111 Reviews for Venus Bridal Collection

Mother of Groom (1)
Flower Girls (1)
Jewelry (1)
110 Venus Bridal Collection Reviews

Absolute perfect experience ! Everybody I encountered were very sweet and extremely helpful!

Profile Picture Cheryl, 9/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Everyone at Venus bridal was so kind and helpful, they helped me find my vision and kept me within my budget. The alterations turned out great and I felt beautiful on my wedding day in one of their many beautiful gowns they have to offer. They are flexible and have great hours which is helpful for people who work longer hours.

Profile Picture Morgan, 8/5/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Bridesmaids, Flower Girls, Mother of Bride, Mother of Groom, Garters, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Shoes, Undergarments, Veils

Newsha is amazing! She helped us find my dress and helped every step of the way. Everyone in the shop was kind and very helpful even showing us where we could order shoes if we didn't like the ones they carry. I had a special request for my dress and they were very accommodating and prompt with getting back to me with pricing. I really cannot recommend this shop enough and will be doing so often!

Profile Picture RaeAnne, 7/8/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire, Jewelry

Loved my dress and they were so accommodating each time I wanted to come in or if I wanted to change my appt. I fully trusted them to do a great job and they did!

Profile Picture Heather, 5/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Excellent selection of beautiful and affordable gowns. Professional, polite & friendly (not snooty or overbearing) staff. Extremely helpful & accommodating. My daughter adored he young woman who helped her select dresses. They made an exciting time even better!

Profile Picture User5632771, Recently Married, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Where to begin? I had a very long engagement and decided to start my search for a dress pretty early on at Venus Bridal. At our first stop, I found the dress! The girls were very sweet, helpful, and accommodating when looking for different dresses that were along the lines of what I was looking for, and the staff is very professional when it comes to changing and trying on dresses. From the time that I bought my dress until the day before my wedding, Venus was great! There were a few things that I wanted done to the dress to make it mine, such as sewing on a belt, removing a sparkly bow detail that was originally on the dress, and adding lace to the sleeves. The seamstress was awesome and when I got my dress back after the work was done, I was in love! Even better, we did not have to make any size alterations over the entirety of the 18 months! Working with the staff at Venus was a wonderful experience and my dress is something that I will cherish forever, so thank you for being such an important part of my big day!

Profile Picture Ann, 5/13/17, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Hair Accessories, Veils

Such a wonderful dress shop! Small and almost hidden, with a kind and helpful staff. Sevda was personally the best! So sweet, helpful, honest and responsive! And they were so flexible with my wedding date change and making sure I got my dress on time.

Profile Picture Heather, 5/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

love love LOVE this place! They were SO friendly and easy to work with! I couldn't be happier! You MUST go there! You wont be disappointed!

Profile Picture User7093134, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Bride

The day I tried on dresses at Venus Bridal, I went to two other (much bigger) stores and Venus was by far the best experience. I worked with Sevda that day and she was so friendly and helpful. The whole process was very personal and relaxed, and I never felt pressured to make a decision. Each time I went back for a fitting or alterations, I had a wonderful experience. They held my dress until I was ready to pick it up and steamed it before I took it.
They have great options on site and were an awesome team to work with!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 10/1/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Garters, Undergarments, Bride

My daughter and I had the best experience at this shop. And we'd highly recommend it to any bride or mother of the bride. We loved the fact that they had all their wedding gowns with a picture attached so you could actually see how it looked on a person. They were attentive and kind every time we were in their shop. Their seamstress did a wonderful job as well. They met every deadline promised and made both of us look great in our dresses. We shopped in at least 6 - 8 other bridal shops in the Baltimore/Columbia/Gaithersburg area, and got the best service here and didn't feel 'juggled" or pressured. It was a lovely atmosphere to shop for your once in a life time wedding. Thank you!

Profile Picture User7148699, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I had a great experience at Venus Bridal between shopping for my dress and going in for the alterations. Elon helped me find the perfect gown and she was such a pleasure to work with. I chose a gown with an open/low back and at first I wasn't sure if I was comfortable with it. She had me try on similar styles with closed backs and helped me see that the dress was perfect as it was. I am so grateful for her expert advice because I loved my dress, and got so many compliments on it. The alterations process was smooth. I ended up needing two rounds of alterations and had the dress done with plenty of time to spare. Thank you for a great wedding dress experience!

Profile Picture Lisa, 8/20/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Bride

I had a fantastic experience at Venus Bridal. It was the first store I went to in my wedding dress search and I had little idea of what I wanted. Élan was extremely helpful in providing suggestions, guidance and feedback. All of the dresses seemed to be very reasonably priced and I had no trouble staying within my budget. My mom and I were allowed to pick a few dresses and Elan also picked a few based on my taste. She immediately put me at ease and was very receptive to my likes/dislikes. My dress was the 6th one I tried and Elan let me marvel at myself in the mirror for at least 30 minutes without rushing me once. She provided different belts, veils, hair clips, jewelry, etc for me to try with it and never seemed impatient. Other employees stopped by to comment on the dress and let me know different things we could add, such as straps. I can't speak highly enough about the selection and quality of service we received!

Profile Picture Claire, 6/25/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

My saleswoman, Elan was so sweet and helpful. She found me the perfect gown for my big day with such short notice. The gown was quite affordable considering the high quality too. I had to have some alterations and the lady for that was incredibly awesome! She finished my dress with plenty of time to spare and did it perfectly. I can't wait to show it off June 9, 2016!

Profile Picture Christina, 6/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I cannot thank Venus Bridal Collection enough! They were so flexible and willing to make sure I had the perfect dress. Literally got my dress in two days! I called on a Tuesday morning to see if they had any appointments for that afternoon and explained that the wedding was Friday (most places couldn't help me), sure enough they were excited and couldn't wait to see me. Every dress they picked out for me looked amazing, and made it so hard to pick a favorite! I'm so happy that I was able to get everything I wanted for such a low cost and get it before my wedding (literally two days). I hugged and cried the seamstress and thanked her, without them I wouldn't have wore a dress!

Profile Picture Cynthia, 5/14/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Bride, Mother of Bride

I had as smooth an experience as could be had at Venus Bridal Collection in Ellicott City! Elan was my first consultant, and she was wonderful to work with, smart, friendly, patient, and supportive, with lots of helpful advice. She was really good at sensing what I wanted pretty quickly, was candid and honest with her comments (which I appreciate!), and in the end I found a dress I loved! My fittings also went quickly, I only needed two visits which was great, and the seamstress' work was flawless. They have a great and surprisingly wide collection for a personal boutique, and overall reasonably priced for wedding gowns with a nice range of options, including great accessories. Nice and convenient bridal gown option in Howard County!

Profile Picture Jean, 5/7/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Hair Accessories, Veils, Bride

Great experience! I would definitely refer any future bride or friend to Venus!!!

Profile Picture Erika, 4/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Venus Bridal was fantastic. We found my dress on our first visit, during a trunk show. I described what I had in mind, and the lovely ladies at Venus were able to pull out almost exactly what I described from the large selection of dresses, and it was just exactly perfect. After being sized and altered, the dress fit like a glove but was not at all confining. It was of utmost importance to me that I could breathe and dance! It was tailored perfectly to every curve, and they were attentive to each detail. Venus kept the dress between fittings, and took excellent care of the dress. I felt very comfortable every time I was in for a fitting, they were very helpful and careful when helping me in and out of the dress. It was a great experience, and I would highly recommend.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Robin, 10/18/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

My sister in law picked bridesmaid dresses in Pennsylvania a little over a month before their wedding so we didn't have much time to order dresses and get them altered. Venus bridal made everything so much easier for me considering the time frame that I had. The employees were very nice! I was so great full that I got my dress in Maryland instead of waiting for it to be sent to Pennsylvania then to Maryland. Thank you Venus bridal!

Profile Picture Kyra, 10/17/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Bridesmaids

The entire staff is super friendly and professional. Found the dress of my dreams!!!

Profile Picture Regina, 10/12/15, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Mother of Bride

We rented 7 suits and the shoes too for the groomsmen, groom and father of the groom. The final fit of the suits was wonderful. We could tell that measurements were taken carefully because they all looked so good. The service was friendly and helpful. We were very pleased.

Profile Picture User5503057, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

The associate I worked with was extremely helpful. She led me to the styles I liked, let me browse the store's options, and let me try on as many dresses as I wanted. This was the first store I went to, and I found my wedding dress within an hour. The dress also arrived two months early, which was a pleasant surprise.

Profile Picture User4609814, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Very friendly staff! This store has the best values around the tri-state area. I was shocked to find a dress for $500 less then a store I went to DC

Profile Picture User4589670, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I went wedding dress shopping with my mom and we went to several boutiques before finding my dress here. They helped us try on dresses and after finding the one, helped every step of the way after that. After the dress was ordered and it arrived, they were flexible in scheduling fittings and didn't let me take it until it fit perfectly. The prices aren't much different from other boutiques, additional tailoring to the dress will cost you $$, but that will happen mostly anywhere.

Profile Picture Michelle , 5/1/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Venus Bridal Collection was the perfect place to get my dress. The staff are very friendly and professional and provide personalized service that far exceeds anything you will get at David's Bridal. They carry a range of designers and had the perfect dress for me that also fit my budget. My dress was everything I was looking for and needed minimal alterations. However, one should keep in mind that alterations can cost just as much as the dress sometimes, depending on what you need. I was fortunate that my alterations did not double the cost of my dress. However, all dresses will likely require a hem and bustle at minimum and these two items alone cost over $200. At the same time, I think it is important to have your alterations done where you buy your dress. They know their products best and are more likely to cater to your personal needs if you bought your dress from them. A couple of my alterations were very specific to my taste and the seamstresses at Venus were more than willing to work on the same alterations more than once to ensure my happpiness. Overall, I had a wonderful experience and highly recommend this salon if they carry the designer or style of dress you want.

Profile Picture User3720905, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews