WED - Wedding Event Design Reviews

WED - Wedding Event Design 4
WED - Wedding Event Design 5
WED - Wedding Event Design 6

Audrey Randolph · Married on 05/05/2018

10/10 for Haley, Mary Kate, and Ellen!!

I had the pleasure of working with Haley, Mary Kate, and Ellen to plan my wedding and having their help and expertise for the planning and execution let me enjoy and experience the wedding weekend to the fullest. They kept us on track with the planning, and made sure that our events flowed together seamlessly all weekend. They also managed everyone in my family to make sure that their ideas and opinion were incorporated. WED coordinated all logistics and were vendor manager extraordinaires! All of these ladies dealt with my ever changing questions, needs, concerns, etc. and did so with a calm and professional demeanor. Ellen was our enforcer who made sure that things were all moving and in place, and Haley and Mary Kate pulled significant weight to keep the show on track!

I also have had the pleasure of attending a wedding that Haley was the lead planner for and her warm, calming, and professional demeanor was appreciated by all. My husband was a groomsmen and said that both the bride and groom's families gushed over Haley and would use her again in a heartbeat!

I cannot say enough complimentary things about WED. If you have the chance to use them (and they're available) book them!

Sent on 02/22/2019
    WED - Wedding Event Design 7
    WED - Wedding Event Design 8
    WED - Wedding Event Design 9
    WED - Wedding Event Design 10
    WED - Wedding Event Design 11
    WED - Wedding Event Design 12

Kathleen Koehler · Married on 04/14/2018

You can’t go wrong with WED

The entire team at WED was incredible. They are beyond experienced- they are masters. Every other vendors respects them and works so well with them- something that makes planning so much easier. Not to mention their ability to transform a small idea or inspiration into an incredible WOW on the day of our wedding was exceptional. We were completely blown away. By Sunday morning we were all looking at each other saying what in the world would we have done without Ellen, Haley and Mary Kate!?! Their ability to execute flawlessly day of can’t be understated.

Sent on 02/25/2019

Justine Mejia · Married on 10/21/2017

Simply the best

Haley and the whole Wed team truly made our wedding incredible for us and for all of our guests. They were on top of every detail, clear about costs and helped troubleshoot problems before and during the day. On top of that they are just such fun people to be around and to work with. They were supportive, organized and creative. Haley quickly became one of our favorite people in the world! I could not recommend them more.

Sent on 02/23/2019

Mary Beth · Married on 04/08/2017

Wow!! A small word, but it means so much when talking about my daughter's wedding. Margaret Roberts from WED was our wedding planner, and I cannot say enough about her! From the moment we met Margaret until the day of the wedding, the entire process was fun and easy. In our opinion, everything was perfect!! My daughter had the wedding of her dreams and if it wasn't for Margaret and her team, that would not have been the case. The wedding was at the Daniel Island Club in Charleston, SC, and Margaret transformed the space into something truly amazing. We were getting compliments all night long. We hated to see the evening end, but even more so, I was sad to think I wouldn't be seeing Margaret any more. She exceeded all of our expectations, and I would highly recommend hiring Margaret if you need a wedding planner. She is simply "the best!" :-)

Sent on 04/15/2017

Christina · Married on 10/29/2016

Ellen and the entire WED team were absolutely awesome to work with. We knew WED had a great reputation in the Charleston area - but our experience with them was even better than we expected!! They were so great to work with and made every step of planning easier. We knew we didn't have to stress because Ellen kept us on track and listened to what was important to us. She was always very responsive and willing to talk if need be - and she was so organized!! On our wedding day, the WED team made sure everything ran smoothly and truly made our vision a reality. We cannot recommend them highly enough. Thank you for everything WED!!

Sent on 03/28/2017

Lenny · Married on 09/04/2016

Margaret Roberts and the WED team were an absolute pleasure to work with during every step of the planning and execution of my daughter's destination wedding in Charleston! Margaret was able to take the bride & groom's vision and turn it into reality....and the results were stunning! Not even a hurricane rattled these expert event planners! Every detail of the wedding day was carried out so seamlessly. The WED staff was very professional on wedding day from dress to demeanor and helped create a wonderful sense of calm for the entire wedding party! A joy to work with and would recommend without hesitation!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Julie · Married on 10/24/2015

I can't say enough great things about Margaret Roberts and the WED team! Margaret was incredibly organized and easy to work with throughout the planning process. She really understood my husband and me as a couple and did a beautiful job of executing my vision. She has impeccable taste and I was always able to trust her opinion. She also has a great demeanor and energy. Margaret and her team were especially wonderful and helpful on the day of our wedding. I don't know what we would've done without them!

Sent on 01/21/2016

As a Catering Manager I have worked with lots of wedding planners so when it came to planning my own wedding, there was no hesitation on whom we wanted – WED! Margaret Roberts made our wedding perfect. She was there for every stage of planning from picking a venue to finalizing billing after the honeymoon. She kept me sane, on budget and made the process so smooth. She took the idea we had for our wedding and made it happen. I cannot begin to express how thankful I am for the ladies of WED!

Sent on 03/12/2015

Stacey · Married on 10/18/2014

It's been a few months since my wedding and I am still thinking about it. I cannot stress enough to new brides how important it is to hire a wedding planner for one of the most important days in your life. If you are on the fence... DO IT!!! I chose Katie Huebel with WED and let me tell you... it was the best decision I have ever made. I am the girl who wanted to get married but dreaded the process but Katie and her fabulous team (Ty... love you!) held my hand every step of the way and turned it into an event that all my friends and family will remember for an eternity. Every detail was thought out meticulously... they did not miss a thing. Our family and friends enjoyed an evening that was stress free and beyond fun! Katie and Ty are a duo who know the business and know how to plan the best wedding ever! I miss working with these ladies... they are truly the best!!

Sent on 02/17/2015

RORY · Married on 09/13/2014

I loved working with WED! When our original wedding planner left the company 4 months before our wedding, I was a bit nervous, but the owner of the company and our new wedding planner contacted us immediately and went above and beyond to make us feel secure that our big day would go off without a hitch. Our wedding planner, Margaret, was wonderful! She was extremely responsive and in constant communication with us. The WED staff, including Kathleen, were so friendly, helpful and organized. We could not have pulled off this wedding without them! Everything came together beautifully at the wedding and our guests were definitely in awe of the venue and what WED did to make the venue come alive. From helping to bustle my dress to making sure the guests were taken care of to everything in between and everything behind the scenes that Margaret did was top notch! I definitely recommend WED and Margaret for their wedding planning and coordination services!

Sent on 09/25/2014

Lauren · Married on 04/26/2014

While I am embarrassed to say that it has taken me over two years to review, our wedding in Beaufort, SC was absolutely perfect thanks to Katie and Ty. From someone who has worked in the hotel / meetings & event industry since high school and notices every detail, I can honestly say that every aspect of our weekend was managed professionally and flawlessly. I can't thank Katie and Ty enough for going above and beyond for us!

Sent on 06/14/2016

Would rate WED 10.0/5.0
    Luke Wilson was the most wonderful help for my daughter's wedding - the entire process became painless, stress free and enjoyable because of him and his team - Ashley and Jon Michael were with us on the day and we cannot speak highly enough of their professionalism, enthusiasm and help - we really could not have done it without them. What a "find" they proved to be!! He introduced us to the best florist ever, plus gave us the WOW factor with linen suggestions! We could go on and on and on about how fantastic they are, and only wish we had another wedding to plan with them!!

Sent on 06/10/2013

Simply put... I cannot imagine planning my wedding without Luke! I was pretty clueless and vision-less from the start, but somehow he put together a wedding that was not only beautiful, elegant, and VERY, VERY fun -- but also perfectly suited to my and my husband's personalities. I never mentioned that I love old farm tables, but Luke suggested we use them at the wedding (the perfect touch!), and I felt like he just got us completely.

Besides trusting Luke's taste completely, I also trusted him to solve any last-minute hiccups (because of course there are last-minute hiccups!) -- and he did so without blinking. Finally (and perhaps most importantly), he is so much fun!!! It was a pleasure to plan a wedding with him, and it was such a treat to have him there with me on my wedding day.

I HIGHLY recommend Luke.

Sent on 06/24/2013

Erin · Married on 04/27/2013

Luke Wilson with Wedding.Event.Design was truly a godsend. His exceptional reputation precedes him and he exceeded every expectation I had. Luke works within your budget to make your dream wedding happen. I was able to describe a general look and feel for my wedding and he made it simply perfect with all the fine details. His coordination and relationships around Charleston are unmatched and I can't imagine anyone planning a wedding here without him. Many guests at my wedding commented that it all looked like a southern fairytale and I couldn't agree more! Moreover, Luke is uniquely attentive during the planning process; although he has many clients, I always felt like I was the only one. He is also hilarious and takes the stress out of planning and just makes it fun! I'd recommend Luke to anyone getting married in the Charleston area. He is simply the best!

Sent on 06/18/2013

2.0
      3.0
      3.0

Would not hire again

Haley & the team were absolutely amazing on the day of our wedding. They made sure everything was perfect and running smoothly.

However, if I had to redo the entire experience I would definitely not hire them again. If we had just hired them as day of/month of planners then it would have been perfect. But we hired them as full service planners.

As far as the planning itself was concerned, I felt stressed out a lot of the time, and a large part of this was because I did not feel as though Haley/WED had my back. We emailed a lot to communicate, and on average I'd wait anywhere from 3 - 6 days to hear back.

My mom would also call them to talk about details and would also not be able to get in touch for days, and this also happened multiple times.

One of the most constant phrases I heard from Haley was that she was "with another bride/busy working on another upcoming wedding". Which I get!! I'm not expecting VIP treatment or for her to be available at all times- wedding planning is crazy and I know both her & her team are all busy. But I heard it from her so much that it made me feel unimportant and low priority. She also cancelled 2 meetings with me (one to meet with the photographer and she also missed our tasting) because of other weddings that were coming up that she needed to work on. Which would be fine - but in the full service WED contract it specifically states that WED vendors will attend all pre-event meetings w/ the clients.. and this was also something Haley told me herself was included in the full service planning.

I think if you are looking for someone to just show up on the day and make sure things go perfectly, then WED is really good at that. But if you're looking for someone who will go above and beyond, will honor their contract & do what they say they'll do, and is organized, structured, and will get back to you in a timely manner, then it would be best to go with a different planner.

Sent on 02/21/2019