Southern Chic Weddings and Events, LLC Reviews

77 | Charleston, SC

77 Reviews for Southern Chic Weddings and Events, LLC

Jess · Married on 09/27/2014

Amanda was wonderful! I hired Amanda as my week of planner and she made sure the event was exactly what I wanted. She helped to keep me on track, setup the space exactly as I wanted, offered great ideas and really provided peace of mind so that I could just relax on the day of and know that everything was taken of! I couldn't have been happier! She was super responsive, offered great ideas and solutions, made sure we were tracking to the date, managed the vendors, setup the space and managed the day right until the end. I would highly recommend Amanda to anyone!

Sent on 10/16/2014

Erin · Married on 09/06/2014

I was not sure if I should hire a day-of coordinator because I am a bit of a control freak and a big planner, but being the fourth daughter to get married in my family, my whole goal was to have a wedding day that both of my parents could just enjoy and not worry about logistics or details. I had a destination wedding in downtown Charleston, and the best decision I made in planning our wedding was hiring Amanda - she was so accommodating and organized and no questions was silly: she talked all the way through the day with me as many times as I needed, answered my texts from the craft store asking which size card box to get, herded my wedding party, and kept us on schedule. The best part was that she took over all vendor communication 10 days out, so I could focus on all the fun last minute details! I would recommend that anyone hire Amanda and her team - they were incredible!!!!

Sent on 10/06/2014

Katie · Married on 08/16/2014

Amanda was amazing! I was an out-of-town bride and she always had suggestions for vendors and answered all of my questions promptly. She took over all my vendor contracts 10-days out and coordinated everything for the rehearsal and day-of so that everything ran smoothly. She even prepared for the 10-minute afternoon thunderstorm before my wedding and wiped down the ceremony chairs. I definitely recommend her for your Charleston wedding.

Sent on 08/24/2014

Amy · Married on 06/27/2014

Amanda Lewis and her team were the best any bride could ask for. She was very organized and on top of everything. She has great relationships with all the vendors in town and knows the ins and outs of Charleston weddings. Amanda was referred to me by a friend and I would refer her to any bride to be. She is amazing and really puts her heart and soul into all her weddings!

Sent on 07/23/2014

Kris · Married on 06/21/2014

When my daughter became engaged her wedding was a destination wedding in Charleston as we both live out of town. I was referred to SouthernChic by a friend and I can tell you that it was the best decision I made in the whole process. Amanda Lewis was a pleasure to work with during the whole year preceding the wedding. And during the week of and the day of she made my daughter's day full of joy - relaxing and nothing to worry about. I cannot say enough great things about Amanda and her assistant, Becky. Thanks to Amanda for making my daughter's wedding and day to remember!!

Sent on 06/25/2014

Jessica · Married on 06/07/2014

I am a relatively organized person and wanted to do most of the planning for my wedding myself. However, I knew that I needed an expert on hand during the process to advise me and also to take over during those hectic last few days prior to the wedding. Southern Chic is great because they offer a basic "week of" coordination package and then offer add-ons for areas where you'd like a little bit of extra help (for example, with the reception layout or transportation planning) - as opposed to having to either go all out with a more comprehensive planning service or just having "day of" assistance.

Also, working with Amanda was fantastic. She was calm, flexible, knowledgeable, helpful and overall just a pleasure to work with. The day of, she helped to keep things moving perfectly on track and our wedding would not have been the same without her! Highly, highly recommend working with Southern Chic!

Sent on 06/15/2014

My daughter and I are both very organized. I did not think we really needed anyone's help to plan a wedding. I was so wrong. Amanda had so much good advice about vendors, decor, venue pros and cons, service, quantity and quality of food. I can't even begin to list how many ways she helped us.
    Her responses were always within the hour.
    A few hours before the reception it was raining cats and dogs. Both the bride and I stayed calm as we knew Amanda would handle whatever came up as far as set up, etc.
    I would not have enjoyed or had fun at the wedding if I had not known Amanda was taking care of every detail.

Sent on 06/03/2014

Sarah · Married on 05/31/2014

Amanda was an incredible asset for the entirety of our wedding planning process. She always had fabulous recommendations for vendors, which were based on my preferences and priorities. She had wonderful suggestions about stationery, transportation, flowers, music, hotels, and rentals, and much more. She was also great at identifying details that I had overlooked and helping me to fix any issue that arose. She was incredibly responsive to emails and phone calls.

In the week or so before the wedding when Amanda took over, everything went seamlessly. I didn't have to coordinate anything with any vendors, and if there was any problem with a vendor, I don't even know about it because she handled every detail.

The night before the wedding it began raining, and it continued to do so until about 2 hours before the reception, which was being held outside. Amanda and her assistant were literally shop-vacuuming water off of the venue grounds before the furniture could be placed on the lawn of the venue. They did all of this because they knew how much I wanted an outdoor reception. I had no idea any of this occurred until the day after when guests told me. By the time the reception began, the venue looked perfect and everything was arranged on the lawn exactly as I had hoped for.

My wedding day went so smoothly,and I didn't have to worry about a thing. The groom and I had a truly wonderful time. Many people have told us it was the most beautiful wedding they've ever been to, and Amanda played a huge role in making it so spectacular.

My best friend recommended Amanda to me, and I would happily recommend her as well.

Sent on 06/16/2014

Jenny · Married on 05/18/2014

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Amanda and Southern Chic Weddings & Events. I have spent six years as a non-profit event planner and was blown away by Amanda's organizational skills. We hired Amanda as our "week-of" coordinator and she took over 10 days out from the wedding to do all of the final confirmations with vendors. This was a huge help and really allowed me to enjoy the last few days of wedding planning. Instead of stressing about a rain plan, or last minute details....Amanda had everything covered for me.

Amanda and her team were worth their weight in gold on my wedding day. They were able to keep everything on schedule, allowing me to enjoy the day. They were also so wonderful with handling family dynamics and making sure that everyone was enjoying the day.

I would highly, highly recommend Amanda to everyone!

Sent on 05/29/2014

I live in NY and I found Amanda through a search for Charleston Wedding Coordinators, and I am so happy I did! She was so on top of things from the beginning, and always so helpful! There were a few things I needed help with not being in SC and she was right there to help with whatever I needed. The wedding day was smooth and went by seamlessly, and we couldn't have asked for a sweeter coordinator to work with. I highly recommend her to all brides in the Charleston area, she was beyond fantastic, so fun, and honest about everything! You don't want someone to sugar coat a terrible wedding decision, you want someone to tell you that it's not the greatest idea and we should revise those things, and that was awesome, I needed someone to be honest and say yay or nay. I can't say enough wonderful things, I miss working with her already! If you want to work with a wedding planner who is highly organized, friendly, professional, welcoming, and who knows the ins and outs of a successful wedding day schedule, I would look no further and work with Amanda and her team.

Sent on 05/23/2014

Amanda was wonderful. I would send her an email and I would have a response back usually within an hour. On the day of the wedding she was organized and the day ran so smoothly! I would definitely recommend her services.

Sent on 05/04/2014

Marci · Married on 03/29/2014

For anyone in the Charleston Area who is looking for a wedding coordinator (and if you are having a wedding in Charleston you need one) I highly recommend Amanda Lewis and Southern Chic Weddings. She has now done both of our daughters weddings and was invaluable. She is organized, has great vendor recommendations and common sense. Amanda will help guide you through all the decisions, big and little, that need to be made giving you honest feedback but always willing to do what she can to accommodate your wishes. We had two different personality brides and she worked extremely well with both. She was a calming influence when something didn’t go exactly right (in this case bride’s party was a little late to the church for pre-ceremony pictures and MOB was not happy, none of this Amanda’s fault but she kept us on track and all went off without a hitch). If anything else went wrong, we don’t know about it because she handled it! I both cases, we started out with her Basic Week Of package and for one daughter, who is very detail oriented, that was perfect. However for the other daughter who is less so (as is her mother) we added the Unlimited Access via phone and email which was perfect and worth every penny. I think most brides would need that extra help so do consider it! My only regret is we are out of daughters so we won’t be in need of her services (at least for a wedding) anymore! Our family and friends are still talking about how great the weddings were and that is due, in large part, to Amanda. THANK YOU AMANDA AND ALL YOUR TEAM AT SOUTHERN CHIC WEDDINGS!

Sent on 04/04/2014

Amanda · Married on 03/29/2014

I was thrilled with Amanda's services, she really understood what Stephen and I wanted and did it with amazing professionalism and organization. I would absolutely recommend her to someone else!!!

Sent on 06/07/2014

Amanda, with Southern Chic Weddings, was absolutely fabulous to work with! She suggested amazing vendors to work with and kept me on track while still allowing me take the lead. The week of my wedding she reached out to all of my vendors, confirmed every little detail and reported back to me enthusiastically. I was so relaxed the entire weekend and that was in part to Amanda's organization and attention to detail. Any Charleston bride would be lucky to have her calling the shots on their wedding day!

Sent on 02/24/2014

Amanda was wonderful to deal with / very responsive and solved problems very quickly. Knowing that we had her expertise made things much easier. I did not realize that there were going to be so many last minute issues to deal with which is what she did and that was EXTREMELY helpful and appreciated.

Sent on 11/07/2013

Heather · Married on 10/26/2013

Amanda was the easiest person to work with thru the whole entire experience. She wanted the day to be amazing, this wasn't just her job to her. She goes over and beyond to help you out. She will offer out ideas if something does not work. On top of that she takes care of the last week and half for you. We wouldn't of been able to have the day we did or weekend if it wasn't for her and her team.

Sent on 11/07/2013

Hillary · Married on 10/26/2013

Amanda and her team are amazing! I didn't think about one detail on my special day because Amanda already had everything covered! She is extremely detail-oriented and proactive - I loved working with her!

Sent on 11/14/2013

Lindsay · Married on 10/25/2013

I can not say enough great things about Amanda/Southern Chic. She is the sole reason that I did not end up in the looney bin and miss the wedding...there would have been no wedding to speak of without her planning services. Total class act. And I continue to receive compliments on every detail of the wedding.

Sent on 11/04/2013

Amanda & her team at Southern Chic helped plan & took over coordinating the week of my wife and I's wedding in September. Not being from the Mt. Pleasant area, Amanda made the planning process a breeze by recommending a number of vendors and frank assessments of their capabilities. As the wedding approached Amanda easily took over all the relationships we had begun with vendors to have everything ready to go day of.

My goal in working with Southern Chic was for my Wife, her Mom and my Mom to all be carefree to enjoy the ceremony and reception. Amanda & her team could not have done more to make this happen.

Sent on 10/20/2013

Jill · Married on 09/21/2013

I was a bride from out of town and my husband and I were going to be deployed overseas in the military up until a month and half before my wedding. I knew 100% that I needed a wedding planner that was the best of the best! Amanda Lewis was just that, awesome! I couldn't have asked for a better wedding planner! She was so flexible with my schedule and due to me being overseas, all our correspondance (besides our initial meeting) was via email, with only one phone call before I got home! She kept me on timeline and covered all the little details that I did not even think about! Once I did return home and time got closer to my big day, she took over and ensured everything was on task. I created everything, decoration/design wise, for my ceremony and reception, so I had A LOT of items to hand over to her to set up. I had a pretty involved vision but she did not let this overwhelm her. She was very flexible and ensured that all my items that completed my vision were set up correctly and present on my day. Beforehand, she listened diligently to where I desired all my decorations to go and how I wanted the ceremony and reception to flow. She interjected with advice and guidance that was extremely helpful in making the day go smoothly. I didn't have to worry about a THING on my day, she took care of it all! Everything was perfectly in place and I couldn't have been more happy with how she ran it all! She kept us on schedule during the reception and was so calm and happy the entire time, nothing seems to stress her out! If you are looking for a month/week/day of planner, I recommend Amanda from Southern Chic Weddings! Your day will be smooth, stress-free and just like you envisioned! Thank you Amanda!

Sent on 11/11/2013

Leanne · Married on 06/16/2013

Amanda went above and beyond in every way throughout the entire wedding planning process. The day itself was stress-free for us because all of the details were taken care of; in fact, I can't imagine what it must be like to have a wedding without a planner as good as Amanda and her assistants Sarah and Angela. There are so many things you may not think of but they will, and so many details you will not have time for.
    In the end, the most important thing you can do for yourself is hire a good planner. Amanda was fantastic and we are so grateful for all of her help and hard work to make everything perfect on our day!

Sent on 06/19/2013

Joan · Married on 06/08/2013

Our event was a destination wedding. We could not be more pleased with Amanda Lewis' services. From our first contact and continuing through wedding day, we knew that every detail was being attended to. The wedding turned out just how we wanted it, because Amanda listened to what we requested and found the perfect vendors/service providers to match our vision. She was guide, hand-holder and miracle worker, and always professional and cheerful. Amanda and her assistant managed every logistical and artistic detail and our event was wonderful. Southern Chic Weddings is the best!

Sent on 06/10/2013

Leslie · Married on 06/08/2013

Amanda at Southern Chic Weddings was the best thing that happened to Joel and I. Having to plan a destination wedding while I was in Louisville, KY and my husband was in Ft. Lauderdale, FL was beyond stressful, but Amanda made the entire process painless. She was always very prompt, informative, understanding, creative, and on top of her game! Every vendor she introduced us to was amazing, it was extremely hard to choose because everyone was fantastic. Having a wedding in Charleston, SC can be an extremely expensive event, but Amanda always kept our budget in mind while making our ideas come to life. I can honestly say our wedding was everything I wanted it to be and more. Amanda and her assistant Sarah on wedding day went above and beyond setting up the venue to make my vision come to life. I was the most relaxed on wedding day and knew I had nothing to worry about because they were on top of everything. All our guests came up to Joel and I and had nothing but wonderful things to say about our ceremony, food, venue, music, etc. If I could I would love to go back and relive that day over and over again! Hiring Amanda was our best investment, and there was absolutely no way we could have had the wedding of our dreams without her by our side! Thank you so much Amanda at Southern Chic Weddings for giving Joel and I our day we will never forget!

Sent on 07/13/2013

Eva · Married on 05/25/2013

I have no idea what I would have done without Amanda and her assistant Sarah. We had a complete a-la-carte wedding...which translates into a loooong list of different vendors and a scheduling nightmare. We also had booked one of the notoriously rule-abiding and difficult to work with venues. Needless to say we did not make her job easy......at all. We even wanted items from the chapel transported to the reception site and oh yeah have our dog come for a few minutes during cocktail hour for pictures. I still cannot believe they pulled it all off. Every single vendor showed up on time and did exactly what they were suppose to do, the ceremony and reception ran smoothly and any little hiccups that occurred along the way, Amanda dealt with quickly and professionally. I would have died without her and I would whole heartedly recommend her to any bride that wants someone that can really get the job done and make all your crazy requests happen flawlessly, so you can actually spend your time enjoying the best day of your life :)

Sent on 06/14/2013

Stephanie · Married on 03/30/2013

Amanda was very responsive and helpful throughout the whole process. She recommended vendors that were a good fit for me, helped me during a wedding dress crisis and handled some day-of mishaps flawlessly. She's very flexible and professional. She's also very organized and I always felt like she had things under control. Overall, Amanda and her assistant were awesome!

Sent on 04/28/2013