Yoj Events Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

Mark S. Getting married on 10/08/2021

Great Job YOJ!!

I always believed that the true character of an individual, and for that matter, a company, does not present itself in ordinary times. In times of hardship, when they are needed the most, that is when you find out what the character of a person really is. Monique, and the staff at YOJ stood by us through the replanning of our daughters wedding three times, with compassion, encouragement and thoughtfulness. Throughout the process, her advice on what to expect from, and how to deal with numerous vendors was Invaluable. Countless phone calls, texts, that where answered almost immediately, and numerous emails later, there was Monique guiding us through the day at Cannon Green.

I could write several pages on how well they did and how hard they worked, but I just want to relay how we hired YOJ. My daughter had interviewed several planners and then had an appointment with Monique. At this point she was just not connecting with anyone. Then she called me and said, “Dad this is it! Monique is who we need, trust me on this.” I wrote a check that day and never looked back. I know Monique and YOJ will have continued success In the future and can not recommend them enough for anyone looking for an event planner. Thanks Monique!

Yoj Events's reply:

Wow, thank you so much for those kind words Mark! We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Our team loved working with you, Victoria, and your family throughout the planning process. We wish you all the best!
    Hunter R. Married on 05/15/2021

AMAZING Wedding Planner!

Monique and her team are AMAZING! I could not have done it without them. Monique kept me organized and thought of everything. Monique and her team are very organized and prompt. I had my wedding at my grandparent’s home in the Old Village. They did not have anything to accommodate a wedding, but it had been my dream since I was young to have it there. Monique /her team were able to figure out a way to work around the unfamiliar venue. Monique made the wedding of my dreams come true. She had great suggestions and also was very familiar with the vendors around town. We were able to save money by using her because of her connections. Monique/her team and the people at Event Haus were able to bring in tents, chairs, generators, lights, etc in order to make the venue feel like a wedding and not just an average backyard. I could not recommend YOJ events more. They are all amazing.

Hunter!
    You words make our day, honestly! I knew from the minute we had the first site visit that it was going to be a fun event with special and timeless touches. What a fun family! Thank you for allowing us to help design an event in an amazing place and create such a special day for you and Jesse - we wish you all the love and laughter you can handle!
    Monique xx
    Preslie Q. Married on 03/11/2021

For a peace of mind, hire Yoj!

Our wedding venue required us to hire a wedding planner and I am so glad that we did. We worked with Jessica at Yoj Events and when we had to reschedule our wedding initially due to COVID, she was on the ball and I didn't have to worry about a thing. Her candor made it so easy to trust her judgment and let her make the calls. She allowed us to completely relax and not have to worry about anything with the wedding because we knew Jessica had it handled! Because we were not from the area, Jessica was also a great resource for finding the best vendors to work with. I'd highly recommend Yoj events and especially Jessica!
  • Lisa
    Lisa C. Married on 11/07/2020

Absolutely perfect!

If only our hearts and souls could talk! Wow Wow and Wow! We have been together 24 years and engaged for 20 of them. Late summer 2019, we had that 'ah ha moment' and decided to get married. We are from Ohio, and had visited Charleston on vacation a few years back. We immediately fell in love with the city's charm, food, and most of all, the people. While having all of our family and friends with us for our special day would have been ideal, we decided to 'elope' ... yep, just the two of us! This would be a second marriage for each of us. We struggled with having that typical wedding. In the end, let me just say, we would do it all over again, the exact same way. So, we began the infamous Google Search regarding Charleston Weddings, filled out the 'online forms' and who responded immediately? Jessica Lasko from Yoj Events. The tone of her email was very inviting so we decided to connect via phone conference. There are seriously not enough adjectives in the dictionary to describe Jessica's magical touches. From the moment we spoke with her, it was quite obvious that she is beyond passionate and fully committed to making sure our special day was just that, SPECIAL! Over that next year, we exchanged emails, and spoke periodically. The 'big' items had been decided on and deposits made. With Jessica's guidance, we selected Magnolia Plantation for the wedding (with access to the bridal suite and an absolutely BREATHTAKING setting), Erin Turner as our Photographer (FABULOUS FABULOUS FABULOUS photos by the way!), Kim Findlay as our Florist (OMG! Absolutely stunning bouquet and boutonniere) and Kasey King as our officiant (HIGHLY recommend Kasey ... we spoke with him about one month prior to our wedding and completed a couples questionnaire .... he was SPOT ON with his message during the ceremony...brought us to tears). Since we never actually met these most important people that are helping to create such a special memory for us, we had to completely put our life in their hands. And can we say, it was the BEST decision ever!!! We are beyond blessed and truly grateful for Jessica's expert and professional guidance as we eloped to Charleston, SC for our special day on July 11, 2020✨😘🎉💍🍾! We have relived that day, every single day since then, and would do it all over again tomorrow! Our most sincere gratitude to Jessica and everyone who made our day so special....WAYYYY beyond any expectation we could have had. Every single individual was AMAZING. If there is one regret, it's that we wish we had more time to spend together with Jessica and the rest of these very special and beautiful individuals✨ We can’t express our appreciation enough💕 Thank You💕 Thank you 💕 Thank you 💕
  • Olivia
    Olivia S. Married on 11/07/2020

Wonderful team for a stress free wedding!

Monique and Hannah are an AMAZING team! I cannot say enough great things about this team. They are professional, smart and always on top of everything! If you are looking for a wedding team that will take so much stress out of the day and make everything they touch seem effortless and perfect, this is the team for you!

We got married in the middle of COVID. And that would not have been possible without their attention to detail, brilliant ideas to make everyone safe and comfortable and proactivity. We relied on their creativity and phenomenal experience, and it paid of with a perfect wedding day!

You will not regret hiring their team. They do an amazing, beautiful job and will allow you to really enjoy your wedding day to the fullest! They were always there for us and made us feel very taken care of. I highly recommend both of them to any couple getting married in Charleston!

Yoj Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Olivia! We appreciate the kind words. Our team really enjoyed getting to know you and your family. We wish you all the best!
    Emily L. Married on 08/06/2020

One of the best decisions we could’ve made with a wedding vendor

Professional, classy, helpful and flexible

Yoj Events's reply:

Thank you so much! We are so happy that your wedding day turned out perfect, despite the curve balls COVID threw at you. It was so great working with you and we wish you and Trevor all the best!
    Jennifer K. Married on 07/30/2020

Pandemic Planning Perfection

I never considered using a wedding planner until I realized that most venues in Charleston required one. I started putting out feelers to planners whose style I loved on Instagram. I heard back from Yoj right away while many other planners took weeks to respond. I connected with Jessica for my consult call, and knew when I hung up the phone that she would plan my wedding. She listened to everything that I had to say, and brought my vision to life. A normal review would probably end here, but then COVID-19 happened. The panic and heartbreak that I felt from across the country would have been entirely too much without her. She navigated the postponement of our wedding while helping us to keep our vendors and avoid losing our deposits. She fought for us more times than I can count. Days before our postponed wedding, a travel ban caused us to cancel. Knowing that we still wanted to be married, Jessica pulled off an elopement in four days with all of our original vendors. Without any bridesmaids or friends able to attend, Jessica stood in to put on my jewelry, shoes, and veil, and hold my bouquet. When the world fell out from under us, I had Jessica. With the uncertainty in the world today, you need Jessica and Yoj in your corner. My now husband and I have a motto as we work with Jessica to plan a reception next year.. In Jessica We Trust. She always makes sure we are taken care of, and that our dreams come true. You should trust in Jessica and Yoj as well. No wedding planner can compare. We love Yoj! End your search now and make the investment. You will not regret it!

Yoj Events's reply:

Jenn, thank you so much for your passionate review! "In Jessica we Trust" just might be something we add to our office lingo.. We are ecstatic that you are thrilled with our services so far. We look forward bringing your original wedding vision to life in June!
  • Lyn
    Lyn T. Married on 01/05/2020

Two words: Memorable & Magical

Monique and her team at Yoj went above and beyond to help us create the wedding we dreamed of. From the initial meeting helping us clarify the vision to the very moment we said "I do" to our final toast, everything was considered. Their expertise added details we never would have thought of. The magic touches they brought in to the weekend set everything off. Plus, it could be one of the most stressful and overwhelming times with all the choices, but they made it so fun and exciting. Best decision working with Yoj. When we renew our vows, we will definitely have them by our sides.

Lyn,
    Thank you so much for your kind words! We incorporated all of your creative ideas into a wedding weekend full of special moments and joy.....it was an absolute pleasure to share in that so I am thanking you again for allowing us to be a part. We wish you and Drew a life full of love + laughter!
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa G. Married on 11/02/2019

Wonderful wedding planners

Jessica and her team at Yoj were so incredibly helpful, and in all honesty, essential in making our wedding a fun, low stress and enjoyable experience for myself, my husband, my mother, and everyone involved. Everything was seamless and we could relax and enjoy the day without worry or stress. They were kind, discrete, flexible, accommodating and fun. I could not give a stronger recommendation. Thank you so much for making our wedding such an enjoyable and fun experience

Hi Alyssa!

Thank you so much for your kind words! It was a pleasure working with you to create such a beautiful wedding day! We wish you all the best!

The Yoj Team
  • Kimberly
    Kimberly Married on 10/21/2019

Very Thorough and Amazing!

Monique and Kendall were the main fixtures that helped me plan the wedding of my dreams. I would HIGHLY recommend these ladies to any couple getting married in Charleston, SC! We used the partial planning service. Monique was highly attentive from the start and helped me really figure out my vision. She kept track of all of the vendors that I picked and the never ending checklist of things! From start to finish she was amazing! She and Kendall helped with coordination on my special day, and not only did she run interference with a family member’s significant other, but she made sure that everyone was happy and content and knew what they were doing! She kept track of our timeline, our setup, and made sure that I was able to eat! (I stated at the very beginning that this was one of the most important things to me - the food at our venue was AMAZING) Not only did she make sure I ate, she coordinated cake, toasts, and even a picnic for us when we got home.
    Monique handled all of our rental orders for us, which was a huge relief and made our day of so much easier and enjoyable! She made sure that I had all of the contracts in order and that all of our vendors were taken care of. I’m pretty sure that she and Kendall also made batteries magically appear for our LED candles and they found sparklers after we forgot to bring them over from my in-law’s house on Mount Pleasant! No detail was too small for them. They kept our timeline realistic and also made sure that our guests had everything that they needed, and that they were having fun as well! They truly made sure that my wedding day was everything that I ever dreamed it would be.
    If you’re on the fence, don’t hesitate - have Yoj events help you make your wedding incredible!

Kim!
    What fun we had planning the BIG day for you and Connor! You both are very special and have great taste - it was a delight working with a couple who knows their taste so well and just seemed to love the process. The day of your wedding went so well and you all seemed like you were on cloud nine the entire time! You both along with your families were so appreciative and happy to be in Charleston - it resonated for the entire week you all were here. How fun!
    Thank you for your kind words - they make our day!
  • Anna
    Anna Married on 12/01/2018

Couldn't Recommend More!

Monique of Semper Signature Events was, without a doubt, the most wonderful vendor we hired for our wedding! My husband and I met with several planners when we started our wedding planning process and, after meeting Monique, I knew we had found the one! I remember leaving our first meeting and thinking, "she speaks my language". Throughout the planning process, she was extremely organized, quick to respond to emails/calls/texts, helpful with vendor recommendations, and so patient. On the final days leading up to our wedding, her skills and value really shined. She followed up with all vendors, ensured timelines were accurate, kept everyone in the loop, and left no details or questions unattended. Finally, on our wedding day, she and her team worked seamlessly (or what appeared seamlessly to me) to ensure that our visions and wishes were met. Her team set-up and broke-down our ceremony and reception sites beautifully, kept us on track and on time, and were so accommodating! In all, I certainly couldn't recommend Semper Signature Events more!

Anna!
    Thank you so much for your thoughtful, kind words - I just read this to my team and we are all smiles because what you wrote is EXACTLY what we strive for for our clients throughout the process and on the wedding day. You made our day with this review - it was our honor to be a part of such a special day and we thank you for inviting us to be a part of it!
    Wishing you and William a lifetime of love and laughter!
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca Married on 11/10/2018

Amazing in every way!

I highly recommend Semper Signature Events. Monique, Stan and Kendall were outstanding💜 Monique went above and beyond to make our wedding day everything we always hoped for. Y'all truly have an eye for the special touches. Thank you for the amazing first day of the rest of our lives!!

Rebecca!
    Thank you for your kind words ....you and Josh were an absolute joy to work with and to know your wedding was such a wonderful day for you both makes our day. Wishing you a lifetime of love, laughter and the best of health!
    Best,
    Natalie Married on 09/08/2018
    Monique was such an incredible choice for our wedding planner. She was a pleasure to work with, understood our vision and helped execute it beautifully. All our vendors were kept up to date, as were we, with her being very responsive and quick to any questions we had. We felt at ease on our wedding day that everything was under control. At no point did she bother us with anything as she had already put so much effort into making sure everything was finalised and organised before. Not only was she great at her job and a pleasure to work with, she was just a truly lovely person who so much wanted to make our day the best ever. Cannot thank Monique enough for everything she did for us.

Natalie,
    Thanks to you and Sean for allowing us to be a part of your BIG day - what an exciting time filled with special moments. Your kind words were touching and truly flattering. Thank you for taking the time to send them!
    Wishing you and Sean a lifetime of love and laughter!
    Best,
    Lindsay Married on 05/05/2018
    I don't know what I would have done without Candice and Yoj! Based on a few details I told her I wanted for my wedding, she was able to come up with so many wonderful ideas. So many people said how beautiful everything looked. Candice is so great about responding to emails in a timely manner and answering any questions you may have (and I had a lot)! I would absolutely recommend Yoj to anyone who needs a wedding planner.
    S Married on 03/09/2018
    Blythe and her dedicated staff created the wedding of my daughter’s dreams at Magnolia Plantation. Every detail was carried out to perfection, from decor to food, and everything in between! It was a magical evening. I would highly recommend Yoj for any girl’s fairy tale wedding and reception!
  • I
    Isabel Married on 11/11/2017
    Shannon did a super job with the planning for my son’s wedding. She was very organized and creative. Every time I thought we had forgotten something she had already anticipated it or took care of it right away. The day itself went very smoothly and we all had an awesome time!
    Elise Married on 11/04/2017
    Our daughter got married November 4th, 2017 at Boone Hall Plantation. We decided to use YOJ for our wedding planning & Candice Hilse was our planner. There aren't enough words to describe how wonderful Candice is! Not only is she knowledgeable, always available, professional, & smart, she is also a very kind person, understanding, & wonderful to work with! If you want the best possible Wedding Planner or Corporate Events planner on the East Coast, she is your GEM! We totally fell in love with Candice. We have also gained a life long friend. She goes way over & beyond to please her clients. We could not be happier with how everything turned out! WE recommend booking her EARLY like way ahead of time, because fantastic Planners are snatched up fast! Thanks to Candice for everything! You did a sensational job & we love you!!!! :)
    Mary Married on 10/14/2017
    Shannon and the entire Yoj team made the planning for my October wedding so effortless. I had a very detailed vision of what I wanted for my wedding and not only did they bring my vision to life, they exceeded every expectation. I am beyond thankful to have been able to plan my wedding with Shannon and cannot say enough great things about her and the work that she does. She's experienced, calm (which this nervous bride SO appreciated), and super easy to work with. My wedding day was an absolute dream and a huge part of that is because of Shannon. Yoj is the best!
    Stephanie Married on 10/08/2017
    Monique was amazing. I am getting teary eyed just thinking about how beautiful and wonderful the wedding turned out. I am not sure there are words to describe how wonderful Monique is and the great job she does. I was a very laid back bride, and not big into planning and Monique was able to help me plan and think of things I never even thought of. She allowed me to be me and took on all the hard stuff of planning. She was available, consistent, knowledgeable, and dealt with all the vendors in a professional and timely manner. Honestly I don't think I was stressed at all, Monique literally took care of everything and my husband and I got to relax and have fun with our friends and family. An important note about Monique is that all the vendors respected her and when I would tell a vendor that Monique was my wedding designer, they were happy and relieved. Not only was she a great wedding designer she made me feel so special and like I was her most important client. Love this woman!

Stephanie!
    Thank you for your kind words! They truly make my day - I am thrilled to hear that your wedding day brings (happy) tears to your eyes and colleagues enjoy working with me. You were such fun to work with and so full of fun ideas that reflected y'all's style and personalities.....love that!
    My goal is to create a wedding day of your dreams for the bride and groom so you can relax and fully enjoy your BIG day so to hear that you did is a dream come true for me. Thank you for taking the time to share the love!
    Monique xx
    Coleman Married on 10/07/2017
    Working with Shannon at Yoj Events was absolutely amazing! Her professionalism, creativity, and ability make my vision come to life made using a wedding planner worth every penny :) I highly recommend Yoj to any bride looking to make her wedding planning experience seamless and effortless!
    Nora Married on 10/01/2017
    Great group of women! They helped me execute my vision and helped our day flow flawlessly. I could not have asked for a more professional, responsive, and fun ladies :)
    Kathryn Married on 04/01/2017
    I am so happy that I chose to work with Yoj Events for my recent April 1st wedding. Shannon went above and beyond to make sure that the wedding, and the months leading up to the wedding, went smoothly and felt effortless to plan. Shannon was extremely organized, always on time, friendly and most of all fun to work with! She also worked well with the other vendors, the wedding party, and the guests to keep everybody on schedule and on time. During the wedding, she was attentive and made sure everyone was having a great time, and she even helped with the bustle on my dress during the reception! I felt so relieved on the day of the wedding because I knew that Shannon and her team had everything under control. We couldn't have done it without her help! Highly recommend Yoj for any bride looking for an excellent wedding planner.
    Medley Married on 03/04/2017
    Monique was an absolute godsend. She answered all of the questions & requests my mom and I had-- and believe me, there were SO MANY. This took a lot of pressure off of me and made the experience SO much more enjoyable. She made it so easy! From the most minute details, all the way leading up to events of the big day, Monique was there every step of the way. I highly, HIGHLY recommend her- she is honestly a necessity to any wedding and I mean that. I can't thank her enough!

Medley!
    Thank you so much! I had such fun with you and your mom - I miss you already! It makes my day to hear how much you enjoyed your BIG day! It was such a special day filled with love and great people!
    Thank you again for taking the time to write about your experience with me - it is so helpful and heartwarming.
    Sending my love and a big hug to you and Roddy! xx
    Lauren Married on 03/04/2017
    Shannon helped plan our rehearsal dinner and wedding reception. She is absolutely amazing to work with. I would recommend her to anyone needing assistance with their event. She is so sweet, accommodating, and takes care of things without an ounce of stress. If you have Shannon helping you, your event will be perfect in every way!! Much, much love for Shannon!!