Voss Weddings Reviews

157 | Woodbridge, VA

157 Reviews for Voss Weddings

I can't say enough good things about Norman. He's a true professional and his experience shows. There were so many questions I had about timing and order of things but after talking things over, I knew the the one thing I didn't have to worry about was the DJ. My guests were amazed that he was singing (many didn't even notice...he really does sound exactly like Frank Sinatra). He gracefully accepted my large request list and "do not play" list without complaint. Guests were happy and dancing all night. On top of all that, he was a great value! I also rented uplighting from him and he was kind enough to set them up in his living room so I could see what the pink looked like. Definitely book him!

Sent on 04/19/2016

Lauren · Married on 03/05/2016

Norman was incredibly easy to work with. He provided a detailed schedule for the reception that I was just able to fill in to fit what we wanted. At the wedding, I was amazed to learn what an incredible artist he was. In addition to his DJ skills, he sung and played the guitar- we literally had a DJ and a live artist, it was the best of both worlds and our guests couldn't get enough of Norman! He was flexible, professional, and beyond our expectations. Thanks to Top of the Town for connecting us with a real gem! Thank you, Norman, for helping to make our special day so fun and memorable!

Sent on 03/07/2016

Norman Voss was the DJ/singer at our wedding at Top of the Town. He is an experienced and consummate professional-fun to work with and a great entertainer. He was very easy to work with from start to finish. For example, he guided as through a basic time-line during our first discussion and then as we got closer to the wedding, he offered many good suggestions about songs and styles of music that were appropriate for each phase of the ceremony. We received many complements from our guest about his singing and the great job he did keeping the party going. We highly recommend Norman.

Sent on 02/23/2016

Jen · Married on 11/07/2015

Norman was awesome! We were married at Hunt Valley Golf Club in Phoenix, MD on November 7th. Norman was referred to us by good friends since he had done their wedding in 2010..and he did not disappoint!! Everyone loved him and could not stop talking about him, both that night and the next day! People were impressed with how well he sings and thought it was a recording until they noticed him singing. He was very responsive to all of my emails and was very accommodating for us. The music he played was modern and kept everyone happy and dancing! He had great energy and was a pleasure to work with. A lot of guests asked for his card and were disappointed he lived so far away. We would definitely refer him to anyone that is looking for a DJ!! And if we are in need we would definitely not hesitate to use him again!! Thank you Norman for helping us with our special day!!

Sent on 11/19/2015

Cara · Married on 10/24/2015

Norman was the DJ at my wedding on October 24, 2015. To say Norman was amazing would be an understatement! Norman has a great energy that is truly contagious. He had all of my wedding guests dancing the night away on the dance floor! I had numerous wedding guests come up to me at the end of the night and rave about how great our DJ was. His music truly set the tone for the night. I honestly can't say enough great things about him :) if you're getting married, I highly recommend Norman!

Sent on 11/02/2015

Daniel · Married on 10/17/2015

Norman did an outstanding job for our wedding at the Top of the Town. He was responsive before and during the reception. Our guests were shocked to see him singing the gamete of songs from Frank Sinatra to Neil Diamond. We couldn't believe it. Being that the father of the bride is not very agile, at the bride's request (after Norman's suggestion) Norman shortened the song when the Bride felt her father couldn't go any longer. He did anything and everything that was asked of him and we couldn't ask for a more fun/professional person with which to work!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Brooke · Married on 09/26/2015

If you are looking for an incredible DJ, look no further! Norm provided exceptional service, music and enthusiasm. Our ceremony and reception took place in Luray, Virginia and I am one happy bride! Norm is a master of all musical trades. From the ceremony music where he played classical guitar, to lounge music during cocktail hour, to singing while the guests were eating and even finding songs that I requested from my favorite music genre electro swing... everything was perfect! Norm was also very flexible in meeting with my husband and I over the phone several times before the big day. He had great ideas and helped us figure out the minute by minute specifics for how we wanted things to flow. I am so glad that I followed through with the recommendation to hire DJ Voss!

Sent on 10/26/2015
  • W

wendy · Married on 08/23/2015

"We had our wedding and reception at Glen Gardens in Fredericksburg.
    Norman was not only the photography and videography, but also the DJ! His
    wife assisted him but he pretty much ran the show, and he did a flawless
    job. He had our "highlight" pictures posted to his Voss Weddings Facebook
    page for us and our friends to view the same night!! Talk about fast
    service! So while the buzz of our wedding was still high, he sent it over
    the top with social media. Any friends or family who couldn't make it
    were instantly "liking" and commenting on all of the great pics! He then
    posted a highlights video the next day. Which also included a version of
    our first dance song that Norm recorded on classical guitar as background
    music for the video. GREAT!! Btw - during the cocktail hour Norman
    also played some classical guitar and then sang some Neil Diamond and Frank
    Sinatra and sounded exactly like the originals. Talk about talent.
    Ofcourse when it came time to dancing he played all the latest hits and
    classics that everyone loved and danced too. His price was also
    unbeatable if we would have hired all of the vendors separately. All we
    can say is hire this company for your wedding/reception!"

Sent on 09/03/2015

Sarah · Married on 08/15/2015

Norman Voss was so much more than just a DJ. Simply put, he created a beautifully fun and entertaining night. He provided some basic coordination planning in advance (created a timeline of events for the reception) and assisted with basic day of coordination when my MOH had questions about how to best do things like the send off. He played acoustic guitar for the wedding ceremony, provided live entertainment during the cocktail and dinner hours, and managed to play a variety of music that kept everyone satisfied. Norman was also able to quickly and easily coordinate a last minute change to the ceremony music, and this was the change that truly made the wedding. Everyone was buzzing about it. When the kids at the reception wanted to hear "Let it Go," he obliged them, and they loved it. When two of our guests wanted to lead a game of limbo, he had the music and props available. He even took amazing pictures throughout the night (a totally unexpected and beautiful surprise.) I'm not sure how he manages to do everything as perfectly as he does, but he was a truly a one-man show, an amazing professional, and great guy.

Sent on 08/17/2015

Sarah · Married on 07/25/2015

Norman Voss was our DJ, and also sang during our cocktail hour and dinner. He was AMAZING!! All of our guests were so impressed with his singing, and the music he played later in the night had all of our guests dancing (literally everyone - our 20-something friends, my 80 year old grandmother, and the three 3-5 year old children!). He was always very professional, and we felt like he really listened to everything we said we wanted for the music. He also did a fantastic job as master of ceremonies. The whole evening ran so smoothly. We have received so many compliments on our music in the week and a half since our wedding! Thank you so much Norman for making our wedding an incredible night!!

Sent on 08/05/2015

Monica · Married on 06/12/2015

Norman Voss exceeded expectations in every way. He was very professional and responsive when I needed him, but never hounded me about getting him any information or payment. I honestly didn't contact him very much beforehand because of how crazy busy wedding planning is, and still he did his part flawlessly. He was flexible and every service he provided was top notch. My guests were raving about him all night and still are almost a month after the wedding! His singing during cocktail hour and dinner provided the perfect atmosphere that no other ordinary DJ can provide. He set the mood, interacted so well with guests, got the party started, and kept it going masterfully! He was worth every penny we paid and even more. I would highly recommend him to anyone planning a wedding or any party for that matter. I would hire him again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 07/01/2015
  • User5198734 · 2+ years ago

We picked Voss DJ due to reviews on this site and he did not disappoint! Our guests loved the mixture of live music along with standard DJ-ing as well as the mixture of new and more classic songs. He even learned our first dance song to play live for us. Everyone had a great time and I attribute that in great part to his ability to keep things lively and fun.

Sent on 09/05/2015

Katie · Married on 05/02/2015

We are so glad that we hired Norman Voss! He does it all. He sings, plays classical guitar and is a great DJ and MC all rolled into one. We got married at Top of the Town in Arlington, a venue which he is very familiar with. He is very personable and the guests at my wedding responded very well to him. He is very easy to work with, professional, highly experienced and kept us on schedule throughout the entire night (which took a lot of stress off of me and my husband). We definitely would recommend hiring him!!

Sent on 05/12/2015

Megan · Married on 04/11/2015

Norman was an incredible DJ and made our wedding so much fun! He took care of all of our music (ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception) at Top of the Town in Arlington, VA. He played guitar during our ceremony, which was very elegant and perfect for our non-traditional ceremony. Norman has a wonderful voice and sang during our cocktail hour (Frank Sinatra type songs), which was a really nice touch. He worked the crowd during the reception and kept everyone on the dance floor the whole night. He even surprised everyone by singing in the middle of the dance floor for a song during the reception.....our guests loved it and it created some fun photos! Norman was really easy to work with prior to our wedding and met with us via Skype to discuss our timeline and play a sample of the songs for our ceremony. He's extremely friendly and his sincere enthusiasm made my husband and I even more excited for our wedding day. Norman has a ton of experience DJing weddings and that definitely shines through in his work.

Sent on 05/04/2015

Norman was so pleasant to work with and SO TALENTED. Our guests couldn't believe their ears when he began singing...they were sure he was lip syncing, but NO, he's that good! Norman was incredible AND a bargain. We would highly recommend him for your next wedding or party. Trying to think of an occasion to hire him ourselves. Nuts and bolt boring stuff now (but could be important to you): He is professional, dresses elegantly, shows up on time, took direction well, kept us on schedule, a true professional. HIRE HIM...you won't regret it.

Sent on 06/03/2015

Nathan · Married on 12/13/2014

We used Voss DJ services for our wedding reception and we could not be happier, we received many comments from our guests about what an excellent job he did. Norman provided a great soundtrack for our night, including singing classic love songs during the dinner hour and then kept the party going as we moved into dancing with a wonderful mix of music that had everyone moving until the last song. Prior to our event, Norman met with us to work through the details, walk through the basic timeline of events, talk about specific elements of the evening and of course go through music (dances, do/do-not play lists etc). Voss DJ services was extremely responsive and flexible to meet our needs/desires for the evening. I could not have imagined our reception without Norman (Voss DJ Services) as a part of it. I would gladly recommend him to friends and have already passed his information on to several who attended our reception. A top notch DJ that will provide the atmosphere for a night to remember.

Sent on 12/25/2014

Carolyn · Married on 11/22/2014

Norman Voss was our DJ (and master of ceremonies) at our wedding on 11/22/14. He was absolutely terrific! He is very responsive and put us as ease by laying out a schedule for the evening (down to the minute!) and he even played guitar at our cocktail hour and during entrees, which was wonderful because it added such a nice, classy element to the event. His DJ services are fantastic, from the introductions to the last call! We were so happy we chose him, having seen him at our friend's wedding back in 2012. The value is also really great, especially when you compare it to others in this area. We were very pleased with the pricing which includes lights, schedule set up, cocktail/dinner music, and DJ services - you can't beat it! We highly recommend choosing Norman Voss for your wedding; we were very impressed and so were our guests!

Sent on 12/04/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 10/11/2014

Norman is a multi-talented artist. Not only was he our MC/DJ for our wedding, but he sang during cocktail hour and our first dance, and also took care of our ceremony. We were referred to him because he was mistaken for Michael Buble at another wedding. We were not disappointed!

Sent on 11/07/2014

Crystal · Married on 10/04/2014

Wow! Norman came highly recommended to us and now we know why! He is great at what he does! We booked Norman about a year out from our wedding and we were surprised to receive a schedule for the day-of so early! The schedule he provided really helped us to plan for the year leading up to our wedding day. When we met with him to discuss our final day-of schedule, he understood and even offered great ideas in addition to what we wanted. He made us feel that the day would go off without a hitch, and it did! Our guests were amazed at his singing--they thought it was recorded music until they looked up and saw him on the mic! Book with VOSS DJ, you get the best of everything...live singing, a fun DJ, and a great MC! Thanks again Norman for doing such an amazing job! We couldn't have been happier with our decision!

Sent on 10/22/2014

I cannot say enough positive things about Norman. He is truly a joy to work with. I received so many wonderful compliments on him the weeks after our wedding. All of our guests had a great time and were entertained all night long. He is very professional, polite, and responds quickly to any questions you may have about the event. My Maid of Honor booked him for her wedding immediately following my wedding. We were so fortunate to have had him at our wedding!

Sent on 11/07/2014

Colleen · Married on 09/13/2014

Norm is not your normal DJ, which would include sitting behind a computer, playing any random song on your list. He is so much more! He plays classical guitar, sings, and really sets the tone for the party. He is an expert in getting people up and dancing. Would highly recommend as he made our wedding even that more memorable!

Sent on 09/24/2014

Norman provided the music services for your celebration. He was easy to work with and ensured our guests enjoyed the evening.

Sent on 09/19/2014

Norman Voss is the best wedding DJ I have ever seen in the DC metro area... he sings during dinner and if you didn't look you would think it really is Frank Sinatra coming out of the speakers... BOOK HIM or risk getting just another corny wedding DJ....

Sent on 09/15/2014

Kristin · Married on 06/08/2014

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. Norman was so easy to work with. Dubbed "the singing DJ" he made both the ceremony and reception personal for us. My guests absolutely loved him and it takes a lot to impress my father and Norman passed with flying colors!

Sent on 06/12/2014

Elisha · Married on 05/25/2014

Norman Voss was such an amazing DJ!

I had Norman DJ my wedding reception and not only did he have the perfect selection of music (which I mostly left up to his discretion), he also had the most unbelievable singing voice. I had so many compliments from my guests about him. A comment that came up frequently was that my guests would think a Michael Buble song was being played from his system only to look over and see that it was Norman singing himself!

He also acted as our MC and made a great effort to communicate with all those involved with the wedding in order for it to run smoothly. I have only good things to say about him and his services and would recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 05/27/2014