175 Blue Sky Dr, Saint Johns, FL 32259 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 31

About Sun and Sea Beach Weddings

Sun and Sea Weddings is a personalized wedding planner based in St. Augustine, Florida and services Northeast Florida and Southern Georgia. When you use Sun and Sea Weddings, you can be assured the same stress-free feeling as sitting on a beach. The team of Sun and Sea Weddings offers designers, florists, artists and anything else you need to make sure that all details on your wedding day are taken care of. Sun and Sea Weddings has serviced over 2,000 weddings, receptions and vow renewals since they opened in 2006. No matter what your wedding day holds and the planning process before it, you can always rely on Sun and Sea Weddings for easy communication, broad knowledge of weddings and hard work that shows.

Sun and Sea Weddings is an all-inclusive wedding planning service that provides many packages to ensure a complete, relaxed wedding day. A few of their services include:

• Budget Analysis

Sun and Sea Beach Weddings 5
Sun and Sea Beach Weddings 6
Sun and Sea Beach Weddings 7

Kelly · Getting married on 03/30/2019

Our experience with sun and sea was fantastic. Vania was our coordinator and she was very responsive and executed everything I asked for perfectly. She even helped entertain our little one while we got photos taken. I highly recommend this company and Vania for a beach ceremony!!

• Joana

Joana · Married on 01/18/2019

Very helpful in preparing weddings

*A long review but wanted to give details/kudos*
    My fiancé and I were getting married in Colorado but when we discovered his parents weren't able to travel so easily to Colorado, we decided to shift things to Florida. As it was just our parents attending, we thought it would be simple to handle. Order in some flowers, find a spot on a beach, rent or buy some chairs, jump on The Knot for a photographer...simple. And probably for some people they could do all of that just fine. My experience? As I'm going down my small checklist, I start to think, "My fiancé will need to put the flowers on everyone because I don't want him to see me before the wedding", "we have to go pick up the flowers and chairs the day before the wedding and make sure the flowers don't get ruined in the interim", "hhhmm...he's also going to have to bring the chairs himself and set things up himself". Plenty of questions, along with recognizing the hundreds of photographers out there, and then thinking maybe I also wanted a musician so let's add that to the list, etc.
    That's when I realized I needed a helper. For Sun and Sea's package cost, it brought me peace and sanity. Vania was our wedding planner and she was wonderful. I am a list person, I like to check everything off and maybe even confirm it a 2nd or 3rd time and Vania was patient and kind with all of my questions. Within just a couple weeks, we had everything selected. When we were reviewing the beach locations they recommended, my fiancé found a different beach location (not on their list) that he loved. One quick question to Vania and in a heartbeat, they followed up on the needed permit and our place was set. Many people challenge the permit which I first pondered about too, as all it's allowing is for a ranger to not have you stop the wedding and/or move it. I didn't think a ranger would actually stop us in the middle of a ceremony but having the permit was better in the end because you could set everything up, and not worry about a family setting up their beach day right where you wanted to stand.
    Side things were also helpful. We took a quick trip to FL to get our license a few weeks before the wedding and I wanted to find someone to do my hair for the wedding. A quick call to Vania and she referred me to someone (Sarina Durden, excellent). I know it's hard to find a hair person under such short notice but luckily it worked out well for us, and not only was I able to get in for a hair consult, I was able to hire her to come to the beach house we rented and do my hair/makeup as well as our mothers’ and made the day even more special.
    The wedding day itself was beautiful. We brought in our own pastor as we wanted a religious ceremony and Sun and Sea took off the price of their officiant. Kyle was our violinist and was wonderful. He was quick to adapt as we picked a song for our communion, but our pastor started talking as communion started, so he adjusted and played the song lightly as she spoke. Our photographer, Jeannie was so great. We ended up adding pictures at the house prior to the ceremony and though the times didn't get communicated correctly, Jeannie was quick to come up with some alternative solutions and it worked out great. What I loved most about her was her patience and positive nature. Our parents are older so we take things slower, and no one wants to be rushed when getting their picture taken. Jeannie was at ease, took her time, and allowed us to be comfortable which helps to capture the moment even better. We haven't received our pictures yet but are excited to have them as moments to a special day. We also hired a videographer, also referred to us by them. Jax video did a fantastic job and if you’re having a small wedding, we definitely recommend taping your ceremony. We have been able to share our ceremony with our friends and family and something we already treasure.
    Side keepsakes: They have an option where you can design a wooden sign with your name and wedding date. Vicky handled that order request with us and was very responsive, allowing us to pick the colors of the frame, etc. I know you can probably find something similar on Etsy or Amazon, but being able to run through our entire checklist with one company really made things so easy. And lastly, the flowers...I read many reviews where everyone just loved their flowers. The bridal bouquet and groom’s boutonniere were absolutely beautiful! We also got boutonnieres for our parents and I was impressed with the spray roses for our fathers and the beautiful orchids for our mothers. The ceremony was beautiful and though you can always pick apart little things of any event, the joy I experienced during the ceremony says it all.
    So, if you're good with knowing what you want, but don't have a lot of time and think you need a helper, we definitely recommend going with Sun and Sea. Thank you, Sun and Sea for helping us enjoy such a beautiful day.

Sun and Sea Beach Weddings FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination? $ 500.00
  • What is the starting price for partial wedding planning? $ 985.00
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning? $ 1,485.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate? No

• The Milano Room
    The Milano Room Banquet Halls

The Milano Room had the privilege of working with Vicki on a wedding reception. The gorgeous set up, perfect time line and the overall professionalism was amazing. We cannot wait until we are able to work with Sun and Sea Beach Weddings again! We highly recommend them for your destination or even local wedding needs.

• Chillula
    Chillula Wedding Bands

I, Chase, the singer for this band, play guitar for Sun and Sea. They are the best for everything about weddings. Beach ceremonies, decorations, officiants, flowers, music, receptions, and lots of little things that make them stand out. They have so many things to choose from. Go to their website and you can build your own package.

• Wehner Weddings, LLC
    Wehner Weddings, LLC Wedding Musicians

The staff at sun and Sea Beach Weddings is a pleasure to work with. They make my job as the musician easier by maintaining good communication. They know how to set a great atmosphere for your beach wedding and will do so with professionalism.

• 175 Blue Sky Dr Saint Johns, Florida, 32259 See on map