The Modern Edge Events & Catering Reviews

16 | Broomfield, CO

16 Reviews for The Modern Edge Events & Catering

• Kristen

Kristen L. · Married on 03/30/2018

Great food at a great price

I cant express enough how good their food is! We did the taco truck style taco bar and everyone loved it!

Sent on 06/28/2019

Shannon · Married on 05/31/2016

I can not express enough how amazing the modern edge is!! They catered our rehearsal dinner, our wedding and brunch the next morning. Karen was my event Cordinator and I don't think my big day would have gone as smoothly without her. They did a great job of taking control of things so I could just have a great time and they were extremely accommodating during the planning process. They went above and beyond what I expected. Karen picked up and took back all of our lines and silverware, which we got from another company. Having the modern edge on my wedding planning team was one of the best decision I made. Oh, and the food was delicious.

Sent on 06/10/2016

Christy · Married on 11/25/2015

What a great find! We started working with Modern Edge Events and Catering a few months prior to our wedding when another caterer we had planned fell through. Karen, the owner, was amazing to work with. She was so thorough in discussing all the options we had, and was so helpful in arranging all our rentals as well (dishes, glasses, linens, etc.). She was flexible and helpful and it was very very easy to work with her.

Her and her staff did an amazing job serving at our wedding as well. Many of guests commented on how professional and kind the staff was. The food was absolutely amazing!! We still have guests that talk about the steak. We had multiple people ask for Modern Edge Events and Catering contact information because the food was so delicious. The presentation was wonderful and all around, it was a pleasure working with Karen and her staff. We couldn't have asked for a better caterer for our wedding. Their rates are incredibly reasonable compared to other caterers and I did a very extensive search of caterers in the area. All around you can't go wrong with Modern Edge. I highly highly recommend them to anyone looking for a caterer!

Sent on 11/08/2015

We've working with The Modern Edge for many events around Broomfield, so when the time came to find a caterer for our wedding it was no question who we wanted to work with. The owner Karen is so easy to work with and we haven't met a single member of her staff who is anything less than wonderful. The food is beyond compare, and they were very willing to work out a catering plan that fit our style and budget. Absolutely a joy to work with these guys!

Sent on 12/11/2015

Dawn · Married on 09/27/2015

Chef Michael and Karen and the whole Modern Edge Catering staff were awesome!! The food was fabulous! We had many compliments on how delicious it all was. We were glad there were a few left-overs that we enjoyed the next day, especially the manchego cheese dip. Very easy to communicate with and super flexible with any changes we made. They will definitely go above and beyond to make sure your wedding meal is perfect. I would definitely recommend The Modern Edge. I will look to them for any event I may need catered in the future.

Sent on 10/09/2015

Chelsey · Married on 05/15/2015

Modern Edge did an amazing job for our wedding! The food was delicious and we received a lot of compliments! They were very flexible as we created our own menu for the wedding and were reasonably priced! The staff was also very helpful and professional! I would definitely recommend Modern Edge!

Sent on 06/25/2015

We could not have been any more happy with the service and quality of food provided by Karen and her staff. Not only that, they also helped with the event rentals such as tables, chairs, runners, etc. Everything was on-time, they were extremely flexible, and were more than happy to work inside our budget. Guests are still raving about the quality of the food. We highly recommend Modern Edge to anyone needing a caterer for any type of event.

Sent on 10/20/2014
  • bo & jodie

Jodie · Married on 08/31/2014

they did a great job! my guests loved the food and karen was so helpful and flexible with our changing guest count

Sent on 09/10/2014

Mary · Married on 06/21/2014

Modern Edge Events was an absolute pleasure to work with! They did the catering, bartending and day-of-coordinator services (Nikki was fantastic!) and the event was flawless. They were prompt when answering questions and had good suggestions during the planning process. They made our big day so easy, all we had to do was show up and be guests at our own event. It was really nice to be able to focus on the day itself and not have to worry about any details. The food was most excellent and our guests are still talking about the amazing Prime Rib station. They were able to work in our budget and went above any beyond at each step of the process. A big thank you to Mike, Karen and their entire team for making an unforgettable night for us!!

Sent on 07/18/2014

Desiree · Married on 11/02/2013

I won a candy bar from Modern Edge at the Villa Parker's "Wed Wonderfully" bridal show. They contacted me about my colors and candy choices and set up a beautiful display that fit perfectly with my theme! It was a huge hit with all my guests and Modern Edge was amazing!

Sent on 01/30/2014

Karen created a wonderful menu for an outside picnic for 100. Everyone loved the food. It was fun working with Karen. She allowed me enough freedom to do the part of the picnic that I wanted to do. She and her team were great to work with. I highly recommend Modern Edge. Very professional, flexible and accommodating to meet your needs.

Sent on 08/05/2014

Our food was amazing! I could not believe the value we got with Modern Edge. I was quoted triple the cost by other vendors and was floored by Modern Edge. Their prices were great! Their food was great! Everyone at my wedding had amazing things to say about the food.

Sent on 05/12/2017
  • Janna

Janna · Married on 06/10/2017

Modern Edge was awesome. I had began planning my personal friend and a couple family members to do our grilling for our wedding. We were camping and just wanting to throw some elk and bison burgers on the grill. It sounds easy until you have 75 plus people to grill for. We were kind of last minute in the realization we needed help and luckily Modern Edge was there to save our day.
    They were incredibly flexible with us and more than accommodating with us. They did our grilling for us and created the best Mocktails I've ever had. They were so friendly and professional at our wedding as well and we just enjoyed working with them. Huge shout out to ya'll for saving our day and our sanity!

Sent on 09/12/2017

Jennifer · Married on 09/09/2016

3.8
      3.0
      3.5
      3.0

Mike and Karen can work with any budget and make sure your event is special and runs smoothly. Karen listens to all of your wants and needs and makes sure they are implemented on your big day.

Sent on 09/19/2016

Rus · Married on 04/03/2020

2.4
      2.0
      1.0

The one vendor from our wedding we would not recommend

At first, we were excited to find Modern Edge and created a menu we thought our guest would love. We're sad to say that they were the one vendor we would not hire again from our wedding and it is so disappointing how they handled the situation following our event.

1. Food was cold: As the bride and groom, we were the first ones to get our food and it was cold. Not lukewarm, it was cold. We had other guests comment on it during the night and some even mentioned it still days after the wedding. So embarrassing and we specially stressed during our tasting that hot food was our most important aspect for the food and were told it would be hot. The pasta had congealed and so did the sauce for the steak.
    2. Poor customer service: When we contacted the caterer following the event to let them know our disappointment, Karen, the owner, blamed the cold food us being behind schedule, the prayer, a short two minute welcome from the father of the bride, and us for not having ordered plate covers to keep the food warm. We were also told we had kept plates in our car and someone had to go get them, which caused a delay. We know two of these reasons to be a lie since we were 15 minutes ahead of schedule when the prayer started and the groom (a detailed project manager) personally delivered the plates, put them in the kitchen, and labeled them for the specific uses. The captain even told us the night of the wedding she was sorry they had misplaced the appetizer plates but found them in the kitchen. We was shocked they took no responsibility and when confronted, did not back down and maintained it was not their fault . We hardly think a short prayer and welcome speech would make food go from warm to flat out cold.
    3. Nickel and diming after signed contract: We were shocked during our run-through three weeks prior to our wedding, to be told we needed to hire more staff (even though we now had fewer guests than quoted) and that they were charging a cake cutting fee (even though we had specifically asked about cake cutting and were told there was no fee during our initial contracting). In the end, they did not charge us for the cake cutting and changed their staff schedule to stay within the agreed budget.

We would love to say we would recommend Modern Edge for another event, but strongly urge you to reconsider. We hope their interactions with other couples and planners are much better than our experience.

A few nice things as well:
    1. Prior to our event, they were very typically accommodating and joined us for a walkthrough at the venue to get an idea of the space and our vision.
    2. They were accommodating for meals for children and a specific dietary need for one of our guest. I felt bad asking, but they took care of this without fuss and that was appreciated.

Sent on 06/04/2019
  • Tiffani

Tiffani · Married on 09/27/2018

1.0

Best day ever happened to be worst day ever

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY FOR YOUR WEDDING! A day that was supposed to be full of love, happiness, and celebration turned into one of the worst days imaginable thanks to Karen and her company Modern Edge Events and Catering. I attended a close friends wedding that used Modern Edge events and Catering and I would be completely horrified to use them for my wedding.

The bartenders hired through Modern Edge were completely careless as they filled every beverage to the rim and suggested Togo drinks at the end of the night. I witnessed them instructing guests if they want a Togo drink to grab some of the Togo cups from the coffee table. Someone grabbed a whole stack sadly an the bartenders were handing out “drinks”, my fiancé and I received one each even though we hadn’t asked for one. The worst part was that their version of Togo drinks was 12 oz of pure vodka. Where was the manager of the event during all of this? He was already buzzed from partaking in the open bar all night.

These bartenders OVERSERVED MY FRIEND WHO LOST HER LIFE to alcohol poisoning very shortly after the Togo drink incident.

I am aware there were other issues with this company and Karen hasn’t even responded to the bride who kindly reached out to try to prevent this from happening to any other wedding group again. Karen clearly lacks professionalism in her business and staff, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!

In response to your response: Miliana and Grace were your clients and my dear friends that you horribly failed. I witnessed your bartenders SERVE TOGO DRINKS THAT WERE PURE VODKA!
    I hope no one ever books your company for their special day as you and your horrible staff were a complete let down in so many ways.

Response from the owner

Thank you for reviewing us on google! We dont show you as a client of ours however we are saddened by your loss and our hearts go out to the family. We have done an full investigation of any evening and have found no negligence on the part of our team. However we do use reviews to better our team and experiences with our clients.

Sent on 06/30/2020