Thought That Counts Events Reviews

2 | Norcross, GA

2 Reviews for Thought That Counts Events

Alison · Married on 10/08/2011

Anika of Thought That Counts Events is amazing!
    Trying to plan a wedding on our own was really hard on us- we were in the process of moving from out of state, I had started a new very demanding job, and our parents were supportive but did not have the time or interest to help plan a wedding. When I met Anika I felt like an angel had walked into our lives- glowing halo and all!

Anika is the kind of person who reads people, she knew the answer to any question we were asked, she knew our preferences before we did, and she had the ability to concretely communicate my abstract desires to vendors. And its not that we all wanted the same things- she planned our wedding, with our wishes, not a cookie cutter package wedding.

Throughout the planning we had continual issues with the staff of the original venue I chose. I loved the property and against my (and Anika's) better judgment I held my tongue and planned to go forward with the wedding. Within two weeks of the wedding we had to change venues. Anika managed both the change and my stress, and immediately sprung to action planning a ceremony in my back yard! Luckily we found an amazing venue with availability (Little Gardens in Lawrenceville). Anika met with the sales director, transferred every detail of our wedding day. All my husband and I had to do was see the venue, approve the menu, and say yes!

Anika acted as a family liaison answering the many wedding week questions, created beautiful centerpieces coordinated with the florist, managed our budget and payments, kept my husband and I from eloping, and she took take of every detail- even picking up the projects I ran out of time to finish. We were always in constant contact and I never felt like she was too busy for me, or even that she had other brides distracting her. (She had several- but I felt her 100% dedication) Anika made our wedding beautiful and perfect. We would not have had the wedding we did without the love and dedication she gave. There is no way to put a dollar on the value of care and service she provides, but I know she is worth more than her rates.

Thought That Counts Events is a great value, provides dedicated loving service, creates perfect events, has creative ideas, and is a visionary communicator.

Sent on 10/28/2011

0.8
      0.5
      1.0

We worked with Anika on one of her weddings and she coordinated rental lighting from us in August of 2013. In renting her and her client equipment totaling over $5000 she indicated that she needed the equipment on a faster turnaround than we normally handle but we worked with her in renting her the equipment that she needed for her client. After we shipped her the equipment that she received, she was supposed to ship the equipment back to us the following business day after the event. We did not hear back from her or the client for a couple of weeks. We contacted Anika and she said that the client was going to be responsible for shipping us the equipment back. We were not able to get in contact with the client after trying for months in trying to contact her, Anika says that she was not able to contact the client either. Then it was back and forth over who had the equipment. The client said Anika had it, Anika said the client had it. We still have not gotten the equipment back or payment for the stolen equipment. It was a mess working with Anika who says that it was not her responsibility for the equipment when she was the one who handled each interaction with us from start to finish. She was responsive in getting back to us but in the end we had over $4000 dollars of equipment stolen from us and that is completely unacceptable for an event planner to lose that amount of equipment that we worked with her to get as a professional courtesy.

Sent on 06/07/2013