Yoj Events

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$6,000 Package Price

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$6,000 Package Price

Yoj Events is a wedding planning company based in Charleston, South Carolina. We are passionate about creating a lifetime of memories for their clients. Because of this, we develop a personal relationship with all of our couples so that a customized event is designed and reflects their unique style.

Experience
The team at Yoj Events has years of experience and a variety of backgrounds, all of which make a celebration come together flawlessly. Owner Monique has excelled in the hospitality and events industry for more than two decades, making sure to provide every client with individualized service. Our event planners and designers work collectively, offering high-quality service and an exceptional attentiveness. They endeavor to exceed expectations and build a rapport with every client they encounter.

Yoj Events is a boutique design firm, giving their clients a truly personalized experience. They offer a variety of packages and services that include:

• Full-service design and coordination
  • Budget maintenance
  • Contract management
  • Partial wedding planning
  • Design styling
  • Event Execution
  • Woman-owned

What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?

$6,000

What is the starting price for full wedding planning?

$7,000

Do you offer an hourly rate?

What wedding events do you provide services for?

Ceremony
Reception
Rehearsal Dinner

What wedding planning services do you offer?

Budget Analysis
Event Design
Full Planning
Partial Planning
Timelines
Vendor Referrals

What weddings do you have experience planning?

Civil
Cultural
Destination
Double Weddings
Eco-Friendly
Military
Non-Religious
Religious

How many planners are on your team?

illustration question

Any other questions?

Message vendor

• Emma
    Emma Getting married on 05/13/2023
    5 out of 5 rating

Stellar team

Monique and her team are an absolute dream. They easily understood my apprehension with planning and decision making and didn’t skip a beat. Monique was always quick to think creatively to make the most of our budget and she thoroughly understood the energy we wanted for our big day. The day of our wedding, I was beyond impressed and thankful for the Yoj team’s precise skill. They made sure we were well fed, never without a drink, always enjoying ourselves and made sure we were calmly aware of the schedule throughout the day. Seriously. Don’t look any further, you found your event planning team.

Yoj Events's reply:

Emma!
    I have a soft spot in my heart for Miller weddings! You and PJ were so fun and never wavered on what you wanted - it all came together so nicely! The fun touches like the doughnut wall and the songlist the band performed punctuated by touching toasts and loads of dancing made for a fun night ....thank you for allowing Yoj to be a part of it! Wishing you all the happiness you can handle!
    Best,
    Monique
  • Charlotte
    Charlotte S. Married on 07/09/2022
    5 out of 5 rating

Incredibly Talented Wedding Planner

My husband I got married at Legare Waring House in Charleston, SC on May 29, 2022. We used the services of YOJ Events, owned by Monique Semper. Let me tell you, they did not disappoint!

During our wedding planning, we lived in California and needed the help of a wedding planner to plan a wedding from across the country. We researched wedding planners in the Charleston area, and from the very first phone call with Monique, I just felt like she just ‘got me’ and my vision, even throwing out cool ideas and possibilities even from the very first phone call (which I loved and was so impressed)!

Additionally, Monique and her team are some of the sweetest people we had ever met. They were more than willing to bend over backwards for their clients, and Monique and her team truly make you feel like they care about making your big day special! Working with Monique was incredibly easy. You get that one-of-a-kind boutique service that is extremely personalized.

Monique and her team were always available for calls, even with the big difference in time zones, and responded to emails in a timely manner- many times even within an hour or two. YOJ Events has many contacts in and around Charleston, whether it be for venues or vendors, so we felt like we always had a lot of options. Their recommendations were always on-point, with vendors who were well-known and with excellent reviews.

If something was out of our price range she would either negotiate, or look elsewhere, often coming up with even better plans or designs. Also, I really appreciated Monique’s organization. My husband and I have extremely busy work schedules, so it was great that she was able to keep us on top of deadlines. Throughout the wedding day, Monique and her team stayed behind the scenes, but were always nearby in case of any questions or problems.

She was busy coordinating music, food, photography etc. to ensure a seamless day. Monique is extremely professional, courteous, and polite with an awesome sense of humor. It is apparent that Monique loves her job, because it shows through in her beautiful work. I’ve never seen such attention to detail. YOJ Events really outdid themselves. I felt like my wedding was nothing like anyone else had ever seen, and I loved that it was so personalized and unique. Monique and her team were able to make my wedding day even more beautiful and fabulous than I had imagined in my head. My husband, myself, and all our guests said they'd never seen anything so amazing!! YOJ Events made our wedding the most magical day of our lives. If anyone is planning on getting married in or around Charleston, you will not go wrong with hiring YOJ Events!

Yoj Events's reply:

Charlotte!
    Wow - what a wonderful review! Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful, genuine summary of our planning experience together, I really appreciate it.
    You have such good taste and style, it was a dream to create the wonderful wedding design with you and help create such a special day. You and Warren were so gracious and appreciative throughout the entire process - I really enjoyed it.
    Thank you again - the photos are incredible and I have enjoyed looking at them! We wish you and Warren a lifetime full of love and laughter!
    Monique + the Yoj Team

Real Weddings

• Mica & Dalton
    40 photos · 05/01/2021

Christopher Teves Christopher Teves Wedding Musicians

Working with a consummate professional like Candice is such a pleasure and joy. Not only does she make the life of the vendors working with her flow so easily, I'm so impressed by how incredible everything looks! Such attention to the details makes the events I've done with her look picture perfect!

Richard Bell Photography Richard Bell Photography Wedding Photographers

Yoj events say that they are "fabulously flawless". We agree! They are! Candice and her team truly have everything covered. There is nothing that have not had their hand in at a wedding and it shows. They make sure there is not a single thing for the bride to think about on the wedding day, except being the bride! Their work is beautiful perfection. Truly wonderful to work with from the first email to the hug at the end of the night. I simply can't say enough about how wonderful they are to work with! http://charlestonwedding.com/index.html#/clemons/

Lowcountry Wedding Minister - Dr. Clarke (Non-Denominational Minister) Lowcountry Wedding Minister - Dr. Clarke (Non-Denominational Minister) Wedding Officiants

As a wedding minister, I'm often in a privileged position to observe the finished work of an event planner on a wedding day. I can usually tell when Yoj Events is providing event planning services, especially when my first thought upon seeing the tasteful elegance on display at the ceremony and reception areas is "WOW!" Their coordinators are always delightful and attentive to the bridal party and guests. I HIGHLY recommend Yoj Events if you're considering event planning services. You can count on them to pull everything together in a eye-pleasing way that will have you and your guests also thinking "WOW!"

426 West Coleman Blvd Ste A Charleston, SC, 29464

9:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday through Friday By Appointment, as well.
Location of (Yoj Events)

Other vendors in Charleston for your wedding