sue lynch photography Reviews

107 | Pepperell, MA

107 Reviews for sue lynch photography

Christine Yip · Married on 01/04/2020

Great photographer!

We hired Sue for our engagement and wedding and she was everything we were looking for in a photographer. She was flexible and dedicated with a good eye for both formal structured portraits and spontaneous snapshots that really capture the emotions of the moment.

For our engagement, she was professional and very flexible, willing to reschedule with us 4 times given the bad luck we were having with the rainy weather. We really appreciated her willingness to reschedule and our engagement shots came out beautifully!

At our wedding, she was everywhere - taking shots of everyone and all the special events. She made great suggestions for where our more formal shots with ourselves and the group photos could be and worked well with the wedding coordinators, catering, DJ, and everyone.

Thank you! And we wholeheartedly recommend Sue for any photos you'd like to have!

Sent on 05/05/2019
  • Kristine

Kristine Ennis · Married on 12/28/2019

You want Sue Lynch to capture your most special moments!

Working with Sue was so much more than having a photographer with us to document our special day. She is incredibly talented, thoughtful, intuitive and reliable. She makes whatever photos you want happen, and is willing to go to any lengths to get those perfect shots. Whether candid or posed, she will provide you with beautiful photos that truly encompass your day. She was there first thing in the morning to get the “getting ready” shots, but she was also there to offer us support with making sure things went smoothly and helped calm our nerves (mine especially!) and did a perfect job capturing every special moment. From day one we enjoyed working with Sue and felt confident that she would help us capture our day with the utmost care. The photographs came out absolutely beautiful and my family could not say enough about how much they enjoyed having her work closely with us throughout our special day. She gets the job done efficiently but without being invasive. My husband and I recommend Sue as the photographer for any special life event without hesitation!

Sent on 02/05/2020

Jolyn Wiggin · Married on 12/10/2019

Professional, organized, friendly, creative and talented

As soon as I had my first conversation with Sue, I knew she was going to be the perfect photographer. She made my husband and I feel comfortable, had great communication and went above and beyond creating the perfect schedule for our wedding day. She had the perfect medium of listening to our ideas and suggesting some of her own (which we took since she has years of experience). We did our engagement pictures with Sue a year before the wedding, she captured our love perfectly. She suggested the Arnold Arboretum which was the perfect place for our pictures, it was a simple, beautiful, less touristy park. Taking engagement pictures seemed like such an awkward thing to us, but she made it fun! She even incorporated our 2 dogs into our pictures and was patient with their fussiness. On the day of our wedding, she was efficient, organized but wasn't in your face with the camera and allowed us to enjoy our wedding. She not only got all of the pictures we wanted, she also captured so many amazing candid moments. Sue shot our wedding by herself (100 people) and managed to get all the portraits done efficiently, wedding decor/cake/tables, as well as candids. Our family and friends kept raving about how organized and not intrustive she was. Sue has a way of making the couple feel at ease, like you're doing a photoshoot with a friend. She has been swamped this year, yet still made it a priority to send me a few pictures to look at while we were away at our honeymoon (as a sneak peek). Then as promised, she had the remaining pictures ready and they came out perfect! I can not rave enough about Sue's talents, organization, communication, professionalism and character as a person.

Sent on 11/16/2019

Dominic N · Married on 11/23/2019

Patient, personable, professional

We contacted almost a dozen professionals during our search for our wedding photographer. We started off reaching out to recommendations from friends and found someone with great pricing and excellent finished shots. Despite the bargain and excellent final results, after meeting with him, we decided we couldn't work with his personality. For such a momentous occasion as our wedding, it wasn't worth it to us to make a compromise.

After a number of emails with folks all over the Boston area that were already booked or charged twice as much for half as long, we ended up reaching out to Sue. She was the last photographer we met with and we loved her photos, her rates, and her candor.

We have some difficult family members on one side of the family. This was our one concern working with Sue, but everything worked out quite well the day of!

We had a charming afternoon doing a wet, overcast engagement shoot with Sue in the fall. We'd highly suggest taking the time to get familiar with her and her style (or any photographer for that matter) with a shoot before the main event. Photos were delivered quickly and to our surprise, they were all wonderful and bright! While the day was dreary, these photos were anything but. We enjoyed Sue's quick thinking, willingness to listen to what we want, and adapt to what we had to work with during that shoot. After seeing the results from that day, we knew we made a great choice.

As far as the experience working with Sue on the day of the wedding, she was again patient, flexible, demonstrated a great eye for detail, and abundant creativity. Some of the more artistic shots were pleasant surprises when we got the photos back (which were delivered to us much quicker than expected, by the way). We also barely noticed Sue running around taking shots from every which way.

From start to finish, Sue was highly responsive, thorough, patient, and professional. We have nothing but good things to say about her and the experience working with her and would not hesitate to recommend her to others or work with her again.

Sent on 01/07/2020
  • Ryann

Ryann · Married on 09/13/2019

Incredible Photographer!!!

My husband and I first saw some of Sue's work here on Wedding Wire, which led us to her website. All we kept saying was how AMAZING her shots were. Before we even reached out, we could see that Sue was a true professional and had great vision for wedding photography. After being taken away by her work, we hired her. From the first email, we could tell that she was going to be fantastic. On our wedding day, Sue was very prompt, worked seamlessly with the venue and our other vendors to ensure she got photos of EVERYTHING! Sue is an absolute pleasure to work with, when you meet her, you truly understand her passion for wedding photography and she is very bubbly and excited to be part of your special day. My husband and I got married at a Country Club and Sue got there early to scope out the golf course to find great areas for photos. Her ideas were FANTASTIC! We also had our dog be a part of our wedding and Sue worked perfectly with him! She is an animal lover and she was thrilled to get him into our shots! Sue had perfect instructions for the whole bridal party while taking photos and she had everyone at ease. One of the biggest positives to Sue was how quick her turn around was on getting our photos back. She gave us a timeline and delivered ahead of schedule! The quality of her work was truly INCREDIBLE! If you had any questions about her being the photographer for you, hopefully this review will have answered them. She is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED & AN AMAZING PHOTOGRAPHER!

Sent on 10/27/2019

Jim Zoino · Married on 07/14/2019

Blown Away By The Photos! Just Beautiful.

My daughter and son in law hired Sue Lynch Photography for both their engagement and wedding pictures. They chose her from literally dozens of large and small companies because of the creative photographs on her website. When she met them at the public gardens in Boston for their engagement photos, she took such beautiful shots that there was no question about her doing the wedding. Fortunately she was available for the wedding date!
    Sue is absolutely tireless. The day was 90 degrees and sunny and she went to work early at the hotel where the bride's maids were having hair and makeup done. Once finished, she took off for the wedding venue to record their arrival. I don't think she took a break the entire time. At the same time, she was never in the way; I never felt she was intrusive. My daughter had given her a pretty comprehensive list of the various family and friends combinations to shoot and Sue worked away until she got them all.
    When my wife and I got married nearly 40 years ago, it seemed like the photographer had the wedding party and the family seperated from the reception for a very lengthy time. This was not going to work in 90 degree temperature so Sue had different groups pulled together (bride's family, groom's family, friends, etc.) and she shot all the various combinations quickly and then assembled the next group. No one was standing around and waiting for any length of time. (It's hard to be that efficient and also creative at the same time. Sue accomplished all of that all day long).
    During the reception she shot away at the dance floor, the buffet, anywhere and everywhere. At some point she disappeared with the bride and groom and the most fantastic evening shots were taken (I posted my favorite here). Finally, at the end of the night, everyone (all 100 or so) gathered on the dance floor, lined up and she shot the whole group standing on a chair. The shot came out great.
    I give Sue Lynch a 10 star rating (is that a thing?). I recommend her without reservation. After all is said and done, the hard part is looking over nearly 1,000 pictures to choose from. Sue also came in very competitively price-wise. You shouldn't skimp on your pictures, they are your memories. At the same time, if you choose wisely, you don't have to refinance the house to get the highest quality and artistic creativity. Hire Sue Lynch.

Sent on 08/02/2019

Mollie · Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing Photographer

I can't say enough about Sue. She was absolutely FANTASTIC. I met with Sue about 10 months before my wedding and knew right away that I wanted to hire her. On the day of wedding, she was great. She made me feel calm and relaxed. When taking the group photos, she was efficient in a perfect way. She took the photos that I wanted and did them in a timely manner so I could join our cocktail hour. ALL of the bridal party and guests at the wedding reached out to tell me how wonderful she was and are already asking for her contact info for their weddings! We got our pictures VERY quickly after the wedding and they are just AMAZING. I loved every single one of them and I would highly recommend Sue to anyone!

Sent on 06/23/2019

Christopher Lewis · Married on 03/30/2019

Perfect Photographer

We started working with Sue months prior to our wedding when we did an engagement photoshoot. We knew that we made the right decision after seeing how those photos came out along with her attention to detail and knack for knowing her couples. Leading up to the big day, Sue was in consistent communication with us and met with us to go over a "day of" timeline down to the minute. Sue simply went out of her way to make sure the day was going to go exactly as we hoped and had backup plans for everything incase something didn't go as expected. Going into the wedding day we felt well prepared and confident knowing Sue would be in charge of photographing the most important day of our lives. The big day came and she did not disappoint!! Sue was everywhere at once it seemed, capturing moments with the bride and bridesmaids along with the groom and groomsmen without batting an eye. She was easy to work with and made us feel completely natural during what could be considered an awkward moment. Sue worked with our videographer for the first time and had no issues both getting the job done and making it seem like it had been done a million times prior. Sue blew us away though when she got the finished product back to us just over a week after the wedding and every picture was amazing. I didn't think it was possible to have no bad photographs on your wedding day but Sue made it happen. I could not recommend her enough as a photographer and a person!

Sent on 04/09/2019

Erin · Married on 12/14/2018

She was awesome!

We hired Sue for our engagement and wedding photos. She was awesome! For our engagement pictures she recommended the spot. I had no idea where to go. It was beautiful. Perfect spot. She helped my husband and I feel comfortable. We both were so awkward and uncomfortable getting our pictures taken at first. She got some awesome shots. She was literally climbing in bushes to get the right angle. It was great. Our wedding was in December so it was cold and we did all our pictures outside. She knew where to go for the best shots and the perfect times (sunset). We also had a large wedding party. She was able to get all the shots we wanted and had time to spare. She was quick, so no one had to be outside extra long and she was a trooper. She was outside longer than anyone and it was cold. All the pictures were great and she captured the right moments and made everyone look so good while doing it! You could give her a lot of direction or none and she knew what to do. Both my husband and I didn't really have many ideas in mind for photos. She was so helpful in giving us ideas and what we should and shouldn't do. And she is only one person!! I was so impressed. I would recommend her to anyone I know getting married. You would not be disappointed.

Sent on 03/26/2019

Brandon T · Married on 11/10/2018

A professional delivering high quality work

We hired Sue for our wedding in Cambridge in November 2018. Working with her was excellent. We had an engagement shoot over the summer where she worked hard to help us be comfortable and look natural in our photos. On the day of the wedding she was on time, extremely well organized, calm, and very professional. Her photos came out very, very well - we found dozens that we loved and shared. She captured the energy of the day very well and I would hire her again without a second thought. Her rate was very reasonable.

Also, If you are an LGBT couple as we are, Sue is a great choice as she was very comfortable and professional with us. Highly recommended.

Sent on 01/09/2019

Stephen Wai · Married on 11/03/2018

Fantastic November Wedding Shoot

Sue shot our wedding at the Blue Hill Country Club in Canton, MA with a backdrop of beautiful fall foliage on a blustery day in November. We were absolutely thrilled with the results and highly endorse choosing Sue for your wedding. Here are some unassorted details that might help you in your decision.
    - We live in California and chose Sue only after speaking with her on the phone once. She quickly gave us the confidence that she would make the day really easy for us and do a great job.
    - We met with Sue in person only twice before the wedding—once during a trip to Boston 6 months before the wedding and then one week before the wedding. Besides that, we only communicated via email and everything was easily coordinated via a questionnaire. She made it very simple for us.
    - Sue has great energy and was very assertive in wrangling us, the wedding party, and the guests into position (trust me, you want this). End result were some gorgeous photos.
    - Sue arranged a second photographer at our request who was also great.
    - We're very happy with all our photos. There are great candids that truly capture the vibe during the wedding and reception. There are great portraits of the families that they love. The shots of the us also turned out great.

Bottom line—choose Sue if you're looking for a photographer who will bring out the best in you and make it really easy so you can focus on enjoying the moment.

Sent on 01/12/2019
  • Crystal

Crystal · Married on 10/20/2018

We were thrilled with Sue Lynch as our photographer!

We hired Sue Lynch for our wedding in October 2019 and could not have been happier with her or our pictures. We first found Sue through searching for local photographers and quickly met with her to talk more about details. She showed us albums and answered all of our questions with confidence and knowledge. On the day of, Sue was so accommodating of our preferences for pictures, made sure we were okay every step of the way, and took absolutely gorgeous pictures of our special day. She was kind, professional, and we were able to stay in our budget while still loving our pictures. I highly, highly recommend Sue Lynch.

Sent on 01/17/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany Whitehead · Married on 10/12/2018

Absolutely amazing wedding photography

My husband and I cannot say enough good things about Sue. We found Sue by looking through reviews on the knot. We sent her an email which led to an in person meeting. We had a great connection from the start. She is very welcoming and warm as well as extremely talented. She was willing to travel over an hour to meet with us, she brought photo album samples and such a great attitude. Additionally she made sure every picture we wanted was scheduled into the day and was very flexible with our wishes. We can’t stress enough how wonderful she was as a photographer. She was able to capture so many shots without her presence even being noticed.

Sent on 01/08/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 10/06/2018

Wedding 10/06/2018

Sue photographed our wedding day so beautifully! She kept in touch with us from the second we hired her until our wedding day! I couldn’t be happier with all the photos from our big day and I am so happy we hired her to capture our day so perfectly! I would recommend her to everyone I know. She even sent us a beautiful Christmas ornament with a photo on it from our wedding day !

Sent on 01/08/2019

Samantha · Married on 09/29/2018

Amazing Wedding Photographer

Sue is a wonderful photographer! She was professional, organized, responsive, kind and so helpful! My husband and I could not be more happy with our choice to hire Sue for our engagement and wedding photos. My husband and I are both shy and Sue made us feel comfortable and helped guide us through the process. I would definitely recommend doing engagement photos first. It was great practice for the wedding photos and we felt so much more at ease on our wedding day. Also, our engagement photos are beautiful and I cherish them! All of our pictures turned out so beautifully! So many of our guests commented about how wonderful she was as well and how hard she worked to take so many wonderful photos! She took so many photos and captured so many amazing moments I did even see! She also finished editing our photos so quickly too! Sue even sent us a Christmas ornament with one of our wedding photos. She is amazing and I would highly recommend hiring her for your wedding!

Sent on 01/22/2019

Sabrina · Married on 09/14/2018

Sue was amazing! As a bride, my mind was spinning, and being at such a wonderful venue, I didn’t even know where to start for photos! But Sue knew exactly where to go. She had been at the venue before, but the weather is different each time. The fact that she knew exactly where to go made this as stress-free as it could possibly be. And of course, the outcome was amazing! The price was also extremely reasonable. I would highly recommend Sue for a wedding photographer!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Lauren · Married on 09/02/2018

Sue was amazing! She did our engagement photos and our wedding photos. She was very flexible with us in terms of scheduling our engagement shoot. Neither of us has ever been photographed before and she made us feel completely at ease. On our wedding day, I was completely confident in her. She was able to get wonderful candids and moved very quickly! She was able to use the natural light and surroundings to get gorgeous photos. She got our photos to us in about 2 weeks, which was a great surprise! Sue was great to work with and we are thrilled with our photos.

Sent on 09/29/2018

Lindsay · Married on 08/18/2018

We contacted Sue very early on in the planning process, and after she replied promptly with a personalized email and we met with her, it only took us about five minutes to decide what is usually a tough choice when it comes to the photos of your big day. She was so easy to talk to, she listened to what we were looking for, and she understood us and the kind of wedding and photos we wanted. I'm anxious normally so I was especially stressed about working with vendors and having everything go smoothly...but I never once had to worry with Sue. She was always responsive and professional, SO reasonable with her pricing, and when it came to the big day, she was prepared. Even though we got married in Gloucester in the summer at a venue she hadn't shot at before, she showed up early, scoped out the grounds, and came up with some awesome, perceptive shot ideas. It was raining most of the day but she kept our spirits up and got us some wonderful pictures...including a night shot with umbrella that we and all of our loved ones are so impressed by and in love with and fun candids. We can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Courtney · Married on 08/11/2018

I can't rave enough about Sue and her beautiful work! The posed photos are breathtaking, and she did an incredible job capturing those special, spontaneous moments that you most want to remember -- and somehow everyone looks amazing in every photo! It rained on our wedding day, but Sue knew exactly the right moment to get everyone outside, and had black and white umbrellas just in case (we didn't need them and ended up with really cool cloud formations and lighting in our photos!). Her attention to detail in the planning stages really paid off on the day-of, as things got a little hectic. As soon as she arrived she brought a sense of order to the day's events, and checked in with us repeatedly to make sure everything was going the way we wanted. Our families and the wedding party couldn't stop singing her praises the whole night. We received our photos in an extremely impressive turnaround time, and we're over the moon with how they turned out! We cannot recommend Sue highly enough to anyone looking for a professional, experienced photographer they can trust!

Sent on 08/29/2018

Sean · Married on 06/30/2018

Sue is a remarkable photographer! She photographed our wedding this past June. She was incredibly thorough and organized. We met a few weeks before the wedding, which helped us outline what the actual day would look like. She had everything down pat and was able to keep the schedule the day of, even dealing with our large families! Sue was extremely accommodating and flexible. Her passion and expertise are evident in her work! We totally enjoyed having Sue be our photographer. Family and friends noticed her hard work and dedication to her job. We received our online prints and flash drive a couple weeks after the wedding - so timely! Sue's website is easy to use and we were able to share it with family and friends. We HIGHLY recommend Sue Lynch Photography for any occasion! We truly enjoyed having Sue be part of our special day!

Sent on 08/15/2018

Katie · Married on 06/30/2018

Sue is a very friendly photographer. She arrived early (not to mentioned traveled over 100 miles at no extra charge) for our wedding. We had requested a LOT of pictures to be taken, and Sue was very accomodating. She took every picture we asked for and are very pleased with how they came out. She moved things along quickly, but we never felt rushed. We loved our pictures that were taken at sunset on the beach. We had 2 kids that were a big part of the wedding (one was 6 and one was 17 months) and she did her best to accomodate and suggest pictures with them. Our favorites are the ones she captured of us (my husband, my daughter, and myself) in the moment and were not posed. I highly recommend her for wedding photography!

Sent on 10/13/2018

Ericka · Married on 06/16/2018

My husband and I are so happy we hired Sue to do our engagement and wedding photography! We would recommend her to anyone looking for professional photos! Our first shoot with her was at the Wayside Inn in Sudbury for engagement photos. My then fiance and I were a little nervous as we had never been photographed professionally, but Sue made us feel extremely comfortable and the photos came out amazing! We brought our dog along too, who was way more nervous than us, and Sue did a great job with him as well. Sue had the photos to us extremely quickly. About a month before our wedding, Sue sent us a questionnaire that asked all of the right questions about our timeline, where we want photos at our venue etc. Sue was extremely knowledgeable and professional while reviewing and had great suggestions. She even called our venue before our wedding to make sure we wouldn't run into photo location issues with the other wedding on the property. On the wedding day, Sue arrived early, and worked efficiently to get all of the photos we wanted getting ready. She was literally running back and forth between the groomsmen and us to ensure we had enough time and got every shot we wanted. before leaving for the night, she checked in with Mark and I to make sure there weren't any pictures we still wanted and asked when we would be back from our honeymoon. She emailed me the day we came back with all of the photos! The photos came out amazing - she captured every moment perfectly. We cannot say enough great things about Sue and her work. Wish we could leave more stars!!

Sent on 06/29/2018

Meghan · Married on 05/17/2018

Phenomenal! Don't even hesitate, just book her. She takes beautiful shots and is a true professional. I am so happy with the photos I have of my wedding. I look forward to having another event, just so I can hire Sue and have more of her beautiful pictures

Sent on 05/22/2018

Juvinal · Married on 05/12/2018

We hired Sue for our wedding on 5/12. Our photos are amazing. Super fast turn around time. Sue is everything you could ask for in a photographer. If you want a detail oriented, organized, and focused photographer, look no further. Sue is AWESOME!

Sent on 05/29/2018

Erica · Married on 04/28/2018

I can’t express enough how FLAWLESS this photographer is. I worried for MONTHS about my wedding pictures because I have a very hard time feeling comfortable enough to take nice pictures. Sue was so personable and so talented, and I found that I felt not only comfortable, but like a model! She got 100% of the best pictures ever taken of me. She made my family and friends feel comfortable as well, and somehow managed to be everywhere at once. We had a very pleasant interview before the wedding, and came up with a plan that we were both comfortable. Everyone at my wedding was very impressed with her. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Sent on 05/22/2018