MOD Events Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

Elise S. Married on 04/23/2022

Amazing!

Kara and ModEvents were absolutely amazing. From the initial consultation to day of logistics everything was fantastic. The wedding exceeded our expectations!!! So grateful for everything. ❤️
    Kelley I. Married on 04/08/2022

Best wedding planner in Charleston

Kara with Mod events made our wedding dreams come true!!! She was incredibly professional, easy to work with, and creative. Mod events also did all the floral arrangements for the wedding and ceremony. They were absolutely gorgeous!! She transformed the venue exactly how I envisioned from the flowers, to the floor plan, and table scapes! Mod events also helped us save because they are well connected around Charleston with all the other vendors around Charleston! I highly recommend Mod events services for all future brides! Thanks for being a huge part of making this the best night of our lives!
  • Julia
    Julia S. Married on 03/26/2022

Wedding day perfection

If you’re currently looking for a wedding planner, your search is over because you won’t find anyone better!!! I really wish I could put into words how amazing Kala and Kara are. I worked with both of them for about a year or so throughout the planning process and they are both so organized, helpful, thorough, patient, and are really just so good at what they do. Our wedding went flawlessly thanks to them and we got multiple comments of how our wedding planner was “on it”. Seriously, no detail was missed! MOD Events did our florals too and they were stunning (also extremely affordable). Kala and Kara really made our vision come to life and working with them was the best wedding planning decision I could have made. I’m so thankful I had their help, recommendations, and expertise to make our day go perfectly and I could not recommend them more. They are truly the best around y’all!!!!!
    Gladis K. Married on 03/13/2022

Our best wedding decision!

Kala and her team were absolutely one of the best decisions my husband and I made for our wedding.
    Charleston is known to be wedding central and I can sympathize with planners/business and everyone else always being extremely busy and with little time. This attitude showed through with many planning companies that I called in my initial investigative stage. When I called MOD Events, I spoke to kala and her patience and kindness won me over right away. From that initial conversation she took the time to listen to me and give me options(we had not decided to use her services yet, but she was already advocating for me). It was a very easy decision after that.
    She guided me the entire way and was present and available for any questions I had. She calmed my nerves about every vendor and process, especially with our wedding being a destination wedding and not being able to set up appointments and visit places like someone local would.
    She matched me with some of the most wonderful vendors! Our flowers were beautiful (French Quarter Floral) and our photographer(Shelby Stewart) was amazing.
    My husband proposed to me in Charleston and we knew very early on it would be where we had our special day. Thanks to kala we were able to enjoy our wedding day and she made sure everything was as it should be.
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer B. Married on 10/17/2021

Made our dreams come true!

We hired Kala and her team to coordinate our wedding in Charleston. We were based in Texas so we really needed help determining vendors, etc. because we would never get the chance to meet anyone in person. She was FANTASTIC! Every detail was thought about and executed to perfection. When the only issue arose the day of our wedding she handled it and it suddenly was not a problem! My family commented on how they had never seen a wedding where something fell apart and I attribute this to Kala and her team!
    Erin J. Married on 06/26/2021

The best for planning AND florals!!

Kala, Kara and team are THE. BEST. After Kala planned my sister's wedding a few years back (which my family still refers to as the best night ever), MOD was the first vendor we booked when my husband and I got engaged, no questions asked. Kala goes above and beyond for everything, whether it's making sure you have food and drinks the night of, personally putting together floral arrangements, working through multiple iterations of what our wedding day would look like post-COVID... and the list goes on. She handles everything, has great relationships with vendors across Charleston, and knows how to make your vision come to life even if you don't quite know what vision you're describing. What's more - when we postponed our large reception and decided to do a mini-mony on our original date, Kala and Kara went ABOVE above and beyond - providing floral, picking up catered food, setting up the beach house we rented to look beautiful beyond words, coordinating with our officiant, and serving us drinks, dinner, and dessert the whole night to keep everything COVID-safe. Cannot recommend the MOD team enough, and can't wait for our postponed reception!!
  • Renee
    Renee B. Married on 04/23/2021

The best decision we made!

I am in absolute awe of MOD Events and all they did to ensure that my daughter's destination wedding In Charleston was absolutely flawless! I consider myself to be a perfectionist and it's usually hard for me to relax and trust others to take care of things. Kala and Kara took all those worries away with their attention to detail and organization skills. During the planning of our week-long itinerary of events, they were extremely knowledgable, responsive, and helpful. We made several trips to Charleston and they scheduled hair/makeup trials, tastings, and meetings with vendors. They even attended several of them with us. We had multiple in person and Zoom meetings with Kala. She is SO much fun and you can tell she has a passion for making sure your wedding is exactly like you imagine it. We exchanged lots of emails with both Kala and Kara and they were quick to respond. On the day of the wedding, I did not have to worry about anything. I was able to enjoy the entire day knowing that they had everything under control. Hiring MOD Events was hands down the best decision we made when planning this wedding. After seeing what a great job they did and hearing me go on and on about how invaluable they were, my cousin hired MOD Events for her daughter's wedding too. Thanks MOD Events Charleston! I am so grateful for you and the service that you provided for our family. You're the best!
    Emily S. Married on 02/21/2021

Simply the best!

Where do I begin...she’s simply THE BEST!
    After 2 failed attempts at a wedding abroad (thanks to covid), we decided to have our wedding stateside, in our hometown of Charleston. Planning a wedding is hard enough, but add in covid and only a month to plan and we were completely overwhelmed. Then we hired Kala, and let me just say that she is the best of the best. Not only did she help us plan an incredible wedding but she did it within a months time and did so with an ease and confidence that we needed. From helping us choose a venue to every last detail of decor, Kala made it happen.
    We had the wedding on a Sunday, at the Conservatory at Magnolia Gardens. It was stunning. Kala helped us choose a caterer, a bar service, she handled all of the rentals, helped us find a Dj, and created the most beautiful floral arrangements for us and we still came in under budget. If she can plan a wedding like mine in only months time, that girl can do anything! I would highly recommend Mod Events to anyone planning a wedding in the Charleston area.
    Emily and Scott
  • April
    April S. Married on 11/14/2020

Great experience!

They supplied beautiful flowers and an excellent day of coordinator. So happy with how everything turned out, thank you so much!
    Cara Married on 02/22/2020

Hire MOD Events it's a no brainer!

Kala and Kara are worth their weight in gold! I did a partial planning package with MOD events and it was a god sent! Kala and Kara helped me stay on track and on budget. They have great relationships with so many vendors and typically can get you discounts with their preferred vendors. There was not a single vendor they recommended that did not go above and beyond what we could have asked for. I think the discounts they where able to negotiate almost made up for their fee and defiantly surpassed the time and effort it would have taken us to toughly vet all the vendors in Charleston.
    I know I gave all my vendors, including MOD events, a major task by having my 150 people reception at the aquarium. The venue that does not close to the public until 5 and our reception started at 7. Kala has done many weddings at the aquarium and knew to have a big team there for a quick turn around. Everything was set up exactly as I had dreamed.
    Getting to know Kala throughout the process lead me to have no fears that everything was handled with her as my day of coordinator! I could relax and enjoy our big day knowing that any bumps that may, and more than likely did, happen would not get in the way of you enjoying one of the most amazing days of your life!
    Kala and Kara would come to appointments with you wanted them to but would also step aside if you and your fiancé wanted to take the ball and run with it. With the partial planning package, anything I ran with Kala still asked to review contracts to be sure nothing was missed, this was helpful because of her expertise in the wedding industry.
    Do yourself, your relationship, your family and your friends a favor and hire MOD events to help coordinate your wedding. I can guarantee you will not regret it!
  • Rhiannon
    Rhiannon B. Married on 01/18/2020

Worry Free and Fun

Kala was vital and pivotal to our wedding day. We couldn’t be happier with our decision. Kala worked as our day of coordinator for our wedding in January. We interviewed a handful of people and she stuck out from the very beginning. Kala has the ability to make people feel comfortable from the start, a great quality in her line of work. Before we hired her she was freely informative, provided suggestions and willing to spend as much of her valuable time with us as needed. She was and is, fun, personable, honest, friendly and detailed.

Once hired, as again a day of coordinator, she was willing to meet multiple times with us, handle scheduling of some big ticket items, and overall assist us as much as she was able from the very start. This was crucial to our success. She was always communicative, detailed, organized and diligent.

Day of she was a rockstar. Her and her assistant executed a flawless wedding. Vendors were handled. Logistics of the wedding were determined and executed. She was willing to go above and beyond doing little things to make our lives easier. For example, bring our overnight bags to our wedding night hotel. To this day we are not sure if there were any mishaps during our wedding day. Also, we had drinks in our hands the entire event :) Kala is excellent at what she does. We have, and will continue recommending her services to whomever will listen.
  • Danielle
    Danielle Married on 12/07/2019

Kala and Kara are the dynamic duo!

Kala and Kara are amazing! From the beginning they helped us plan our beautiful destination wedding. Planning a wedding from multiple states away can be stressful but this duo helped make the process easy and fun. On the day of the wedding I had no worries and did not have to deal with anything except enjoying the day. They helped make my wedding one of the best days of my life.
  • Meghan
    Meghan L. Married on 11/30/2019

Kala and Kara of MOD Events were INCREDIBLE!

My experience working with Kala and Kara of MOD Events was nothing short of amazing!! I planned my entire wedding in 6 months and completely remotely, thus needing to rely on the expertise of a wedding planner to help me. MOD Events was absolutely the best choice I made in hiring a wedding planner to help organize and bring to life our perfect wedding day! They were so responsive, so easy to work with and so much fun! Kala was always available to talk to when I needed advice and was always happy and ready with help! She and Kara created the most beautiful day for us and helped to ensure that I didn't worry about a thing the day of! I would HIGHLY recommend MOD Events for anyone looking to plan their dream wedding in Charleston! They were nothing short of amazing!!!!!!
  • Married on 10/04/2019

Mother of the Bride

I can't say enough about Kala and her team from MODevents! Charleston was a destination wedding for my daughter, so I was a little nervous about not being local throughout the planning process. From our first conversation with Kala, we felt so comfortable with her and her knowledge of everything Charleston--on top of that, her upbeat personality makes her simply wonderful to work with!

Kala was available to us on a moment's notice, and was not only well organized and detail oriented, but has a great eye for design--and could make suggestions that would work for the venue always keeping my daughter's vision in mind.
    Kala was a great calming presence, she is unflappable! We had a small snafu right before the ceremony--the musician was not able to make the ceremony, and Kala quietly relayed the information to me, and handled it with a great option without missing a beat.

Kala has relationships with so many vendors in Charleston and was able to make multiple, really great recommendations, while at the same time, making cost saving suggestions.

I truly felt relaxed and able to enjoy our daughter's wedding because we were in the capable hands of Kala and MODevents. I would highly recommend Kala and Kara!
  • Alexandra
    Alexandra M. Married on 06/19/2019

The Perfect Planner

I have never been the girl who dreamed about a wedding. I did not have a “vision,” and I didn’t know even a tenth of what was required to pull off a successful event -- and that’s a generous estimate. I did know that planning a destination wedding from 600 miles away would be impossible, and I reached out to a number of vendors, but from the first communication, I knew Kala was The One.

In my first email to Kala, I made some dumb joke about my cats, and my. girl. just. rolled. with. it. Over the course of a year, she kept me on track with what to do when, communicated and negotiated with all the vendors, saved me A TON of money, and was the first to reach out if I dropped “off the grid” just a little too long.

On the day of my wedding, my girl handled EVERYTHING -- even a last-minute location change when it started to rain literal before the outside ceremony began. There were no problems; there was no drama. I just had to show up in the right outfit and not forget the rings. I just can’t express how stress-free this all was.

And the flowers (she did those too)… When she originally asked me about flowers, I think my response was, “there should be flowers” or something equally dumb. I sent her a picture of a bouquet that I liked and was like, “something like this.” She did exactly that -- well, to be fair, she did it better -- and at a very fair price. She even threw in some extra flowers (at no cost to me) to make it special. They were gorgeous, and my bouquet lasted three weeks after my wedding!

Kala’s personality makes you think, this is a person who has found her niche. She is made for this career. She’s funny, fun, engaging, bossy when she needs to be (but always with that kind Southern charm), and an absolute pleasure to work with. I honestly think she knows everyone in Charleston, and I have no doubt if you said something like, “For the reception, I would like a guy dressed as a pirate who jumps through flaming hoops while playing the accordion,” she would respond, “totally. I know this guy Steve. Let me see if I can get him to knock off a few hundred dollars.” And BOOM. You’d have your Polka Pirate at a discount.

Kala was perfect for and with my family and me. Of all the choices I made -- from the venue to the food to even the dress -- she was the absolute best one. My only regret is that, now that it’s all over, it’s a little like losing a friend. Although I think if I invited her out for tacos and drinks when I’m back in town, she’d make time for it. She’s just that kind of person.

Oh! MOST TELLING OF ALL: she managed to pull all of this off with a newborn. That’s some next-level commitment there.

In short, hire ModEvents. Get to know this lovely, lovely woman, and rest assured your wedding will be in the best, most capable hands in Charleston.
    Ginnie Married on 05/18/2019

The. Best.

MOD Events is who you need to book! This team is amazing! Kala goes above and beyond to make sure she understands your vision and every single detail is taken care of. I don’t even know where to start with this review because my entire experience with MOD Events was so positive, it would be impossible to list all the reasons as to why a couple should lock in MOD to plan their wedding. Leading up to the big day, the wealth of knowledge that Kala provides is immeasurable. She has great relationships with so many vendors and will make suggestions regarding where to splurge, where to skimp, and how to get the most bang for your buck. I unfortunately had a totally weird freak thing happen to one of my vendors a couple months out from the wedding, that made it impossible for them to honor the contract in place. I slightly freaked out, but Kala took over, reached out to all her contacts, and went above and beyond to find us a replacement that we were happy with. This is NOT an easy task to take on just a couple months out from the wedding. I don’t know what I would have done without her with this predicament. MOD also did my flowers which were everything! I really liked having the planner do the flowers because I felt I could relay the feel/ vibe/ vision I was hoping for and her team was able to execute this into all aspects of the design of the wedding. (You don’t have to use them for flowers btw, but they do a wonderful job!) Her team is amazing! They all worked so hard the day of. Everything was executed to perfection. My groom and I had the most enjoyable day ever because of all their hard work and attention to detail. I couldn’t have asked for a better planner to work with! Use MOD Events and you will be so happy!
    Kelly Married on 04/14/2019

I love mod

I was lucky enough to work with both Kala and Kara at MOD Events. I got the best of both worlds- Kara is thoughtful and organized while Kala is creative and spontaneous. These ladies make wedding planning look easy- they know all the best vendors and always responded right away whenever I had questions. I was so impressed with how smoothly everything went on my wedding day. They were a joy to work with and if you are planning a wedding in Charleston you should book them ASAP! I hope they still want to hang out with me now that the wedding is over.
  • Sarah
    Sarah H. Married on 02/11/2019

Best Planners Ever - love Mod Events!!

How do I put into words what Kala and Kara did for our day... In planning they recommended some of the best vendors that we got so many compliments on, they helped me stay on task and get things done in a timely manner, and they helped make our vision for the day possible. Weekend of the wedding they handled EVERYTHING - our flowers were stunning, better than I could have ever dreamed. They handled all vendor communication, fixed any issues (like they went and got the cake when I left it at the hotel), and made sure we were 100% taken care of. If you are getting married you need your fiance and Mod Events — and guaranteed it will be everything you could ever dream of. Kala and Kara THANK YOU - we couldn’t imagine our day without you and we feel so grateful to have found such amazing people to share our day with. If you need a wedding planner in Charleston or Mount Pleasant - act fast and book them, I promise it will be one of the best decisions you make.
  • Danielle
    Danielle P. Married on 02/09/2019

Above and Beyond!!!!!

Guys. I’m hard to please. People that don’t do their job well drive me INSANE. Kala at MOD events is absolutely EXCEPTIONAL!!!!!!! She was my day-of planner, but went above and beyond with everything. She must have met with me 10 times before the wedding, met me at the rental company to help pick things, and did all of this while pregnant! My wedding day was STRESS FREE because of her. She had everything under control, ran the whole ceremony rehearsal, set up everything so beautifully, cleaned up at the end and packed my car with everything after I left. She even got in her car and drove around the neighborhood for 20 minutes looking for our drunk best man who was an idiot and left at 8 pm walking home in the dark 🙄. She is an angel and really cares about making your day the best day of your life. I am super picky and a perfectionist and she literally did everything perfectly. My wedding day was perfect because of HER!
  • Laura
    Laura O. Married on 11/11/2018

Perfect Wedding!

Where do I even start!? For a year, Kara helped me to plan my wedding. What she did was ABOVE AND BEYOND and I couldn't be more grateful. Every little detail was perfectly executed. She listened to everything that I said I was hoping for... and made it happen!

Fixing my dress bustle...bringing us food after the ceremony... keeping us on our timeline... and keeping me calm... she did it all! She listened and helped with every important decision, every silly decision, and all of the fun things in between! I never wanted a big wedding, but I am so glad we did this. People STILL can't stop raving about how beautiful it was and how smooth everything went.

Kala Williams (the owner of MOD Events) did our flowers for the wedding, and they were stunning! My bouquet was so beautiful. (She was so excited I wanted to use a lot of color, and really gave some great suggestions!) Kara and Kala helped with wedding vendor recommendations, and each one was top notch.

We have had multiple guests ask us who planned our wedding, so that they can also use Kara in the future! I would absolutely recommend MOD Events for any bride and groom looking to throw the celebration of a lifetime. :)
    Holly W. Married on 10/27/2018

Choose MOD Events as your Wedding Coordination Team as soon as you can!

Kala is one talented and wonderful lady! A positive attitude, flexibility, and excellent communication/ organizational skills are “must haves” for wedding services and Kala of MOD Events represents all three to the MAX.

Positive Attitude: You will LOVE Kala's enthusiasm for her craft. She guided us towards the right decisions, but also did not push back against any of our choices. She eased our minds with our plan, made it come to life the day of the wedding, and made the dream come through!

Flexibility: I don’t know how anyone can plan a wedding without someone as amazing as Kala.
    My daughter was in the middle of an accelerated nursing program when she got engaged. The wedding date was set for 5 months following her graduation and she had little time between exams and clinicals to meet and plan details. As a busy working professional, my schedule often conflicted with my daughter’s schedule. Somehow, Kala was able to navigate between our wish-lists and schedules to help keep us on track as we worked through the planning of a wedding ceremony at home and a reception in downtown. Kala is easy to deal with on every level. Her talents, patience and sincerity are beyond measurable.

Organization: Kala is extremely organized, going over a few details at a time as to not overwhelm you with information. She was patient and caring and allowed us to focus on each other instead of details. Kala works with the best and I was extremely pleased with every vendor she recommended. There is not a doubt in my mind that Kala & Kara kept us on track the day of our wedding which allowed us to relax and enjoy the beautiful ceremony and reception.

Communication Skills:
    Kala has a wealth of experience and can help guide you if you’re unsure which options are best.
    She is honest and not once did we ever feel pressured to upgrade or add items. She worked with all of our vendors to ensure everyone was on the same page for the wedding day. As the details of the wedding-weekend timeline evolved, Kala updated us regularly.

Kala and her team are truly amazing and their talents cannot be overstated. My husband and I both feel that they are true professionals and can’t say enough good things about them! They understand the importance of the wedding day and go above and beyond to ensure it is a truly special experience. We developed a long-lasting friendship in the process and I cannot thank Kala enough for making the planning and the day of my daughter's wedding so enjoyable!
    Jamie S. Married on 10/15/2018

A relaxed wedding event with beautiful decorations, bouquet and flowers at Boone Hall Plantation

I purchased the day-of coordinator package through MOD events and worked with Kala exclusively until the day of the wedding. She was responsive, friendly, patient, encouraging and always had good recommendations for how to design/create what I wanted. She was there for day-of ceremony to set up and brought my flowers to the beach house. She always was smiling and positive. A reliable friend through the day. She added some extra flowers and greenery to the tables and venue free of charge because she wanted it to look top notch. She allowed me to use some lanterns and even went above and beyond to place them in the trees for me as I had shown her in a picture before. A perfect coordinator and wedding planner! We had amazing compliments from our guests and they all had a wonderful time. Thank you MOD events!!

MOD provided flowers and table decor for the wedding. Kala created the bouquets and table arrangements and boutonnières
    Jamie S. Married on 10/15/2018

Anne Married on 05/05/2018
    I will start by saying I don't think I can write a review to brag enough or show just how grateful I am for MOD Events! I can not say enough about Kala and Kara, not only as wedding planners, but as genuinely wonderful people! They are the absolute BEST!
    From the first phone conversation with Kala, I felt like we had known each other forever! She was so responsive to emails, texts and phone calls.. no matter how often I bugged her! She saw my vision perfectly, and made every small detail exactly how I dreamed it would be.
    The day of and days up to our wedding, my bridesmaids kept on saying they couldn't believe how calm I was. I even expected to be super stressed about having everything perfect that day, but with Kara there I felt super at ease and knew everything was going to be flawless! MOD Events also did my flowers.. they were absolutely ideal! From my bouquet, the bridesmaids bouquets, to ceremony and reception flowers... I could not have imagined them fitting our wedding so perfectly.
    My wedding day could not have been any more perfect, and a HUGE part of that is due to Kala and Kara! Having them there through out the whole planning process will be the best decision you make!
    Samantha Married on 03/22/2018
    You need to choose MOD events! Kala at MOD events was the best thing we ever chose for our wedding. Kala is absolutely incredible! She is extremely responsive, knowledgeable with the vendors, and has a phenomenal eye when it comes to décor/suggestions to make your wedding look beautiful. Most of all she is beyond dedicated to your wedding to make sure it is exactly what you want, and to make you feel like you are the only focus in the world. She always made sure we were stress free and everything was taken care of every step of the way. Her referrals for vendors were also top notch, and helped make our wedding perfect all around! I get overwhelmed easy, and I can honestly say there was not one point I felt overwhelmed with the planning process- Kala steps in and makes sure everything is taken care of for you. I also chose to do flowers in house through Kala- they were absolutely stunning. I think beyond everything else she is an incredible person to be around... I cannot say better things about a person or company! When I say Mod Events was the best choice we made for our wedding, I can't say it enough!!