Charleston, SC 29414 Map · Phone number · Visit website
Package Price $2,500
Availability Check your date

About MOD Events

MOD Events is a boutique wedding planning company based in Charleston, South Carolina that specializes in event and floral design. They will flawlessly organize and execute your celebration so that you can enjoy your wedding day.

Experience
MOD Events is led by Kala and Kara. They create seamless and unforgettable events for their clients. Kala's experience in hospitality and management allows her to work with clients side by side and make sure their vision comes to life. Kara was the catering director at CSU, where she oversaw large events. This experience gave her insight into event logistics and coordination.

The team at MOD will make sure to alleviate all the stress you may have. They have a keen eye for detail and will work closely with your vendors to make sure they fit your style and budget. They offer the following packages and services so that your wedding is one-of-a-kind:

• Full wedding coordination
  • Partial wedding planning with event design
  • Day/month of wedding coordination
  • Coordination of rehearsal
  • Setup/breakdown
  • Vendor suggestions
  • Assistance with rentals
  • Design and in-house decor
  • Coordination of ceremony and reception
  • Design and execution of floor plan and timeline
  • Floral design
meredith arnold creek club 2
jordan chase faves 194
jordan chase faves 203
MOD Events
kayla flowers daniel island club
legare waring house sarah
chelsea and chris s wedding wedding pictures 0566
kalamodevents jordan bouquet
kalamodevents legare waring
MOD Events
sarah tyler legare waring house mod
rutherford wedding 528
kelli smith wedding 2
rustic wedding carriage house
veranda head table
MOD Events
veranda lighting sarah gale wedding
succulent cabbage bouquet

MOD Events 7
  • Alexandra

Alexandra Moody · Married on 06/19/2019

The Perfect Planner

I have never been the girl who dreamed about a wedding. I did not have a “vision,” and I didn’t know even a tenth of what was required to pull off a successful event -- and that’s a generous estimate. I did know that planning a destination wedding from 600 miles away would be impossible, and I reached out to a number of vendors, but from the first communication, I knew Kala was The One.

In my first email to Kala, I made some dumb joke about my cats, and my. girl. just. rolled. with. it. Over the course of a year, she kept me on track with what to do when, communicated and negotiated with all the vendors, saved me A TON of money, and was the first to reach out if I dropped “off the grid” just a little too long.

On the day of my wedding, my girl handled EVERYTHING -- even a last-minute location change when it started to rain literal before the outside ceremony began. There were no problems; there was no drama. I just had to show up in the right outfit and not forget the rings. I just can’t express how stress-free this all was.

And the flowers (she did those too)… When she originally asked me about flowers, I think my response was, “there should be flowers” or something equally dumb. I sent her a picture of a bouquet that I liked and was like, “something like this.” She did exactly that -- well, to be fair, she did it better -- and at a very fair price. She even threw in some extra flowers (at no cost to me) to make it special. They were gorgeous, and my bouquet lasted three weeks after my wedding!

Kala’s personality makes you think, this is a person who has found her niche. She is made for this career. She’s funny, fun, engaging, bossy when she needs to be (but always with that kind Southern charm), and an absolute pleasure to work with. I honestly think she knows everyone in Charleston, and I have no doubt if you said something like, “For the reception, I would like a guy dressed as a pirate who jumps through flaming hoops while playing the accordion,” she would respond, “totally. I know this guy Steve. Let me see if I can get him to knock off a few hundred dollars.” And BOOM. You’d have your Polka Pirate at a discount.

Kala was perfect for and with my family and me. Of all the choices I made -- from the venue to the food to even the dress -- she was the absolute best one. My only regret is that, now that it’s all over, it’s a little like losing a friend. Although I think if I invited her out for tacos and drinks when I’m back in town, she’d make time for it. She’s just that kind of person.

Oh! MOST TELLING OF ALL: she managed to pull all of this off with a newborn. That’s some next-level commitment there.

In short, hire ModEvents. Get to know this lovely, lovely woman, and rest assured your wedding will be in the best, most capable hands in Charleston.

Sent on 07/13/2019

Ginnie · Married on 05/18/2019

The. Best.

MOD Events is who you need to book! This team is amazing! Kala goes above and beyond to make sure she understands your vision and every single detail is taken care of. I don’t even know where to start with this review because my entire experience with MOD Events was so positive, it would be impossible to list all the reasons as to why a couple should lock in MOD to plan their wedding. Leading up to the big day, the wealth of knowledge that Kala provides is immeasurable. She has great relationships with so many vendors and will make suggestions regarding where to splurge, where to skimp, and how to get the most bang for your buck. I unfortunately had a totally weird freak thing happen to one of my vendors a couple months out from the wedding, that made it impossible for them to honor the contract in place. I slightly freaked out, but Kala took over, reached out to all her contacts, and went above and beyond to find us a replacement that we were happy with. This is NOT an easy task to take on just a couple months out from the wedding. I don’t know what I would have done without her with this predicament. MOD also did my flowers which were everything! I really liked having the planner do the flowers because I felt I could relay the feel/ vibe/ vision I was hoping for and her team was able to execute this into all aspects of the design of the wedding. (You don’t have to use them for flowers btw, but they do a wonderful job!) Her team is amazing! They all worked so hard the day of. Everything was executed to perfection. My groom and I had the most enjoyable day ever because of all their hard work and attention to detail. I couldn’t have asked for a better planner to work with! Use MOD Events and you will be so happy!

Sent on 05/21/2019

• Do you offer an hourly rate? No
  • How many planners are on your team? 4

• Wedding Music Charleston
    Wedding Music Charleston Wedding DJs

I cannot give a better endorsement than this one. Kala and her team are on point and friendly at all times. They know exactly what to do and when to do it. They have an eye for beauty and understand how to work within a budget. If you want a magical event you should contact them immediately before they are booked. You will be so happy that you did! Michael Peifer- Owner, Wedding Music Charleston

• Chantilly Lace Photography LLC
    Chantilly Lace Photography LLC Wedding Photographers

We seriously love working with Kala! We're always excited at the opportunity to work with her because she always makes sure the day runs smoothly. She is attentive to detail, hustles while remaining calm and cool and is considerate of other venders. MOD Events doesn't disappoint! :)

• Vanity Salon
    Vanity Salon Wedding Hair & Makeup

We have enjoyed working with MOD Events over the years. They are truly a pleasure to work with every single time. You will be super happy with their professionalism and creativity.

• Charleston, 29414 See on map