Southern Chic Weddings and Events, LLC Reviews

77 | Charleston, SC

77 Reviews for Southern Chic Weddings and Events, LLC

Allyson · Married on 09/30/2017

There is no way we could have pulled off this wedding without Amanda's help. She was amazing from start to finish. We planned a destination wedding with her and were only able to meet in person a handful of times over the last year but she made sure to make the most of our visits. Her communication is amazing and I never felt out of the loop. There were a few times where I panicked and emailed her during off times and she would get back to me right away to calm me down. =) Amanda is completely professional and at the same time I really felt like my best friend was planning our wedding. Without a doubt Amanda is the best in the business!!

Michelle · Married on 04/28/2017

Amanda is amazing. She is a brilliant soundboard & extraordinarily great at her job. We honestly couldn’t have done it without her. She exectued everything perfectly. Not to mention she is so easy to work with. We are incredibly grateful for her guidance. It was the best day ever. Our family and friends are still talking about the fabulous time. Thank you Amanda, you’re the Best!

• W

Whitney · Married on 04/23/2017

2nd time we've used Amanda - 1st for our wedding and this time for my father's surprise 70th birthday. We were amazingly thrilled with her the 1st go around and were not disappointed at all the 2nd time around. She's seriously the best in the biz and we don't regret one single penny we've spent with her - she is worth all of it! Pretty sure without her, we would have never gotten this surprise party off the ground. She's SO easy to work with, SUCH a great communicator, SUPER organized, and the list goes on. She is seriously amazing. We would recommend Amanda for anyone planning any event - she can seriously do it all!

Monica · Married on 04/06/2017

Amanda did an amazing job! She helped me pull off the impossible in 2 months! She offered a variety of vendors to choose from, took care of all the coordinating, made sure we didn't miss any details, and provided sound guidance along the way. Worth every cent!!!

Andrea · Married on 02/25/2017

I met Amanda because she first handled a friends wedding. This wedding was on the water, during a hurricane... and the wedding still went off great. So I knew she was tried and true before I even hired her. I chose Amanda because I am the kind of bride that wants to get the best value for the money I spent in terms of guest experience and I wanted things to run smooth. If you are looking for someone that can cut through all the noise and guide you and execute your wedding with such elegance and efficiency, look no further. My wedding went off with out a hitch (at least that I know of), and everyone, including myself, had an amazing time.

Donia · Married on 10/15/2016

Amanda was amazing! She is so personable and professional. She is efficient and her services made for the perfect wedding for my daughter. We had a crisis in the last few days before the wedding and had to find a new photographer. Amanda was able to find the perfect photographer for us. I can't begin to use enough superlatives or say enough positive things about Southern Chic Weddings and Events. You will be extremely happy that you hired them!

Caroline · Married on 10/15/2016

Hiring Amanda at Southern Chic was probably the wisest decision we made in planning our Charleston wedding. I know many other reviews say the same, and with good reason! Amanda is a pro, savvy and knowledgeable, but also so down to earth and a total pleasure to work with. We opted for her "Week of" package but it was so much more than that. She would check in with me regularly in the months leading up to the big day. If not for these check-ins I might have never known where to begin. Thanks to her I never once felt overwhelmed throughout my planning process. As if I didn't already see her as invaluable she came through big time when we had to scramble to find a new photographer only a couple of days before the wedding. She's seriously amazing, can't recommend her enough!

I can’t say enough great things about working with Amanda and her team! She went above and beyond your typical wedding planner duties.  Amanda was always available and more than willing to offer her suggestions about things that went beyond just wedding day details.  She gave us amazing recommendations for vendors, weekend details, planning priorities, and even family situations.  Amanda took over all vendor communication two weeks prior to our wedding day; I can’t tell you how much stress that took off of us.  I was actually able to relax in what should’ve been the craziest time. She really made us feel comfortable every step of the planning process. We were so happy to have her there on our wedding day – and not just because she was running the show but because she is an amazing person!
    - Tanya
    Wedding: 10/1/2016

Stacie · Married on 09/30/2016

Amanda and her team at Southern Chic Weddings were AMAZING. They are laid back and think about every detail without you having to worry. We planned a destination wedding and the wedding went without a hitch thanks to their team. From the start of wedding planning to the finish, Amanda was precise and very detailed...leaving me very little to worry about. Someone was always available to answer questions and I am grateful for their kindness during what was supposed to be a very stressful time. They were so wonderful to work with throughout the entire process! Beyond wedding planning, Amanda is very genuine and fun person- making working with her that much more enjoyable.

Pat · Married on 09/09/2016

Amanda was the best decision we made. We absolutely loved her. She made the weeks leading up to the wedding and the wedding itself so stress free for me. I'm the mother of the bride, and honestly I had the best time at the wedding and reception. Amanda took care of everything. I hope we cross paths again because I consider her a great friend.

Caitlin · Married on 09/03/2016

Hiring Amanda as my wedding planner was THE best decision I made during my whole wedding planning process. I had a longer engagement than most couples and Amanda was beside me the entire time, helping me make decisions and providing her excellent expert advice. Amanda and her team were extremely organized and very detail oriented, which was essential because my wedding was also a destination wedding. Every vendor that I hired loved working with Amanda and all of my family members who had the pleasure of meeting Amanda said she did a wonderful job at the rehearsal and on the big day! My wedding wouldn't have been as wonderful and amazing as it was without Amanda!

Bri · Married on 04/29/2016

I really can't say enough about how great Amanda Assey Lewis is. She was extremely knowledgeable, responsive, professional, and fun to work with. She gives great feedback and makes the planning process fun and stress free. I didn't worry about a single detail on my wedding day! All of the wedding party adored her as well. She's very good at directing people and getting the job done while still keeping a fun and upbeat vibe. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking to hire a wedding coordinator in Charleston!

Randy · Married on 04/29/2016

Amanda Lewis, of Southern Chic Weddings and Events, was a fabulous long distance liaison when planning a rehearsal dinner and brunch in Charleston for my son and daughter-in-law's wedding. She is very responsive to all inquires, both by phone and email, and made planning events from St. Louis so much less stressful. One of her best qualities is her ability to anticipate the unexpected wrinkles that can occur at any events-in our case rain at the outdoor rehearsal-and smoothly adjust herself and the participants accordingly.
    My only regret is not calling her earlier in the planning process. She is a top-notch wedding planner.

Cate · Married on 03/25/2016

Our wedding was wonderful and it wouldn't have been so great without the help of Amanda and her team. Everything was expertly planned down to the last detail, which was very important to us. Our guests were so happy on our special day and so were we. Thanks Amanda!

Jennifer · Married on 03/19/2016

Amanda Lewis was phenomenal in making our special day possible. She understood our style and saw our vision and she made our wishes, and more, happen. Amanda's rapport with all the local vendors removed any anxiety we had in planning our wedding. Even when I didn't know what questions to ask or when she sensed the concerns I had, she stepped in and asked those questions or addressed the concerns. Her attention to detail, not matter how big or small, is unmatched. She was easily accessible and promptly answered any and all questions we had during the planning process. Her professionalism made it so easy to work with and she made sure our special day was everything we envisioned it to be! The day of the wedding was seamless. Amanda and her staff handled all the details and we had nothing to worry about, which allowed us to focus on having fun and enjoying our family and friends. Even our guests were impressed with Amanda. Throughout the night, guests frequently complimented us on how she worked discreet behind the scenes and that any task that needed to be done was done, without you noticing she was there. The quests even expressed that they could tell we had a very special person looking out for us, which confirms that we choose the perfect person for our special day. We highly recommend Southern Chic Wedding and Events to anyone planning a wedding in the Lowcountry area. If you want a highly motivated, personable and dedicated wedding and event planner, look no further than Amanda and her team at Southern Chic Wedding and Event Planning.

Southern Chic Weddings is absolutely FANTASTIC! Amanda is incredibly organized and on top of everything. She really knows Charleston and everything wedding-related in the area. She and Becky made lots of great recommendations while being super understanding of our budget and our opinions. We paid for their most-involved package and it was totally worth it -- it felt like a steal considering all the work they did (and the amount of stress it saved us).
    Would definitely recommend Amanda and Southern Chic Weddings to anyone getting married in the Charleston area!

Adriane · Married on 10/24/2015

My husband and I hired Southern Chic Weddings at the very last minute for "Week Of" coordination, and they were absolutely one of our top vendors. This was THE best decision that we made throughout the process. Amanda and Becky are seriously incredible! They are so down to earth and welcoming, which made us and our families feel really comfortable. They are organized, available, and very knowledgeable. They have great ideas and suggestions. Closer to the wedding, I felt comfortable saying yes to any and all of their suggestions. My wedding day went perfectly, and I have to thank Amanda and Becky for that! Becky was up very early in the morning delivering snacks to my bridesmaids and me. Our reception went so perfectly thanks to their organization and great ideas! They checked on us throughout the entire reception, always let us know where we needed to be, and just made sure everyone had a great time! I don't think I can say enough about how happy I am that we chose Southern Chic Weddings! Book them if you want the perfect day!

• Amanda

Amanda · Married on 05/24/2015

We hired Amanda for her "week of coordination" and basic planning services - however, it truly was more than just the "week of". Amanda also coordinated our rehearsal dinner and welcome cocktail party, and she flawlessly coordinated and directed our ceremony rehearsal. Amanda and her assistant, Becky, were absolutely incredible!
    Amanda was always polite and professional in our communications. She was so personable and it felt like another friend joining me in the wedding planning journey. She graciously guided me through the wedding planning process for the entire year before our wedding with her monthly check-ins. I would always receive a response to my emails within a few hours, sometimes within minutes.
    Amanda made me feel like my questions were as important to her as they were to me - no matter how crazy they were! I felt so confident having her guidance and support. I could always look to her for advice as well as vendor recommendations that fit our personality and budget.
    We ran into a few minor issues with our venue two weeks before the wedding and they were quickly resolved thanks to Amanda. She let me know the situation and solved it for us with ease. Amanda took over all of the vendor correspondence 10 days before our wedding and tied up all of the loose ends.
    The week of the wedding, Amanda would check in with me each day. It was very comforting to know she was there to help with anything we needed that week and she made sure we were truly enjoying our time with family and friends.
    Our wedding weekend was absolute perfection thanks to the meticulous delivery from Amanda and her assistant, Becky! We continue to receive compliments about how amazing our wedding was and how effortlessly it flowed in such a large venue and we attribute that to Amanda's layout suggestions and ideas. Amanda went above and beyond and I am forever grateful for her help and guidance along the way. She truly was such a joy to work with!

Megan · Married on 03/27/2015

Amanda was amazing! She kept in touch with me throughout the whole wedding planning process. She recommended great vendors and contacted them for me! I would highly recommend Amanda! The wedding day was everything I imagined and couldn't have done it without her!

Rachel · Married on 03/21/2015

Amanda was such a pleasure to work with. She helped me and my husband figure out the best way to do things and really listened to what we wanted. She made my life so much easier on my wedding day and just let us enjoy our special day

Alisa · Married on 03/21/2015

Well worth the money. I was able to relax and don't think I stressed at any point. We left everything to them and I would highly recommend them.

Rachel · Married on 03/14/2015

Amanda was fantastic! She was a wonderful wedding planner and made my big day fantastic!

Cecile · Married on 11/15/2014

Hiring Amanda with Southern Chic Weddings and Events was the best decision I made during the entire wedding planning process. YOU NEED TO HIRE HER BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE DOES! She was extremely organized, covered every detail imaginable, and had a plan for any issue that could possibly arise. She is unbelievable! I originally wanted to elope - so I probably wasn't the easiest bride to work with due to my indecisiveness. She was able to interpret my weird unsure answers for what I wanted, and made sure that my dream wedding came true. My mother and I planned the wedding long-distance, and she was extremely accommodating, and did everything possible to make it easier on us not being in the Charleston area. I literally could not recommend her more! My wedding was fabulous and flawless. I could not have asked for more!

Amanda was great to work with, very patient and incredibly efficient!!!!

Amanda was wonderful to work with in planning our wedding. Her and Kim did a great job coordinating the event as well. Amanda's attention to detail was extremely helpful in the planning process and making sure the event ran smoothly. Southern Chic was a pleasure to work.