Heather
Dedicated October 2019

Add a key hole?

Heather, on March 14, 2019 at 7:25 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 10
Saved Save
For our cathedral wedding I'm considering adding a key hole back. What do you think? Add it or does it take away from the dress?

Add a key hole? 1

Add a key hole? 2

Add a key hole? 3

Add a key hole? 4

Add a key hole? 5

10 Comments

• Alexandra
    Super December 2018
    Alexandra ·
    • Flag

I actually love the way it looks without it! But what about if you make the "sleeves and key hole" removable. Have it for the ceremony, and then take that part off for the reception? 2 looks, awesome pictures!! Smiley smile

• Heather
    Dedicated October 2019
    Heather ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I could definitely do that because it bruins inside of the dress! It's totally removable. I originally was set in keyhole, but I've been leaning towards not having lately. Haha!!
  • Alexandra
    Super December 2018
    Alexandra ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hah!! Awesome!! You get the best of both worlds that way!!

• Mrs. J Robinson
    Super March 2019
    Mrs. J Robinson ·
    • Flag
    Hi Heather!! We’re dress twins!! 😍😍😍 I think the keyhole is a great touch to the dress! I do agree that whatever you get you should absolutely ask to get it detachable. I went a more subtle route and added off the shoulder straps to my dress! I had the seamstress make them detachable so I can wear the straps for ceremony and pictures and them remove them for the rest of the evening but honestly I’m soooooooooo in love with them that I might not even take them off!

Add a key hole? 6
  • Megan
    Super May 2019
    Megan ·
    • Flag

Your dress is absolutely gorgeous. I love it without the keyhole but I like the PP's suggestion of making it removable if you do end up doing it!

• Maggie
    Champion October 2025
    Maggie ·
    • Flag

Pro keyhole here, but even pro-er if it's removable!! You in that dress without it is just...I can't even think of the word I want, that's how good it is! Smiley laugh

• Melissa
    VIP September 2019
    Melissa ·
    • Flag
    I love that keyhole. I was looking for something like that for mine but couldn’t find the word for it. Detachable is nice but I don’t see the need for detachable bc why would you take it off? And I’m pretty sure you aren’t gonna wear the dress on a regular basis. Only way I would get detachable would be if it was cheaper lol
  • Tina
    March 2020
    Tina ·
    • Flag
    My question for you is what type of veil are you wearing? If you're wearing one which covers up the back anyways no one will see the lovely keyhole and beadwork if you are wearing it for ceremony only. The dress is beautiful either way and you beautiful in it!
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

I honestly wouldn't do it. The dress is stunning and so flattering as is.

• Heather
    Dedicated October 2019
    Heather ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That's awesome!! You clearly have good taste! Haha!! Love it!

Comment on this discussion