MOD Events Reviews

MOD Events 7
  • Laura

Laura Osowski · Married on 11/11/2018

Perfect Wedding!

Where do I even start!? For a year, Kara helped me to plan my wedding. What she did was ABOVE AND BEYOND and I couldn't be more grateful. Every little detail was perfectly executed. She listened to everything that I said I was hoping for... and made it happen!

Fixing my dress bustle...bringing us food after the ceremony... keeping us on our timeline... and keeping me calm... she did it all! She listened and helped with every important decision, every silly decision, and all of the fun things in between! I never wanted a big wedding, but I am so glad we did this. People STILL can't stop raving about how beautiful it was and how smooth everything went.

Kala Williams (the owner of MOD Events) did our flowers for the wedding, and they were stunning! My bouquet was so beautiful. (She was so excited I wanted to use a lot of color, and really gave some great suggestions!) Kara and Kala helped with wedding vendor recommendations, and each one was top notch.

We have had multiple guests ask us who planned our wedding, so that they can also use Kara in the future! I would absolutely recommend MOD Events for any bride and groom looking to throw the celebration of a lifetime. :)

MOD Events 8

Holly H Wise (Mother Of Bride) · Married on 10/27/2018

Choose MOD Events as your Wedding Coordination Team as soon as you can!

Kala is one talented and wonderful lady! A positive attitude, flexibility, and excellent communication/ organizational skills are “must haves” for wedding services and Kala of MOD Events represents all three to the MAX.

Positive Attitude: You will LOVE Kala's enthusiasm for her craft. She guided us towards the right decisions, but also did not push back against any of our choices. She eased our minds with our plan, made it come to life the day of the wedding, and made the dream come through!

Flexibility: I don’t know how anyone can plan a wedding without someone as amazing as Kala.
    My daughter was in the middle of an accelerated nursing program when she got engaged. The wedding date was set for 5 months following her graduation and she had little time between exams and clinicals to meet and plan details. As a busy working professional, my schedule often conflicted with my daughter’s schedule. Somehow, Kala was able to navigate between our wish-lists and schedules to help keep us on track as we worked through the planning of a wedding ceremony at home and a reception in downtown. Kala is easy to deal with on every level. Her talents, patience and sincerity are beyond measurable.

Organization: Kala is extremely organized, going over a few details at a time as to not overwhelm you with information. She was patient and caring and allowed us to focus on each other instead of details. Kala works with the best and I was extremely pleased with every vendor she recommended. There is not a doubt in my mind that Kala & Kara kept us on track the day of our wedding which allowed us to relax and enjoy the beautiful ceremony and reception.

Communication Skills:
    Kala has a wealth of experience and can help guide you if you’re unsure which options are best.
    She is honest and not once did we ever feel pressured to upgrade or add items. She worked with all of our vendors to ensure everyone was on the same page for the wedding day. As the details of the wedding-weekend timeline evolved, Kala updated us regularly.

Kala and her team are truly amazing and their talents cannot be overstated. My husband and I both feel that they are true professionals and can’t say enough good things about them! They understand the importance of the wedding day and go above and beyond to ensure it is a truly special experience. We developed a long-lasting friendship in the process and I cannot thank Kala enough for making the planning and the day of my daughter's wedding so enjoyable!

Jamie Seals · Married on 10/15/2018

A relaxed wedding event with beautiful decorations, bouquet and flowers at Boone Hall Plantation

I purchased the day-of coordinator package through MOD events and worked with Kala exclusively until the day of the wedding. She was responsive, friendly, patient, encouraging and always had good recommendations for how to design/create what I wanted. She was there for day-of ceremony to set up and brought my flowers to the beach house. She always was smiling and positive. A reliable friend through the day. She added some extra flowers and greenery to the tables and venue free of charge because she wanted it to look top notch. She allowed me to use some lanterns and even went above and beyond to place them in the trees for me as I had shown her in a picture before. A perfect coordinator and wedding planner! We had amazing compliments from our guests and they all had a wonderful time. Thank you MOD events!!

MOD provided flowers and table decor for the wedding. Kala created the bouquets and table arrangements and boutonnières

MOD Events 9
    MOD Events 10
    MOD Events 11

Jamie Seals · Married on 10/15/2018

MOD Events 12
    MOD Events 13
    MOD Events 14

Anne · Married on 05/05/2018

I will start by saying I don't think I can write a review to brag enough or show just how grateful I am for MOD Events! I can not say enough about Kala and Kara, not only as wedding planners, but as genuinely wonderful people! They are the absolute BEST!
    From the first phone conversation with Kala, I felt like we had known each other forever! She was so responsive to emails, texts and phone calls.. no matter how often I bugged her! She saw my vision perfectly, and made every small detail exactly how I dreamed it would be.
    The day of and days up to our wedding, my bridesmaids kept on saying they couldn't believe how calm I was. I even expected to be super stressed about having everything perfect that day, but with Kara there I felt super at ease and knew everything was going to be flawless! MOD Events also did my flowers.. they were absolutely ideal! From my bouquet, the bridesmaids bouquets, to ceremony and reception flowers... I could not have imagined them fitting our wedding so perfectly.
    My wedding day could not have been any more perfect, and a HUGE part of that is due to Kala and Kara! Having them there through out the whole planning process will be the best decision you make!

MOD Events 15
    MOD Events 20
    MOD Events 21
    MOD Events 22

Samantha · Married on 03/22/2018

You need to choose MOD events! Kala at MOD events was the best thing we ever chose for our wedding. Kala is absolutely incredible! She is extremely responsive, knowledgeable with the vendors, and has a phenomenal eye when it comes to décor/suggestions to make your wedding look beautiful. Most of all she is beyond dedicated to your wedding to make sure it is exactly what you want, and to make you feel like you are the only focus in the world. She always made sure we were stress free and everything was taken care of every step of the way. Her referrals for vendors were also top notch, and helped make our wedding perfect all around! I get overwhelmed easy, and I can honestly say there was not one point I felt overwhelmed with the planning process- Kala steps in and makes sure everything is taken care of for you. I also chose to do flowers in house through Kala- they were absolutely stunning. I think beyond everything else she is an incredible person to be around... I cannot say better things about a person or company! When I say Mod Events was the best choice we made for our wedding, I can't say it enough!!

Elizabeth · Married on 11/17/2017

Kala and MOD Events seamlessly threw an amazing wedding. She took care of every detail and made the planning process so much easier. The decorations were gorgeous. She helped us along the whole way with helping us pick vendors, make tough decisions, and eased our anxiety when we got anxious about a certain aspect of planning. We can’t thank MOD events enough for making our wedding day unforgettable and the most special day possible.

Kimberly · Married on 10/21/2017

Kala is exceptional! She is professional, kind, sweet, helpful, determined, driven and goes above and beyond to make your wedding day extra special! She is there to make sure you are taken care of, stress-free and get what you want! I couldn't have made this day happen without Kala and Kara. MOD events was a necessity and we are so happy we chose them! Kala took the time to meet with me as much as I needed to make sure everything was right & truly listened to my vision/needs/wants. I am so grateful for her! We love Kala & MOD events!! Exceptional service and highly recommended! She is also very great with guests, family members & vendors....everyone loves Kala!!

Sophie · Married on 09/30/2017

We loved Kala so much! I was a very alternative bride and she created a plan for us that blended our unique style as a couple and also kept with tradition. On wedding day she kept all 20 of our wedding party in line and made sure the day went seamlessly. I loved working with her and she is just a genuinely lovely person to be around. Highly, highly recommend her! We know so many couples that didn’t like their wedding planners and I can not imagine how the day would have gone without Kala’s help. It’s SO important to trust your plan and Kala is just perfect. She also did our flowers and decor and everything looked stunning on the day of.

Allison · Married on 09/22/2017

I cannot express enough how wonderful MOD Events is! Kala and her team are miracle workers and our wedding was perfect in every way. Kala handled all of our flowers, centerpieces, decor, coordination, and more details than I probably even know about - everything was perfect and exactly what we had in mind. We never could have pulled off our wedding without her and would hire MOD again a million times over!!! THANK YOU!

Janet · Married on 07/22/2017

I don't think my wedding day would have gone as well without Kala. From the first phone call to the sendoff on our wedding day Kala was fantastic throughout my whole wedding planning process! She is so accommodating, she took my visions and made them a reality. She helped me pick my vendors, who were all great! She even handled contracts and my last minute changes with vendors in the last few weeks heading up to the wedding day, which is a huge relief for a bride :)! Not only did she help with my planning and organization but she did my flowers as well. I couldn't believe how beautiful the flowers came out either, they were talked about all night!
    Our wedding day was amazing and I owe it all to her hard work. I was amazed by her and her team during the actual wedding as well. They made sure we were comfortable, happy, fed and a drink in our hand. My family and friends are still talking about how great she was.
    She's such a sweet heart and you will not be disappointed if you hire her. I would highly recommend her for your special day!

Rob · Married on 06/03/2017

Kala did an exceptional job planning our wedding. My wife was at ease because of how experienced Kala and her team were. We were able to enjoy planning our wedding and more importantly, our friends, family and each other on our wedding day. Thanks Kala!

• Z

Zan · Married on 04/15/2017

Kala was absolutely amazing. I've known Kala for about 15 years and we have a friendly banter kind of relationship. And if Kala wasn't amazing at her job I would never do this... and I always worry about hiring a friend, but WOW! I can't even try and find something wrong. Every little detail was gone over without it seeming tedious. I forgot my cake knife and she had hers on standby. She also made sure I had champagne or water in my hand at all times. She kept the day going and on track as nothing was forgotten. She also pulled my husband and myself away to get a bite to eat and be alone for a few minutes. After the wedding she helped pack the cars and when I called her asking for things I forgot to tell her she already took care of it. She also tucked our wedding license in my car above the visor.

The best part is I had a bouquet made for one of my best friends that passed away about 6 years ago and forgot to ask her to save it for me. When I asked her about it 3 days later she said that she had pulled a rose out of it and was drying it out/pressing it and was going to surprise me with it (but I ruined that surprise) but that's what makes Kala so great. It's the little things, no detail is overlooked. She thinks of everything without even being asked. Seriously you will not regret picking MOD events to do your wedding.

It was also nice when we got to the hotel suite after going out with friends that there was a bag of leftovers waiting for us. Thank you again, Kala, you made the day perfect!

Arianna · Married on 11/05/2016

We cannot express enough gratitude for MOD Events. Their abilities seem limitless, and their reputation is well-deserved. MOD Events provided planning and event coordination services for our wedding in November 2016. Our day was beyond awesome and MOD Events was one of the biggest reasons. Kala is a VERY talented and dedicated individual heading up a capable team. She was flexible meeting in advance, listened closely, and lent us invaluable advice along the way. We were guided through difficult choices, kept on schedule and within budget. Between Kala's relationships within the industry and keen eye for aesthetics (our venue details and decor were STUNNING thanks to her), we were so fortunate to have her help.

On the day of, MOD Events' staff worked tirelessly. We had a considerable snafu beyond our control on wedding weekend - we were bailed out big time by Kala! MOD Events' personal guidance and consummate professionalism were only a few things we noticed that day (nevermind everything which went unseen!). Our guests had a blast and haven't stopped raving about the fun that day! We are forever thankful and enthusiastically encourage others to enlist the services of MOD Events! Thanks, Kala!

• Charlotte · Married on 10/14/2016

Kala was our coordinator for the rehearsal dinner. It was a destination wedding for 150 people. She was the perfect individual to use! She was the planner for both the rehearsal dinner and wedding...what a spectacular weekend!

Deborah · Married on 06/17/2016

Kala was our coordinator for my son's rehearsal dinner which included 230 guests. We had planned it for over a year to have it at the Citadel Beach Club until it burned a month before the dinner. She jumped into action and found us another venue that would hold that number of people on the water - Charleston Yacht Club. She kept us organized and calm throughout the entire planning and event. We live in Atlanta so we were doing this long distance. She was in constant contact. She is the nicest, more organized and efficient coordinator that I have ever worked with. The decorations, flowers, rentals, music, food and everything other detail was handled perfectly. I would highly recommend her for any event. She is amazing!

Best planner ever! We were reluctant to hire a planner on our budget but I knew we needed the help. Kala and her team not only saved me a ton of money but made the day perfect! I have no idea what I would have done without them! We were able to utilize a ton of MOD's décor and they made all of our flowers. My bouquets were even better than I imagined. I can't say enough about how important hiring a pro really is. This was by far the best $$$ I spent.

Abigail · Married on 10/24/2015

Loved Kala and Kara w/ MOD Events! Without even having to finish a sentence they understood me. My wedding day was flawless and perfect - I owe it all to them! Thanks again ladies, much love!!!

Jordan · Married on 10/22/2015

Kala is the best! My flowers and wedding exceeded my expectations!

Kalat Turpin is the absolute best!! She gives me peace of mind when I need it most! She is exactly what my fiance and I were looking for!! Cant wait to see her hard work come together!!!! Thank you somuch Kala, you are a rockstar!!

Hiring Kala was the hands-down best decision I made in planning my wedding! At first I struggled with the idea of paying for a coordinator. As a DIY bride on a budget, I had a hard time justifying the expense. As an OCD control-freak, I wondered if I would even utilize a planner. However, now I can't imagine how my wedding would have ever come together without her help.

I researched dozens of planners and met with my top 3. From the moment I met Kala I knew I'd found the one. Her help throughout the planning phase was invaluable. She kept me grounded when I started to "over-do" things, she calmed me down when I started to panic, and throughout the entire process she felt like a friend while remaining fully professional. I can't say enough good things about Kala!

With the amount of time, planning, and organization I put into the wedding I feared that I'd continue to want to micro-manage every detail, even on the wedding day. However, the confidence that I'd established in Kala allowed me to tune everything out and focus on getting ready and spending time with my bridesmaids. I would have never experienced that level of calm if I hadn't left things in Kala's hands.

The wedding went off perfectly. The set-up of the ceremony and reception spaces was flawless. She worked magic with my DIY wedding decor and added her own touches that I would have never thought of. I received so many compliments from guests saying that mine was the most well-timed and seamlessly orchestrated wedding they'd ever attended. All of this praise goes to Kala and her team.

In the end, I have to say that the money I spent on MOD Events was the best money I spent on our wedding. I would recommend MOD to anyone and would like to tell anyone reading this review that hiring Kala will be the one wedding decision you will never second guess!

Christian · Married on 09/19/2015

We would 100% recommend Kala Turpin and her team. We had a beach ceremony at The Tides in Folly Beach followed by a reception inside. Kala was pivotal in getting the right look. We've seen some concerns about her responsiveness to emails and what not, but we can guarantee you she will get the job done. What do you expect from a top wedding planner in the area? She's obviously busy with weddings!

Kala helped with everything and has a trusted group of vendors that we used as well (photographers, DJs, hair & makeup artists, cake designers, etc.). Having a trusted coordinator saves you a ton of time doing your own due diligence on possible vendors. Kala also helped with the layout of the ceremony and reception.

Having said all that, the NUMBER 1 reason Kala and team earned their fee is they DID EVERYTHING, setting up and breaking down the whole wedding. As stressful as weddings can be, the last thing you need is to worry about setting up before and cleaning after. We simply gave Kala the keys to our cars and room. They took everything out and set up a beautiful wedding with little-to-no directions other than what was written on the box. After the long night, we returned to our room to find all our gifts and cake and cupcakes safe in our room. In the morning, we went down to the car and found everything packed, even the bridesmaids' bouquets that they somehow lost throughout the night (hmmm...alcohol???).

On top of the very important aspects, Kala was super accommodating, bringing us food before and after our portrait shoot and having our sweetheart table fully loaded with all the goodies from the dinner and appetizer spread. We can truly say that Kala became our friend, not only our wedding coordinator. We are sure to continue a great relationship with her and next time we are out in the Charleston area we will definitely get together for drinks.

Kala and team, thank you for an unforgettable wedding.

Chris & Ashley Czentye

Haley · Married on 08/22/2015

Kala is amazing. She is very easy to work with. She is able to work within a budget. She finds many savings along the way. I actually think I would have spent way more on a wedding, had it not been for Kala and her connections. The Day Of she is amazing. She always has a plan. She also coordinated our rehearsal dinner with my Mother in Law and did amazing. Her flowers are fantastic. Love, love, love her. Wish I could get married again to use her again!

Morgan · Married on 07/18/2015

As a destination bride it can be overwhelming feeling to plan a wedding from 6 hours away, so trusting my wedding planner was a huge deal for me. I immediately felt at ease with Kala, she got my vision instantly, and was professional without being stiff. She has handled everything for us, and is even doing all of the floral for our wedding. If we were ever uncomfortable with a quoted price, she wouldn't stop until she found a vendor that fit into our budget. Everyone in our families who have met her, have loved her, and my fiance and I consider her a friend who just happens to be our wedding planner.