Yoj Events Reviews

Yoj Events 7
  • Rebecca

Rebecca 路 Married on 11/10/2018

Amazing in every way!

I highly recommend Semper Signature Events. Monique, Stan and Kendall were outstanding馃挏 Monique went above and beyond to make our wedding day everything we always hoped for. Y'all truly have an eye for the special touches. Thank you for the amazing first day of the rest of our lives!!

Sent on 11/05/2018

Rebecca!
    Thank you for your kind words ....you and Josh were an absolute joy to work with and to know your wedding was such a wonderful day for you both makes our day. Wishing you a lifetime of love, laughter and the best of health!
    Best,

Natalie 路 Married on 09/08/2018

Monique was such an incredible choice for our wedding planner. She was a pleasure to work with, understood our vision and helped execute it beautifully. All our vendors were kept up to date, as were we, with her being very responsive and quick to any questions we had. We felt at ease on our wedding day that everything was under control. At no point did she bother us with anything as she had already put so much effort into making sure everything was finalised and organised before. Not only was she great at her job and a pleasure to work with, she was just a truly lovely person who so much wanted to make our day the best ever. Cannot thank Monique enough for everything she did for us.

Sent on 10/09/2018

Natalie,
    Thanks to you and Sean for allowing us to be a part of your BIG day - what an exciting time filled with special moments. Your kind words were touching and truly flattering. Thank you for taking the time to send them!
    Wishing you and Sean a lifetime of love and laughter!
    Best,

Lindsay 路 Married on 05/05/2018

I don't know what I would have done without Candice and Yoj! Based on a few details I told her I wanted for my wedding, she was able to come up with so many wonderful ideas. So many people said how beautiful everything looked. Candice is so great about responding to emails in a timely manner and answering any questions you may have (and I had a lot)! I would absolutely recommend Yoj to anyone who needs a wedding planner.

Sent on 07/29/2012

S 路 Married on 03/09/2018

Blythe and her dedicated staff created the wedding of my daughter鈥檚 dreams at Magnolia Plantation. Every detail was carried out to perfection, from decor to food, and everything in between! It was a magical evening. I would highly recommend Yoj for any girl鈥檚 fairy tale wedding and reception!

Sent on 03/15/2018
  • I

Isabel 路 Married on 11/11/2017

Shannon did a super job with the planning for my son鈥檚 wedding. She was very organized and creative. Every time I thought we had forgotten something she had already anticipated it or took care of it right away. The day itself went very smoothly and we all had an awesome time!

Sent on 11/16/2017

Elise 路 Married on 11/04/2017

Our daughter got married November 4th, 2017 at Boone Hall Plantation. We decided to use YOJ for our wedding planning & Candice Hilse was our planner. There aren't enough words to describe how wonderful Candice is! Not only is she knowledgeable, always available, professional, & smart, she is also a very kind person, understanding, & wonderful to work with! If you want the best possible Wedding Planner or Corporate Events planner on the East Coast, she is your GEM! We totally fell in love with Candice. We have also gained a life long friend. She goes way over & beyond to please her clients. We could not be happier with how everything turned out! WE recommend booking her EARLY like way ahead of time, because fantastic Planners are snatched up fast! Thanks to Candice for everything! You did a sensational job & we love you!!!! :)

Sent on 11/12/2017

Mary 路 Married on 10/14/2017

Shannon and the entire Yoj team made the planning for my October wedding so effortless. I had a very detailed vision of what I wanted for my wedding and not only did they bring my vision to life, they exceeded every expectation. I am beyond thankful to have been able to plan my wedding with Shannon and cannot say enough great things about her and the work that she does. She's experienced, calm (which this nervous bride SO appreciated), and super easy to work with. My wedding day was an absolute dream and a huge part of that is because of Shannon. Yoj is the best!

Sent on 11/16/2017

Stephanie 路 Married on 10/08/2017

Monique was amazing. I am getting teary eyed just thinking about how beautiful and wonderful the wedding turned out. I am not sure there are words to describe how wonderful Monique is and the great job she does. I was a very laid back bride, and not big into planning and Monique was able to help me plan and think of things I never even thought of. She allowed me to be me and took on all the hard stuff of planning. She was available, consistent, knowledgeable, and dealt with all the vendors in a professional and timely manner. Honestly I don't think I was stressed at all, Monique literally took care of everything and my husband and I got to relax and have fun with our friends and family. An important note about Monique is that all the vendors respected her and when I would tell a vendor that Monique was my wedding designer, they were happy and relieved. Not only was she a great wedding designer she made me feel so special and like I was her most important client. Love this woman!

Sent on 12/08/2017
    Yoj Events 14

Stephanie!
    Thank you for your kind words! They truly make my day - I am thrilled to hear that your wedding day brings (happy) tears to your eyes and colleagues enjoy working with me. You were such fun to work with and so full of fun ideas that reflected y'all's style and personalities.....love that!
    My goal is to create a wedding day of your dreams for the bride and groom so you can relax and fully enjoy your BIG day so to hear that you did is a dream come true for me. Thank you for taking the time to share the love!
    Monique xx

coleman 路 Married on 10/07/2017

Working with Shannon at Yoj Events was absolutely amazing! Her professionalism, creativity, and ability make my vision come to life made using a wedding planner worth every penny :) I highly recommend Yoj to any bride looking to make her wedding planning experience seamless and effortless!

Sent on 12/11/2017

Nora 路 Married on 10/01/2017

Great group of women! They helped me execute my vision and helped our day flow flawlessly. I could not have asked for a more professional, responsive, and fun ladies :)

Sent on 01/07/2017

Kathryn 路 Married on 04/01/2017

I am so happy that I chose to work with Yoj Events for my recent April 1st wedding. Shannon went above and beyond to make sure that the wedding, and the months leading up to the wedding, went smoothly and felt effortless to plan. Shannon was extremely organized, always on time, friendly and most of all fun to work with! She also worked well with the other vendors, the wedding party, and the guests to keep everybody on schedule and on time. During the wedding, she was attentive and made sure everyone was having a great time, and she even helped with the bustle on my dress during the reception! I felt so relieved on the day of the wedding because I knew that Shannon and her team had everything under control. We couldn't have done it without her help! Highly recommend Yoj for any bride looking for an excellent wedding planner.

Sent on 04/21/2017

Lauren 路 Married on 03/04/2017

Shannon helped plan our rehearsal dinner and wedding reception. She is absolutely amazing to work with. I would recommend her to anyone needing assistance with their event. She is so sweet, accommodating, and takes care of things without an ounce of stress. If you have Shannon helping you, your event will be perfect in every way!! Much, much love for Shannon!!

Sent on 12/28/2016

Medley 路 Married on 03/04/2017

Monique was an absolute godsend. She answered all of the questions & requests my mom and I had-- and believe me, there were SO MANY. This took a lot of pressure off of me and made the experience SO much more enjoyable. She made it so easy! From the most minute details, all the way leading up to events of the big day, Monique was there every step of the way. I highly, HIGHLY recommend her- she is honestly a necessity to any wedding and I mean that. I can't thank her enough!

Sent on 03/21/2017

Medley!
    Thank you so much! I had such fun with you and your mom - I miss you already! It makes my day to hear how much you enjoyed your BIG day! It was such a special day filled with love and great people!
    Thank you again for taking the time to write about your experience with me - it is so helpful and heartwarming.
    Sending my love and a big hug to you and Roddy! xx

Jan 路 Married on 02/25/2017

There aren't enough words to express our awe and gratitude to Blythe and her team from Yoj that pulled together the most perfect wedding for our daughter on Sat. What they delivered was beyond our expectations and brought us to tears at a vision come to life. Blythe thought of details we didn't even know to consider and I'm sure there are many more behind the scene details we will never know she attended to in order to pull off an amazing evening.

As the mother of the bride, I assumed my daughter and I could handle this destination wedding planning alone. After initially wading into the waters, I realized we were drowning and needed help fast. Blythe swooped in with her sweet southern charm, throwing us a lifeline with the assurance all would be ok. She held our hands through panic attacks and meltdowns like a trained therapist. When we couldn't clearly verbalized our vision, she listened to likes and dislikes and created exactly what our daughter dreamed of. She took a totally empty ballroom and courtyard and with amazing flowers by Stephanie Gibbs and stunning rental furniture, designed and created a look of welcoming, classic elegance.

We never worried about a thing on wedding day. Someone from her team was always anticipating the next step or the next need. From providing angel Catherine, the woman who steamed, dressed and stitched us in, to every last detail that needed attention before the ceremony, at the church and before the reception to staying on top of bartenders and caterers, Blythe directed the event with subtle but firm control. The team shuffled our purses, clothes, heirlooms, papers and other necessities from one location to another and like a miracle, they appeared in our hotel room at the end of the activities. With every i dotted and t crossed by Blythe, the only focus we had wedding day was to enjoy the event!

Thanks to Blythe and the Yoj team, we have wonderful memories of a perfect day.

Sent on 02/28/2017

josh 路 Married on 11/19/2016

WOW!! Its been one year to the date since our wedding and it seems like yesterday. Ive been thinking of all the wonderful things that took place that day and how they wouldn't have been possible without Monique helping with everything. As a man, planning a wedding and reception by myself wasn't an option! Though Monique was amazed at my efforts! During the process, Monique became more like the sister I never had than my planner. I will never forget her ability to talk me off the cliff and not ever making me feel crazy about my obviously crazy ideas. This review site does not have enough stars for such a wonderful person! Monique, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!! Today is truly a happy anniversary due to your efforts!! Josh and Megan Sisson

Sent on 11/19/2017
    Yoj Events 15
    Yoj Events 16
    Yoj Events 17
    Yoj Events 18

Josh!
    When I heard you were literally doing all the planning for your wedding, I was excited but had no idea what to expect - you blew me away with your ideas, thoughtfulness, creativity and drive! You were always so excited to have all the elements pulled together and create a dream day for you and especially Megan! I always looked forward to meeting with you and filling in the blanks and pulling it all together - I will never forget your consistent level of care and excitement. You, as a DJ, have seen a ton of weddings and I know we can safely say that your wedding was unlike any other and perfectly reflected the life and love you and Megan share. I met Megan the DAY OF THE WEDDING which is a first for me!
    Josh, thank you for your kind words - they make my day and I am humbled.
    Thank you thank you, thank you!

Brittany 路 Married on 11/06/2016

I highly recommend any bride to Yoj Events. I originally had another wedding planner that dropped the ball. A friend of mine suggested Yoj Events and my only regret is that I didn't go with Yoj from the start! I worked with Shannon and she's truly amazing she picked up all the missing pieces and made me feel at ease with the final details. Our wedding day would not of had the same level of elegance & beauty if it were not for Shannon and the Yoj team's efforts. I can not recommend them highly enough.

Sent on 01/09/2017

Yoj Events's reply:

Brittany, Thank you for choosing us, and we loved being a part of such special moments for you and your families!

Heather 路 Married on 11/05/2016

Monique is wonderful to work with and executed my vision flawlessly! Nothing could have made my ceremony and reception more perfect. She is extremely organized, consistently kept in touch with me, and made sure everything ran smoothly the day of. Even after the passing of loved ones, she devoted herself selflessly to ensure my wedding was everything I had hoped for. I couldn't be more thankful for that. Thank you Monique, for your time, hard work and dedication! I couldn't have had the wedding of my dreams without you!

Sent on 11/07/2016

Yoj Events's reply:

Heather, you and Kristopher were an absolute joy to work with! Thank you for your kind words - I really love what I do and to hear that your wedding day dreams came true truly warms my heart! I wish you and Kristopher a life full of health and happiness!

Jill 路 Married on 11/04/2016

Monique was by far the best choice I made for my wedding day, besides marrying my wonderful husband! She went above and beyond in every aspect of the wedding process. She was always there for a listening ear and helpful in the decision making process. She's so warm, kind, helpful, organized, and dedicated to making you be a guest at your own wedding. I can honestly say working with her made my planning process nearly stress free. We couldn't have asked for a better person to work with. Our wedding day was so fun and executed flawlessly all due to Monique. I would recommend her to anyone planning a wedding or any event in the Charleston area!

Sent on 11/20/2016

Jill,
    You and Craig were such fun to work with! You shared your vision with me and we had such fun making it come to life! The group who attended your wedding was clearly so excited to see you both get married - the whole day was full of love!
    Thank you so much for your kind words - I truly love what I do and the best part is meeting genuinely wonderful people such as you and Craig!
    Wishing you a lifetime of love, good health and happiness xx

Barbara 路 Married on 10/21/2016

Loved our event planner, our venue was destroyed by Hurricane Matthew two weeks prior to our event. Shannon found another spot for the same price of our original venue by negotiating with them. They were gracious enough to accept the reduced pricing & all the vendors hired went to the new venue without increase cost to us, even though it was further out. Definitely would use Yoj events again, loved our planner, Shannon! Our event was a rehearsal dinner for all of the out of town guests, which was approximately 100 people.

Sent on 01/03/2017

Brittany 路 Married on 09/02/2016

Shannon was amazing!!! Our very organized wedding was interrrupted by Hurricane Hermine. Little did Hermine know, Shannon was prepared! Shannon turned what, in my mind, was the worst that could've happened, on the most important day in our lives, into a beautiful, what we called, Plan A-. Shannon was able to transform our reception venue into the Southern wedding ceremony of our dreams and then "flip" it back into the Rustic Charleston reception we envisioned. You I could not imagine our wedding day without Shannon by our side. She truly made everything run smoothly. Our wedding will forever be remembered as the best hurricane party ever!! Shawn and I are forever grateful for you, Shannon!

Sent on 12/30/2016

Morgan 路 Married on 08/21/2016

Honestly, we don't even know what we would have done without Monique. She kept us on schedule, helped us so much with ideas and execution, and catered effortlessly and beautifully to our style and needs. She wasn't high-strung or demanding; she was very professional and efficient but down-to-Earth, relateable, and positive. She went completely over and above and was just incredible. This is the woman you want to be behind the most beautiful and important day of your life. You absolutely will not be disappointed.

Sent on 09/29/2016

Yoj Events's reply:

Thank you Morgan! Working with you and McKenna was fun - you knew exactly the type of event you wanted and personalized your wedding in so many little ways. It was a special day full of love and I thank you for allowing me to be a part of your special day!

chandler 路 Married on 08/19/2016

Shannon was so wonderful to work with! She was always helpful, very prompt, and always had great ideas to offer. She ochaestrated my day-of so perfectly! She kept everyone on time and she was so sweet while doing it! If I have another event where I need a planner- Shannon is my girl!

Sent on 01/03/2017

Serena 路 Married on 06/19/2016

Having Yoj Coordinate my wedding was the best decision we made. We booked them for month-out coordination and then later decided to add on all rentals and decor. They were so worth it, and I would highly recommend them to anyone considering planning their wedding. I was an out-of-town bride, and having Yoj made things SO much easier. They put me at ease, and gave me the confidence that everything would be taken care of. We had a beautiful wedding, and everything was perfect down to the last detail. They made it seem so effortless, and the day ran so smoothly because of their efforts. Blythe was fantastic. She was so responsive, so sweet, and so thorough. I never had to worry. Their attention to detail and professionalism allowed me, my husband and my mom to just enjoy the day without worrying about all the logistics. I would never have been able to pull it off without them. Thank Yoj! Ya'll were the best!

Sent on 08/23/2016

Vickie 路 Married on 06/11/2016

From the moment my daughter and future son-in-law met with Monique, I knew she was the one we would hire. Monique is not only thorough and knowledgeable since she is well established in this area, she is charming, gracious and FUN to work with. We had an outdoor event planned for June is Charleston which presents enough challenges, but Monique was masterful at negotiating each twist and turn!

Sent on 08/22/2016

Vickie!
    You all were such fun to work with - I miss our evening meetings! I loved your collective enthusiasm, your ideas, your energy for it all. I loved how the personal items were incorporated into the event - how special!
    Thank you for your kind remarks! I truly love doing wedding planning and mainly that is because I get to work with really wonderful people who are as passionate as I am about creating special events full of personal touches.
    Thank you again!!