Sabrina
Beginner October 2011

Beware of honeysbridal.com!

Sabrina, on June 23, 2011 at 3:04 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 3
Saved Save

I ordered my wedding dress as well as my Matron of Honor's dress from those online stores, that turn out to be in China. My Matron of Honor's dress from honeysbridal.com turned out to be a very different color than what was on their color chart. I knew I was taking a chance it would be little lighter or darker than expected, I would have been fine with that. However, the deep green with olive-tone dress we were expecting turned out to be bright turquoise, not even on their color chart!

They were so attentive in emailing me when I initially submitted my order to confirm the order and answer any questions, but once they had my money and the dress was sent, they didn't care about the satisfaction of their clients. Their website says that there is no risk buying from them, satisfaction guaranteed, returns and refunds granted, etc. They've ignored all 8 emails I've sent.

So be warned, they do not honor their "guarantee". Only order from them if you don't care about the color.

3 Comments

• Meghan
    Master August 2011
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

Sorry you had this experience. It's actually quite common with China sellers. They aren't held to the same legal standards are US companies. So, even if they have a guarantee, it's not binding and there is nothing you can do if you're unhappy.

And they have a ton of great reviews... many of which because they wrote themselves.

This just goes to show- do research on EVERY vendor you use- even an internet website.

• Sabrina
    Beginner October 2011
    Sabrina ·
    • Flag

Tell me about it!! I wrote a review on their site which of course, never got posted.

I'm not a bridezilla who expected the dress to turn out perfectly, I was more ticked at the fact that they would not even acknowledge me after they had my money. Oh well, live and learn, right? We'll make the dress work. :-)

• D
    Just Said Yes May 2013
    debby ·
    • Flag

I talked to them about sending me a swatch and was guided to their color selection. I repeatedly asked for a sample of the fabric and explained to them that what my monitor shows would be different than their monitor and thus the actual swatch of material. They told me that NO ONE gives out swatches of fabric. I told them that I have had dresses made by others and yes, people give out swatches. I was then called a name, which I will not repeat.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics