43 Reviews for The Event Connection

Microphones (1)
Projector (1)
Sound/PA System (1)
43 The Event Connection Reviews

My husband and I got married on June 3, 2018. We used The Event Connection for EVERYTHING.. Justice of the Peace, Photography, Videography and Uplighting. We are so grateful that we did. Everything turned out absolutely amazing. Richie, John and Lori made it so easy for us. We can’t recommend them enough!

Profile Picture Victoria, 6/3/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Officiant, Photography, Videography

You can’t go wrong working with this amazing group of people! Richie, John and Lori made sure every special moment was captured and that everyone had a great time at both the ceremony and reception!

Profile Picture Julie, 4/15/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Officiant, Photography, Videography

We chose the event connection for our wedding 10/6/17, and we are so happy we did! We originally had a different dj and photographer picked but after seeing them do one of our friends weddings we decided to go with them. The whole team there is amazing! All of the pre wedding stuff was a breeze with them. Richie is the photographer, the pictures came out beautiful, and we got the pictures right after our honeymoon. Richie is very easy to work with, he has a great eye and great ideas, he helped us a lot along the way! He was there on the wedding day at my house at 3pm, along with the videographer Lori, for getting ready photos and didn’t leave the wedding until it was over at 11:30pm. All of the pictures I wanted, Richie did. The justice of the peace and dj, Jon aka the rocking rev, gave us a lot of suggestions for introduction songs, and he kept the dance floor filled up all night! The ceremony went perfectly, and the reception was a big party (which I wanted). I would definitely go with them again if I had to choose, i will be using Richie as a photographer for future events. I would give them 10 stars if I could, they were that great!

Profile Picture christine, 10/6/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Officiant, Photography, Videography
Services Used: Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Awesome down to earth people who care about their work!!! Dj was John Wells for our wedding 9/3/2016 and he did amazing- he was fun, and got the party going. Music was exactly what we requested. Our videographer Lori did a great job making sure she captured our best moments on our special day. I wish I did my photography with them as well seeing their work for what I did hire them for was great. Even when booking them John was so caring when we had our first meet to go over what I was looking for in a vendor. He wanted to make sure I was happy and got exactly what I wanted, and assured me of this. HIGHLY recommend them for ALL vendor needs!! You wont be disappointed.

Profile Picture Trisha, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor, Videography
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

John was absolutely amazing to deal with! From making sure everything ran on time to the amazing dedication of my bouquet to my mother. These guys are awesome and deliver exactly what you want. My husband and I actually changed our wedding date to make sure John was our DJ! We also got a photo booth through the event connection which was a huge hit at our wedding. We couldn't be happier with the services that were provided-thank you so much for making our day exactly what we wanted.

Profile Picture Tanya, 6/18/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I could not have been happier with hiring The Event Connection for my wedding. I hired them for four services: Photography, Videography, DJ, and Photobooth. Richie was my photographer and he did an amazing job. We had a huge setback with the limo driver (got lost and drove around for an hour) which made us lose an hour of our photography time with the bridal party. But despite all of that Richie was able to get all of the pictures we wanted in half the time and they came out amazing. We ended up with about 1800 photos, more than enough to choose from for the album, which we just received and it is beautiful. We absolutely love our album and the quality is great. Lori was our videographer and she was fantastic at the wedding. Very nice and light-footed, we hardly knew she was there! We have yet to get our video, but based on their work so far, I am sure it will be awesome. John Wells was our DJ and he was awesome. He played so many great songs for us to dance to and was very attentive to my "Don't" list. Every single guest was up on the dancefloor which was packed until the very end. We had band as well (for ethnic music) and DJ John was very accommodating working in sync with all the band members. The photobooth was a hit with all the guests. We did not go with a typical kiosk booth, but rather a black backdrop that could fit as many people as we wanted with full body photos. They kept the attendee busy all night until it closed just 30 mins before the wedding was over. We got over 200 photos from guests having a good time and fun with wide variety of props. The guests loved it (and their 4x6 photos provided the night of the wedding)and were talking about it weeks after the wedding. Most of the communication was done with Richie and he was easy to get a hold of and very easy to work with. I would highly recommend booking this company for multiple services. Everyone was great to us and made sure the day went as smooth as possible (even with other vendor troubles).

Profile Picture Rita, 8/15/15, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

An Edit to my original Review....Still happy, but just a few things to add. Lots of our friends have gotten married after us and were able to post links/photos to social media which we were not able to do with the EC We can send people to a link but then they need a password and the photos have watermarks on them. Id love if they updated how they distribute their work so people can share more easily! Also, its very difficult to get a hold of anyone. Always call their cell!

We used The Event Connection for multiple services, photographer, videographer, DJ, JP and Lighting.

John Wells was our JP and DJ! This man can do it all and he will not disappoint. He helped us create a beautiful yet simple and short ceremony. Our guests really liked the way he spoke and delivered the ceremony. He was very caring and attentive.

Then, it was time to party and little did our guests know that our JP was a going to get behind the DJ booth and turn into the Rockin Rev! They were floored! John was amazing!! He stuck to our play list and shaped our reception perfectly. He pronounced every name correctly during introductions (Iv'e been at weddings where the DJ doesnt and its embarrassing!) and he kept the dance floor packed all night. Weeks later, people are STILL talking about the Rockin' Rev!!! He also helped with our uplighting and made sure that it was in-sync with the music and it was perfect!!

We also used Event Connection for Photography and Videography and I cant wait to get the pictures and video back. We've seen their work before and loved it and I cant wait to see how our day was captured! Richie, the photographer, came up with fun and creative photo shots including an awesome video of the groom and groomsmen going crazy over the grooms wedding ring! It was really cute and funny and a huge hit from those who have seen it.

I highly recommend the Event Connection and cant wait to see our pics and video!

Profile Picture Leah, 6/26/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Photography

My husband and I are very pleased with the services we received prior to and on our wedding day by The Event Connection! Their photography, videography & other services provided are top notch. Very professional and talented team!! You will not be disappointed! Thank you Richie, Lori, John and Mario for all your hard work and efforts! It was a pleasure having you with us on our special day : )

Profile Picture Barbara, 6/20/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Photography, Videography

We used this vendor for DJ & JP services. We actually saw John deliver his services at a friends wedding 2 years ago. Since that wedding... we knew John was the DJ we were hiring, when we finally decided to get married. It was the best decisions we made during our wedding planning! John knew exactly how to work the room. He was charismatic, personable & knew how to get the crowd rocking. He played great music for all ages! He took our song requests & used his knowledge/experience to create a super fun environment. He literally had every wedding guest in the room dancing. If you want a DJ who is going to deliver, I highly recommend you hire John "the rocking rev"! You will NOT be disappointed!

Profile Picture Julie, 5/16/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Ritchie,the owner of event connections, is outstanding at what he does. The services he provided were:photography,videography,DJ and photo booth. The majority of guests at my mom's 80th birthday party were astounded at how wonderful the event connection was. They felt like they were at a wedding,not a birthday party. He made my mom,s party !!! The pictures and video are memories my mom,family and mom,s friends will have for a lifetime.

Profile Picture Diane, 11/22/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

Event Connections did an amazing job and made it easy for us. John was our DJ and he promised us he could get everyone on that dance floor and he did. Even my husbands grandmothers were dancing. No one left early and it was a great night. He went from being our justice of the peace to our dj and everyone was amazed he played 2 roles and did an amazing job. Richy was our photographer and all the pictures came out great. He had great ideas for a variety of poses from getting ready to the ceremony and reception. He took so many shots and we had over 2300 pictures. He captured every moment. He also did a great job taking pictures and being in charge of the photo booth. I am amazed how well the pictures came out and the amount of pictures considering he played a big part in two roles. Laurie was our videographer and her and Richy worked well together. She also did a great job with creating a variety of poses and making sure she captured every minute of our special day. I cannot wait to see our video. The assistance also did a great job and made our night amazing. I received many compliments on how well they did and he helped make our wedding a success.

Nicole and Jason Shea

Profile Picture Nicole, 9/13/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had an incredible experience working with the event connection. We had a package for photo booth, videography, DJ, and photography and they really worked with our budget to make everything we wanted possible. Richie is an incredible photographer who went above and beyond for us and did way more than he needed to in order to help make our day special. We felt like we have known him forever he is extremely professional, creative, and fun. Felt like we had another family member at the wedding. The DJ John Wells was absolutely incredible! We have gotten so many compliments on the DJ for playing great music, getting everyone involved, and just knowing how to work the mic. Our biggest concern was making sure that everyone was involved no matter what the age and John did just that. We saw people on the dance floor that we would NEVER EVER expect to see, but they were out there having a blast. Videographer Lori was amazing and also felt like we had known her forever. She is so sweet and caring and constantly helping to make sure my veil and dress were perfect for the pictures and video. Anytime we saw a fun moment at the wedding, I would think aw I wish this was being recorded and then I turn around and Lori was already standing there recording it all. Photo booth: We loved the photo booth! It was not your typical photo booth, instead it was a back drop that could fit as many people as you want and you could see everyone’s full body instead of just faces that you would normally see in the strips. There were plenty of props to go around and everyone received a 4x6 copy and frame to take home. We loved the idea of the backdrop because it got so many more people involved like aunts and uncles that may not have tried if it was a booth.
A lot of decisions go into planning a wedding, this was by far the best decision we made by choosing the event connection. They made the wedding more memorable than we could have ever imagined and we can’t thank them enough.

Profile Picture chrissy, 7/18/14, 1 Review

Profile Picture JP, 7/18/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

The Event Connection made my wedding a night that not only My husband and I won't forget, but it has been three weeks now and my guests are still telling me how great our wedding was. We owe it all to Richie, John, and Lori. I could not have asked for a better team to work with. Richie took the best wedding pictures I have ever seen. He was able to catch everything with his camera without having it feeling the least bit awkward, same goes for our engagement photos. John is such a talented DJ words cannot describe how good he is. He listened to our every request and had everyone on the dance floor (even my 80 year old grandmother). Last but not least there is Lori. Lori was there for me on the wedding day from start to finish. She not only took video footage of our entire wedding, but she was there for me emotionally, by calming me down once I found out that I forgot my marriage license (crisis is now averted and we are officially married). This team made me feel like they were part of my family and I would recommend them to anyone and everyone! Thank you Event Connection!

Profile Picture User4288376, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Photography, Videography

This review is a bit overdue, but I will like to adamantly assert that "The Event Connection" is by far, one of the most professional, knowledgeable, and kind staff I have dealt with. This is not only applicable to weddings, but from the moment we made contact with them, they have been very friendly, personable, and just "down to earth."

They were not what most people probably think (myself included), that they are there to get as much money as possible. This was not the case with Richie, John, Laurie, or Brian. They were all so accommodating during our picture session, and all the random moments before and after.

John- is by far a very professional officiant, as well as a great DJ. He made everyone feel like they were all part of the family and had known each other for years by playing those songs that were all relative to the age group of our guests.

Richie- from the get-go, made you feel like he was a long time friend you hadn't seen in years, by immediately deflecting the business aspect of things and ensuring you would receive the utmost of quality when it came to pictures. He did an amazing job with our engagement pictures as well.

Laurie & Brian- cannot thank them enough for their hands-on assistance to both of us during what was a pleasant, but somewhat warm afternoon. Our venue helped provide them with ideas that none of us had imagined in the year prior to our actual date.

I WILL use The Event Connection from this point forward for all family, friends, and others that need professional photography. I highly recommend them, and this will hopefully catapult them into lead of receiving many more sought after photography awards.

Thank you guys again!! I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves, and we will certainly be in touch very soon for family photos.

Profile Picture Steven, 6/14/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Photography, Videography

Our experience with the team from The Event Connection was nothing short of amazing!

My husband and I got married on June 6th, 2014 at the Coonamessett Inn in Falmouth, MA. While planning our wedding and looking for vendors, we heard some positive feedback about people who used the Event Connection for weddings . After meeting with Richie, we knew that was who we wanted to go with. We booked a package with Photography, Videography, Justice of the Peace, Up-lighting and DJ services for our wedding and we I feel it was very beneficial to have the same company cover all the bases. I can not express enough at how great and professional the team was.

Richie- such an amazing photographer, obviously a true professional. the photos and video are so spectacular, it's amazing to see them it almost doesn't feel real! He took every opportunity to find wonderful shots and fun candid shots, without making it feel like it was his job. He helped us so much and made things work out so nicely.

John- He performed the ceremony as our Justice of the Peace- So lovely. He was wonderful at helping us find a ceremony style that was very much our own. It was so beautiful and I am honored that he was the person who married us! He also was our D.J. and they don't call him the "rockin reverend" for nothing! The reception was just such a fun time. I can't say enough great things about the music choices, song choices and honestly, people danced the entire time!

Lori- She did such a fantastic job with the video and also made me feel very comfortable. Such a great person to be around, very down to earth and obviously, great at her craft!

The up-lighting was spectacular, so pretty to see. The Coonamessett Inn is so gorgeous anyway so you can imagine how great it looked!! The team was just so great and I would definitely suggest booking your services with Richie, John and the team at The Event Connection. They really made a special day, even more amazing!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/6/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Photography, Videography

We used John Wells as our MC & DJ and he is AWESOME! He kept everyone up dancing and really knew how to play the crowd. We had a great time and I firmly believe he was a huge part of that!
We also used the Event Connection for uplightling, which looked beautiful in our ballroom. I would also reccomend bundling these features through the Event Connection.

Profile Picture Katherine, 5/3/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

We used Officiant, Reverend John Wells. He was very professional and helpful all along the way. He really got to know us and spent quality time putting our ceremony together. Highly, highly recommended. WE LOVED HIM!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 3/16/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

This company was fabulous!! they did my uplights, DJ, and video for my wedding in November and they were very professional and all around great with everything. my DJ John Wells was amazing and made my wedding a hug party and i loved every second of his MCing. you should definitiely book him! the uplights were amazing and added a whole other aspect to my entire reception i loved them. they were defintiely worth the extra money. and Laurie our videographer i never saw her until she said goodbye (which is a good thing because i didnt want a camera in my face all night)! all my products came out great and i cant say enough good things about this company. "Uncle Ritchie" as he prefers to be called hooked me up with a bunch of things that would have cost more and he was always very professional and on the ball. no doubt about it if you are looking for it all go with The Event Connection!!

Profile Picture kristin, 11/17/12, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor, Videography

Richie and Lori did our Photo and Video and they were great we got so many shots and hours of videos!

Stan was our DJ and he kept the music pumping and the music was great!

the whole team made our wedding great and what we expected everyone danced and had a great time

Thanks guys you guys are awesome!!

Profile Picture Melinda, 10/13/12, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor, Photography, Videography

One word...AMAZING!!! My husband and I were married in June 2012. We used the event connection for everything. From the moment we met Richie and John, we knew we had made the right decision. Right from the start they were excited and enthusiastic about making sure our wedding was something people would be talking about for years. They told us people would say our wedding was the best wedding that they've ever been too. And they were right!! Richie gave us the most beautiful pictures we could have ever asked for. They are gorgeous!! John made our ceremony beautiful and perfect for us. It was a ceremony that was designed for only us and we loved it. John was also the rocking rev and kept the party going all night. Our dance floor was never empty. If you want a memorable wedding, and people to say it was the best wedding they've ever been too then go with the event connection. Worth every penny.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 6/23/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor, Photography, Videography

The best experience with Uncle Richie and John Wells. Their professionalism made everything run so smoothly. The photos at our house, the church and reception were amazing! John Wells is a FANTASTIC DJ and we had many compliments on how great he ran the reception. Also had a friend book their services for their upcoming wedding in June 2013. The video was awesome also! The office staff was fantastic too - so excited for us and with my sisiter getting married just 6 months ago (using the event connection also) we were treated like family! Would definately recommend them to all future brides!!

Profile Picture Heather, 11/12/11, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Photography, Videography
1.8

This is an UPDATE to my previously posted review...

Working with The Event Connection was great. Until it came time to get our wedding album and video made.

First of all, the video took 6 months to be made. We were told to expect it to be in 4 months, so I was little annoyed at how long it took. But it was worth the wait.

Now, onto my real problems. We are less than 2 months away from our one-year anniversary and still have no wedding album. After we submitted our photos for the album design process, it took 9 weeks (3 weeks longer than we were told it would take) to have our album designed. We were then told the album would be ready in about 6 weeks. It has been 13 weeks since we approved our album design and we haven't received anything yet! I have sent them email after email asking why it's taking so long and not a single one has been acknowledged or responded to. I'm not going to stop hounding them until I get my album, but I will be filing a complaint with the department of consumer protection soon.

BOTTOM LINE: PAY THE MONEY TO BUY THE RIGHTS TO THE NEGATIVES AND MAKE YOUR OWN WEDDING ALBUM. DON'T PAY THE MONEY TO HAVE THEM MAKE ONE FOR YOU UNLESS YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THIS BS.

Profile Picture User2626776, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography
2.3

Working with them up until the day of the wedding was great. DJ Stan was awesome!!! However my ENTIRE experience post wedding has been a DISASTER for trying to get the memories of my wedding thru photos and video!!! It took 6 months to receive my video when I was told 6-8 weeks after the wedding. It has been a year and I still do not have a wedding album design! I sent over my favorite photos for them to design my album in early April expecting an album by July. With constant emails and phone calls no one responded for the entire month of August. Now I began to panic ... Finally in September I get a hold of the front office. (Mind you the only reason I did not drive to their office because it is an hour and 15 minutes away.) The office staff has no information on my album. No record of my email of favorite photos. I speak with the whole staff with a run around of "Personal things have come up during the month of april and we have been behind ever since." B*llsh*t! On your website are multiple other weddings and album being posted daily and weekly since my wedding. Come to find out, they lost the email records of my album design. So they half ass went through my negatives to put together "their own version" of an album for me thinking I wouldn't figure it out! Stupid on their part, they put nothing of my ceremony and our 1st dance in the album! Pretty obvious for me to figure out... don't you think?!?! I am still waiting for them to figure out on how to design an album. I paid good money for photography and with this expiernce I deserve a refund. So if you still do want to use this company .... DO NOT HIRE THE PHOTOGRAPHY/VIDEOGRAPHY STAFF!!!!!! ONLY US THE DJ SERVICE!!

Profile Picture User604332, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Photography, Videography

We chose a package deal (photo-video-DJ). To start the office staff and Richie were wonderful; videographer was everywhere filming and just seemed to blend into the background. The photographer was very flexible allowing family and friends to snap a few photos before composing his shots of the bridal party. The DJ is where I have some concerns the music while what we requested was a tad bit to loud during the dinner making conversations with guest difficult at times. Additionally, after going over the selections for the ceremony & reception music, and pronunciations of various bridal party names two days prior our DJ still managed to get it wrong. We didn't even have anyone in the party named Marvin! All in alll ieveryone had a great time. I would suggest that when using the DJ prior to the start of the ceremony or reception you meet and actually review everything.

Profile Picture Jay, 7/23/11, 5 Reviews