The Event Connection Reviews

43 | Randolph, MA

43 Reviews for The Event Connection

43 The Event Connection Reviews

Victoria · Married on 06/03/2018

My husband and I got married on June 3, 2018. We used The Event Connection for EVERYTHING.. Justice of the Peace, Photography, Videography and Uplighting. We are so grateful that we did. Everything turned out absolutely amazing. Richie, John and Lori made it so easy for us. We can’t recommend them enough!

The Event Connection 1
    The Event Connection 2
    The Event Connection 3

Julie · Married on 04/15/2018

You can’t go wrong working with this amazing group of people! Richie, John and Lori made sure every special moment was captured and that everyone had a great time at both the ceremony and reception!

christine · Married on 10/06/2017

We chose the event connection for our wedding 10/6/17, and we are so happy we did! We originally had a different dj and photographer picked but after seeing them do one of our friends weddings we decided to go with them. The whole team there is amazing! All of the pre wedding stuff was a breeze with them. Richie is the photographer, the pictures came out beautiful, and we got the pictures right after our honeymoon. Richie is very easy to work with, he has a great eye and great ideas, he helped us a lot along the way! He was there on the wedding day at my house at 3pm, along with the videographer Lori, for getting ready photos and didn’t leave the wedding until it was over at 11:30pm. All of the pictures I wanted, Richie did. The justice of the peace and dj, Jon aka the rocking rev, gave us a lot of suggestions for introduction songs, and he kept the dance floor filled up all night! The ceremony went perfectly, and the reception was a big party (which I wanted). I would definitely go with them again if I had to choose, i will be using Richie as a photographer for future events. I would give them 10 stars if I could, they were that great!

Trisha · Married on 10/15/2016

Awesome down to earth people who care about their work!!! Dj was John Wells for our wedding 9/3/2016 and he did amazing- he was fun, and got the party going. Music was exactly what we requested. Our videographer Lori did a great job making sure she captured our best moments on our special day. I wish I did my photography with them as well seeing their work for what I did hire them for was great. Even when booking them John was so caring when we had our first meet to go over what I was looking for in a vendor. He wanted to make sure I was happy and got exactly what I wanted, and assured me of this. HIGHLY recommend them for ALL vendor needs!! You wont be disappointed.

Tanya · Married on 06/18/2016

John was absolutely amazing to deal with! From making sure everything ran on time to the amazing dedication of my bouquet to my mother. These guys are awesome and deliver exactly what you want. My husband and I actually changed our wedding date to make sure John was our DJ! We also got a photo booth through the event connection which was a huge hit at our wedding. We couldn't be happier with the services that were provided-thank you so much for making our day exactly what we wanted.

Rita · Married on 08/15/2015

I could not have been happier with hiring The Event Connection for my wedding. I hired them for four services: Photography, Videography, DJ, and Photobooth. Richie was my photographer and he did an amazing job. We had a huge setback with the limo driver (got lost and drove around for an hour) which made us lose an hour of our photography time with the bridal party. But despite all of that Richie was able to get all of the pictures we wanted in half the time and they came out amazing. We ended up with about 1800 photos, more than enough to choose from for the album, which we just received and it is beautiful. We absolutely love our album and the quality is great. Lori was our videographer and she was fantastic at the wedding. Very nice and light-footed, we hardly knew she was there! We have yet to get our video, but based on their work so far, I am sure it will be awesome. John Wells was our DJ and he was awesome. He played so many great songs for us to dance to and was very attentive to my "Don't" list. Every single guest was up on the dancefloor which was packed until the very end. We had band as well (for ethnic music) and DJ John was very accommodating working in sync with all the band members. The photobooth was a hit with all the guests. We did not go with a typical kiosk booth, but rather a black backdrop that could fit as many people as we wanted with full body photos. They kept the attendee busy all night until it closed just 30 mins before the wedding was over. We got over 200 photos from guests having a good time and fun with wide variety of props. The guests loved it (and their 4x6 photos provided the night of the wedding)and were talking about it weeks after the wedding. Most of the communication was done with Richie and he was easy to get a hold of and very easy to work with. I would highly recommend booking this company for multiple services. Everyone was great to us and made sure the day went as smooth as possible (even with other vendor troubles).

Barbara · Married on 06/20/2015

My husband and I are very pleased with the services we received prior to and on our wedding day by The Event Connection! Their photography, videography & other services provided are top notch. Very professional and talented team!! You will not be disappointed! Thank you Richie, Lori, John and Mario for all your hard work and efforts! It was a pleasure having you with us on our special day : )

Julie · Married on 05/16/2015

We used this vendor for DJ & JP services. We actually saw John deliver his services at a friends wedding 2 years ago. Since that wedding... we knew John was the DJ we were hiring, when we finally decided to get married. It was the best decisions we made during our wedding planning! John knew exactly how to work the room. He was charismatic, personable & knew how to get the crowd rocking. He played great music for all ages! He took our song requests & used his knowledge/experience to create a super fun environment. He literally had every wedding guest in the room dancing. If you want a DJ who is going to deliver, I highly recommend you hire John "the rocking rev"! You will NOT be disappointed!

Nicole · Married on 09/13/2014

Event Connections did an amazing job and made it easy for us. John was our DJ and he promised us he could get everyone on that dance floor and he did. Even my husbands grandmothers were dancing. No one left early and it was a great night. He went from being our justice of the peace to our dj and everyone was amazed he played 2 roles and did an amazing job. Richy was our photographer and all the pictures came out great. He had great ideas for a variety of poses from getting ready to the ceremony and reception. He took so many shots and we had over 2300 pictures. He captured every moment. He also did a great job taking pictures and being in charge of the photo booth. I am amazed how well the pictures came out and the amount of pictures considering he played a big part in two roles. Laurie was our videographer and her and Richy worked well together. She also did a great job with creating a variety of poses and making sure she captured every minute of our special day. I cannot wait to see our video. The assistance also did a great job and made our night amazing. I received many compliments on how well they did and he helped make our wedding a success.

Nicole and Jason Shea

The Event Connection made my wedding a night that not only My husband and I won't forget, but it has been three weeks now and my guests are still telling me how great our wedding was. We owe it all to Richie, John, and Lori. I could not have asked for a better team to work with. Richie took the best wedding pictures I have ever seen. He was able to catch everything with his camera without having it feeling the least bit awkward, same goes for our engagement photos. John is such a talented DJ words cannot describe how good he is. He listened to our every request and had everyone on the dance floor (even my 80 year old grandmother). Last but not least there is Lori. Lori was there for me on the wedding day from start to finish. She not only took video footage of our entire wedding, but she was there for me emotionally, by calming me down once I found out that I forgot my marriage license (crisis is now averted and we are officially married). This team made me feel like they were part of my family and I would recommend them to anyone and everyone! Thank you Event Connection!

Steven · Married on 06/14/2014

This review is a bit overdue, but I will like to adamantly assert that "The Event Connection" is by far, one of the most professional, knowledgeable, and kind staff I have dealt with. This is not only applicable to weddings, but from the moment we made contact with them, they have been very friendly, personable, and just "down to earth."

They were not what most people probably think (myself included), that they are there to get as much money as possible. This was not the case with Richie, John, Laurie, or Brian. They were all so accommodating during our picture session, and all the random moments before and after.

John- is by far a very professional officiant, as well as a great DJ. He made everyone feel like they were all part of the family and had known each other for years by playing those songs that were all relative to the age group of our guests.

Richie- from the get-go, made you feel like he was a long time friend you hadn't seen in years, by immediately deflecting the business aspect of things and ensuring you would receive the utmost of quality when it came to pictures. He did an amazing job with our engagement pictures as well.

Laurie & Brian- cannot thank them enough for their hands-on assistance to both of us during what was a pleasant, but somewhat warm afternoon. Our venue helped provide them with ideas that none of us had imagined in the year prior to our actual date.

I WILL use The Event Connection from this point forward for all family, friends, and others that need professional photography. I highly recommend them, and this will hopefully catapult them into lead of receiving many more sought after photography awards.

Thank you guys again!! I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves, and we will certainly be in touch very soon for family photos.

Jennifer · Married on 06/06/2014

Our experience with the team from The Event Connection was nothing short of amazing!

My husband and I got married on June 6th, 2014 at the Coonamessett Inn in Falmouth, MA. While planning our wedding and looking for vendors, we heard some positive feedback about people who used the Event Connection for weddings . After meeting with Richie, we knew that was who we wanted to go with. We booked a package with Photography, Videography, Justice of the Peace, Up-lighting and DJ services for our wedding and we I feel it was very beneficial to have the same company cover all the bases. I can not express enough at how great and professional the team was.

Richie- such an amazing photographer, obviously a true professional. the photos and video are so spectacular, it's amazing to see them it almost doesn't feel real! He took every opportunity to find wonderful shots and fun candid shots, without making it feel like it was his job. He helped us so much and made things work out so nicely.

John- He performed the ceremony as our Justice of the Peace- So lovely. He was wonderful at helping us find a ceremony style that was very much our own. It was so beautiful and I am honored that he was the person who married us! He also was our D.J. and they don't call him the "rockin reverend" for nothing! The reception was just such a fun time. I can't say enough great things about the music choices, song choices and honestly, people danced the entire time!

Lori- She did such a fantastic job with the video and also made me feel very comfortable. Such a great person to be around, very down to earth and obviously, great at her craft!

The up-lighting was spectacular, so pretty to see. The Coonamessett Inn is so gorgeous anyway so you can imagine how great it looked!! The team was just so great and I would definitely suggest booking your services with Richie, John and the team at The Event Connection. They really made a special day, even more amazing!

Katherine · Married on 05/03/2014

We used John Wells as our MC & DJ and he is AWESOME! He kept everyone up dancing and really knew how to play the crowd. We had a great time and I firmly believe he was a huge part of that!
    We also used the Event Connection for uplightling, which looked beautiful in our ballroom. I would also reccomend bundling these features through the Event Connection.

Alyssa · Married on 03/16/2013

We used Officiant, Reverend John Wells. He was very professional and helpful all along the way. He really got to know us and spent quality time putting our ceremony together. Highly, highly recommended. WE LOVED HIM!

kristin · Married on 11/17/2012

This company was fabulous!! they did my uplights, DJ, and video for my wedding in November and they were very professional and all around great with everything. my DJ John Wells was amazing and made my wedding a hug party and i loved every second of his MCing. you should definitiely book him! the uplights were amazing and added a whole other aspect to my entire reception i loved them. they were defintiely worth the extra money. and Laurie our videographer i never saw her until she said goodbye (which is a good thing because i didnt want a camera in my face all night)! all my products came out great and i cant say enough good things about this company. "Uncle Ritchie" as he prefers to be called hooked me up with a bunch of things that would have cost more and he was always very professional and on the ball. no doubt about it if you are looking for it all go with The Event Connection!!

Stephanie · Married on 06/23/2012

One word...AMAZING!!! My husband and I were married in June 2012. We used the event connection for everything. From the moment we met Richie and John, we knew we had made the right decision. Right from the start they were excited and enthusiastic about making sure our wedding was something people would be talking about for years. They told us people would say our wedding was the best wedding that they've ever been too. And they were right!! Richie gave us the most beautiful pictures we could have ever asked for. They are gorgeous!! John made our ceremony beautiful and perfect for us. It was a ceremony that was designed for only us and we loved it. John was also the rocking rev and kept the party going all night. Our dance floor was never empty. If you want a memorable wedding, and people to say it was the best wedding they've ever been too then go with the event connection. Worth every penny.

Heather · Married on 11/12/2011

The best experience with Uncle Richie and John Wells. Their professionalism made everything run so smoothly. The photos at our house, the church and reception were amazing! John Wells is a FANTASTIC DJ and we had many compliments on how great he ran the reception. Also had a friend book their services for their upcoming wedding in June 2013. The video was awesome also! The office staff was fantastic too - so excited for us and with my sisiter getting married just 6 months ago (using the event connection also) we were treated like family! Would definately recommend them to all future brides!!

• katepick1986

Katherine · Married on 05/22/2011

From the moment I met The Event Connection at a bridal show, I knew that I wanted to use them for our wedding! They were the nicest people that you could ever meet. They love their job and it shows in their personalities and professionalism. We booked them two years before our wedding and they helped us with every details that goes along with photography, videography, MC, and justice of the peace services. We also used their uplighting services and they made the ballroom look amazing! Richie, John and laurie were there for us all day! John was the photographer. His work was like looking at art! His creativity in his shots was amazing. He surpassed all expectations that I had! Laurie was the videographer and she was so fantastic. She was with us all night and captured every moment! She was never intrusive and never in the way. You hardly noticed she was there but she got everything on tape! John was our JP as well as our DJ and he was phenominal!! He allowed us to create our own vows and incorporate what we wanted into the ceremony! He knew exactly what he was doing the whole time. We also used him to MC our wedding! Everyone loved him and people that we never would have thought would dance, danced!! It was a true party all night! The Event Connection is the most amazing, wonderful, kind, caring, sincere, and professional group opf people that you will ever meet. They truly are a team and work together fantastically! We recommend them to everyone! Other people who have reviewed them in a bad light must have used their services when the old owner was there. They are sooo wonderful and make your day stress free and flow smoothly!!! I wish I could get married again and use them again!! I LOVE them!!!

Lisa · Married on 04/30/2011

Uncle Richie and John Wells were the absolute BEST! We had so many compliments the way John "made" the reception and the wedding albums are gorgeous! Our video is fantastic also!

• Nicole

Nicole · Married on 04/09/2011

The Event Connection is absolutely amazing and were so professional and fun to work with. John was both our officiant and DJ and I loved working with him. Everyone at our wedding was so impressed with everything he did. Our ceremony was amazing and totally customized for us. During our reception, he listened to exactly what we wanted and played the perfect mix of music for us and our guests. He had everyone dancing all night long!! I have never been to a wedding with better music and more people dancing. It was amazing! Could not have asked for a better DJ.

• Jasmin

Jasmin · Married on 08/27/2010

I can't say enough about how well Event Connection did at my Wedding. I met with "uncle" Richie to discuss our wedding with him. He had some really great ideas and I loved his passion. He loves what he does and he does an amazing job. John was our DJ and he was soooo charismatic and FUN. He had a fun game to give away the centerpieces that got everyone involved. One of my friends husband didn't even dance at her wedding and because of this game he danced down the soul train! It was hysterical. When my husband and I got announced he played this great song and got everyone on the dance floor INCLUDING my GRANDMOTHER!!! She is almost 90 years old and never dances! It was awesome. Event connection has a lot of passion and they are very good at what they do. They have many awards to prove it and honestly everyone at my wedding can attest to the job that they did. I read a review somewhere that the guest at their wedding didn't get into that game and all I have to say is that maybe the guest were lame. Everyone I talk to about the wedding says it was the best wedding they have ever been to and I can honestly say it was because the John and Richie put on a great party! They are very nice and will do anything to help. I loved the music they played, the energy and creativity! I can't wait to see the video and will review them on that too once i get it! I would DEFINITELY recommend Event Connection. My friends are already planning on booking with him for their weddings!

Sandra · Married on 08/21/2010

I can't say enough about how wonderful Richie,John and the rest of the Event Connection team made our wedding day!! This company has such a great focus on making you feel comfortable and special from the first time you meet with them up until your wedding day. They LISTENED to what we wanted and suggested different ideas we might like to incorporate into our wedding day. My pictures came back very fast and they were AWESOME!! There was a good balance of your traditional wedding photos and a lot of candid photos too (which I loved!!). I have never seen a team work so hard throughout an entire wedding. I had a lot of friends and family come up to us and say how wonderful Richie and photo/video team was.
    Now the icing on the cake was how PHENOMENAL the DJ was. John had EVERYONE on the dance floor!!!! He has a great personality and really knows how to get the crowd going. He played the songs we asked him to play. He also balanced the dance music and slow music. I told him we wanted about 85-90% dance music to keep the party going. Guess what? He delivered. I can't think of one time during the wedding that the dance floor wasn't packed!!!
    Overall the Event Connection made our wedding day one of the most AMAZING days of our lives!! Thank you so much Richie, John and your team!!

Reid · Married on 08/08/2008

Highly recommend Event Connection for any event you need with videography or a DJ. The DJ (John) was great and kept the party going and was a great DJ overall. Richie is excellent at adapting to situations and capturing great videography. We were slightly disappointed with the photographer who appeared to be new with the company. Overall though a very positive experience.

Cecelia · Married on 05/31/2008

Incredible doesn't begin to explain the total package I received from The Event Connection. From the time we began planning to the end of the night, we felt as if "Uncle" Richie, John, Brian, and crew were family, there to have a good time and make everything perfect. I have had nothing but rave... RAVE reviews about the DJ, John, at our wedding, and six weeks later I am still getting calls complimenting his work. He was fabulous, he made us laugh, he made us cry, there wasn't a guest at my wedding who wasn't touched. Richie, our videographer, made the entire process a walk in the park. He helped us plan everything, and he even met with me alone for our last planning meeting and threw in some surprizes and fun tricks that blew everyone away. He was our hero after the cake feeding, too, armed with a Shout wipe and napkins to clean the frosting off my groom's jacket. He talked my whole wedding party through the day, comforting us all and keeping us laughing. He even got my bridesmaids and mom to sing me "Going to the Chapel" as I got out of the limo! Brian, our photographer, was equally impressive. He kept me smiling through the tears of joy, and cracking jokes to get my nervous man through the day. He covered it all, got some incredible shots, and ate it up when my little ring bearer was kissing my flower girls!!!!

Overall, I wouldn't recommend anyone else. I promise, once you meet with The Event Connection, you'll feel so at home you won't want to try anywhere else!

Crystal · Married on 05/03/2008

We had the best DJ! His name is John Wells. There were tons of people on the dance floor all night long. Any time he'd notice people walking away, he'd throw another slow song on to get them back on the floor. So many people have asked me about his services. We loved John so much, he also ended up being our JP.