MOD Events Reviews

MOD Events 4
MOD Events 5
  • · Married on 10/04/2019

Mother of the Bride

I can't say enough about Kala and her team from MODevents! Charleston was a destination wedding for my daughter, so I was a little nervous about not being local throughout the planning process. From our first conversation with Kala, we felt so comfortable with her and her knowledge of everything Charleston--on top of that, her upbeat personality makes her simply wonderful to work with!

Kala was available to us on a moment's notice, and was not only well organized and detail oriented, but has a great eye for design--and could make suggestions that would work for the venue always keeping my daughter's vision in mind.
    Kala was a great calming presence, she is unflappable! We had a small snafu right before the ceremony--the musician was not able to make the ceremony, and Kala quietly relayed the information to me, and handled it with a great option without missing a beat.

Kala has relationships with so many vendors in Charleston and was able to make multiple, really great recommendations, while at the same time, making cost saving suggestions.

I truly felt relaxed and able to enjoy our daughter's wedding because we were in the capable hands of Kala and MODevents. I would highly recommend Kala and Kara!

Sent on 10/13/2019
  • Alexandra

Alexandra Moody · Married on 06/19/2019

The Perfect Planner

I have never been the girl who dreamed about a wedding. I did not have a “vision,” and I didn’t know even a tenth of what was required to pull off a successful event -- and that’s a generous estimate. I did know that planning a destination wedding from 600 miles away would be impossible, and I reached out to a number of vendors, but from the first communication, I knew Kala was The One.

In my first email to Kala, I made some dumb joke about my cats, and my. girl. just. rolled. with. it. Over the course of a year, she kept me on track with what to do when, communicated and negotiated with all the vendors, saved me A TON of money, and was the first to reach out if I dropped “off the grid” just a little too long.

On the day of my wedding, my girl handled EVERYTHING -- even a last-minute location change when it started to rain literal before the outside ceremony began. There were no problems; there was no drama. I just had to show up in the right outfit and not forget the rings. I just can’t express how stress-free this all was.

And the flowers (she did those too)… When she originally asked me about flowers, I think my response was, “there should be flowers” or something equally dumb. I sent her a picture of a bouquet that I liked and was like, “something like this.” She did exactly that -- well, to be fair, she did it better -- and at a very fair price. She even threw in some extra flowers (at no cost to me) to make it special. They were gorgeous, and my bouquet lasted three weeks after my wedding!

Kala’s personality makes you think, this is a person who has found her niche. She is made for this career. She’s funny, fun, engaging, bossy when she needs to be (but always with that kind Southern charm), and an absolute pleasure to work with. I honestly think she knows everyone in Charleston, and I have no doubt if you said something like, “For the reception, I would like a guy dressed as a pirate who jumps through flaming hoops while playing the accordion,” she would respond, “totally. I know this guy Steve. Let me see if I can get him to knock off a few hundred dollars.” And BOOM. You’d have your Polka Pirate at a discount.

Kala was perfect for and with my family and me. Of all the choices I made -- from the venue to the food to even the dress -- she was the absolute best one. My only regret is that, now that it’s all over, it’s a little like losing a friend. Although I think if I invited her out for tacos and drinks when I’m back in town, she’d make time for it. She’s just that kind of person.

Oh! MOST TELLING OF ALL: she managed to pull all of this off with a newborn. That’s some next-level commitment there.

In short, hire ModEvents. Get to know this lovely, lovely woman, and rest assured your wedding will be in the best, most capable hands in Charleston.

Sent on 07/13/2019

Ginnie · Married on 05/18/2019

The. Best.

MOD Events is who you need to book! This team is amazing! Kala goes above and beyond to make sure she understands your vision and every single detail is taken care of. I don’t even know where to start with this review because my entire experience with MOD Events was so positive, it would be impossible to list all the reasons as to why a couple should lock in MOD to plan their wedding. Leading up to the big day, the wealth of knowledge that Kala provides is immeasurable. She has great relationships with so many vendors and will make suggestions regarding where to splurge, where to skimp, and how to get the most bang for your buck. I unfortunately had a totally weird freak thing happen to one of my vendors a couple months out from the wedding, that made it impossible for them to honor the contract in place. I slightly freaked out, but Kala took over, reached out to all her contacts, and went above and beyond to find us a replacement that we were happy with. This is NOT an easy task to take on just a couple months out from the wedding. I don’t know what I would have done without her with this predicament. MOD also did my flowers which were everything! I really liked having the planner do the flowers because I felt I could relay the feel/ vibe/ vision I was hoping for and her team was able to execute this into all aspects of the design of the wedding. (You don’t have to use them for flowers btw, but they do a wonderful job!) Her team is amazing! They all worked so hard the day of. Everything was executed to perfection. My groom and I had the most enjoyable day ever because of all their hard work and attention to detail. I couldn’t have asked for a better planner to work with! Use MOD Events and you will be so happy!

Sent on 05/21/2019

Kelly · Married on 04/14/2019

I love mod

I was lucky enough to work with both Kala and Kara at MOD Events. I got the best of both worlds- Kara is thoughtful and organized while Kala is creative and spontaneous. These ladies make wedding planning look easy- they know all the best vendors and always responded right away whenever I had questions. I was so impressed with how smoothly everything went on my wedding day. They were a joy to work with and if you are planning a wedding in Charleston you should book them ASAP! I hope they still want to hang out with me now that the wedding is over.

MOD Events 6
    MOD Events 7
    MOD Events 8
    Sent on 06/06/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah Holzer · Married on 02/11/2019

Best Planners Ever - love Mod Events!!

How do I put into words what Kala and Kara did for our day... In planning they recommended some of the best vendors that we got so many compliments on, they helped me stay on task and get things done in a timely manner, and they helped make our vision for the day possible. Weekend of the wedding they handled EVERYTHING - our flowers were stunning, better than I could have ever dreamed. They handled all vendor communication, fixed any issues (like they went and got the cake when I left it at the hotel), and made sure we were 100% taken care of. If you are getting married you need your fiance and Mod Events — and guaranteed it will be everything you could ever dream of. Kala and Kara THANK YOU - we couldn’t imagine our day without you and we feel so grateful to have found such amazing people to share our day with. If you need a wedding planner in Charleston or Mount Pleasant - act fast and book them, I promise it will be one of the best decisions you make.

MOD Events 9
    MOD Events 10
    Sent on 11/07/2019
  • Danielle

Danielle Porcellini · Married on 02/09/2019

Above and Beyond!!!!!

Guys. I’m hard to please. People that don’t do their job well drive me INSANE. Kala at MOD events is absolutely EXCEPTIONAL!!!!!!! She was my day-of planner, but went above and beyond with everything. She must have met with me 10 times before the wedding, met me at the rental company to help pick things, and did all of this while pregnant! My wedding day was STRESS FREE because of her. She had everything under control, ran the whole ceremony rehearsal, set up everything so beautifully, cleaned up at the end and packed my car with everything after I left. She even got in her car and drove around the neighborhood for 20 minutes looking for our drunk best man who was an idiot and left at 8 pm walking home in the dark 🙄. She is an angel and really cares about making your day the best day of your life. I am super picky and a perfectionist and she literally did everything perfectly. My wedding day was perfect because of HER!

Sent on 02/21/2019
  • Laura

Laura Osowski · Married on 11/11/2018

Perfect Wedding!

Where do I even start!? For a year, Kara helped me to plan my wedding. What she did was ABOVE AND BEYOND and I couldn't be more grateful. Every little detail was perfectly executed. She listened to everything that I said I was hoping for... and made it happen!

Fixing my dress bustle...bringing us food after the ceremony... keeping us on our timeline... and keeping me calm... she did it all! She listened and helped with every important decision, every silly decision, and all of the fun things in between! I never wanted a big wedding, but I am so glad we did this. People STILL can't stop raving about how beautiful it was and how smooth everything went.

Kala Williams (the owner of MOD Events) did our flowers for the wedding, and they were stunning! My bouquet was so beautiful. (She was so excited I wanted to use a lot of color, and really gave some great suggestions!) Kara and Kala helped with wedding vendor recommendations, and each one was top notch.

We have had multiple guests ask us who planned our wedding, so that they can also use Kara in the future! I would absolutely recommend MOD Events for any bride and groom looking to throw the celebration of a lifetime. :)

MOD Events 11
    Sent on 02/13/2019

Holly H Wise (Mother Of Bride) · Married on 10/27/2018

Choose MOD Events as your Wedding Coordination Team as soon as you can!

Kala is one talented and wonderful lady! A positive attitude, flexibility, and excellent communication/ organizational skills are “must haves” for wedding services and Kala of MOD Events represents all three to the MAX.

Positive Attitude: You will LOVE Kala's enthusiasm for her craft. She guided us towards the right decisions, but also did not push back against any of our choices. She eased our minds with our plan, made it come to life the day of the wedding, and made the dream come through!

Flexibility: I don’t know how anyone can plan a wedding without someone as amazing as Kala.
    My daughter was in the middle of an accelerated nursing program when she got engaged. The wedding date was set for 5 months following her graduation and she had little time between exams and clinicals to meet and plan details. As a busy working professional, my schedule often conflicted with my daughter’s schedule. Somehow, Kala was able to navigate between our wish-lists and schedules to help keep us on track as we worked through the planning of a wedding ceremony at home and a reception in downtown. Kala is easy to deal with on every level. Her talents, patience and sincerity are beyond measurable.

Organization: Kala is extremely organized, going over a few details at a time as to not overwhelm you with information. She was patient and caring and allowed us to focus on each other instead of details. Kala works with the best and I was extremely pleased with every vendor she recommended. There is not a doubt in my mind that Kala & Kara kept us on track the day of our wedding which allowed us to relax and enjoy the beautiful ceremony and reception.

Communication Skills:
    Kala has a wealth of experience and can help guide you if you’re unsure which options are best.
    She is honest and not once did we ever feel pressured to upgrade or add items. She worked with all of our vendors to ensure everyone was on the same page for the wedding day. As the details of the wedding-weekend timeline evolved, Kala updated us regularly.

Kala and her team are truly amazing and their talents cannot be overstated. My husband and I both feel that they are true professionals and can’t say enough good things about them! They understand the importance of the wedding day and go above and beyond to ensure it is a truly special experience. We developed a long-lasting friendship in the process and I cannot thank Kala enough for making the planning and the day of my daughter's wedding so enjoyable!

Sent on 01/11/2019

Jamie Seals · Married on 10/15/2018

A relaxed wedding event with beautiful decorations, bouquet and flowers at Boone Hall Plantation

I purchased the day-of coordinator package through MOD events and worked with Kala exclusively until the day of the wedding. She was responsive, friendly, patient, encouraging and always had good recommendations for how to design/create what I wanted. She was there for day-of ceremony to set up and brought my flowers to the beach house. She always was smiling and positive. A reliable friend through the day. She added some extra flowers and greenery to the tables and venue free of charge because she wanted it to look top notch. She allowed me to use some lanterns and even went above and beyond to place them in the trees for me as I had shown her in a picture before. A perfect coordinator and wedding planner! We had amazing compliments from our guests and they all had a wonderful time. Thank you MOD events!!

MOD provided flowers and table decor for the wedding. Kala created the bouquets and table arrangements and boutonnières

MOD Events 12

MOD Events 16
    MOD Events 17
    Sent on 10/25/2018

Anne · Married on 05/05/2018

I will start by saying I don't think I can write a review to brag enough or show just how grateful I am for MOD Events! I can not say enough about Kala and Kara, not only as wedding planners, but as genuinely wonderful people! They are the absolute BEST!
    From the first phone conversation with Kala, I felt like we had known each other forever! She was so responsive to emails, texts and phone calls.. no matter how often I bugged her! She saw my vision perfectly, and made every small detail exactly how I dreamed it would be.
    The day of and days up to our wedding, my bridesmaids kept on saying they couldn't believe how calm I was. I even expected to be super stressed about having everything perfect that day, but with Kara there I felt super at ease and knew everything was going to be flawless! MOD Events also did my flowers.. they were absolutely ideal! From my bouquet, the bridesmaids bouquets, to ceremony and reception flowers... I could not have imagined them fitting our wedding so perfectly.
    My wedding day could not have been any more perfect, and a HUGE part of that is due to Kala and Kara! Having them there through out the whole planning process will be the best decision you make!

MOD Events 18
    MOD Events 24
    MOD Events 25
    Sent on 06/18/2018

Samantha · Married on 03/22/2018

You need to choose MOD events! Kala at MOD events was the best thing we ever chose for our wedding. Kala is absolutely incredible! She is extremely responsive, knowledgeable with the vendors, and has a phenomenal eye when it comes to décor/suggestions to make your wedding look beautiful. Most of all she is beyond dedicated to your wedding to make sure it is exactly what you want, and to make you feel like you are the only focus in the world. She always made sure we were stress free and everything was taken care of every step of the way. Her referrals for vendors were also top notch, and helped make our wedding perfect all around! I get overwhelmed easy, and I can honestly say there was not one point I felt overwhelmed with the planning process- Kala steps in and makes sure everything is taken care of for you. I also chose to do flowers in house through Kala- they were absolutely stunning. I think beyond everything else she is an incredible person to be around... I cannot say better things about a person or company! When I say Mod Events was the best choice we made for our wedding, I can't say it enough!!

Sent on 04/26/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 11/17/2017

Kala and MOD Events seamlessly threw an amazing wedding. She took care of every detail and made the planning process so much easier. The decorations were gorgeous. She helped us along the whole way with helping us pick vendors, make tough decisions, and eased our anxiety when we got anxious about a certain aspect of planning. We can’t thank MOD events enough for making our wedding day unforgettable and the most special day possible.

Sent on 01/18/2018

Jen · Married on 11/12/2017

I can't say enough wonderful things about Kala and her team. I can genuinely say we didn't experience any stress in the months, weeks, and days leading up to our wedding because Kala had made things so easy and FUN. Our wedding was gorgeous- beyond what I could have imagined! The flowers were phenomenal and she really took our vision and turned it into a reality. The whole wedding ran smooth and on time. But the biggest compliment I can give Kala is that we felt that her sincere priority was our happiness at our wedding. We were fed (we actually got FULL at our wedding!), always had drinks in our hands, and Kala was always asking if we needed anything else. I really can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 11/20/2017

Kimberly · Married on 10/21/2017

Kala is exceptional! She is professional, kind, sweet, helpful, determined, driven and goes above and beyond to make your wedding day extra special! She is there to make sure you are taken care of, stress-free and get what you want! I couldn't have made this day happen without Kala and Kara. MOD events was a necessity and we are so happy we chose them! Kala took the time to meet with me as much as I needed to make sure everything was right & truly listened to my vision/needs/wants. I am so grateful for her! We love Kala & MOD events!! Exceptional service and highly recommended! She is also very great with guests, family members & vendors....everyone loves Kala!!

Sent on 12/30/2017

Sophie · Married on 09/30/2017

We loved Kala so much! I was a very alternative bride and she created a plan for us that blended our unique style as a couple and also kept with tradition. On wedding day she kept all 20 of our wedding party in line and made sure the day went seamlessly. I loved working with her and she is just a genuinely lovely person to be around. Highly, highly recommend her! We know so many couples that didn’t like their wedding planners and I can not imagine how the day would have gone without Kala’s help. It’s SO important to trust your plan and Kala is just perfect. She also did our flowers and decor and everything looked stunning on the day of.

Sent on 10/18/2017

Allison · Married on 09/22/2017

I cannot express enough how wonderful MOD Events is! Kala and her team are miracle workers and our wedding was perfect in every way. Kala handled all of our flowers, centerpieces, decor, coordination, and more details than I probably even know about - everything was perfect and exactly what we had in mind. We never could have pulled off our wedding without her and would hire MOD again a million times over!!! THANK YOU!

Sent on 09/26/2017

Janet · Married on 07/22/2017

I don't think my wedding day would have gone as well without Kala. From the first phone call to the sendoff on our wedding day Kala was fantastic throughout my whole wedding planning process! She is so accommodating, she took my visions and made them a reality. She helped me pick my vendors, who were all great! She even handled contracts and my last minute changes with vendors in the last few weeks heading up to the wedding day, which is a huge relief for a bride :)! Not only did she help with my planning and organization but she did my flowers as well. I couldn't believe how beautiful the flowers came out either, they were talked about all night!
    Our wedding day was amazing and I owe it all to her hard work. I was amazed by her and her team during the actual wedding as well. They made sure we were comfortable, happy, fed and a drink in our hand. My family and friends are still talking about how great she was.
    She's such a sweet heart and you will not be disappointed if you hire her. I would highly recommend her for your special day!

Sent on 08/03/2017

Rob · Married on 06/03/2017

Kala did an exceptional job planning our wedding. My wife was at ease because of how experienced Kala and her team were. We were able to enjoy planning our wedding and more importantly, our friends, family and each other on our wedding day. Thanks Kala!

Sent on 03/16/2018
  • Z

Zan · Married on 04/15/2017

Kala was absolutely amazing. I've known Kala for about 15 years and we have a friendly banter kind of relationship. And if Kala wasn't amazing at her job I would never do this... and I always worry about hiring a friend, but WOW! I can't even try and find something wrong. Every little detail was gone over without it seeming tedious. I forgot my cake knife and she had hers on standby. She also made sure I had champagne or water in my hand at all times. She kept the day going and on track as nothing was forgotten. She also pulled my husband and myself away to get a bite to eat and be alone for a few minutes. After the wedding she helped pack the cars and when I called her asking for things I forgot to tell her she already took care of it. She also tucked our wedding license in my car above the visor.

The best part is I had a bouquet made for one of my best friends that passed away about 6 years ago and forgot to ask her to save it for me. When I asked her about it 3 days later she said that she had pulled a rose out of it and was drying it out/pressing it and was going to surprise me with it (but I ruined that surprise) but that's what makes Kala so great. It's the little things, no detail is overlooked. She thinks of everything without even being asked. Seriously you will not regret picking MOD events to do your wedding.

It was also nice when we got to the hotel suite after going out with friends that there was a bag of leftovers waiting for us. Thank you again, Kala, you made the day perfect!

Sent on 04/24/2017

Arianna · Married on 11/05/2016

We cannot express enough gratitude for MOD Events. Their abilities seem limitless, and their reputation is well-deserved. MOD Events provided planning and event coordination services for our wedding in November 2016. Our day was beyond awesome and MOD Events was one of the biggest reasons. Kala is a VERY talented and dedicated individual heading up a capable team. She was flexible meeting in advance, listened closely, and lent us invaluable advice along the way. We were guided through difficult choices, kept on schedule and within budget. Between Kala's relationships within the industry and keen eye for aesthetics (our venue details and decor were STUNNING thanks to her), we were so fortunate to have her help.

On the day of, MOD Events' staff worked tirelessly. We had a considerable snafu beyond our control on wedding weekend - we were bailed out big time by Kala! MOD Events' personal guidance and consummate professionalism were only a few things we noticed that day (nevermind everything which went unseen!). Our guests had a blast and haven't stopped raving about the fun that day! We are forever thankful and enthusiastically encourage others to enlist the services of MOD Events! Thanks, Kala!

Sent on 12/07/2016
  • Charlotte · Married on 10/14/2016

Kala was our coordinator for the rehearsal dinner. It was a destination wedding for 150 people. She was the perfect individual to use! She was the planner for both the rehearsal dinner and wedding...what a spectacular weekend!

Sent on 10/20/2016

Deborah · Married on 06/17/2016

Kala was our coordinator for my son's rehearsal dinner which included 230 guests. We had planned it for over a year to have it at the Citadel Beach Club until it burned a month before the dinner. She jumped into action and found us another venue that would hold that number of people on the water - Charleston Yacht Club. She kept us organized and calm throughout the entire planning and event. We live in Atlanta so we were doing this long distance. She was in constant contact. She is the nicest, more organized and efficient coordinator that I have ever worked with. The decorations, flowers, rentals, music, food and everything other detail was handled perfectly. I would highly recommend her for any event. She is amazing!

Sent on 01/18/2017

Best planner ever! We were reluctant to hire a planner on our budget but I knew we needed the help. Kala and her team not only saved me a ton of money but made the day perfect! I have no idea what I would have done without them! We were able to utilize a ton of MOD's décor and they made all of our flowers. My bouquets were even better than I imagined. I can't say enough about how important hiring a pro really is. This was by far the best $$$ I spent.

Sent on 06/19/2016

Abigail · Married on 10/24/2015

Loved Kala and Kara w/ MOD Events! Without even having to finish a sentence they understood me. My wedding day was flawless and perfect - I owe it all to them! Thanks again ladies, much love!!!

Sent on 11/06/2015