The BIG Event, Wedding & Party Planning Reviews

26 | Saint Augustine, FL

26 Reviews for The BIG Event, Wedding & Party Planning

Kristen · Married on 10/10/2015

Hiring Sarah Grace as my wedding coordinator was hands-down the BEST decision I made. She is such a gem! Sarah is funny, personable, patient- I felt like we had been life long friends before the wedding. Sarah definitely knows her stuff; she is extremely detail oriented, thorough, and simply thinks of everything! We had some strong personalities at our rehearsal and wedding day, but she reeled everyone in and had them in line. I didn’t have to worry about a thing! I’m not quite sure what I would have done without her- finding her was a blessing! I promise that you will LOVE her.

Sent on 01/03/2016

Caroline · Married on 01/03/2015

Sarah Grace is amazing!! She's fun, has a great & friendly attitude, and most of all is AMAZING at what she does!!!! She has great contacts in the St Augustine area and works closely with the vendors to make your BIG day perfect! Leading up to the wedding I came to her with questions regarding almost every little detail and she was happy to look over my ideas and give me tips or her stamp of approval! Leading up to the day-of she checked in constantly to make sure I was doing okay and didn't need anything. Our cake vendor fell through at the last minute and she was able to find a new cake vendor in a day (and it was for a gluten free cake which is hard to find, especially on short notice). The day of she made INCREDIBLE. She made everyone - my family, my husband's family, the groomsmen and bridesmaids feel comfortable and eased their nerves. She took charge and made the entire wedding seamless and perfect!! The day-of she was so attune to how I was feeling and at one point even cleared the room of all bridesmaids because she said she could tell I was getting overwhelmed and needed time alone. She was so right!! She was always looking out for my husband and I's well-being, and made sure we were 100% happy at all times. Her and her assistant did it all - served my husband and I food and made sure our drinks were full & anything else we needed was taken care of all night, brought in apps and drinks to the bridesmaids and groomsmen after pictures and before our entrance, and Sarah even went in the bathroom with me and helped me pee since I couldn't get out of my dress alone - She rocks!! The wedding timeline was flawless too - the way she set it up was so organized; everyone was watching the first dance, everyone was paying attn to the cake cutting, everyone was paying attn to the toasts, and then there was a clean break where the dancing began. It was awesome. Bottom line - My husband and I LOVED her & everyone LOVED the wedding - we miss her already!!

Sent on 01/08/2015

Lyndsey · Married on 12/13/2014

Sarah Grace is absolutely INCREDIBLE! My mother, MOH, and I met with Sarah when we initially started wedding planning and I instantly knew I wanted her to help me plan the wedding of my dreams. Sarah was by my side every step of the way and I couldn't imagine it being any other way. She provided us with her honest opinion of vendors, went to vendor appointments with us, and most importantly listened to what our vision was and made it happen. She was always available whether it be my email, text, or phone and that meant more to me than you can imagine, considering I was planning my wedding from out of town. She made our entire year of wedding planning fun and stress free!

Our entire wedding weekend was perfect and so relaxed. Sarah is extremely organized so the rehearsal and entire wedding day was flawless. She truly goes above and beyond to make your BIG day the happiest and most perfect day of you life. We were able to enjoy every moment with our family and friends. She could immediately tell at our rehearsal I was a little stressed because I misplaced my printed wedding vows for the officiant, so that evening she printed them out for me and was texting me to check and see how I was doing and if there was anything she could do for me. That meant more to me than she will ever know.

The BIG Event was the best decision we made when planning our wedding and I can not say THANK YOU enough to Sarah Grace for all she did big and small to help me plan to absolute wedding of my dreams. It truly was a fairytale filled with silver sequins and sparkles.

xoxo,
    Lyndsey Jones

Sent on 01/14/2015

Danielle · Married on 12/06/2014

guardian angel! That is the best way I can describe Sarah grace and her team. We had the most amazing day of our lives. Sarah handled all the behind the scenes work, and made the event seem seamless. She was able to handle all situations that came her way , and we were none the wiser. I believe that's the best sign of an excellent wedding planner. We can only say amazing things about big event planning. Highly recommend!

Day of coordinator

Sent on 12/29/2014
  • User4582079 · 2+ years ago

If it was possible to give Sarah and her team more than 5 stars, I absolutely would! I can not say enough great things about The BIG Event. Hiring Sarah was without a doubt the best decision I made for our wedding day.

Sarah and her team went above and beyond to make sure my husband and I were having the best day ever. Everything from setting up our decor, communicating with our vendors, giving me a great pep talk when the weather wasn't looking so good for our outdoor ceremony to helping create the perfect wedding exit, they did it all flawlessly!

The BIG Event is the absolute best at what they do. Sarah made sure my husband and I did not have to worry about one thing on our wedding day. To be completely stress-free and able to enjoy every moment of with your husband, family and friends is priceless. Thank you so much for helping make our wedding the best day ever!

Wishing The BIG Event a lifetime of success,
    Katelyn and Tyler

Sent on 12/02/2014

Melissa · Married on 09/05/2014

My husband and I got married a few weeks ago and we hired Sarah Grace and her team to be my wedding planner about 4 months before our Big Day to help me with the finishing touches and all I can say is WOW! Sarah Grace went above and beyond for us and she truly cared about making us happy. She listens to what YOU want and makes it happen. I had a hard time explaining exactly what I wanted at times and Sarah would figure it out and help me describe what I wanted to the people who were doing my invitations, or at the place I was getting married. Sarah will fix ANY issue you're running into and stressing about and she'll help any way possible. Examples: helping me with my seating chart and I was stressing on where I'm seating people without offending them, to not having a makeup artist 4 days before the wedding and Sarah Grace making ONE phone call and hiring someone to do my makeup for me with how i wanted, to chalkboard sayings, to ushers. Sarah fixed them ALL! Sarah Grace wasn't just amazing helping me plan my wedding, she was phenomenal AT my wedding. She made sure everything was getting done correctly but her number one top priority was making sure my husband and I were happy and didn't need anything! Sarah was in many places at one time and NEVER seemed stressed. She helped deal with a family member who had too much to drink and made sure it wasn't ruining our wedding, to helping me fix my dress ALL NIGHT LONG because it kept falling down and people were stepping on it on the dance floor.

If I could help ANY bride out there who needs a planner, please contact Sarah Grace and the Big Event! You will not regret it. She will customize a package just for you and what you need.

Sarah Grace, I can not thank you enough for everything you've done to make my Big Day amazing! Steven and I loved you and couldn't have been happier with deciding to hire you!

Steven and Melissa Bonecutter

Sent on 09/18/2014

Miranda · Married on 05/03/2014

If I could give Sarah Grace of The BIG Event more stars, I would. We had such a wonderful wedding last weekend and a lot of it is due to her being so fabulous and completely on top of everything. I know what I like, and usually get it done myself to ensure it goes the way I want - a bit of a control issue at times haha. To avoid added stress, we hired Sarah as our day-of coordinator. It was honestly one of the BEST choices we made in planning our wedding. Not for a second did I worry about anything on our wedding day. She kept us completely at ease and we knew we were in good hands. She was always in control of every situation - and this was especially helpful due the rain we had that day! She always had a plan and an answer, and always put us first. To top it off, Sarah feels more like a friend than a vendor! She is the greatest person to work with and knows her stuff!! We love her!! We could not have had such a seamless event without her. Sarah Grace is truly a bride's best friend!! :)

Sent on 05/09/2014

Shannon · Married on 03/15/2014

Sarah Grace and her team are FANTASTIC!!! I hired her for day of coordinator, which is really month of. She confirmed all my vendors and even found me the best hair and makeup people when mine canceled a week before the wedding. I was able to completely enjoy my entire wedding weekend because she took care of everything. Hiring Sarah was the best decision I made throughout the entire wedding process. Not only is she excellent at her job, but she is the type of person that you enjoy being around. She far exceeded my expectations and I would highly recommend The Big Event!!!

Sent on 04/02/2014
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 12/14/2013

I can not say enough how much I LOVED Sarah Grace and her team at The Big Event! She was on the ball, enthusiastic, accomodating, and even despite a hospitalization: she still made it to my rehearsal and my Wedding!!!!! Highly highly HIGHLY recommend. I even loved how she showed up to meetings wearing outfits that were my Wedding colors! Anyway, you can NOT GO WRONG with Sarah and The Big Event ... she helped make our wedding FABULOUS!

Sent on 12/18/2013

Casey · Married on 11/30/2013

Sarah Grace and team were an essential part in making sure that I got to enjoy my wedding without thinking about details and execution. She placed all my decor as requested and helped manage my vendors beautifully. While we made most of our own vendor choices on our own, she had the inside scoop on most of them and gave us feedback from her previous experiences with each one. When the eye-hook on my dress broke pre-ceremony, she came through with the emergency kit that I didn't think I would need and saved the day :) My vendors enjoyed working with her, also. She has that nice balance of maintaining a peaceful environment when/if things get stressful. I very much enjoyed being able to enjoy getting ready with my bridesmaids on the day of the wedding instead of worrying about vendors or decorations. It is obvious that Sarah really does care about her brides and that she enjoys seeing it all come together. It seems like quite a task to make sure a bride's vision comes together on the day of the wedding, especially when she has a different wedding each weekend. Sarah went above and beyond to make sure it was perfect...no easy task when perfect means something different to each client :) She did a fabulous job being in charge of clean up which is just so anti-climatic for any family or bridal party to want to tackle. At the end of the day, you feel like you have made a new friend in Sarah Grace. I highly recommend her. In her industry I can very much imagine you "get what you pay for" so go ahead and budget her in to your event. You will be so glad you did :)

Sent on 12/28/2013

If you are having a wedding in St. Augustine, Sarah Grace of The BIG Event should be one of the first vendors you hire for your event. She has a wealth of knowledge on everything wedding related and can help direct you to the best vendors. She was our most responsive vendor, she always exudes professionalism and she goes above and beyond to make sure your day runs as smoothly as possible.
    Hiring Sarah to be our Day-Of Wedding Coordinator was one of the BEST decisions we made for our wedding. It is an invaluable service that she provides as she is there to look after all of the details and stresses, and remove that burden from the bride and groom. We would give Sarah a 10 star rating if we could, she did an amazing job and we can't thank her enough.

Sent on 11/25/2013

Madison · Married on 08/16/2013

Sarah Grace is an absolute lifesaver. She helped me plan our beautiful wedding at The White Room in just three short months while I was states away in PA. She was absolutely my advocate the whole time, responded to emails, texts, and phone calls, got me the absolute BEST vendors and made planning and our day go smoothly. She is the sweetest, most kind-hearted person and I am so glad we had her as our planner.. I don't know what we would have done without her!!

Sent on 08/31/2013

Madison · Married on 07/20/2013

Sarah is amazing she helped out with every detail and let me sit back and enjoy my day with out any hassle. I'm sure secretly she was going crazy but she will never tell. Sarah is very easy going and we just immediately click. I couldnt ask for any one better. Thanks Sarah your the best

Sent on 08/22/2013

Lauren · Married on 06/15/2013

Sarah Grace is wonderful to work with!! She made every aspect of our wedding day run smoothly. From the moment we met Sarah we knew she would great, but the day of our wedding she really went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect for us. I could not be more thankful to her for attention to detail. She truly helped bring the vision for of our day to life.

Sent on 07/04/2013

Stephanie · Married on 04/26/2013

My Husband and I got married at the Casa Monica in St. Augustine Fl on April 26th 2013. Sarah was the most perfect person for us! She is the best planner/coordinator in the business. She was easy to communicate with and she makes sure your wedding is how you want it. (Thank you for not making me read ;)!!!). Any worries you have she can handle anything! Sarah and her team is the best of the best!! I would recommend her to anyone! Thank you again Sarah for EVERYTHING you did for us on our day! <3 Stephanie & Joshua Pate

Sent on 05/04/2013

Marissa · Married on 04/13/2013

We hired Sarah from The Big Event after a recommendation from the hotel we were getting married, The Casa Monica. We were only going to hire her for the ceremony but after meeting Sarah and after reading countless recommendations to hire a coordinator, we decided to hire her to help us with the entire day of our wedding. Sarah is very on point and has extensive experience in her field. She went above and beyond to help us with anything we needed the day of our wedding. Even when we were extremely hungry after not being able to eat at the cocktail hour, Sarah made sure the servers brought us fresh appetizers just in time for us to eat and make our grand entrance into the reception. She was not just on top of the day’s events but also helped settle differences between guests and any family conflicts! I cannot express how extremely grateful I am that she was there for our special day. I don’t think the day’s events would’ve been the same without her.

Sent on 06/04/2013

Mallory · Married on 05/05/2012

Where do I begin??? Sarah is the best wedding planner I could have ever asked for, it was like planning my wedding with my best friend! She listens to your ideas and makes them a reality...only better! I felt completely confident on my Wedding Day that she was taking care of everything and I was able to relax and have a good time. I would recommend her to anyone!!!

Sent on 05/31/2012
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 04/28/2012

We highly recommend Sarah Grace to plan any event. She is a necessity for any wedding! During the entire process she was extremely reliable. She responded quickly to emails or concerns which was every important to us. She is an expert at what she does. We had a budget and she was able to stretch our money. Sarah listened to our vision of what we wanted our wedding to be and helped to make our day more than we could have ever expected. Wedding planning is not an easy task especially if you do not have an expert to help. Based on our vision and our budget she was able to get vendors that could do what we wanted but also remained within our budget. She was our advocate. Throughout the process we mainly communicated with Sarah only. We did not need to worry about contacting the many vendors which was extremely helpful. Organization is pertinent to planning a wedding. Sarah helped us to remain organized, stay on track, and reduced my stress. She made our wedding day effortless. On the wedding day I worried about nothing because Sarah took care of everything. I truly was able to remain stress free and enjoy the BEST day of my life. Because of Sarah our wedding was perfect and better than we ever expected! We cannot thank her enough!

Sent on 06/14/2012

Ruth · Married on 03/03/2012

Sarah is the best! We not only had the BIG Event that we wanted we also gained a friend. It was meant for us to find Sarah to make our wedding day a success. I have had friends tell me they regretted not having a planner and I always felt peace of mind and stress free knowing that Sarah could and would handle anything. Since our wedding was a destination wedding, Sarah was absolutely essential. She knew everyone in town and all the vendors we should use.

Sarah keep on doing the amazing work that you do! You know you made this bride and groom eternally grateful and happy. See at The Tasting Room!

~Ruth and Robert

Sent on 04/05/2012

Amy · Married on 12/30/2011

Sarah Grace from the BIG event made everything so easy! She was with us the whole day, but helped me in the months prior to the wedding to make sure all the details were in order and offered suggestions and ideas, too. She had some good local vendor suggestions, from horse-drawn carriage rides to local printers that made my life so easy! I truly enjoyed every second of my wedding day with NO stress because Sarah and I made a plan beforehand and she worked with the hotel, DJ, florist and photographer to make sure everything fell into place, including decor. I would definitely recommend Sarah Grace.

Sent on 01/08/2012

Katie · Married on 11/04/2011

Sarah Grace of the Big Event was a miracle worker! She not only made every aspect of my dream wedding come true, but she also took away every worry and stress I could have had. I had every confidence in her and I had no worries about the ceremony or reception. I am very detailed and I had specific decoration and floor plans and she completed them all without question. She was very professional and everyone in my bridal party loved her. In addition, she met my mother's "OCD" standards which are hard to meet! She was a pleasure to work with and I would gladly recommend her to future brides!

Sent on 12/28/2011
  • Caroline

Caroline · Married on 09/10/2011

Sarah Grace at The Big Event was wonderful! Every bride needs a wedding planner for the day of, without a doubt! I know that I couldn't have pulled it off without the expertise of Sarah Grace. Her name is absolutely perfect for her, because she handles herself with so much grace and professionalism. Sarah works very hard at making every detail perfect. I would recommend her to any bride. Thank you Sarah!

Sent on 09/17/2011
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 05/29/2011

I was a DIY bride and decided to take on a lot on my own. I didn't really think I needed a planner, but all the blogs said it was a must. I hired Sarah as my day of coordinator and I have to say ... she is one of the most organized, professional, and genuine vendors I had the chance to work with. There were a couple of things that went wrong day of and I had NO IDEA because she took care of everything without hesitation. If not for her, I know I would have been a stressed basket-case on my wedding day. I can not say enough great things about Sarah. She won BEST OF 2011 for a BIG reason - she is wonderful at what she does!

Sent on 05/30/2011

jaime · Married on 05/21/2011

Here is the letter I sent to Sarah after my wedding--I think it says it all:

Dear Sarah,
    You laugh every time I tell you this but I cannot stress enough how sincere I am being: you were, hands-down, the best thing we bought for our wedding...I would have traded out my wedding dress for you in a heartbeat. You not only brought calm and order to a very stressful and overwhelming planning process, but you also made it so much fun. You knew who we were and what we wanted and the ideas you helped us bring to life made our wedding feel uniquely ours. Throughout the process, we also appreciated your honesty and expertise with what ideas might not be worth pursuing and where spending extra dollars would be worthwhile for us and our guests. We absolutely loved our wedding day and know that we were able to enjoy it so completely because you were there, behind the scenes, taking care of every detail, relative and vendor. We cannot thank you enough! I may have to make up a party just for the fun of working with you again!

-jaime

Sent on 08/09/2011

Ashley · Married on 08/14/2010

Sarah Grace is an amazing wedding planner! She kept things rolling behind the scenes very gracefully.

Sent on 08/31/2010