Rebecca
Beginner May 2019

Entrance songs for single father

Rebecca, on November 20, 2018 at 12:47 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 14
Saved Save
I'm trying to think of a song for my father to enter by himself. My mother is waking in with her wife so it's impossible for him to walk in with her. I just can't seem to think of any ideas for him. Does anyone else have any ideas?

14 Comments

• M
    Mim ·
    • Flag
    Are you having a different song for everyone? To be honest that sounds really annoying and tedious. Entrances are pretty quick. Stretching them out to make it possible to even realize what the music even is would made everything way too long. Just select one song and call it a day. If you feel it necessary (it's not) choose a separate song for yourself.
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

Into the reception? Or the ceremony? Is he walking you down the aisle? I've never seen parents announced into receptions.

• Mrs.Sanok
    VIP September 2018
    Mrs.Sanok ·
    • Flag

At our wedding when the parents entered, there was one song for, Grandma, MIL, FIL, (they walked in separate.) and My mom. They walked into The Beatles All you need is love. Then the bridal party walked on one song, The Black Eyed Peas I Gotta a Feeling. Then my Husband and I walked into Star Wars Imperial march. Having a different song for each couple or different people is a lot to do. It seems easiest to do a song for each group!

• Rebecca
    Beginner May 2019
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag
    It's for the reception entrance. My fiance is determined that each set of our parents have to come in to different songs because that's what his cousins all did.
  • JENE'
    Savvy June 2019
    JENE' ·
    • Flag
    Aloe Blacc -The Man....your welcome lol

I don't see anything wrong with giving everyone their own song for the reception entrance. There are several reception videos on YouTube showing this. It's kind of fun actually. The DJ only plays a small snippet for their introduction not the whole song.
  • JENNIFER
    Devoted November 2018
    JENNIFER ·
    • Flag

What's his favorite song? Maybe you could use that

• Melissa
    VIP September 2019
    Melissa ·
    • Flag
    I would maybe let him choose if you will be doing different songs for each set of parents
  • Rebecca
    Beginner May 2019
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag
    He asked me to get some ideas for him. He doesn't know what he wants to use
  • Colleen
    Master September 2019
    Colleen ·
    • Flag
    What kind of music ?
  • Rebecca
    Beginner May 2019
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag
    My dad mostly listens to 70s/80s rock and country music
  • J
    Master 0000
    Judith ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    You can do what you want, it is not impolite or anything. But it is more like the Tonight Show , or old variety shows, more celebrity / show biz than any usual function to even have any grand entrances to a reception for family members. Just because his cousins went silly, does not mean you have to. If you are going to have a procession for family members at all, consider one piece of music for everyone. Not separate songs. All these separate songs, tedious to listen to. Everybody is not a celebrity with a Public Relations machine. I suppose if people are gathered at a barbecue in the yard, it might be fun after a lot to drink. But it is completely out of place at a formal or semi-formal wedding and reception.
  • #RMC2019
    Expert July 2019
    #RMC2019 ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Parents domt need an introduction into the reception. Only the new married couple. Is that a tradition his family has or something? I have never heard of that being done.
  • Jayla
    Champion October 2025
    Jayla ·
    • Flag

Hey Rebecca!! Have you been able to find a song for your dad to walk down to?

How is the rest of your planning coming along?

• Rebecca
    Beginner May 2019
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag
    Yes he ended up deciding on Old Time Rock and Roll by Bob Seger

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics