Voss Weddings Reviews

157 | Woodbridge, VA

157 Reviews for Voss Weddings

Dan & Caitlin · Married on 04/12/2014

We booked Norman Voss right away for our wedding based on word of mouth and customer reviews. We had heard such wonderful things and knew that having a great DJ was very important. Everything we had heard/read about Norman was 100% true! We had the perfect wedding reception thanks to Norman Voss and his DJ services. All of our guests couldn't believe he was actually singing some of the songs and how great he was. There was never a moment where there weren't people dancing due to his high energy and enthusiasm. Even the people who said they didn't like to dance were on the dance floor having a great time. You could tell Norman really enjoys and has a passion for what he does. He was organized, flexible and very professional. We highly recommend him!!!

Sent on 04/15/2014

Patrice · Married on 04/06/2014

Norman was spectacular -- He sang beautifully during the cocktail hour. He also was the master of ceremonies during the reception and provided a lot of energy to the event and of course he was a wonderful DJ too. It was all done with elegance and spirit.

Sent on 04/08/2014

After researching several local DJ's last summer we were drawn to Norm's website and the versatility he offered his clients at a similar price to DJ's that did not have his range. He was very personable and accommodating when we met him. The groom is a music buff and coordinated all the song choices with Norm. We had Norm play classical guitar before the ceremony, he played music for the cocktail hour, he sang a few Frank Sinatra songs during the meal and coordinated the reception music and events while keeping things fun and the guests engaged. He even said the meal blessing when the pastor had left. He has a wonderful DJ and singing voice and has the experience to handle anything you may want for your wedding/reception. Many guests commented on his versatility and his talented guitar playing and singing. Norm was quite a find for our first family wedding!

Sent on 03/20/2014
  • F

Paige · Married on 01/04/2014

Norman Voss did an amazing job at my wedding reception. Not only was his live singing during cocktail hour awesome, but he also played the perfect mix of appropriate and fun music during the dinner and rest of the reception. I would highly recommend Voss DJ Service!

Sent on 01/09/2014

C · Married on 09/28/2013

Norman served as the DJ and MC for our wedding reception in September. He was responsive to all of our emails in the months leading up to the wedding, often responding within less than 24 hours to a request. During the wedding reception he entertained the guests during the cocktail hour with Frank Sinatra style singing and light guitar music. We received several compliments from our guests on his singing. During the reception, he was extremely fun and was able to keep people on the dance floor for the entire night. He played a wide variety of music and made sure everyone had fun. He also was able to accommodate some last minute changes to the schedule and be mindful of the timing of reception activities. We would recommend Norman for any wedding reception!

Sent on 03/23/2014

Norm did a great job! He got the crowd dancing and played the songs we asked him to play.

Sent on 09/17/2013

My (now) husband and I chose to use Norman as our DJ after a coworker of mine insisted that of all the vendors she used in her wedding, he was the one she would recommend over and over.

He was extremely helpful. About a week before the wedding, when I was beginning to freak out, he walked me through the ceremony and reception step by step and went over what would be played when and when announcements would be made. We had him play music for our ceremony, sing and play guitar during cocktail hour, and then DJ the reception. He added awesome touches, like putting a silly hat and sunglasses on my husband and having him lead a love train. He had a good sense of the crowd and kept the dance floor full the whole night. I happen to have a lot of theatre friends, which I did not tell him. Apparently, he caught on. He played a Grease medley which was a huge hit.

Post wedding, numerous guests have expressed how awesome our DJ was. Everyone loved him and had a great time.

Sent on 09/14/2013

Catherine · Married on 07/27/2013

DJ Voss was an excellent DJ and MC at our wedding at Chestnut Hill B&B in Orange, Virginia! We were so impressed with how seamless all the transitions in the night were, how he covered up "hiccups" so that no one noticed, and he had everyone out on the dance floor all night. It couldn't have gone better! Plus, his teenage son did an excellent video for a nominal fee. :)

Sent on 08/12/2013

Tammy · Married on 07/21/2013

Norm went above and beyond the duties of a wedding DJ. He was very easy to work with and super accommodating as well as we discussed details via Skype (my husband and I live in different states and the wedding took place in a third!). His classical guitar was beautiful as I walked down the aisle and he emceed the entire reception smoothly. Norm is extremely prepared with all the necessary equipment and worked very well with the venue to coordinate his needs with their capabilities. His combination of classical guitar, singing, and contemporary DJ stylings made for an eclectic and entertaining event. We loved him!

Sent on 09/21/2013

j · Married on 07/06/2013

Norm wws great to work with. Fabulous voice and plays beautiful classical guitar. He worked seamlessly around the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception at the Airlie. He interacted with our guests and everyone raved
    Norm helped make our daughters wedding day beautiful.

Sent on 07/25/2013

Rob · Married on 06/30/2013

Norman was great! Wendy and I were thrilled with his professionalism, enthusiasm and passion. It's important to have someone who genuinely cares about the bride and groom having a great experience, and thus, great memories to look back upon. Norman is a class act. He is a great voice and knows how to keep the focus on the bride and groom. Surround yourself with the best cast of supporting actors and the chances are you will have a great wedding celebration! Wendy and I highly recommend Norman.

The Groom

Sent on 07/14/2013

Doris · Married on 06/08/2013

Oh my God, this man is amazing! Where else do you find the combo of live music and awesome DJ??!! My guests did not realize that Norman was actually playing the guitar and singing the classic Frank Sinatra/ Dean Martin favorites. He was a fantastic emcee and kept the party moving. He knew exactly how to get the party started and folks on the dance floor. We asked for an additional hour at the last minute and no problem! He was elegantly attired, and he was there ready to go when we arrived. He even had magic tricks up his sleeve to engage the little ones. Who is this guy, Superman?? Honestly, HIRE HIM!

Sent on 06/10/2013

Sarah · Married on 05/11/2013

I can't say enough about DJ Voss and the services he provided for my wedding. He was the DJ at my sister's wedding 1.5 years ago, and when I got engaged he was the first vendor I contacted.

Our wedding was at the Lorien Hotel & Spa on May 11, 2013. We requested DJ Voss play music in 3 separate locations during the day, and the transitions from each location were seamless. The ceremony was on the rooftop of the hotel, and DJ Voss provided instrumental music in addition to guitar accompaniment for 2 family members that were singing. He arrived at the site early to practice the piece with them. DJ Voss sang during dinner - and if you didn't see him singing, you'd think it was the original recording. It was a really lovely touch! After dinner the party moved into another location for dancing and drinks. DJ Voss was able to move everyone and keep the music playing without any interruption. He kept the party going until the night was over... we had an absolute blast!

DJ Voss is exceptional - I'd recommended him to any bride!

Sent on 05/30/2013

Ashley · Married on 05/04/2013

DJ Norm was a GREAT vendor choice for us. Not only is he a DJ but he sings (beautifully) and plays the guitar! He is full entertainment for a wedding at such a great price. He also only charged a small fee for travel to Richmond (two hours from DC) to be at our reception.

Norman was professional and a great listener. He really grasped what we wanted and what we liked and didn't like (without much guidance from us!). He kept the party going which really MADE the wedding. We received so many compliments on him after the wedding and were even asked if he had a vocal CD to buy.

He was able to accommodate last minute changes (I had a bridesmaid that went into labor the day before the wedding changing all of the line ups) with tact and politeness.

He is a MUST for your wedding- I would recommend him over and over again!

Sent on 05/22/2013

Jack · Married on 04/13/2013

We chose Voss after we saw his performance at our friend's wedding. He was just amazing! He ran sound for the ceremony, played instrumental guitar, sang during cocktails, played dj music, performed live, and assisted us in our live performance, all while setting up and maintaining three separate audio setups. We had a wonderful meeting months in advance and all of our preparation and hard work paid off! Highly recommended!

Sent on 04/29/2013

Aycie · Married on 03/10/2013

Dj Voss is an exceptional singer. He did everything that we asked him to do on our wedding and more! I received a lot of compliments from our guests and they even asked us how did we find him. If you want something different and not just a "regular" DJ, I highly recommend DJ Voss. He sings, play instrument, and he can be master of ceremony too.

Sent on 04/04/2013

Ryan and Jamie · Married on 02/23/2013

DJ Norman Voss was excellent!! Outstanding professionalism and a great job in directing the events of the wedding throughout the entire evening. His ability to not only play all your favorite songs but to be able to sing and play guitar adds a special touch to your wedding reception.

Sent on 02/26/2013

A. R. · Married on 10/27/2012

Norman Voss was our DJ of choice for my daughter's wedding reception on Saturday, October 27, 2012. The reception was held in
    the atrium of the Old Ebbit Grill and included an hour cocktail
    reception on the roof top of the OEG where Mr. Voss played guitar and sang. He was amazing!!! All the guests loved hs singing and choice of music. I am not exaggerating when I say he sounded just like Harry
    Connick, Jr. He was just that good. It was a beautiful fall afternoon, the view of Washington, DC was amazing for our out of town guests and Norman Voss, of Voss DJ Service, provided the entertainment that our guests will remember for a lifetime.

Sent on 10/31/2012

After first seeing DJ Voss in action at a friends wedding, my husband and I knew right away that we needed to follow suit and book him for our own wedding the following year. From playing classical guitar as guest trickled in for the ceremony, to performing easy listening jazz classics, and finally kicking off the dance party from the DJ booth—we were confident that he would create the perfect soundtrack for every minute of the most important day of our lives.

What we didn’t know—was that behind the elegant tux, silky smooth voice, and effortless authentic charm we would also find someone that would help keep our wedding day on track. See, unbeknownst to my husband and I, our onsite venue coordinator jumped ship mid evening, but thanks to DJ Voss the show went on. Swimmingly might I add. He kept the program moving facilitating all the transitions between dinner, speeches, dancing, cake cutting etc. without skipping a beat.

Oh and did I mention we got married in a mansion turned art gallery? While the multiple rooms could have been a logistical and technical nightmare for some, DJ Voss was not fazed in the least. He even brought equipment to help my sister with a slide show. (This request was not within the scope of our contract, but he was happy to go above and beyond.)

Long story short—if you are looking for someone super talented, flexible & easy to work with, who will immerse themselves in your day & be a hit with all your guests—DJ Voss is your guy and hands down the best party trick in town. We can’t thank and recommend him highly enough!

Sent on 03/11/2014

Bobbie · Married on 10/11/2012

Guest after guest have contacted me about Norman – in shock and praise at how fantastic he sounded, and how fun we was in keeping the party lively, from the conga line to the "longest married couple" dance.

He also took really good care of us when dealing with a certain family member that was ... unpredictable. When that person didn't get up for their dance, Norman made sure it moved along flawlessly. To the point where I (!!) didn’t even realize there was an issue! That’s talent, and it's nice to know the day will be remembered as perfect because of his quick thinking.

There's NO ONE that I imagine could do a better job than Norman. Hands down.

Sent on 10/22/2012

Lisa · Married on 10/06/2012

DJ Voss did an amazing job as the DJ for our Oct. 6th, 2012 wedding at Chestnut Hill Bed & Breakfast! First, his overall talent is sensational! All of our guests commented that they did not realize the DJ was singing and they thought it was a CD. Not to mention the fact that he plays the guitar as well! His charismatic personality got our guests active and dancing which took our wedding to a higher level- but he in no way stole the show. He was incredibly flexible. He adapted to the few changes we made on the spot flawlessly. This type of flexibility I thought was key because you never know how an event will go and being rigid about the preplanned schedule could ruin a special moment. However, Norman was very organized and appropriately reminded us of the schedule allowing us to guide the event. I can’t say enough positive things!

Sent on 10/08/2012

Monica · Married on 09/21/2012

I can't say enough about Norman Voss! Absolutely awesome. He kept the dance floor packed the entire night. The singing and guitar playing was flawless, I had so many people come up to me and my husband and were in shock that it was him singing and not a cd. AND when my two nieces went up to him he starts doing a magic trick for them WHILE he was singing and he didn't skip a beat!! Who does that?!?! Incredible! Couldn't be happier with our choice. Norman, Thank you so much!!

Sent on 09/24/2012

Jessica · Married on 09/15/2012

He was fantastic and the party never stopped! Do yourself a favor and hire Norman Voss :) Reception at Airlie Center Warrenton, VA

Sent on 09/21/2012

My daughter's wedding was at Potomac Point Winery and Norm Voss provided the DJ services....and we couldn't have asked for anything better. He was very good, very fun, and very professional...and he provided everything we asked for and more.

Sent on 08/24/2012

Jessica · Married on 08/17/2012

Norman Voss was great. He is very personable and helpful threw the planning process. He helped us pick out songs and played the right kind of music for the reception. He got all our guests out on the dance floor. He was perfect as the MC as well. He played and sang during the cocktail hour and dinner. We got so many compliments on his performance. I highly recommend Voss DJ.

Sent on 08/28/2012