St. Augustine Weddings & Special Events

135 Jenkins Street Suite 105B-318, Saint Augustine, FL 32086 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About St. Augustine Weddings & Special Events

St. Augustine Wedding and Special Events focuses their wedding planning efforts in the St. Augustine and Palm Coast area. This wedding planner strives to offer exclusive services to couples desiring a destination wedding in these areas. St. Augustine Weddings started their wedding planning journey in 1998 and continues to grow and learn more each year. They have perfected their services, and they realize that they serve couples best when they only schedule a maximum of 20 events per year. This allows them to give each couple the attention they need to create a picture-perfect wedding day.

St. Augustine Wedding and Special Events provides a few different packages, from day-of to full coverage, depending on your needs as a couple. Services included in some of these packages include:

• Monthly calendar creation
  • Vendor contacts and relationships
  • Design creation or assistance
  • Etiquette assistance
  • Budget creating and maintaining
  • Contact vendors and keep in touch
  • Direct wedding rehearsal
  • Manage onside vendors on day-of
  • Emergency wedding kit
jryanceremony9

68 Reviews for St. Augustine Weddings & Special Events

• Caitlyn

Caitlyn · Married on 02/15/2020

Made our wedding an absolute dream!!

I would 1000% recommend Karen and her team at St. Augustine Weddings to any bride in the North Florida area! If you are questioning whether getting a wedding planner is worth it, I can GUARANTEE you that it is - and if you are trying to find someone who will deliver and outperform on the value of their services, you need Karen Erwin. She made our wedding planning easier than I had ever imagined, especially when I was a bride planning from out of state and busy with a professional life and in law school.
    TLDR: our vendors loved her and worked very well with her (which I realized is critically important), she helped anticipate and preempt any issues we might anticipate, she ensured that my husband & I's wishes, vision and priorities for the day all were met and executed even better than we hoped, the month before the wedding was the least stressful month of wedding planning and let me enjoy the excitement and build-up of the big day.

Karen and her team made our wedding planning and day-of wedding better than we could have imagined! I was a bride who was getting married in Florida (my homes state) while living in NYC, and at first I was stressed about the logistical concerns involved with planning a wedding from afar but did not have any doubts with Karen leading our team. I selected her because she came very highly recommended by our venue, which to me is the most important indicator of how good a planner is (in our heads, Instagram shots are great and they show the visuals that your florist/decorator/venue provides but they have a hard time capturing if food service was timely, the band set-up was perfect, and if guests were able to get easily drinks from the bar). This decision was consistently reaffirmed when we told our other vendors who our planner was and they all gushed about how great she was to work with and reiterated what great hands we were in.

We utilized Karen on a semi-regular basis leading up the wedding and then used her full assistance the month before. In the months before, she was beyond helpful in making sure that my mother, mother-in-law, and I were on track with planning, that we didn't overlook any details, and gave advice on how to make the event seamless and stress-free. She always had suggestions when we asked for advice regarding how to approach vendors, what options/packages/scheduling would be best to deal with concerns such as guest flow, visuals and aesthetics, and making sure our guests were well taken care of; but what was special to me was that she always hedged her advice with "this is your wedding, it should meet your vision" and always encouraged me to be as frank and forthright as I could be when something wasn't exactly like I had envisioned it - even if it was not one of her original suggestions. She understood our priorities for the day (taking care of our guests, making sure everyone had fun, and making sure the wedding represented my husband and I). Like I said, I'm in law school now, and the month before the wedding (when everyone said things would be the most chaotic) we had weekly calls with Karen where she updated me on all of the conversations she had with our venue, vendors, band, church and our parents and would tell me how she had been able to finalize all the details I had been concerned I'd have to manage alone in the weeks leading up to the big day - it was such a huge help. I didn't have to think through concerns with day-of timing, confirming details with vendors, the stress of communicating our seating charts, or figuring out what to tell bridesmaids/groomsmen to help them prepare.

I'm sure he will be on this site as well writing his own review, but I also loved that Karen always made sure that my husband was included in the process and that they were able to develop a relationship themselves. We had seen that for some of our friends, wedding vendors are quick to prioritize the bride and make sure it was special for her but put less focus on the groom- but to me and my husband, we wanted the day to reflect both of us - which included him, his personality, and his hopes as well (which was most importantly great food, great music, and happy guests) and Karen and her team consistently looked out for his interests as well. It made sense to us to start the marriage from Day 1 at the wedding as a team and to have your marriage reflect you as a couple, not just a bride, and it was so special to us to have a team of vendors led by Karen that helped make this a priority for us.

Karen also was so willing and easy to work with not only me and my husband, but my mother and now mother-in-law. She knew how much I valued their help and was more than willing to work with them directly when needed on details that I was happy to turn over, and always confirmed with me that their conversations matched what I wanted.

Overall - I had such a great experience with Karen and her whole team. They made me feel so special as the bride, and our confidence in Karen and her work allowed my family and I to focus only on getting married and celebrating on the big day.

Sent on 04/15/2020

Beth · Married on 10/26/2019

Simply Amazing

We hired Karen Erwin of St. Augustine Weddings to be my daughter's wedding planner at Hammock Dunes. Karen's professionalism, attention to detail and wonderful suggestions along the way really helped us get organized those last 30-60 days and provided some special touches that elevated our event including recommending adorable hankies and small parasols for the bride and groom to carry for a traditional New Orleans styled second line procession. The day of our wedding, would have been flawless, except for the fact that the wedding band we hired was stranded in the New Orleans airport without power due to a tropical storm. Although they eventually drove to our wedding, we knew they would not arrive in time for the ceremony and cocktail hour. Karen was able to secure a wonderful DJ who was able to step in on short notice (during one of the busiest wedding months) to assist us up until the band arrived. I don't know what I would have done without her the day of the wedding! Karen's smiles, hugs, can-do attitude, competence and professionalism lifted my spirits throughout the day and even enabled me to enjoy myself for several hours prior to arriving at the venue! Everyone so thoroughly enjoyed themselves; they were oblivious to the glitches that we encountered behind the scenes with the band. My daughter didn't even know until she was about to walk down the aisle! Karen's assistants also worked tirelessly behind the scenes to help pull this off so seamlessly. Karen's knowledge of the industry and relationships with the many vendors involved was also a huge asset she brings to the table. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her! She was simply amazing in every way!

Sent on 11/14/2019

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

St. Augustine Weddings & Special Events FAQ

• Do you offer an hourly rate?
  • What is the hourly rate?
    $ 75
  • What wedding events do you provide services for?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What wedding planning services do you offer?
    Budget Analysis
    Day-of Coordination
    Event Design
    Full Planning
    Partial Planning
    Timelines
    To-Do Lists
    Vendor Referrals
  • What weddings do you have experience planning?
    Civil
    Religious

• 135 Jenkins Street Suite 105B-318 Saint Augustine, Florida, 32086 See on map
    904-495-7249 (Phone number)
    Tuesday - Friday 10am- 4pm Saturday appointments available
    Location of (St. Augustine Weddings & Special Events)