Kristen
Just Said Yes October 2019

Bridesmaid Dresses!

Kristen, on February 8, 2019 at 10:04 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 15
Saved Save

What are some good dresses that won't break the bank?

Also, would you ladies recommend the Bridesmaids paying for their dresses or the Bride and Groom? I only have 3 girls!

15 Comments

• Sophie
    Super December 2020
    Sophie ·
    What’s your budget? Lulus has some excellent dresses that are decent priced and usually can be worn again! I’d hate to put my girls in something that they’d wear one night only.
  • Caytlyn
    Champion November 2019
    Caytlyn ·

Typically bridesmaids pay for their own attire, but I'm sure it would be appreciated if you and your FH offered to pay. You should ask your bridesmaids in private what their budget is before deciding on what "breaks the bank." I would check out Azazie.com for dresses in different price ranges.

• Lianna
    Dedicated May 2019
    Lianna ·
    Jjshouse is a good website too. I've gotten a couple of braidsmaid dresses for myself there for past weddings.
  • Danielle
    Master June 2019
    Danielle ·

I recommend the bridal party pay for their own attire, because that is their only expense and what is traditionally expected of them. Unless your budget is generous and you just want to purchase them to be extra nice. We chose our bridesmaid dresses from David's Bridal. They were originally $159 when they tried them on in the store. All of the girls waited about 2 months before ordering, and ended up getting them on sale for $111. Another way to find cheaper options is to find what you want in a store, then go online and see if you can find it for less.

• Kiana
    Dedicated June 2019
    Kiana ·
    I have 3 bridesmaids as well! I tried lulus but ended up going with David’s Bridal. Bridesmaids pay for their dresses. But you pay for their hair and makeup if you are requiring that!
  • FutureMrsD
    Legend July 2019
    FutureMrsD ·

If you can pay for it, that's awesome! But it isn't expected of you.

• Kenzie
    Dedicated September 2019
    Kenzie ·
    Bill Levkof has beautiful dresss around or under $200.

My Bridesmaids will be paying for them and we all decided that we would not go over $200.
  • JustKidding
    VIP April 2018
    JustKidding ·

Azzie is great.

We did DB because they were the only one that had my color at the time. We paid for their dresses because I felt I was making them wearing something for my day, it was on me to take on that cost.

• Annie
    VIP October 2018
    Annie ·

Azazie is wonderful. I had 3 bridesmaids and the dresses they wore were $110. They were cheaper than David's bridal and I think better quality.

• Bride 2019
    Dedicated April 2019
  • Sarah
    Dedicated October 2020
    Sarah ·
    Azazie has a lot of dresses that aren’t hella expensive. Most are $160 or less. (Designer bridesmaid gowns can run upwards of $400-500 🙈). Traditionally it’s expected that the bridesmaids pay for their own dresses. As another poster said though, expensive to one person may be a steal to someone else. One option would be to give them a color and length and then have them buy whatever dress they like from whatever store they like. Then that puts the price point in their court.
  • Gen
    Master June 2019
    Gen ·
    We used David’s bridal, my girls each paid for their own, but I let them choose any dress as long as it was the right color. They ended up spending between $130-160
  • Kristen
    Just Said Yes October 2019
    Kristen ·
    View Quoted Comment

Same, that's how I feel. Our budget is $4000

• Lady ·

I've always thought it was really crappy that it's normal for bridesmaids to pay for their own dresses. I don't think they should essentially have to pay for the honor of standing up in my wedding. I paid for my girls dresses.

Also, I would look at department stores. Places like Macy's and JC Pennys have formal dresses on sale ALL THE TIME. I got my navy chiffon Calvin Klein dresses for like $60 apiece for my girls.

• B
    Just Said Yes September 2019
    Beth ·
    Birdygrey.com. all dresses are$99 with shipping its like $107. My friend who just got married had us order ours from there. Good quality, quickly received.. less than a week, I'm sure that varies. And my bridesmaids are also going to go through them.

Comment on this discussion