these...

Jessica, Yesterday at 6:26 PM 76 1 556
Selfie Obsession - Red Flag or Deal Breaker?

Just how bad of a sin do you think selfie obsession is? When you scroll through their instagram, if it's all selfies do you panic?Selfie Obsession - Red Flag or Deal Breaker?Next Question: Cheating...

Jessica, Yesterday at 6:25 PM 56 185
Poor Grammar - Red Flag or Deal Breaker?

Is bad grammar high on your list of deal breakers? Or is it just a red flag you can deal with, even if it drives you a little crazy! 😉Poor Grammar - Red Flag or Deal Breaker?Next Question: Selfie...

Jessica, Yesterday at 6:23 PM 58 217
Bad Tippers - Red Flag or Deal Breaker?

Do bad tippers make you cringe, or are you willing to take them on despite their tipping flaws?Is bad tipping a red flag or a deal breaker?Next Question: Poor Grammar Back to the Beginning: Red Flag...

Jessica, Yesterday at 6:23 PM 58 270
Different Religious Beliefs - Red Flag or Deal Breaker?
Lynnie, on August 13, 2019 at 11:45 AM

What role does religion play in your relationship? Would having two different religious beliefs be a red flag or a deal breaker for you?*Fun fact from our Newlywed Report : 18% of couples married in...

Jessica, Yesterday at 6:22 PM 61 401
Smoking - Red Flag or Deal Breaker?

How do you feel about smoking? Is it just a nasty habit you don't like, or is it a total deal breaker?Red Flag or Deal Breaker?Next Question: Having different religious beliefs? Back to the Beginning:...

Jessica, Yesterday at 6:21 PM 64 258
Doesn't Like Cats or Dogs - Red Flag or Deal Breaker?

Would you marry someone who didn't love your fur baby? Or who doesn't want any pets at all? Or is it the other way around, and you have a firm no pet policy?Is a difference of opinion on your furry...

Jessica, Yesterday at 6:20 PM 82 322